Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion (8037 Views)

Why Is It Difficult For Men From Another Religion To Marry An Hausa Lady / A Lot Of Stories And Verses In The Bible Were Copied From Another Religion / Atheism Is Another Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 19, 2012
F00028 is a real cowardly tool!

The ignorant muslim posted this thinking it made sense. When he saw that the arguments were beyond his reasoning level, he abandoned the thread.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by F00028: 11:10am On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03: F00028 is a real cowardly tool!

The ignorant muslim posted this thinking it made sense. When he saw that the arguments were beyond his reasoning level, he abandoned the thread.

[size=15pt] wassamatter, Reyginus too much for you ? [/size]

on the contrary I follow this thread quite closely. sometimes I just observe, I learn stuff better that way...but not from you, obviously.

and one thing I have learnt is you're a perfect example of no. 1
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
F00028:

[size=15pt] wassamatter, Reyginus too much for you ? [/size]

on the contrary I follow this thread quite closely. sometimes I just observe, I learn stuff better that way...but not from you, obviously.

and one thing I have learnt is you're a perfect example of no. 1

grin grin grin

1) Support a failed article listing ignorant things about science

2) Support an ignorant person (Reyginius) who is proud about his ignorance about science but asks ignorant questions.

2 reasons why you are an ignorant and cowardly tool.

Notice that Reyginius always made no sense when he made a positive statement eg big bang is an explosion. the big bang is unfounded.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Kay17: 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: A cause must always be connected to the effect. That is cheap. The difficult thing is:
1. It is not possible to know the cause when you don't know the laws governing the system before it was caused.
2. It is not also possible to decipher the immediate effect of a cause you were not observing. We can never be sure that the expansion of the universe was the immediate effect of the gigantic explosion.
That said. What I think is, we will never know exactly what happened. We will have to accept assumptions based on calculations for now. Science is limited in understanding, never you think it has the answer to everything.
The problem with science is that it tries to do the work of philosophers.

1. We have to assume the our physical laws are consistent with that of the presumed time of big ban.g. For example causality. We presume causality operates at the time of the big ban.g. Why an assumption? Cos we have to start from somewhere.

2. I think an effect points directly at the cause, we should follow the evidence.

3. Science isn't omniscient, yet it makes the most breakthroughs, it questions our authorities and old truths and tradition. It proves the usefulness of knowledge.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by UyiIredia(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
I was going to castigate the topic but then SOME of the reasons where on-point. For example public opinion sometimes does play on science. Scientists deny this of course since science isn't supposed to be a result of public opinion but the example given was accurate.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by F00028: 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
...2 reasons why you are an ignorant and cowardly tool.
only two?
anyone who reads this thread can easily find 11 reasons why you're a blind following parrot. grin

enough, now. get back to the relevant stuff.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
F00028:
only two?
anyone who reads this thread can easily find 11 reasons why you're a blind following parrot. grin

enough, now. get back to the relevant stuff.

Even christians dont agree with the cut and paste list you posted.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I was going to castigate the topic but then SOME of the reasons where on-point. For example public opinion sometimes does play on science. Scientists deny this of course since science isn't supposed to be a result of public opinion but the example given was accurate.

You had to go general on a specific post. What example are you talking about?

Science plays on public opinion and not the other way around. Get some sense
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
wiegraf:
Look at the bold. Without any measurement, observer etc, so long as quarks etc interact, there is uncertainty. You cannot accurately determine the state of the system, or accurately predict (ie 100%) what will happen, even on paper, under any condition. So no, this world is not deterministic, it only looks so.

Everything is made of quarks and what not, everything is both a wave and particle, you don't notice these on the macroscopic level (obviously) but once you get to smaller sizes, strangeness ensues. Weird things like walking through walls happen all the time, unpredictably. Energy is borrowed from and immediately balanced out by

Read it up for yourself though, I'm no pro.
SMH. It seems you've forgotten the arguement we are making here.
You are helping me nail you. Didn't occur to you that since we can't accurately determine the state of a system, when we do so, like we've done with the origin of the universe, it is tantamount to making unfounded claims?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: SMH. It seems you've forgotten the arguement we are making here.
You are helping me nail you. Didn't occur to you that since we can't accurately determine the state of a system, when we do so, like we've done with the origin of the universe, it is tantamount to making unfounded claims?

How foolish. We know a tiny bit pf the picture. You are arguing that since we dont know the full picture, then that tiny bit is unfounded.

How fallacious. An argument from ignorance.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by F00028: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Even christians dont agree with the cut and paste list you posted.
so what?!

you see that's the difference between you and I: I ain't here to impress nobody.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
Notice that Reyginius always made no sense when he made a positive statement eg big bang is an explosion. the big bang is unfounded.

Mr logic,I wonder how you even manage to understand. You like to abuse logic. I don't know where you got this idea that cause and effect are the same thing.
You are yet to prove to me that you use logic.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
F00028:
so what?!

you see that's the difference between you and I: I ain't here to impress nobody.

Of course, you are here to expose your ignorance and your anti-scientific religion called Islam
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
Kay 17:

1. We have to assume the our physical laws are consistent with that of the presumed time of big ban.g. For example causality. We presume causality operates at the time of the big ban.g. Why an assumption? Cos we have to start from somewhere.

2. I think an effect points directly at the cause, we should follow the evidence.

3. Science isn't omniscient, yet it makes the most breakthroughs, it questions our authorities and old truths and tradition. It proves the usefulness of knowledge.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: Mr logic,I wonder how you even manage to understand. You like to abuse logic. I don't know where you got this idea that cause and effect are the same thing.
You are yet to prove to me that you use logic.

Cause and effect? What are you talking about? Explain
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2012
Kay 17:

1. The moment we even begin to assume, rather than working on proof, whatever claim we are making is unfounded and not certain.
Unfounded in the sense that we don't know whether the laws prior to the big bang were physical or metaphysical.
2. Any evidence we are following will stop making sense the moment we reach the point when the universe was formed. We can never further backward. Our evidence will only be concrete, if we can go back in time to the events prior to initial phase of the big bang.
3. Yes ofcourse it isn't. Their is always a limit to what science can achieve. It's quite unfortunate that scientists will never agree to this, instead they end up making watery claims.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

How foolish. We know a tiny bit pf the picture. You are arguing that since we dont know the full picture, then that tiny bit is unfounded.

How fallacious. An argument from ignorance.

lol. I don't know what you are talking about.
You first have to prove(scientifically) that the tiny bits we know prior to the initial phase of the big bang are true.
Have we done that?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Cause and effect? What are you talking about? Explain
Lololololol. And you call yourself logicboy. Supernova(a gigantic explosion. The cause) and expansion(the effect).
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: lol. I don't know what you are talking about.
You first have to prove(scientifically) that the tiny bits we know prior to the initial phase of the big bang are true.
Have we done that?

What are the things we know prior to the initial phase of the big bang?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: Lololololol. And you call yourself logicboy. Supernova(a gigantic explosion. The cause) and expansion(the effect).

The big bang wasnt a supernova.

Epic fail

Try again.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: Lololololol. And you call yourself logicboy. Supernova(a gigantic explosion. The cause) and expansion(the effect).

Lololololol. Just stick to your jewish fairy tales AKA yahweh did it.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

What are the things we know prior to the initial phase of the big bang?

Lolol. Are you asking me? Post 137.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

The big bang wasnt a supernova.

Epic fail

Try again.
Who said it entirely is? What is a supernova? What triggered the expansion of the universe?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
Martian:

Lololololol. Just stick to your jewish fairy tales AKA yahweh did it.
Another scientheist.
Em...em..em...are you coming home or you want to hang out on the street?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: Who said it entirely is? What is a supernova? What triggered the expansion of the universe?

grin grin grin grin grin

You wouldnt be asking this foolish question if you bothered to read legitimate sites about the big bang. This is what happens when you use religion to explain science. Stay away from creationist sites
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin grin grin

You wouldnt be asking this foolish question if you bothered to read legitimate sites about the big bang. This is what happens when you use religion to explain science. Stay away from creationist sites
Lol. You wouldn't have allowed such reckless thinking if you know a dime about what we are talking about. This is what happens when people think atheism associates with a superior reasoning.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: Lol. You wouldn't have allowed such reckless thinking if you know a dime about what we are talking about. This is what happens when people think atheism associates with a superior reasoning.

Lol.....coming from someone who has access to the internet claiming that the big bang was caused by a supernova?

cheesy cheesy

retardeen
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol.....coming from someone who has access to the internet claiming that the big bang was caused by a supernova?

cheesy cheesy

retardeen
Lololol. The problem is that you think a supernova is a phenomenon. No, it's not. It is a scientific term used to describe a phenomenon-the enormous explosion involving the emission of energy, usually emitted in the form of bright light.
Oya start shouting epic fail. Epic fail!epic fail! epic..!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Kay17: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: 1. The moment we even begin to assume, rather than working on proof, whatever claim we are making is unfounded and not certain.
Unfounded in the sense that we don't know whether the laws prior to the big bang were physical or metaphysical.
2. Any evidence we are following will stop making sense the moment we reach the point when the universe was formed. We can never further backward. Our evidence will only be concrete, if we can go back in time to the events prior to initial phase of the big bang.
3. Yes ofcourse it isn't. Their is always a limit to what science can achieve. It's quite unfortunate that scientists will never agree to this, instead they end up making watery claims.

1. What we know is troublesome, cos if you know nothing, you'd need a reference point. One has to start somewhere. But assumptions must always have a basis and be simple. For example to test for the speed of light, you have to assume your senses can correctly determine it.

2. Except you have problems with causes and effects, your point doesn't stand, cos you keeping ignoring the causal link btw causes/effects.

3. Science is only held to be more superior.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
Reyginus: Lololol. The problem is that you think a supernova is a phenomenon. No, it's not. It is a scientific term used to describe a phenomenon-the enormous explosion involving the emission of energy, usually emitted in the form of bright light.
Oya start shouting epic fail. Epic fail!epic fail! epic..!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_the_Big_Bang_and_a_supernova_the_same
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 20, 2012
Kay 17:

1. What we know is troublesome, cos if you know nothing, you'd need a reference point. One has to start somewhere. But assumptions must always have a basis and be simple. For example to test for the speed of light, you have to assume your senses can correctly determine it.

2. Except you have problems with causes and effects, your point doesn't stand, cos you keeping ignoring the causal link btw causes/effects.

3. Science is only held to be more superior.
1. The main thing is, so long you call them assumptions, that they have a basis is not necessary. Because assumptions are not facts.
2. No I'm not. My point is simple. We can only know the causes and effect to the point we our universe began to exist. We can not know the laws governing the system from where originated our universe.
3. Thus the acceptance of any claim it makes.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Science Is Another Religion by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_the_Big_Bang_and_a_supernova_the_same
Are you this dull or you want me to think so? Where did I say they are the same thing? I'm still wondering how you understand.
Btw, your link is empty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Biblical Interpretations On Homosexuality. / The Beginning Of Atheism : Charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Huxley And Nietzsche / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.