Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment (16004 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Toppiano(m): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2012
Good step but not the first step.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by jamace(m): 9:52am On Dec 18, 2012
Other countries recruit men of integrity, Nigerian Police is looking for men of certificates and proven corruption. Na wa o. shocked shocked
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by thelastPope(m): 9:53am On Dec 18, 2012
Tolexander: the problem with nigerian police force is not based only on the the certificates they are holding but the corrupt mentality that has beclouded every one of them in the force including the educated ones.
The bribe, money collected from bail which is meant to be free are shared by both the high certificate and lower certificate holders. Moreover, when the 'wetin u carry' guys go on road block, they always have the share they give to their 'oga' cos it is by their consent.
Tafa balogun is an alumni of unilag http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Adebayo_Balogun, likewise many other high ranked officers and what is the difference? All having skeleton in their cupboards.
So the problem is not base on the certificate but a reformation that will change the corrupt mentality of the NPF

I am sorry, but I completely disagree with you. If you have ever been to the police station for a case, you will know that the higher ranking officers are more considerate and law abiding than the lower ranking officers who are mostly illiterate! This new. Standard will not solve the whole police problem but it surely will go a long way to reduce it! An educated man will alway be more civil than an uneducated or half educated man!

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by RedReact: 10:05am On Dec 18, 2012
thelastPope:

An educated man will alway be more civil than an uneducated or half educated man!
Sir, you have said it all, but you have omitted one thing. It should be "an educated man, passionate about his profession or career ..."
The problem of some sectors in Nigeria is the lack of passion. Our police force, educational system and others are in shambles today cos there is no passion from the players.
The officers that are more civil in their responsibilities are so cos of their passion for their work, and that is why they stand on integrity and rule of law. The question that beckons answer is "how many are passionate about their work?" Even with the so called policy of NPF now, which I regard as not so good, how many passionate people will they recruit into the force?
The so called lecturers that mark their students down at our universities are doing so cos they lack passion for raising future leaders tomorrow.
God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Pidivine: 10:11am On Dec 18, 2012
A third class in any university in the southern part of naija, is equivalent to a 2.1 up there in the north. This they know.

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Tolexander: 10:17am On Dec 18, 2012
thelastPope:

I am sorry, but I completely disagree with you. If you have ever been to the police station for a case, you will know that the higher ranking officers are more considerate and law abiding than the lower ranking officers who are mostly illiterate! This new. Standard will not solve the whole police problem but it surely will go a long way to reduce it! An educated man will alway be more civil than an uneducated or half educated man!
. I undastand u anyway.
U were talking about the manner of approach of the high ranked officers, does that disallowed them from collecting money for bail from arrested man? does that stop them from collecting bribe? Does that make them from being corrupt?
Mind u! This is nigeria where corruption is not a function of aw educated and civil a man is but something running through almost everyones vein.
Moreover most civilized people has the idea to decieve most due to their high level of literacy.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by drnoel: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2012
kulyie: Beautiful development.at least there would be more refined and civil people in the nigerian police force instead of those animals
OK I hear u. So what happens to the animals that are already in there.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Clemzy16(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2012
Nice idea! But what got me cracked up was the polygraph that could determine who is lying amongst them. But how?! Dem neva see chronic liar ni.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Clemzy16(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2012
Nice idea! But what got me cracked up was the polygraph that could determine who is lying amongst them. But how?! Dem neva see chronic liar ni.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by armadeo(m): 10:33am On Dec 18, 2012
A third class graduate was not serious in school period. No excuse whatsoever since the grades are from year 1 to 4 or 5. So for 4 to 5 yrs u played ur butt off then failed.
That being said it doesn't mean a third class graduate is useless as I have seen some who are very capeable.
The NPF is more than degree they need good psychological evaluation were simple answers to questions will tell ur kind of person. The MIB need reforms reorientation and most of all good renumeration and insurance in the case of loss of life in the line of duty. Cos in naija today if funds are released for the upkeep of the family of a deceased policeman some 2yrs down the road we'll hear ?? Billion naira scam.

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by hardbody: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2012
emmysenior: I wonder if these decision makers actually took their time to reassess this so-called preventive and curative measures before implementing it. What makes them think that 3rd class holders are bad eggs? I'd rather, they should focus more on psychological tests on eligible officers... Having a 2nd or 1st classes does not automatically make people good or qualified to apply, what of those that bribed their way(s) through school? Since written test is involed, I'd suggest they should let everybody write. In other words, I don't think that these outlined measures of their's can help cub or sanitize corruption in that department.

Bros no vex, but i just wan ask, na 3rd class you carry come out?

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by armadeo(m): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2012
Pidivine: A third class in any university in the southern part of naija, is equivalent to a 2.1 up there in the north. This they know.

Bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by hardbody: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2012
armadeo: A third class graduate was not serious in school period. No excuse whatsoever since the grades are from year 1 to 4 or 5. So for 4 to 5 yrs u played ur butt off then failed.
That being said it doesn't mean a third class graduate is useless as I have seen some who are very capeable.
The NPF is more than degree they need good psychological evaluation were simple answers to questions will tell ur kind of person. The MIB need reforms reorientation and most of all good renumeration and insurance in the case of loss of life in the line of duty. Cos in naija today if funds are released for the upkeep of the family of a deceased policeman some 2yrs down the road we'll hear ?? Billion naira scam.

AND I agree with you. There was this guy that came out with a third class in my set, as at the last i checked, he was the only guy in our set that has been conferred with a SAN (Senior Advocate of Nigeria) and that is no mean feat by any standard.

However, the guy was also good in his own rights way back then. having said that, scoring below average has always had a way of making people come across as less capable although that may not always be correct.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Pidivine: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2012
armadeo:

Bullshit.
for your information, I'm not a pass neither a 2.2 graduate. What is the rationale of sidelining people with third class. If we allow this, other organisation will adopt this evil scheme and that will not all go well for our educational system. It's a proven fact that a good number of chartered accountants today are people with third class or its equivalent who were given opportunity to start on the same level of exams with their 1, 2.1, and 2.2 colleagues.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by TableLeg(m): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2012
kulyie: Beautiful development.at least there would be more refined and civil people in the nigerian police force instead of those animals
I doubt it .... Civilisation and corruption are two things most Nigerians are still far from, regardless of thier education levels!
Corruption is deep seated and can never be eradicated in Nigeria, at least in this life!
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by taharqa: 11:38am On Dec 18, 2012
samfibby: The same way hey destroyed the fabrics of our nation, they have continued to fabricate policies that rather massages their ego and makes them look like great achievers. We are not fooled by their antics. Somebody tell those senior police officers that educational qualification isn't the bane of the NPF, but self aggrandizing policies like these are responsible for our woes in this country.
Plz what did u just say; as in what is yr point
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by taharqa: 11:39am On Dec 18, 2012
samfibby: The same way hey destroyed the fabrics of our nation, they have continued to fabricate policies that rather massages their ego and makes them look like great achievers. We are not fooled by their antics. Somebody tell those senior police officers that educational qualification isn't the bane of the NPF, but self aggrandizing policies like these are responsible for our woes in this country.
Plz what did u just say; as in what is yr point?...*smh*
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by taharqa: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2012
gibits: The problem in nigeria is too much value on paper qualification and grades.Dats why blocking can never end is schools, most student now hav d orientation of dis grade discrimation after graduation and dats why dey use every arsenal @ their disposal to get good grades. Girls sleep around with lecturers while d guys pay their hard earned money and some even go into crime to earn money to settle such bills. Until we begin to give room for merit n skills this country will never move farward cos i see nigeria as a movie script dat is been acted, to be candid nothing is real in dis country, we,re just faking frm FG to state govt and even LG. I know some friends who are practically sound academically ok but cos dey graduated wit 2:2 dey,re hardly called for interviews. These are guys gave priority to their profession by going outside handouts n txtbooks to make wilder research so as to become a complete engineer n not paper engineers, today dey hav all d skills n experience but cannot find their way into a multinational firm cos dey graduated wit 2:2, and those who made 2:1 who were "crammers'' those days are doing well in various oil and gas firms. God help nigeria!
Great point!

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by taharqa: 11:43am On Dec 18, 2012
jamace: Other countries recruit men of integrity, Nigerian Police is looking for men of certificates and proven corruption. Na wa o. shocked shocked
Shut ya mouth there...read d article well b4 opening ya wide mouth, lol
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by armadeo(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2012
Pidivine: for your information, I'm not a pass neither a 2.2 graduate. What is the rationale of sidelining people with third class. If we allow this, other organisation will adopt this evil scheme and that will not all go well for our educational system. It's a proven fact that a good number of chartered accountants today are people with third class or its equivalent who were given opportunity to start on the same level of exams with their 1, 2.1, and 2.2 colleagues.

My comment is not on the ability of a third class graduate but that of a 3rd class from the south is equal to a 2.2 or 2.1 from the north. I've met peeps in my specialty from northern universities and they earned their degrees. BTW I graduated down south.
Now am not against a third class graduate on any account but I really don't think I would give him and a 2.2 graduate the same chance cos the third class graduate as I said before WASN'T serious in school. So Y now come asd drag with another which showed some semblance of knowing what he was looking for in the university.
Concerning NPF as I said before paper degree is not their issue though as someone posted before and educated man is very much civil than an uneducated one.on that note I'll even go as far as saying anybody taken should be a graduate irrespective of grade cos the individual is still educated. I won't expect a pass graduate to behave like a primary sch cert holder in public.
My 2 naira.

1 Like

Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by andyanders: 11:46am On Dec 18, 2012
Good step.The worst thing the command has been doing was the issue of employing criminals into the police force who do not even know how to write their names. 90% of the recruits before were common criminals that carry gun and turn official armed robbers in uniform harassing innocent citizens and even kill when you fail to give them money. Innocent Nigerians has been murdered with recourse and nothing comes out of it. Let them even start from HND and above so that we can have a police officer when you speak to him reasonable, he can understand your explanation and know the best answer to give you. Those official armed police criminals, who do not speak and understand English language, only know the language -money, can kill at a little provocation.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by ikachi1: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
Good move and good intention of getting a better force and more literates employed. The down side of this is that the better educated, the more sophisticated the crime would be. Look at the kidnapping business, these guys are always step ahead. We thought that SIM registration would be good enough to identify callers but they started using the victim’s phones. They have now devised new method where the kidnappers, the ransom negotiators and the collectors are distributed in three states. Statistics of caught kidnappers shows that over 75% of them are either young university graduates or students in our tertiary institutions. Effect of GOOD Government..... undecided
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by pauloni(m): 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
Disqualification of an SSCE holder is not the issue they have been a lot of SSCE holder dt join the police an and obtain higher qualification but at polytechnic and university level and today some of them are good product of the NPF the commission can embark on reorganised, re-orientation training programme,seminar,and lecture. with a better Salaries and Good insurance policies, Some of the Nigeria police believe that is just a way of making money and fine they way, and some of them are Good the federal government have a lot to do when an arm robber is putting on a bullet prove and A Nigeria police we wearer just a uniform alone. We need to think
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by eugeneric: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
Though corruption isn't about degrees an certificates, bt the truth is that the rank an file of the NPF is populated mostly by nitwits, ex-armed robbers, officers who can't read nor write etc. This approach is definitely over due. Eventhough that will not end corruption, bt I tell u it would reduce incidences of extra-judicial killings by officers, breachin of citizens rights an even better investigation. Been a graduate shapes ones thinkin far better than been an SSCE holder with 3 credits
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by xtivin(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
God 4bid i send my child to school with my hard earned cash...nd e graduates with a thirdclass...i go disown am
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by DrMuzungu(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
So, instead of ordinary uniformed gangsters now we will have educated uniformed gangsters.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by moneyhungry(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2012
armadeo: A third class graduate was not serious in school period. No excuse whatsoever since the grades are from year 1 to 4 or 5. So for 4 to 5 yrs u played ur butt off then failed.
God bless you for your first sentence.
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by kollytin(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
lipsrsealed na wa ooooo No be small thin oooo grin
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by WebsiteDesigner: 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
Tolexander: the problem with nigerian police force is not based only on the the certificates they are holding but the corrupt mentality that has beclouded every one of them in the force including the educated ones.
The bribe, money collected from bail which is meant to be free are shared by both the high certificate and lower certificate holders. Moreover, when the 'wetin u carry' guys go on road block, they always have the share they give to their 'oga' cos it is by their consent.
Tafa balogun is an alumni of unilag http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Adebayo_Balogun, likewise many other high ranked officers and what is the difference? All having skeleton in their cupboards.
So the problem is not base on the certificate but a reformation that will change the corrupt mentality of the NPF
and how do we start d reformation?
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Gamuguma(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
abeg pals wen wil they start the new recruitment o?? Am interested to apply. Any info plz
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Tolexander: 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2012
WebsiteDesigner:
and how do we start d reformation?
Thank you!
Let us agree the topic is implemented, are the ond and 2.2,2.1 or 1 degree holding officers going to be placed on the same salary scale as the ssce and 3rd class degree holders? No, it wont be justified. What they are supposed to do is to provide a salary scale with bumper packages that will fit into their qualifications. And besides, it wont be nice using the high certificate holders for some functions as traffic warden.
I believe there should be a functioning psychological department that will be able to inculcate the mentality into the officers during recruitment that their function is to help and make life easy for the masses and not to disturb them. Making them to realize that service to humanity is what should be their watchword without expecting anything in return except their wages.
A kind of service commission in which any misdeed and irregularites done by the officers can be reported to by the people should be made available in every stations and this will create fear in every officer because they know there will always be a punishment for any of their crimes.
And lastly, the police should be under the control of the states. The trend between the IG and the local police is too long, just like telling the FG to have the control of the LG directly. Order from the IG Will take a longer time before it can take effect when we tried to compare it to the time taken from the state commissioner of police to the local police.
Above all our country should be free of corruption before this reformation can be successful!
Re: Police Disqualify SSCE, Third Class Holders From Recruitment by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2016
The minimum entry requirement is still ssce, or were they smoking weed when they posted this shi 2yrs ago?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Monthly Salary And Allowance | See Naval Officers Ranks / Please Does Anyone Know The Job Details Of O'neal Inc Lagos / Free Dragnet Questions And Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.