Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,454 members, 7,781,313 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

I Think I Am Anorexic - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Think I Am Anorexic (1284 Views)

Pls Help!! I Think I Have Damaged Something In My Body O / I Think I Have Ebola..what Can I Do Please / I Think I Am Screeewwed............. Urgent Help Needed!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Think I Am Anorexic by mogbomoya: 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
I have always been a fat kid. Everyone called me chubby cheeks. I went to a Nigerian Boarding school and lost some weight. After secondary school, the weights piled back on. At a tender age of 18 I weighed 95kg. I left the shores of Nigeria for my graduate & post graduate studies. I learnt how to count calories & exercise. I gradually reduced from a UK size 18 to size 16. A friend introduced me to the Cambridge diet were you are limited to a very low calorie diet of 450 a day. I loved the diet cause the shakes were already prepackaged and I didn't have to prepare any meals. The fats melted off & my confidence grew. I became a lovely UK size 12.

I got married & relocated back to Nigeria. I maintained my weight by eating once a day. I got pregnant after 2 yrs of marriage. I went from 68kg to 97kg. I got really depressed about the weight I had piled on. I suffered from post natal depression. I didn't loose any weight immediately after delivery (Mid August) and I even got more depressed. I started the indomie diet, eating one pack of indomie daily (120grams of indomie pepper chicken). (I had to supplement breastfeeding with formula cause the anti depressants reduced my milk supply)The weights melted off, it was like magic. By October Ending, I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 68kg.

The diet combined with breast feeding made the weights come off fast. Everyone started complaining. I was shocked when my sister's size 8 dresses fitted me perfectly. I weighed myself last week & I was shocked to be weighing 57kg. Everyone begs me to eat but I just hate food now. The thot of being fat scares me. I live on water and coke zero and garden eggs and cucumber. I have resumed work and my energy level is really down. I fall sick easily. My milk supply has dried up. Am obsessed with loosing weight.

Please help me. I hate diets. They are difficult to keep up with. Starving & not eating is much easier.
Re: I Think I Am Anorexic by oluite(f): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
I hate diets too,the healthy way to lose and maintain weight is healthy eating and exercise. What you are doing presently is unhealthy and especially so seeing as you just had a baby.Don't be too hard on yourself,you have to be healthy for you and your baby.
Firstly I still think you still need to deal with the post natal depression,apart from the drugs maybe google and find support groups.The awareness in Nigeria is quite low.
Also instead of indomine you can do fruits,vegetables,beans,moimoi. These are some healthy food choice with low calories amongst many others.Then you can do brisk walk for 30mins daily for a start or use the jump rope daily. There is a very helpful and supportive thread here for losing weight. You can check it out,I use it myself when am losing track on my own.
Re: I Think I Am Anorexic by mightlove(f): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
@mogbomoya: check out the link below. You will get lots of tips and support. I discovered the thread when i was in desperate need to lose weight and i got a lot of advice and tips from there. Its not about starving, its about eating healthfully and keeping active.
www.nairaland.com/282744/daily-exercise-food-routine-those/174

(1) (Reply)

US Ebola Patient Dr. Kent Brantly Speaks Out - Read His Statement / 13 Health Benefits Of Sex / 10 Baby Shower Cakes! *parents' Guidance Advised*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.