Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:03 AM

5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria (19609 Views)

9 Most Dangerous Jobs In Nigeria / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Jobbermancom: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2012
Now that we are fully immersed in the digital sea where more than half our lives are dependent on technology and the internet, more companies and employees nowadays look out to work-from-home jobs where they can stay at home and finish their deliverables. Transportation costs and other expenses going to the workplace are highly minimized without compromising on the income. The growth of work-from-home jobs has thrived in recent years no doubt, especially as humans constantly strive to achieve a work-life balance.

Many companies have focused on hiring experts who can work with schedules and meet deadlines but not necessarily be present in the office. There’s been a proliferation in the virtual workspace this century. Deals are sealed via teleconferences, employers recruit via social media and there’s an increasing demand for convenience at work. Countries like Nigeria have embraced this concept and implemented it to be part of their organizations’ culture. In this article, we will talk about the top 5 work-from-home jobs in Nigeria.

If you are either currently unemployed or not satisfied with what you’re doing, consider these work-from-jobs to help you enjoy a better life in the comfort of your home.

Freelance Writer

Anyone can pass contents online. Submission of written articles does not require being physically situated in a company’s office. Thus, being a freelance writer is one of the most common work-from-home jobs in Nigeria.

Qualifications are basic. A freelance writer should have a good portfolio of written works; His/her writing must be compelling enough to hold many readers’ attention. As well, writers must be dynamic to be able to provide explanations in a user-friendly manner rather than in a technical fashion. Of course, as content will be posted on the web, applicants must have a good understanding of Internet concepts and possess familiarity on optimizing content online.

Often, writers are to provide five to 10 articles in a week with a vast array of topics given by the publisher. A 700-word article usually is equivalent to $3, while a 1500-word article costs $5. In most areas, flexible rates are applied. Some even provide $60 per article, depending on the depth of the topic and the set of requirements.

Translator

Quite similar to a freelance writer, a translator writes articles with the same content only translated from original articles written in a different language. Many Nigerians are known to fluently speak and write in second languages asides English. Some of the more popular languages are; Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Portuguese. Companies are in favour of applicants who know one or two of these languages. If you’re more proficient as a linguist and know more than three languages that have high demands for translation jobs, you can really earn a decent pay out of this translating job.

Sales Representative

Work-from-home sales representatives are in charge of information and communication technologies services such as registration of domains, hosting and data center services, setting up of corporate email accounts, etc. Earnings are both commission-based and salary-based. To close sales, as a sales rep, you will be expected to perform mass mailing, data mining for leads and cold calling. Numbers and data will either be provided by your company or researched by your own.

You will also be responsible for accounts negotiation, online presentation and closing of deals. At the latter part, sales reps take up billing, collection of payment and support tasks. Hence, candidates must possess sales experience in the ICT industry with great technical background.

Virtual Assistant

The job of a virtual assistant spans from research work to support that comes with helpdesk tasks. If you are thinking of working as a virtual assistant, be ready for companies to assess if you are good in speaking and writing in English – being the lingua franca in Nigeria. This online job requires a polite tone in answering and making support calls, handling e-mails of customers and other secretarial responsibilities. This administrative role pays up to about $10 per hour.

Graphic Designer

Graphics designing jobs are hot in demand now even much more than it was 2 years ago. If you are skilled in designing graphics such as logos and animations, you can stay at home and earn up to $60 an hour. A vast portfolio of creative designs and Flash works is your ticket to getting hired by companies involved in online work sites. Include web designs and get as much as an additional pay of $50 per hour. If you are capable of taking clear photos, it is highly suggested to include your experience as a photographer in your resume. Companies are generally generous in paying for photographs they can’t get elsewhere to speak for their brand in a unique way.

Work-from-home jobs in Nigeria do not necessarily need you to be computer literate at the start. Companies may offer trainings and evaluate your performance to match the skills and experiences the jobs require. However, a top requirement for such jobs remains an excellent time management skill. You may also have challenges with availability of resources and you have to do an exhaustive research to avoid fake or ill promised opportunities.

But in all, there are great work-from-home jobs with excellent pay and it all boils down to the core skills you possess.

@jobbermandotcom

5 Likes

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
Hello xxxxxxxxx,

3 years ago, when we launched to the public, the mission was to help people solve one of the biggest challenges in their lives - finding the right job. The mission is still the same. And we will stand true to it. We have been encouraged by testimonies of thousands who have found jobs through Jobberman (you can see some of the testimonies here http://www./success-stories/)

However, in Nigeria, there are clearly more job seekers than jobs and no matter what we do we cannot create jobs for all the jobseekers on Jobberman. The best that we can do is to keep getting better at finding the jobs wherever they are in Nigeria and to put them online to give jobseekers the best chance of finding the job that suits them. This year alone we have advertised over 27,000 jobs. 45% of these jobs were exclusively on Jobberman i.e they cannot be found anywhere else. We have hired a customer service focused team of over 40 people across the different regions dedicated 100% to finding vacancies for our members.

Feedback from candidates and employers show that lots of qualified job seekers aren't chosen because they're lost among too many unqualified applications; companies are also not getting the best experience as they end up paying for quantity not quality (many candidates apply and only few are qualified).

To get the best experience for both companies and jobseekers, we are making the following changes to our service:

It will now be FREE for companies to advertise jobs on . We have tested this for the last one week and doubled the number of job vacancies available for jobseekers. This will allow us to fulfil our goal of putting more job vacancies online for our members.
We are introducing a membership fee of N1000 for one month or N2500 for 3 months to be paid by those jobseekers who want to be able to search and apply for jobs on Jobberman with no restriction. Those who do not want to pay will still be able to
upload their CV so that Jobberman can make it accessible to over 4000 companies who use us.
search for jobs; but they will not be able to see the names of the companies advertising the jobs.
Test drive Jobberman by being able to apply for up to five(5) jobs. (They can also get extra job applications by referring colleagues to sign up on )
Paid Members will get all the above PLUS the following:
Unlimited access to search and apply for jobs (thousands of which are exclusive to Jobberman i.e not available on any other website or newspaper).
Ability to see company names and details for all companies that allow us to reveal their names (some companies chose to be anonymous for their internal strategic reasons).
Less competition as their applications now compete against fewer applicants

For all of our existing Premium alert users, we will be converting your premium alert subscription to Premium Membership.

We do not want this change to be sudden, as such we are upgrading all existing users as at 14, December 2012 to Premium Membership till January 1 2013. Afterwards, those willing to stay on to enjoy the benefits of premium membership will have to pay to renew their premium membership.

Dear friends, we need you to visit our website on your PC or phone and let's know what you think.

We're happy to discuss any questions or concerns you might have about these changes at . Please don't hesitate to contact us at support@ or +234(0)16311030

We are rooting for you,
Deji, Lekan and Opeyemi

@ jobberman u sent this to my mail and you come on nairaland to post work-from-home-jobs abi... Hypocraze.. You success stories are fraud and fake .. I dare anyone to come on NL and tell he/she got a job through jobberman.... Nonsense angry

6 Likes

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by dridowu: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
Gr8
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by pomporiking: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
i dey laff sha
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by TeenageMoney(m): 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2012
free2ryhme:

@ jobberman u sent this to my mail and you come on nairaland to post work-from-home-jobs abi... Hypocraze.. You success stories are fraud and fake .. I dare anyone to come on NL and tell he/she got a job through jobberman.... Nonsense angry

Na must say u go quote this tin b4 u talk

2 Likes

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by ektbear: 4:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
odesk.com and other digital freelancing websites are pretty useful for anyone interested in working from home.

I've hired a few programmers from that site, as well as a writer.
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
What is Jobberman pls?

1 Like

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by alfredo4u(m): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
My eyes wanted falling out.

Pls anybody who got d real content should summaries for us.

Summary, summary pls pals. Im tired of drivin to office everyday.
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by RichLizzy: 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2012
Thanks, but how can we apply?
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Calyb(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
First to comment: who is fooling who now
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Tekecoms1(m): 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
This is a rich information bro. Undiluted thanks to you. How does one start? What r the parameters involved?

1 Like

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
But seriously. In as much as I have heard people give testimonies about jobberman, I have also heard people criticize them for collecting money to correct resumes that will land them job without any positive results. So it all boils down to being better at jobberman because I saw a vehicle of yours at Lekki and I want to believe you guys are established firmly, please dont say what you cant do and dont do what you can say.

@Free2rhyme, chillout.
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by dljbd1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
alfredo4u: My eyes wanted falling out.

Pls anybody who got d real content should summaries for us.

Summary, summary pls pals. Im tired of drivin to office everyday.

Lol...as i saw d writeup, i jst decide 2read other people's comments...sm reasonable comments gives clue 2 d op's epistle @times
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2012
Teenage Money:

I beg you for bandwidth/MB before

3 Likes

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by yorke1: 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
free2ryhme:

Teenage Money:

[quote author=free2ryhme]

Dont mind that dude jor. Mi sef tire for am sef
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2012
richarts: But seriously. In as much as I have heard people give testimonies about jobberman, I have also heard people criticize them for collecting money to correct resumes that will land them job without any positive results. So it all boils down to being better at jobberman because I saw a vehicle of yours at Lekki and I want to believe you guys are established firmly, please dont say what you cant do and dont do what you can say.

@Free2rhyme, chillout.

I hope you are normal.. Try chilllout for yaba left ok
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
acidosis™:
What is Jobberman pls?

wait till i cnsult Ifa for your answer #iamconjuringrightnow
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
free2ryhme:

I hope you are normal.. Try chilllout for yaba left ok

Obviously you are insane to be talking to an elderly person like that.
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
richarts:

Obviously you are insane to be talking to an elderly person like that.

Your comments show your are typical bush yoruba boi... what has my comment got to do with age... Hypocraze
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Dermie: 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
#Breaths In
#Breaths Out.
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Georgesmartt(m): 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
Op.Thanks for the info, at least I'v just realized how to make so Extra Nairas from sitting in the comfort of my home with my Laptop Designing Graphics for Organizations.
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by funkymedina: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
here we go again . so jobberman is now like dbanj??make a post then get ur jobless people to come and do your biding, insulting people and whatnot. Why on earth will you want to squeeze money out of job seekers? U must be a fraud!

1 Like

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Businesstools(m): 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2012
richarts: But seriously. In as much as I have heard people give testimonies about jobberman, I have also heard people criticize them for collecting money to correct resumes that will land them job without any positive results. So it all boils down to being better at jobberman because I saw a vehicle of yours at Lekki and I want to believe you guys are established firmly, please dont say what you cant do and dont do what you can say.

@Free2rhyme, chillout.
However impressive a resume is,it can only get you an interview.It is up to the candidate to defend his CV when he comes face-to-face with the employers.You can also get expert help with your CV at www.patrickokunimaconsulting.com
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by fapcrook(m): 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
free2ryhme:

Am enjoying my free 500 MB now, check naijalo......d for more details. Once its done u can only use it for a week. Dont say i told u ooo
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by Dygeasy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
What about ASHEWO?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by TeenageMoney(m): 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
free2ryhme:

Na slap i forr give u if to say u dey near me
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
fapcrook: Am enjoying my free 500 MB now, check naijalo......d for more details. Once its done u can only use it for a week. Dont say i told u ooo

ode .. I use Vsat
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by free2ryhme: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2012
Teenage Money:

Na slap i forr give u if to say u dey near me

u deserve an e-punch for dat statement
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by gen2briz(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
free2ryhme:

u deserve an e-punch for dat statement

Se you go allow make I do your e-refree
Re: 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria by kavey10(m): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
Jobbless murrafcukres viewing this damn thread, Id.i.ots fighting free2rhyme.Those Jobberman peepz are fraudulent! Squeezing money from job seekers. What a shame! Don't let your desperation turn you a victim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biochemistry Graduates: Lets Meet Here / I'm Considering Leaving Medicine - Please Advise / Should I resign or continue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.