Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Use Of Endearments - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Use Of Endearments (1701 Views)

My Bf Left Me Coz He Didnt Have Any Use Of Me Again / Those Keeping Long Nails Tell Me What Is The Use Of Keeping Them / What Else Is The Use Of A Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Of Endearments by LordReed(m): 9:48am On Feb 18, 2008
Hey people answer this one if u please. Would u use endearments such as darling dear n luv for someone u are not dating or even hoping to date? How would u react if ur partner was to use such endearments to someone else?
Re: Use Of Endearments by iice(f): 8:19am On Feb 19, 2008
Yeah i do. . .but it's rare. . .and erhhhh they aren't usually sweet words. . . grin
Re: Use Of Endearments by amsky(m): 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2008
I'd rather not use such terms,especially if these people are strangers. The ones to which such terms are directed,could get a wrong message.It happened to my husband. He had a habit of calling people(ladies) sweetie and all that.A lady in his office took it seriously and started sending him mails that ended with ''your sweetie''. You can now imagine how that ended.

Bottom line-i'll reserve such terms for the ones who are dear to me. kiss
Re: Use Of Endearments by LordReed(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2008
amsky:

Bottom line-i'll reserve such terms for the ones who are dear to me. kiss

Even if the person is male n not related to u?

iice:

Yeah i do. . .but it's rare. . .and erhhhh they aren't usually sweet words. . . grin

Will it still count as an endearment?
Re: Use Of Endearments by jkpretty(f): 3:52pm On Feb 19, 2008
Lord_Reed:

Will it still count as an endearment?
Just wondering same

well --erm iice do u mean like "goaty head dearie"?
Re: Use Of Endearments by iice(f): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2008
LOL grin grin
I don't use endearments on only males. . .
Like a close friend of mine, i call her bruja (witch) grin grin
My ex. . .i used to call kolo (same thing he calls me)
Another friend i call him lambchops grin grin grin
All that baby, sweetie, darhling. . .bland to ma ears
Re: Use Of Endearments by jkpretty(f): 4:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
Okay got it cheesy
Re: Use Of Endearments by LordReed(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2008
Ok I see u rather use creative pet names than the standard fare. Kool. An idea worth emulating. *Thinking of who to call Bruja*
Re: Use Of Endearments by Busta(f): 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2008
@ iice

lol
Re: Use Of Endearments by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2008
i find some naija girls in naija saying things like dearie, hun, etc etc and im like r u serious?

if u not my girl friend plz dont try to be funny with me. infact, i've told my girl friend to call me by name and she no wan hear
Re: Use Of Endearments by ikamefa(f): 3:37am On Feb 20, 2008
its very common here: people call you hun! " grin " some do it just before they rob you blind or beat the shit out of your guts cheesy

some will use it, just trying to be nice to yah!

of course i call him hun, lovey! babes! my heart ! as my mood dictates! grin grin

and if he annoys the crap out of me his name is shit-head! for just a few minutes!

how will i react if he uses such sweet words on others ?

amma do nuttin " grin " as long as i did not catch him doing the dirt! wink why loose ma cool?
Re: Use Of Endearments by Nobody: 3:41am On Feb 20, 2008
@post
i dnt use them as endearment. . . mostly when my temper is flaring, that's when i use them.

ex" sweety, can you plz shut your trap?". . . undecided
Re: Use Of Endearments by LordReed(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
ikamefa:

how will i react if he uses such sweet words on others ?

amma do nuttin " grin " as long as i did not catch him doing the dirt! wink why loose ma cool?

Ok so say u say a text of his where he calls a lady u both know 'dear' how'd u react then?
Re: Use Of Endearments by ikamefa(f): 12:39am On Feb 21, 2008
Lord_Reed:

Ok so say u say a text of his where he calls a lady u both know 'dear' how'd u react then?

nuttin go shele! unless i see him and whoever in a compromising position !

na nuttin for nuttin oh! let him go ahead and call errbody dear or whatever!
Re: Use Of Endearments by TheSly: 12:49am On Feb 21, 2008
nahh!! too cheesy. . . . i wouldn't even use 'em for the peepz im dating. . . undecided
way too cheesy for moi. . . . . . . . cheesy
Re: Use Of Endearments by micklplus(m): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2008
candie pie !
Re: Use Of Endearments by LordReed(m): 8:03am On Feb 21, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

nahh!! too cheesy. . . . i wouldn't even use 'em for the peepz im dating. . . undecided
way too cheesy for moi. . . . . . . . cheesy

So wat do u call em den?
Re: Use Of Endearments by TheSly: 9:10am On Feb 21, 2008

So what do u call em den?

i call 'em with their names or better yet give 'em sum kind@ nick name or just ''babe''. . . . . cool

But for 'em cheesy ''darlin'' ''sweety'' ''honey'' ''sugar'' waeva are way too cheesy and sometimes irritates the heck outt@ me if u use 'em to address me and vice versa . . . cool
Re: Use Of Endearments by jkpretty(f): 10:15am On Feb 21, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

i call 'em with their names or better yet give 'em sum kind@ nick name or just ''babe''. . . . . cool

But for 'em cheesy ''darlin'' ''sweety'' ''honey'' ''sugar'' waeva are way too cheesy and sometimes irritates the heck outt@ me if u use 'em to address me and vice versa . . . cool

That's cos u r a guy, it kinda sound irky to my ears when guys use plenty of such endearments. I see it more like a lady thing.
Re: Use Of Endearments by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2008
I call everyone dear.
Re: Use Of Endearments by TheSly: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2008
says who?

That's because you're a guy, it kind of sound irky to my ears when guys use plenty of such endearments. I see it more like a lady thing.

and how did u confirm this? tongue
Re: Use Of Endearments by jkpretty(f): 12:47pm On Feb 21, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

says who?

and how did u confirm this?

Opps! My bad, forgot u're a girl, ignore my initial response.
Re: Use Of Endearments by TheSly: 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2008

Opps! My bad, forgot u're a girl, ignore my initial response.

Lol. . .jk

i was just draggin your legs. . . . . . . im a cool cool u dig me cheesy
Re: Use Of Endearments by jkpretty(f): 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Lol. . .jk

i was just draggin your legs. . . . . . . im a cool cool u dig me cheesy

I don't dig tongue i get sha
Re: Use Of Endearments by TheSly: 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2008

I don't dig tongue i get sha

Cool . . . . . cool cool
Re: Use Of Endearments by efuah(f): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2008
lol. . . ice, u got me off ma chair. grin

@amsky. . . that's the more reason why i choose to call everyone by their names, except for some special "chosen" ones! For "dear" "darl" hon, all happens online. . . think whatever u want 'cus u can only dream but won't materialise. tongue
Re: Use Of Endearments by talk2sulta: 12:15pm On Feb 22, 2008
@poster
I hardly use endearing words.but I use words like "goat head","ode","kingkong" and all other "hard" words.I can remember the very first day I called my ex "my dear",she was like "do you really mean am dear to you?,you always made me feel my head looks like that of a goat".I mean she was very happy to the extent that she bought me a boxer and singlet that very day. grin grin grin.
Re: Use Of Endearments by LordReed(m): 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2008
talk2sulta:

@poster
I hardly use endearing words.but I use words like "goat head","ode","kingkong" and all other "hard" words.I can remember the very first day I called my ex "my dear",she was like "do you really mean am dear to you?,you always made me feel my head looks like that of a goat".I mean she was very happy to the extent that she bought me a boxer and singlet that very day. grin grin grin.

Hmmm reverse psychology in order to induce intense feeling of pleasure after a sudden reversal of misconstrued aggression, hmmmm very interesting!
Re: Use Of Endearments by talk2sulta: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2008
Lord_Reed:

Hmmm reverse psychology in order to induce intense feeling of pleasure after a sudden reversal of misconstrued aggression, hmmmm very interesting!

the thing is that she is very pretty and she seems to be a narcissist.And whenever we get to quarrel,she threatens me with the very fact that she is very pretty and have many guys flocking round her.and then I wasnt really on much bucks sha so In essence she stuck to me for love,though I still provided for her as she lacked nothing .but you know women my brother ,you cant predict them.so I always felt that complimenting her beauty will add more weapon to her arsenal so i decided to use the opposite which sometimes really deflated her and made her feel she is worth nothing to me.but deep down in me,I knew I loved her.but naturally,am not used to endearing words sha.maybe natural defense mechanism.call it anything you want.
Re: Use Of Endearments by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Feb 26, 2008
I feel u joo! Only say make sure say she know well well say u luv am o!

(1) (Reply)

~Why Do Men Go Crazy Over Women In Red Evening dress~ / Guys In D House Plz Dnt Ever Love A Girl Dey Dnt Need It. / Imagine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.