Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

9jaolofofo's Interview With Tunde Ednut - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 9jaolofofo's Interview With Tunde Ednut (1712 Views)

Toolz And Tunde Demuren's Traditional Wedding Photos Today / Femi Kuti, Kate Henshaw, Funke Akindele, Others Party With Tunde&Wunmi Obe / Rumor Fix: Toolz Oniru Not In A Relationship With Tunde Demuren Of Eme-details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9jaolofofo's Interview With Tunde Ednut by 9jaolofofo(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
He is definitely not a new figure in the Nigerian entertainment circle.. The comedian turned Music Artiste is already a household name as long as showbiz in Nigeria is concerned..

One funny thing most people don’t know about Tunde Ednut is he actually did Graphic designing alongside comedy back in America before switching to music and returning to Nigeria..

9JAOLOFOFO caught up with him recently and he told us a whole lot of things as regards his career and plans.. Continue Reading…..

• What inspired your switch from ‘Comedy’ to ‘Music’

- I have always wanted to do music. I was a member of the choir when I was younger. I’ve always loved music. My comedy then was always centred around music in Nigeria. I always use to part songs with alto, tenor and all that and then I got encouraged by loads of people for me try out singing and mixing comedy together.
I got back to Nigeria, met Samklef and we cooked up something, I released it, people loved it. I enjoyed the whole process of making music. I started getting loads of fans and I started getting more shows. It was then I said to myself “I think I wanna do music” cos’ it was stress free for me unlike trying to write out new jokes everyday for different shows, different people all the time.

• Tell us about the first time you mounted a stage as a musician.. How was the experience like ?

- I felt funny on stage cos’ I never use to dance whenever I was on stage. I just crack jokes. I was on stage and I was just so shy *laughs* but along the line after the first day, I got so comfortable.

• What genre of music are you into?

- Afro-pop is my thing

• Your best performance so far since you started making music.

- Was the show I did in Abuja. My cloth was ripped apart by the girls and they all sang the song (catching cold remix) word for word. It was the best show ever. They didn’t allow me to sing, they got on stage, collected the mic and were singing to themselves..

• Now let’s go back.. How was growing up like ? Tell us a bit about your background.

- I was born into the family of 5. 3 children. I am the second born, first boy. I was born in Katsina state and then later moved to Lagos. My parent were lecturers in Universities as at then. We were not rich, but we were very very comfortable.

• What’s the craziest rumour you have heard about yourself ?

- That I had sex with some girl that I have never seen in my life. She tweeted it and even put it on her facebook status. What a girl *Laughs*.. That was way back in London before I moved back to Nigeria..

• What are your fans expecting from you soon? New projects, Singles. Videos, Album ?? Tell us.

- I just dropped ‘Buga Won’ Reloaded. A song written by me and produced by Phujja, released in November 2012. I am working on shooting the video right now. Come 2013, I will be releasing my album. I am recording with different Nigerian acts at the moment and an International act also will be featured on my album. So yeah.. stay tuned for 2013. Loads of songs and videos before the release of my album.

• Are you planning another ‘Jingle Bells’ christmas song for this year

- I was planning to release Jingle Bell for this year. We had already recorded, was waiting for the sponsor to pay for the video and all that. So many things delayed and so we had to postpone it till next year when the sponsors are ready. So for now, we just gonna promote the last Jingle Bell since everyone on the Jingle Bell song are still rocking the Nigerian music industry and are all still in demand. So I believe it will work again for this year.

• Nigeria’s music industry.. Share your opinion and views with us.

- It is an industry that has grown over the years. We have improved in skills, videos. We do collabos with top celebrities across the world. Every other country just wants to associate with Nigerian artistes. They wanna hear our sounds. We have taken over afrobeats. We have taken over the various awards. And most of the artistes are getting paid well now. So yeah, the Nigerian music industry has really improved and we are proud. We are recorgnised all over the world.

• Where do you see yourself and brand 5 years from now ?

- I see myself being very big. I said corporate bodies approaching me on and on for endorsements cos’ I’ll always keep pushing and never give up.

• What’s the craziest thing a fan has done to show love and support for your personality ?

- FANS got on stage… tore my suit, trouser and even boxers. The bouncers had to lift me out forcefully from the crowd. I loved the attention though. *Laughs*

• Errr.. *coughs* How do you handle ladies ? Cos as a young celebrity many ll flock around you. ?

- Trust me I handle them well. Thats all I have to say about that….*Laughs*

• Is Tunde Ednut engaged.. ? If yes. Whats her name ?

- No I am not engaged O!

QUICK TRIVIA:

• Your favourite meal ?
– Plantain and Egg

• What’s the most expensive item in your wardrobe & how much? – My ear ring (Just one pair), Price ? *Lip sealed*

• Tell us 1 Funny/Awkward thing about Tunde Ednut that his fans don’t know. – I like to mess and hear the sound of my mess only when I’m alone.

• Your favourite producer ? – Don Jazzy and Phujja (Bomb Shelter Production)

• Your number 1 Music Artiste in Nigeria ? – D’banj & The Mavins

• Major Turn off ? – Body Odour

• Major Turn on ? – Big Ass

• Wizkid or Davido *coughs* ?! – Errrrrrm I can’t answer that o *Laughs*

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/celebrity-focus-9jaolofofo-meets-tunde-ednut-exclusive-interview/

(1) (Reply)

Actresses Kate Henshaw & Chioma Akpotha Without Makeups: Check Them Out / What’s Going On Between Desmond Elliot And Moet Abebe?! | Photo / Yemi Alade Twitter Interview - Farts In Presence Of Boyfriend‏

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.