Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: (13461 Views)

Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 16, 2012
Combining the powerful Neutrino OS from QNX, beautiful UI from TAT and industry-leading WebKit browser from Torch Mobile, BlackBerry has created the most advanced mobile platform in the world – BlackBerry 10.  In addition, incorporating an advanced contact management system from Gist and licensing the SwiftKey keyboard has allowed BlackBerry to take its traditional strengths to the next level.  After using the Dev Alpha B (running BB 10) for the past 3 months, I have discovered 10 ways in which BB10 has surpassed the outdated and stagnant iOS 6.

1) Dynamic Lock Screen

2) BlackBerry Hub – A Powerful Communications Center
Continuing with BlackBerry’s strength in messaging, the Hub allows users to receive and send emails, text messages and messages from Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn). In addition, users can post status updates to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn without leaving the Hub. Continuing with BlackBerry’s specialty in saving users’ time, this removes the need to open a Facebook app, a Twitter app and a LinkedIn app when a user wants to update their social networks.

3) Peek and Flow
The Hub is not an ordinary application – it is always running in the background. Thus, no matter which app an user is using, they are always one gesture away from the Hub (and their messages).
4) Advanced Touch Gestures
BlackBerry 10 gets rid of the outdated physical home button on the iPhone 5, and allows uses to use touch gestures to control the OS.

5) Industry-Leading Browser
With a HTML5 Test score of 484, BlackBerry 10 has the fastest browser in the industry (unless you also count the Tizen 2).  In contrast, iOS 6 only has a score of only 386.  In addition, the BB 10 browser is faster than any desktop browser.  For example, its HTML5 Test score of 484 is higher than Chrome Canary’s 453. The QNX Neutrino OS and RIM’s acquisition of Torch Mobile are the reasons behind the industry-leading browser on BB 10.

6) Active Frames
BB10 (unlike iOS 6) supports real multi-tasking. Thus, an user can have 8 open apps at the same time. When minimized, these running apps form a Active Frame, which provides tidbits of useful information. For example, from the Active Frame of the Calendar app, you can see the name and time of your next calendar appointment. Without opening BBM, you can see a contact’s updated profile picture, and their latest status updates.

7) TimeShift Camera
I have heard “wows” from colleagues and friends every time I demonstrate the TimeShift feature on the BB10 camera. The camera has a facial recognition ability, and allows you to move forward and backward in time to avoid blinking eyes or change facial expressions. The most incredible use case is when there are multiple people in the picture. You can put person A at +2 seconds, person B at 0.5 second and person C at -1 second. Thus, you have created the perfect moment that did not actually exist.

cool More Development Languages and Tools
BlackBerry 10 offers 3 ways for developers to develop native apps – C++/Cascades, Webworks (HTML5) and Adobe Air. In addition, developers can port their Android apps to BB 10 using RIM’s Android porting tools. Of course, developers can also use cross-platform tools such as Unity/Union, Marmalade, PhoneGap and Sencha.

This is in contrast to iOS 6, in which there is only one method available to developers – iOS SDK. The lack of a HTML5 SDK means that the many web developers that exist cannot put their skills to use.

BB10′s ability to run Android apps is a significant advantage over iOS.  In fact, from talking to BlackBerry employees in the past, BB10 could run iOS apps too (if iOS was open-sourced).  This also applies to any other OS (e.g. Windows).  Thus, by buying a BB10 device, you are virtually also getting an Android device for free.

9) Support of Open Standards – DLNA, NFC and HDMI—
DLNA has many uses, but it is not supported by the iPhone 5 (or any other iOS device).
BlackBerry adopts open-standards including DLNA, NFC and HDMI, which is convenient and results in cost-savings for consumers. This is in contrast to iOS, which supports none of these three standards.

With the launch of the Bold 9900 in August 2011, BlackBerry was the first major smartphone maker to support NFC. In Canada and the U.S., customers can already use their BlackBerry to make payments via NFC at thousands of locations that display the Contactless symbol. The L-series has a NFC chip, and there are already several NFC sample apps for the Dev Alpha available for developers to use to create NFC apps.

BlackBerry 10, like the PlayBook, has a HDMI output. This makes it easy for the user to display pictures or videos on a large-screen TV. In contrast, a lighting-to-HDMI adaptor is required for the iPhone or iPad, which costs an extra US$39/CAD$45.

Unlike Apple, BlackBerry is part of the http://www.dlna.org/.  This allows you to wirelessly display pictures, play videos and music from your BB10 smartphone on a TV (or any other electronic device with DLNA support).  In order to use a similar feature on the iPhone 5, you would need to buy the Apple TV for $99.

10) BBM – Beyond Instant Messaging

BBM currently has 60 million active users around the world. With the launch of BBM 7 this month, free voice calls over Wi-Fi is now available. BBM Video Chat on BB10 has been confirmed by Thorstein Heins. In addition, a collaboration feature, in which users using BBM Video can share documents and files instantly, has been leaked in pictures and videos. This is particularly useful for meetings.

Furthermore, RIM executives have recently said that BBM Money is “coming soon”, with the interpretation being late 2012 or early 2013. This feature allows BBM users to transfer money, which is convenient for friends who owe each other money, or in-person transactions (made through Kijiji for example).

BBM 6 already had far more functionality than Apple’s iMessage.  With the addition of voice calls, video, collaboration tools and BBM Money, BBM is set to widen the ....
Full article to be found via the link below

http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2012/12/15/10-reasons-why-blackberry-10-is-better-than-ios-6/

12 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Francheezy(m): 10:41pm On Dec 16, 2012
sheeybi na bb, gbagbe eh
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ITbomb(m): 10:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
apart from the BBM 7 , I think Nokia LUMIA beat am well well

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Posman(m): 10:49pm On Dec 16, 2012
wow! the phone will be freaking expensive!

4 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ciphoenix: 12:12am On Dec 17, 2012
lets see it In the market first
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by stanjohn57: 1:31am On Dec 17, 2012
Wow! Am really excited by d 'free Android' and BBM video! Already have BBM 7, so will really be great and cost effective especially if networks don't discontinue BIS because of d many freebies cos they are definitely gonna lose a lot.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ikechukz(m): 8:05am On Dec 17, 2012
waiting for the next thread that states 110 reasons why ios6 beats BB10

5 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by ciphoenix: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2012
where're tho iOS fans to do justice to this, disproving every single point grin
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2012
RIM stocks are on the rise beacuse of too many positive reviews on BB10 os,App developers that have got their hands on the phone are pretty sure RIM will pull a lot of weight when this device officially becomes available to the public(Jan 31 2013)...I'm just keeping my fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by stephenponti(m): 11:10am On Dec 17, 2012
All na hype!! How many ppl ve u seen using bb Porsche? This one too ll enter oblivion. iOS anytime any day!!!
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Denn(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
stephenponti: All na hype!! How many ppl ve u seen using bb Porsche? This one too ll enter oblivion. iOS anytime any day!!!

BB Porsche is not an OS.

11 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by drnoel: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
I will only comment when the fones start having Pigin-English as one of its contents in the language section.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
iPhone 5 is the best..

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Freezle(m): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
they just copying their self.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by mrdrizzy(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
ITbomb: apart from the BBM 7 , I think Nokia LUMIA beat am well well
abi tell am,calling hub,hub has been existing throughout the history of microsoft 7.5 even lumia 610 has hub

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by kenlash: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
stephenponti: All na hype!! How many ppl ve u seen using bb Porsche? This one too ll enter oblivion. iOS anytime any day!!!
Porsche is a luxury phone so its nt an everyday phone
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by 9jacriip: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
All I can say is 'dayuuuuuum'!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by yuzedo: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
Interest Piqued.... cool

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by mrdrizzy(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
Denn:

BB Porsche is not an OS.

its jst an error,bt hes making sense hw many ppl have u seen with porsche,and it still,$1020 aprox. 160k,i havnt even seen the porche physically sef
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by tkovie2002(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2012

Hahaha Sorry bro!! You are moving in the wrong circle. You dont wanna know how many people i know that use a BB Porsche. And I guess you never knew the BB Porsche is a limited edition phone.
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by fittty(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
Pls can someone translate this article into english for me? undecided
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by mrjingles(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
All this gee wizz technology wont do anything if the OS isnt RELIABLE! Reliability is the key thing, hanging screen and all dat doesnt help
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by elampiro(m): 1:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
Interesting!
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by mrdrizzy(m): 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
SIM Mini-SIM
Announced 2011, October
Status Available. Released 2011, December
Body
Dimensions 115 x 67 x 11.3 mm (4.53 x2.64 x 0.44 in)
Weight 155 g (5.47 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
Display
Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 640 x 480 pixels, 2.8 inches (~286 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
- Optical trackpad
Sound
Alert types Vibration; Polyphonic(64), MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory
Card slot microSD, up to 32GB
Internal 8 GB storage, 768 MB RAM
Data
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
NFC Yes
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera
Primary 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
Video Yes, 720p
Secondary No
Features
OS BlackBerry OS 7.0
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon
CPU 1.2 GHz
GPU Adreno 205
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML
Radio No
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java No
Colors Black
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/eAAC+/Flac/WAV player
- MP4/H.263/H.264 player
- Organizer
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
Battery
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh
Stand-by Up to 348 h
Talk time Up to 5 h 30 min
the blackberry porsche'

somebody pls tell me whats the big deal bout this fone that made it cost.am curious oh

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by avr247: 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
If a phone is not pinging its not winning, ios should join the nokia league jor
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
what about the king android
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by mrdrizzy(m): 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
fittty: Pls can someone translate this article into english for me? undecided
hahaahah funny
Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by dasdexter(m): 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
dunno abt u guys, but bro i ain't shellin out my hard earned cash for a service dat won't work pretty well(courtesy of nigeria's isp provider) or 4 a fone dat doesn't gives me a codin functionality or jst to show off wit a device dat dry's me lyk crayfish afta purchasin all in d name of bb madness, & d funniest part is ppl wil stil buy dis stuff not knowin a single function of it, GOD save naija

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by jhydebaba(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2012
When will London Used be available in the market

5 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by AZeD1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
Blackberry as a brand is in coma and will take a lot more than this to wake them up for the following reasons

1)Fanboyism: Apple have their fans locked in come rain, snow or shine and there is nothing RIM can do about that.
2)BBM with video = Skype so why would i drop my Iphone or Android phone for a blackberry because of a service thats limits me?
3) Dynamic lock screen makes no sense to the average user
4) If blackberry can run android apps why would i not just get an android phone with more options?(why would i buy a toyota cos it can use a honda engine). Almost every android app has it ios version.
5)support of open standard makes no sense to the average user.
6)The average user really doesn't care about browser speed. Fanboyism also works in the browser space.

#i'm an apple hater but this is reality.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by jhydebaba(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
mr.drizzy:
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
SIM Mini-SIM
Announced 2011, October
Status Available. Released 2011, December
Body
Dimensions 115 x 67 x 11.3 mm (4.53 x2.64 x 0.44 in)
Weight 155 g (5.47 oz)
Keyboard QWERTY
Display
Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 640 x 480 pixels, 2.8 inches (~286 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
- Optical trackpad
Sound
Alert types Vibration; Polyphonic(64), MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Memory
Card slot microSD, up to 32GB
Internal 8 GB storage, 768 MB RAM
Data
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
Speed HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band
Bluetooth Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
NFC Yes
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera
Primary 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
Video Yes, 720p
Secondary No
Features
OS BlackBerry OS 7.0
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon
CPU 1.2 GHz
GPU Adreno 205
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
Browser HTML
Radio No
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java No
Colors Black
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP3/eAAC+/Flac/WAV player
- MP4/H.263/H.264 player
- Organizer
- Document viewer
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
Battery
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh
Stand-by Up to 348 h
Talk time Up to 5 h 30 min
the blackberry porsche'

somebody pls tell me whats the big deal bout this fone that made it cost.am curious oh
Customized Porch PIN

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by elrony(m): 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
S3e as i dey laff..nice specs buh lumia 920T ,GS3 nd iphone 5 murders dis L-series...i take it u havent rwily been with a jailbroken savage kinda iphone sef..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Top 10 New Features In Android Oreo 8.0 / Download These Apps And Your Video, Radio And Live Streaming Needs Are Over.. / If U Are Familiar With This Picture Please Stop Misbehaving On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.