Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Where Is Nairaland Email Notification? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Where Is Nairaland Email Notification? (1242 Views)

What Forum Software And Theme Is Nairaland Running On? / Which Forum Software Is Nairaland Using? / Abeg Who Is Nairaland.com's Web Host? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Nairaland Email Notification? by charlsecy4(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2012
*Angry*

In the old Nairaland, I was receiving email notifications on posts I authored, followed or commented on. Today, it's a sad story; no email updates on posts. This is very unlike what is obtainable on most other blogs and Websites where one is notified by email on posts one is interested in.

Non-notification is bad for some reasons:

Difficulty keeping track of threads: Assuming one has commented on, say, 200 topics or threads, how could one keep track of the relevant comments without email notification?

If one has commented on many threads over a period of time, how could one track all the threads on which one has posted and/or commented, especially when a new comment has been added by another user? Do one has to be going to each and every thread one is somewhat following? How feasible is that, as such number of threads could be as large as the number of threads on Nairaland, at the most?

Reduces traffic: The logical consequence of inability or inconvenience in tracking all the topics one is "following" is a fall in visits, reduction in traffic.

I am of the opinion that Nairaland email notification should be revived to ensure easier tracking of relevant topics, when a new comment is made.

If one, for any reason, does not wish to be notified, one should have the option of unsubscribing to threads that they don't want to receive updates on..

What is your take?

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Facebook Using Your Mobile Phone / I Need Someone To Create Android App For My SMS Website? / Payoneer Funds And BTC Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.