Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) (25099 Views)

PHOTOS: Flydubai Plane Crashes In Russia, Killing All 62 Passengers On Board / Photos: Truck Crashes In Jos, Covers Almost The Entire Road / Airline Has Crashed Killing All Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by sylve11: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2012
Sad! sad cool
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by lolaluv1(f): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
Rip.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Wsdm: 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
Rest in peace to the departed souls. I just want sound the way some people do to other faith. Why is Christmas always associated with all those things with this one almost carrying the lead? No offence intended please just a sober reflection.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
[b]WARNING TO ALL TRAVELLERS THIS YULETIDE SEASON

There is no such thing as Enber month spirit.. The truth is that Passengers need to live up to their responsibilities to the drivers. This period, there is a lot of traffic and drivers try to make more trips than they would normally do. So what you see is they speed on the roads to shorten the trip time and then they push themselves by making extra trips to make extra money. So where a driver would do two trips in a day, he tries to do 4.. What you end up having is a tired driver that is speeding and making dangerous manuvers on the road. HERE IS MY ADVICE:

1. Please make sure that whoever sits in front with the driver does not sleep. Its this persons duty to monitor the drivers speedometer and also check that the driver isnt sleeping.. I was once in a cab from Port-Harcourt to Calabar where the driver was actually sleeping on the wheels. What I did was tap him to pullover using the excuse that I needed to pee.. We came down and I immediately told the driver that he should take a walk. We rested for 30minutes by the road vefore we began the journey again. Some passengers werent happy, but who cares..

2. Please stay sharp and caution the driver when he starts to speed, make dangerous manuvers, overtaking at bends and starts taking unnecessary risks.. You reserve the exclusive right to scream down the bus. You may look mad, but you will be that Mad person that arrives his/her destination alive and not in a body bag.

3. Avoid travelling by night.. Chances are, your driver has been driving all day and is most likely tired. Coupled with the bad roads and the criminal activities that tend to spike during this season, travelling at night is like playimng russian roullete with your life.

4. Try and speak to your driver prior to the trip to check if he has been sipping some shepe. Should you percieve alcohol on his breath, please do not enter that vehicle. Many drivers take local gins that they say keeps them awake. Please do not enter these buses.

5. USE only trusted Transport companies like ABC Transport, EDO line and the likes that have a safety standard record thats clear for all to see.

6. Do not be in a hurry..... [/b]

12 Likes

Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by IMMUNO1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
May their souls rest in peace....amen.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by slap1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
RIP.
The bus just tore apart! What kinda speed was it doing?

1 Like

Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
slap1: RIP.
The bus just tore apart! What kinda speed was it doing?

My broda ask me o!
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by kenlash: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2012
holysmoke: As much as you did well in bringing us the info , please,you didn't have to post pictures of the dead. what is it with all you Nigerians and your fascination with the morbid? That was how people rushed to the scene of the Dana crash & started taking pics of the victims, hampering whatever relief efforts may have been made. Please, exercise caution in posting such gory pics .
They post pix so that somone like u won't ask for source. Nd someone has already asked for source. Sad day in sapele.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
My sympathy.may God comfort their families.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Omen100(m): 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2012
isangedigh: @Warrikid, pls when did this happen and can this be confirmed from their office along the dsc roundabout here in effurun? Im just around PTI junction now on my way there?

i heard that the bus took off from sapele with full load, i just tire 4 dis our country angry angry angry
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by novakid(m): 4:33pm On Dec 17, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Inna lillahi wa ina illaihi raji,un.

English plssss undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by runskid(m): 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
according to sum source. Police contributed to the accident.. Really. Sad
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2012
pDude: Only in Nigeria. cry

After some pple will tell me that Nigeria is better than Yankee. undecided

What are those people still doing lying in their own blood? So they have been left there without help sotay pple have taken time to position their cameras phones to snap pix of the bodies. Where are the emergency services who should have swooped in to at least save those they could? embarassed

God will punish anybody who dares open any thread to tell me Nigeria is better than US.

AMEN.

RIP
Thanks o! Met someone this after noon and all he was ranting about was that Nigeria is the best in d world, i argued and argued, till i realize that my arguement was pointless to him. Even a blind person knows that Nigeria is one of the worst countries in the world!
We got a long way to go! If not for the Grace of God on us ehn....d matter go don worst pass dis one.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by alyarmouk(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
believe me they died in vain and out of carelessness of the bus driver...believe me more will happen. my advice? get out of this f**king country
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
alyarmouk: believe me they died in vain and out of carelessness of the bus driver...believe me more will happen. my advice? get out of this f**king country
Like its that easy...
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by yurLink: 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
[color=#770077][/color][b][/b][/size][size=8pt] PLS, RESPECT THESE UNFORTUNATE VICTIMS AND REMOVE THESE PICTURES
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by chessguru1(m): 5:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
warrikid:
Pics help drive home points better plus u weren't forced to look n complain.silence is uncommon sense #word
He has a point though. This point was actually hammered by d BBC on why we can stand nd take sad pictures whn help and assistance shld b offered instead(aluu4).
Hmm really sad sha. I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ left ughelli 4 ph last week. Don't think ave ever heard it happun 2 any uduagan bus till now
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by chessguru1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
@op was it d big coaster buses or d small ones. Hmm sappele 2 warri isn't that far naw. Sad mode activated
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
Who come dey take this pictures sef.

Instead of to help you come turn photographer because of nairaland.

He who hears the cry of the opperessed and close his ear will cry and not be heard.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
val_dee: Who come dey take this pictures sef.

Instead of to help you come turn photographer because of nairaland.

He who hears the cry of the opperessed and close his ear will cry and not be heard.

1. I dont think that its advisable for anybody who isnt trained in First aid to tamper with an accident scene like this one.

Secondly.. I know Nigerians.. They will rush to the rescue first. Its only when they see that it is a hopeless situation that they would settle for pictures. Because really, some stories are better seen than imagined.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Onyeka32(m): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
U need to be there I could not look @ them the only girls that survived died 3hours ago and she is just 8years old
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by manmustwac(m): 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2012
For every fatal accident there usually about 10 or more near misses & unfortuneatly I was involved in a near miss last week Tuesday on my way to lagos from Warri our speeding bus hit the back of the bus in front of us then veered to the right onto the the grass verge where he managed to slow down his vehicle.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by doctokwus: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
Becacia_Barbie:
If not for the Grace of God on us ehn....d matter go don worst pass dis one.
How much worse can a country be dan this.Much as some wudnt want to admit it probably because nigeria is all dey av seen,nigerians are living in d stone age.To show u how bad our situation is:Iran now ravaged by war still has power supply in many areas,Cuba(a communist ghetto like country)still has an excellent medical set up;Libya despite d ravages of bombings& its most recent turmoil still has excellent road networks,etc;so tell me how much worse can it b wen a country has no power supply,no roads,no water,no emergency & evn non emergency response team.If one hundreth of d natural disasters dat strike other countries were to happen here,d country wud probably b wiped off d face of d earth.

1 Like

Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
doctokwus:
How much worse can a country be dan this.Much as some wudnt want to admit it probably because nigeria is all dey av seen,nigerians are living in d stone age.To show u how bad our situation is:Iran now ravaged by war still has power supply in many areas,Cuba(a communist ghetto like country)still has an excellent medical set up;Libya despite d ravages of bombings& its most recent turmoil still has excellent road networks,etc;so tell me how much worse can it b wen a country has no power supply,no roads,no water,no emergency & evn non emergency response team.If one hundreth of d natural disasters dat strike other countries were to happen here,d country wud probably b wiped off d face of d earth.

Abeg drex go Abroad and leave Nigeria for us... Every Tom, Diick and Harry wey manage touch tourist Visa go start to talk rubbish about Nigeria. angry
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by doctokwus: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

1. I dont think that its advisable for anybody who isnt trained in First aid to tamper with an accident scene like this one.

Secondly.. I know Nigerians.. They will rush to the rescue first. Its only when they see that it is a hopeless situation that they would settle for pictures. Because really, some stories are better seen than imagined.
Thank u jor.Those crucifying pple dat take pics tink d average nigerian is so daft to rush to a accident scene wt bodies still showing signs of life& just abandon dem& go ahead to flip out his/her camera& snap away.Evn wt d ALUU incident,if not for dose videos& pics,u tink d whole nation wud av stood up in one voice to demand justice.Besides pics are important tools in investigation of any incident;if d relevant authorities saddled wt this responsibilty cannot reach there in time or don't av d basic tools to take ordinary pics of accident& criminal scenes,let d average nigerian continue doing it for verification& reference purposes
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by smartg(m): 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
Mmmbut why, b4 we use to hear of armedrubbers killing ppl on the road but these days its accidents that has bn killing people on the roads, 'travellers pray very hard' for a save journe.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by Guapo(m): 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2012
pDude: Only in Nigeria. cry

After some pple will tell me that Nigeria is better than Yankee. undecided

What are those people still doing lying in their own blood? So they have been left there without help sotay pple have taken time to position their cameras phones to snap pix of the bodies. Where are the emergency services who should have swooped in to at least save those they could? embarassed

God will punish anybody who dares open any thread to tell me Nigeria is better than US.

AMEN.

RIP
tell them
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by omicron(m): 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Okija_juju: [b]WARNING TO ALL TRAVELLERS THIS YULETIDE SEASON

There is no such thing as Enber month spirit.. The truth is that Passengers need to live up to their responsibilities to the drivers. This period, there is a lot of traffic and drivers try to make more trips than they would normally do. So what you see is they speed on the roads to shorten the trip time and then they push themselves by making extra trips to make extra money. So where a driver would do two trips in a day, he tries to do 4.. What you end up having is a tired driver that is speeding and making dangerous manuvers on the road. HERE IS MY ADVICE:

1. Please make sure that whoever sits in front with the driver does not sleep. Its this persons duty to monitor the drivers speedometer and also check that the driver isnt sleeping.. I was once in a cab from Port-Harcourt to Calabar where the driver was actually sleeping on the wheels. What I did was tap him to pullover using the excuse that I needed to pee.. We came down and I immediately told the driver that he should take a walk. We rested for 30minutes by the road vefore we began the journey again. Some passengers werent happy, but who cares..

2. Please stay sharp and caution the driver when he starts to speed, make dangerous manuvers, overtaking at bends and starts taking unnecessary risks.. You reserve the exclusive right to scream down the bus. You may look mad, but you will be that Mad person that arrives his/her destination alive and not in a body bag.

3. Avoid travelling by night.. Chances are, your driver has been driving all day and is most likely tired. Coupled with the bad roads and the criminal activities that tend to spike during this season, travelling at night is like playimng russian roullete with your life.

4. Try and speak to your driver prior to the trip to check if he has been sipping some shepe. Should you percieve alcohol on his breath, please do not enter that vehicle. Many drivers take local gins that they say keeps them awake. Please do not enter these buses.

5. USE only trusted Transport companies like ABC Transport, EDO line and the likes that have a safety standard record thats clear for all to see.

6. Do not be in a hurry..... [/b]
Thanks for this piece. This deserves a new thread of it's own.
Re: Bus Crashes In Delta Killing All On-Board (pictures) by freshdew: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
Leadn: God why? It's xmas and people are dying! cry cry cry
your xmas period is a time for business and desperation.A time 4 desperate voilent crimes and all sorts of imorality.It wil be so disapointing 4 u 2 know dat God & Jesus are not involve in this craze and desperation.Business and commerce is the bane of xmas period and de commercial bus drivers are not left out in the craze and desperation to make unprecedented income/profit,and under such circumstances de unexpects(accident/s happen)s.xmas is not of God and christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

225 Hours Of Power Supply In Ten Days! / Man Kills Wife For Sleeping With Native Doctor !! / Top 7 Organisations Nigerians Can't Do Without Bashing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.