Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) (24649 Views)

Fattened Chicken Can Cause Food Poisoning, Infections –experts / I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today / Chinese Silkie - Naturally Black Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by saintneo(m): 11:33am On Dec 17, 2012
When I remember Sokoto, I remember NYSC o! Aye! Aye! I enjoy life for there.

We normally bought goats for cheap prices then. grin grin grin grin
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2012
Why am I the only one laughing @ Okija Juju's comment......LMAO! grin grin

@op: I don't understand the purpose of the thread. Food section?? undecided
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Wendyslim(f): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2012
Obinnau: how conducive is it for studying?
he be like say you be Igbo bah, if ur life still get value no go study for there oooooooow embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by harlos: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: it cost #1200, then i paid #100 for the skinning
so cheap
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by younglawya(m): 11:36am On Dec 17, 2012
dude , u live in sokoto? do u walk around in full body armour
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by osram(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: AFTER EVERYTHING HOLLA..... YOU GET THIS... YUMMY HUH?
idiot...u r happy dt u r in d core north,dnt wori u r next...am sure u r an igbo dude...una no dey hear word.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2012
Okija_juju: NICE PICURES....

How many mega pixel camera be that?
Lol, the day i went to that market, i went with my 302, which has a 3.2 MP cam. Is the quality poor?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: Lol, the day i went to that market, i went with my 302, which has a 3.2 MP cam. Is the quality poor?

Dont mind me o!! grin

I love your pictures... Please next time, try and catch a much larger view to give us a clearer perspective of the area.. However, really nice.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2012
i was expecting to see plenty chicken and different colours, no cow meat, goat meat, etc...?

U try
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2012
Chicken felony undecided

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: i'm currently, doing a catalogue of roads in Sokoto, and i'll upload them soon. Sokoto has some of the best Road network in Northern Nigeria(all built by the former gov) the present gov is on a looting spree
Sokoto best road network? I bet you have not been to katsina
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2012
For those of you who said i'm IGBO. You guessed right. We're from Anambra state. My parents have lived in Sokoto for over 30yrs. They got married here. And all their kids, 6 in total were born here. My mum works @ the teaching Hospital while my dad is a Mobile police officer. Sokoto for now is still accomodating to Igbos and untill it Changes that status, i dont see the over 200,000 igbos in sokoto relocating anytime soooooooon. Got that?

7 Likes

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by rastamouse: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: For those of you who said i'm IGBO. You guessed right. We're from Anambra state. My parents have lived in Sokoto for over 30yrs. They got married here. And all their kids, 6 in total were born here. My mum works @ the teaching Hospital while my dad is a Mobile police officer. Sokoto for now is still accomodating to Igbos and untill it Changes that status, i dont see the over 200,000 igbos in sokoto relocating anytime soooooooo. Got that

Be careful with those descriptions. We are living in dangerous times you know? wink
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by obi123: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: it cost #1200, then i paid #100 for the skinning
ah thats not bad oh not bad at all
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dont mind me o!! grin

I love your pictures... Please next time, try and catch a much larger view to give us a clearer perspective of the area.. However, really nice.
in that case watch out for my thread on 'Sokoto Roads' coming sooon. cheesy
Okija_juju:

Dont mind me o!! grin

in that case watch out for my thread on 'Sokoto Roads' coming sooon.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: in that case watch out for my thread on 'Sokoto Roads' coming sooon. cheesy in that case watch out for my thread on 'Sokoto Roads' coming sooon.

WATCHING OUT!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Goldieluks: 11:55am On Dec 17, 2012
Okija_juju: NICE PICURES....

How many mega pixel camera be that?

Na 250. grin
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Goldieluks: 11:56am On Dec 17, 2012
jamace: For your eyes only. grin
grin grin

~wiping eyes~
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
yawns! what's the essence of the thread anyway?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
Op. You brought sweet memories of Sokoto back. I schooled in UDUS. I was in school when the market got burnt in 2006.

Sokoto is so sweet and i pray something takes me there very soon. You are so right about the roads.

One thing about the people is they are so welcoming to visitors. I remember when my parents took me to school in 2004. Every Sokoto person we asked for description was so so ready to help. Sakkwatawa kenan.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by vislabraye(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
saintneo: When I remember Sokoto, I remember NYSC o! Aye! Aye! I enjoy life for there.

We normally bought goats for cheap prices then. grin grin grin grin

What set were you and your place of primary assignment?

I use to remember Faru faru. I was posted to Kware.
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by ismhab(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
How much is one chicken?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by onatisi(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
nnatobryno: of what use is this please?
i wonder o.
@op,pls what is special or new about this market that u want us to know?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by cold(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nice.Reminds me of kasuwan kaji in Jos when I was still a big time poultry farmer..lol. Before the Avian flu changed all that angry
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by abdulkayus(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: For those of you who said i'm IGBO. You guessed right. We're from Anambra state. My parents have lived in Sokoto for over 30yrs. They got married here. And all their kids, 6 in total were born here. My mum works @ the teaching Hospital while my dad is a Mobile police officer. Sokoto for now is still accomodating to Igbos and untill it Changes that status, i dont see the over 200,000 igbos in sokoto relocating anytime soooooooon. Got that?

OP, abeg tel dem. Ppl dat has never been to Kogi talkless of ip north always think dat wen u are in d North, u are dead. Likewise u too, i hav been in d North too for over 20years, and i can beat my chest dat North is still more peaceful dan south if nt for dis BH issues dat is affectin only lyk 3 or 4 states and occasional crisis here and there in some states. There are many states in d north dat do nt even xperience crisis at all.
Up till nw in kano, u will still c many igbos, Yorubas and other tribe and even millions of xtains here.
I serve in Anambra state bt am here in kano now.
Will lyk to c dos roads of SKT, if i hav chance i will take dat of kano also.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
ismhab: How much is one chicken?
A huge and healthy Chicken can cost from #800 to #1500. Depending on the Season. During Easter when Christians buy Birds rather than Goats as they do during xmass, Prices can sour as high as #2000 for a huge and healthy Chicken
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by RedLight1: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: Lol, the day i went to that market, i went with my 302, which has a 3.2 MP cam. Is the quality poor?
3.2mp is not so bad ... but next time ... try to increase the image size to like 1600x1200 before u take pictures so that those using pc can have a clearer view of the pictures ....
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by RedLight1: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: A huge and healthy Chicken can cost from #800 to #1500. Depending on the Season. During Easter when Christians buy Birds rather than Goats as they do during xmass, Prices can sour as high as #2000 for a huge and healthy Chicken
seriously? i thought chicken should be cheaper in sokoto.. u can get good chicken for that same amount here in lagos
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by omaojo1: 12:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
INNO18: A huge and healthy Chicken can cost from #800 to #1500. Depending on the Season. During Easter when Christians buy Birds rather than Goats as they do during xmass, Prices can sour as high as #2000 for a huge and healthy Chicken

Please, do you have an idea of how much goats cost over there?
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Super1759: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2012
smh, bh is really dealing with us and we are insisting people over the north should move out, this man is here chopping chicken
Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2012
abdulkayus:

OP, abeg tel dem. Ppl dat has never been to Kogi talkless of ip north always think dat wen u are in d North, u are dead. Likewise u too, i hav been in d North too for over 20years, and i can beat my chest dat North is still more peaceful dan south if nt for dis BH issues dat is affectin only lyk 3 or 4 states and occasional crisis here and there in some states. There are many states in d north dat do nt even xperience crisis at all.
Up till nw in kano, u will still c many igbos, Yorubas and other tribe and even millions of xtains here.
I serve in Anambra state bt am here in kano now.
Will lyk to c dos roads of SKT, if i hav chance i will take dat of kano also.
North is more peaceful than South? You must have really spent years in a maximum facility, you have definately lost touch with reality... Aside from sabon gari when your governor 'Kwankwaso' comes to drink every night, where in kano is safe again?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) by perragy(m): 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
I'm a witness to what the poster said althrough. Sokoto is a very nice place live in. very peaceful, low cost of living and the serenity is heavenly. The only thing is that the sun there is grade 1. i mean its like FIRE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Homemade Jollof Rice / Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video) / Recipe: How To Prepare Suya Spiced Chicken Nuggets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.