Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? (2362 Views)

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / What Is Atheism? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Is It Truly Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2012
I am guilty of something at times. I close my ears when christians give some of their religious solutions to certain things since I dont want to hear any preaching.

So, now I want to hear answers from christians or even religious peeps.

[size=28pt]So what do you think is the reason for the growth of atheism in the West? [/size]

Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
Na devil o!
Na so he just dey plant yama yama for their head.
Na why we dey pray holy ghost fire prayer for here.
Anyway, the koko be say we get sense pass them no be small.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
inurmind: Na devil o!
Na so he just dey plant yama yama for their head.
Na why we dey pray holy ghost fire prayer for here.
Anyway, the koko be say we get sense pass them no be small.

lol
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by cyrexx: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2012
Logicboy03: I am guilty of something at times. I close my ears when christians give some of their religious solutions to certain things since I dont want to hear any preaching.

So, now I want to hear answers from christians or even religious peeps.

[size=28pt]So what do you think is the reason for the growth of atheism in the West? [/size]

Surely, it is the sign of the end times. The antichrist is preparing an army of infidels and the atheists are leading the pack of such infidels against their imaginary god. That is why atheists are winning in advanced countries and religion is waxing stronger in less developed countries.

I thought you knew this.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
Improperly packaged evangelism and hypocrisy.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
Reyginus: Improperly packaged evangelism and hypocrisy.

Please, can you explain further?
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Please, can you explain further?
It is very simple.
The life most christains in the west live betrays the christ life. P
You may ask why the lagged ones lagged? The church was neglecting its primary duty and sojourning into material things.
You may also want to know why? The wrong people were at a certain period allow to lead. You may ask why also? That's because we it's not possible for an imperfect people to create a perfect system. The major opinion now becomes, if christainity cannot change you, why me?
Where their is no evangelism, no ground is covered. Where there is, but wrongly carried out, or by the wrong evangelists, the people will have no cause to believe. Evangelism should be more than surface preaching the bible, it should go far as explaining the individuals bits, and confusions which may arise from preaching them.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: It is very simple.
The life most christains in the west live betrays the christ life. P
You may ask why the lagged ones lagged? The church was neglecting its primary duty and sojourning into material things.
You may also want to know why? The wrong people were at a certain period allow to lead. You may ask why also? That's because we it's not possible for an imperfect people to create a perfect system. The major opinion now becomes, if christainity cannot change you, why me?
Where their is no evangelism, no ground is covered. Where there is, but wrongly carried out, or by the wrong evangelists, the people will have no cause to believe. Evangelism should be more than surface preaching the bible, it should go far as explaining the individuals bits, and confusions which may arise from preaching them.

That made no sense whatsoever. Can you be more specific and relate the wets to heavy christianity in naija
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by engrtee(f): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2012
Ateist are growin.satanist are growing. Christians are growing.muslims are growing. Everyreligon is growing

it is due to increase in population
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2012
engrtee: Ateist are growin.satanist are growing. Christians are growing.muslims are growing. Everyreligon is growing

But the statistics show that christianity is in the decline in the west
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

That made no sense whatsoever. Can you be more specific and relate the wets to heavy christianity in naija
We are talking about the west here my friend.
Btw, which part made no sense?
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: We are talking about the wests here my friend.
Btw, which part made no sense?

You said the christians in the West betray Christ's life. Do the incresing number of christinas in Naija follow christ's life?

You claimed that there was no evangelism or wrong evangelism?

Your points need to be more explained
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

I think na only me o.

I wonder where they get their theories from. Very funny people.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by advocate666: 9:23am On Dec 18, 2012
engrtee: Ateist are growin.satanist are growing. Christians are growing.muslims are growing. Everyreligon is growing

No man. The only thing that is growing is fakeism (and my dick). I know many so called christians and muslims who has never entered into a church or mosque in years. And the jews are even worse.
Satanism doesn't care about growth, and atheism is no religion.

1 Like

Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

You said the christians in the West betray Christ's life. Do the incresing number of christinas in Naija follow christ's life?

You claimed that there was no evangelism or wrong evangelism?

Your points need to be more explained
you know what, I don't argue for the fun of it. Your answer lies in answering the question of hypocrisy.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 18, 2012
inurmind:

I think na only me o.

I wonder where they get their theories from. Very funny people.
your point?
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: you know what, I don't argue for the fun of it. Your answer lies in answering the question of hypocrisy.

Lol! Fustration at its peak. U know it would have been more honourable to say u didn't know the answer, although u know its becos the world is only getting smarter.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: your point?

Oh u know my point quite well.wink
Do u know if every ''holy spirit filled'' christian was made to answer logicboy's question it they would all be as different as finger prints.
So much for the holy spirit.

My point is that u are all a bunch of confused and clueless people.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 18, 2012
inurmind:

Oh u know my point quite well.wink
Do u know if every ''holy spirit filled'' christian was made to answer logicboy's question it they would all be as different as finger prints.
So much for the holy spirit.

My point is that u are all a bunch of confused and clueless people.
but it doesn't follow. Do you really know the point you were trying to make?
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 18, 2012
inurmind:

Lol! Fustration at its peak. U know it would have been more honourable to say u didn't know the answer, although u know its becos the world is only getting smarter.
and africa a part of the world is getting dumber? How you think.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: and africa a part of the world is getting dumber? How you think.

What makes u think theism is growing in africa?
I personally think africans are also getting smarter, except at a slower and less conspicuous rate.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: but it doesn't follow. Do you really know the point you were trying to make?

How doesn't it?
Logicboy said ur explanation made no sense, and I agreed with him, also making known what I thought: that u were funny(implying confused and clueless) people.

U told me to explain myself and I did, also bringing out another example to confirm the disorganisation and chaos of ur religion.

I hope u get the point now?
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
inurmind:

What makes u think theism is growing in africa?
I personally think africans are also getting smarter, except at a slower and less conspicuous rate.
It is not a matter of what you think. Africa will always remain spiritual. And for the claim, post 11 you're building from says so.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Reyginus: It is not a matter of what you think. Africa will always remain spiritual. And for the claim, post 11 you're building from says so.

Reyginius, I hope Africa will throw away religious nonsense one day
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Image123(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by moredendisc: 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
[size=16pt]You wouldn't believe it. . .

but atheism is now world's third biggest 'faith' after Christianity and Islam
[/size]

Christianity is the largest faith with 2.2 billion adherents or 31.5 per cent of the world's population

There are about 1.6 billion Muslims around the world - or 23 per cent of the global population

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 17:30, 18 December 2012 | UPDATED: 17:38, 18 December 2012

Atheists now make up the third-largest global group in a new study of the world's faiths - coming after Christians and Muslims but just before Hindus.

The study, based on extensive data for the year 2010, also showed Islam and Hinduism are the faiths most likely to expand in the future while Judaism has the weakest growth prospects.

It showed Christianity is the most evenly spread religion, present in all regions of the world, while Hinduism is the least global with 94 per cent of its population in one country, India.

Number one religion:
Christianity has the largest following around the world with 2.2 billion adherents, according to a new study

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250096/You-wouldn-t-believe-atheism-worlds-biggest-faith-Christianity-Islam.html#ixzz2FQdY0inW

1 Like

Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03:

Reyginius, I hope Africa will throw away religious nonsense one day
As an african you should have known better.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
moredendisc: [size=16pt]You wouldn't believe it. . .

but atheism is now world's third biggest 'faith' after Christianity and Islam
[/size]

Christianity is the largest faith with 2.2 billion adherents or 31.5 per cent of the world's population

There are about 1.6 billion Muslims around the world - or 23 per cent of the global population

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 17:30, 18 December 2012 | UPDATED: 17:38, 18 December 2012

Atheists now make up the third-largest global group in a new study of the world's faiths - coming after Christians and Muslims but just before Hindus.

The study, based on extensive data for the year 2010, also showed Islam and Hinduism are the faiths most likely to expand in the future while Judaism has the weakest growth prospects.

It showed Christianity is the most evenly spread religion, present in all regions of the world, while Hinduism is the least global with 94 per cent of its population in one country, India.

Number one religion:
Christianity has the largest following around the world with 2.2 billion adherents, according to a new study

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250096/You-wouldn-t-believe-atheism-worlds-biggest-faith-Christianity-Islam.html#ixzz2FQdY0inW

thanx for the info
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Image123(m): 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2012
Logicboy03: I am guilty of something at times. I close my ears when christians give some of their solutions to certain things since I dont want to hear any preaching.

So, now I want to hear answers from christians.

Proverbs 18:11 The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
Image123:
Proverbs 18:11 The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.

I am not a christian anymore. I dont speak in tongues, proverbs or parables.

Explain thy comment!
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Image123(m): 6:29am On Dec 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

I am not a christian anymore. I dont speak in tongues, proverbs or parables.

Explain thy comment!
it's written in english? look for a 'friendly' version if this one is not easy enough.
Re: Christian Answers Series 1; Why Is Atheism Growing In The West? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 19, 2012
Image123:
it's written in english? look for a 'friendly' version if this one is not easy enough.

The op is asking a question and you are replying with proverbs. Please, is this bible school or a religious forum?

Apply commonsense abeg!

(1) (2) (Reply)

80% Of Nigerian Pastors Get Their Powers From Occult Sources / Does God Choses Spouse For People / Is It Right For True Christian Ladies To Wear Padded Brazier (bra)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.