Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? (9775 Views)

Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2012
It is true that some Muslims will rejoice at the misfortune of non-muslims. This is wrong. A muslim who does that is committing sins.
However the outrage expressed by Christians when some misguided Muslims are alleged to have expressed happiness at the misfortune of others is strange. Christians are indeed worse celebrators of sad events. They even pray for more to occur. Hardly do we find other Christians calling them to order. The few who do will usually declare that "though they hate Muslims...."

Now what is the message to Muslims. We cannot retaliate by wishing them evil

Guidance
Quran 41:34 "And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend"

We note that
Christians abuse Allah and His Messenger (PBUH) all the time. As soon as they do that, they immediately wrap their leaders in the cloak of anointing and warn people not to to speak evil of their pastors.

sojjy: @crackles,don't accuse men of God wrongly.Even if T.B is a fraud,you don't need to judge him as judgement only lies in God hands.I jst pity Yara'adua 4 wat Turai has turned him to.Power drunk turai.

Muslims don't have that double standard. A Muslim should not abuse other religious leaders
Qur'an 6:108 "And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do."

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother." - Bukhari

Now let us look at a few
1. https://www.nairaland.com/1090185/twenty-nigerians-died-saudi-arabia
Muslim Pilgrims die in Makkah. Christian's post (and mockery)

mcsunny03@yahoo.com:

Federal Radio Corporation Of Nigeria(frcn)Reported that:Of ninety five thousand Nigeria pilgrims who went to d holy land in Saudi Arabia to perform d islamic holy rituals,ten thousand persons were deported,eight thousand were diagnonise of various illness and disease while twenty persons were confirm dead.[b]WHAT is happening?do they undergo spiritual and physical torture in holy land?[/b]pls someone shld ansa me.

2 https://www.nairaland.com/1015867/13-die-lightning-strikes-mosque

Muslim Die while Praying in Bangladesh. Christian's posts (and wish for more sad news on Muslims). Some are so vile that they were hidden!

Antivirus: Northern nigeria will be the next turn! Evil people!

Sijo01(f):
Yes, this is just the begining........ The God that answers by lightning, thunder and fire, visit the enemies of this country IJN, Amen.

Pastor AIO:
Shango Vs Allah
Or it it Indra vs Allah

PAGAN 9JA(m):

Pastor AIO: Shango Vs Allah
Or it it Indra vs Allah
True Talk.
Indra/Shango win! grin

amosy007: i just hope and pray their allah in kabaar will grant them alljanah with 72virgins and po0l of beer they always wanted (if there are though)

The hateful comments stopped ONLY when someone reminded them that lightning once struck the statue of Jesus

3. https://www.nairaland.com/1017894/flooding-jos-kills-least-28
Flooding started in the Northern part of Nigeria. Christians post (rejoicing and wish for more)

ZUBY77:
For Gowon - Pharoh, not letting my people biafra go,
Ten plagues will befall them like the Egyptians.
1 - Fulani killers
2 - cold weather
3 - boko haram
4 - floods

Dont cry yet, more six are the way. Until Gowon kneels down and beg the innocent civilians who died because they wanted freedom

brownlord: THE GODS ARE ANGRY AM SURE

16 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2012
As regards Yaradua, the less said the better. A lot of people had prayed for the hastening of his death well before he died
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
When you want to correct your brothers do so without showing them how evil Christians are. Showing them how evil some Christians are just gives legitimacy to their crimes. This thread would have been good but as usual you turned it to a competition between Muslims and Christians. What is wrong is wrong. Period!

16 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tpia1: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
the evil is being equally distributed- nlers in general celebrate others' misfortunes.

its not an exclusively muslim thing.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by nzechu(m): 1:28am On Dec 19, 2012
hey nairalanders let us call a spade a spade. if its true dt some moslems celbrated d death of d Yakowa. then dat is wrong.if some christians celbrated d death of Yar adua then dt is wrong.irespective of motive. stop defending wrongdoins rather let us simply say"it is right or wrong shikena".
and also if christians or moslems still hinge political positions on whether the person is a moslem or a christian instead of character,vision and capabilty to deliver good results then the chances of progress in ds country is very very slim. i rest my case

6 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 1:41am On Dec 19, 2012
andromida: When you want to correct your brothers do so without showing them how evil Christians are. Showing them how evil some Christians are just gives legitimacy to their crimes. This thread would have been good but as usual you turned it to a competition between Muslims and Christians. What is wrong is wrong. Period!
I am not after competition. Just to
1. show Christians who open threads for Muslim bashing that quickly run into pages that they should stop feeling cool about their religion because they "don't do evil things". I want them to wake up and to caution fellow Christians
2. Educate Muslims who might want to lash out, abuse and rejoice at certain events

3 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 1:47am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia1: the evil is being equally distributed- nlers in general celebrate others' misfortunes.

its not an exclusively muslim thing.
Untrue
Your attempt to spin this matter while clear evidence points otherwise goes to cement some unsavoury reputation of Christians

Rejoicing at the misfortune of others is THEOLOGICALLY (at least in Nigeria)a christian thing WITH some muslims unknowingly joining in. Even where muslim so err, they are immediately educated on the correct Islamic position by other muslims

Imams remind muslims to draw lesson from such events. Christians are more likely to cite some verses pronouncing victory by "God that answereth by fire"

4 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Stalwert: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2012
grin nice one again betathins, you seem to be on a winning spree! We know this sort of thread does not make front page! Idiotic forum!

Truly what most NL christian have failed to learn is that, the Islam for muslim section rose out of their intolerance and like you come to notice most atheist behave almost like nl christians, insultive, crude, etc, the same people end up complaining about a trait that is so inherently common to them! I think the fear of God is lacking in many Nigerians and that remains the heart of our problems indeed!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
^^^^^
Oh. this is not about winning. It is just about having a space for muslims to discuss and prevent true position of Islam on issues to muslims and to sincere non-muslims
I don't want anything on the frontpage. You would not get a word in when people start cursing, lambasting etc
You would then lose the real message in that pile of bile
Thanks for the compliments BTW
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Stalwert: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2012
^^^^

I agree it really is not about winning, but one should not deny victory, recognising the coherent and logical nature of your argument!

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Islam was founded on a solid rock of violence.

Part of criteria to be a muslim is to be violent.

Misfortune anywhere anyhow bring great satisfaction to them.

Wow! I need you to teach me about this "Islam" that you know O. The one I know is the opposite.

8 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by nagoma(m): 11:55am On Dec 21, 2012
If indeed anybody celebrated Yakowa's death , the fellow is short sighted , foolish and evil. It will be in the worst of taste to celebrate someone's death.
Having said that you will all know that deaths have been celebrated in nigeria.

1. Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello had their deaths celebrated among certain tribal groups who taunted the northerners by Displaying nzegwu's picture and pointing out to any northerner passing by. " here - see the person who killed your father".
2. Ironsi' s death was also received with pleasure in some quarters.Awolowo's death is still being celebrated by a certain group. The celebration of Ojukwu's death is still at it's peak especially here on Nairaland.
3. Abacha's death was massively celebrated. He was a military dictator but he had family and people who loved him. He was a benefactor to many and from all over the country as well. A well known Nigerian got carried away with excitement and ecstatic screams on the international media asking God the roast Abacha in hell. Needless to say that we mourned the death of this same person only a couple of years after Abacha's funeral.
4. The death of Yar Adua was demanded for and prayed for by a section of our community. When it came there were regional and religious group celebrations.
5. When the Taraba governors air crash was announced many of the ignorant here on NL believed he was a Muslim and promptly rolled out the drums to celebrate. There excitement was cut short when it was confirmed that he was not of the Muslim faith.
So why is this case receiving such exessive attention even if it's true? If it's true why not show pictures in this age of blackberry?

5 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Wow! I need you to teach me about this "Islam" that you know O. The one I know is the opposite.

You are not a real muslim.

Its not about going to mosque to pray alone.

It include going to the extreme to terminate anyone who is not muslim.

I hope you understand better now.

8 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by olapluto(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Islam was founded on a solid rock of violence.

Part of criteria to be a muslim is to be violent.

Misfortune anywhere anyhow bring great satisfaction to them.

You've made your point and exposed your thoughtlessness. Point noted. Waiting for more intelligent admission from sensible posters

5 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Iaz93: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
RUBBISH!!!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by mmmustapha(m): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
When sir Tafawa balewa n sardauna were assassinated ur fathers celebrates, when abacha die U celebrate, when yar'adua die U celebrates, then Y a u so angry if Muslims celebrates christians dead?

3 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
ola_pluto:
You've made your point and exposed your thoughtlessness. Point noted. Waiting for more intelligent admission from sensible posters

Anywhere there is muslim,there are bound to be terrorism.

It goes hand in hand.

10 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

You are a real muslim.

There is little to be understood here, it seems you are just making random comments that make you feel good about yourself.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Deen4me(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
@ BETA THINGS

May Allah Reward you for your efforts

So many of us fail to realize that this constant bickering among various religions will lead us nowhere

Its better to be able to respect and understand what the religion teaches dan assume an opinion from the followers alone

May Allah Continue to Guide us aright
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

There is little to be understood here, it seems you are just making random comments that make you feel good about yourself.

I think so too.
I'm scared of muslim brothers

Are you one of em?

8 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Dygeasy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yall these rantings about religion aren't exactly what we need. The sentimentality against islam in this country is borne out of the fact that the greatest threat to security in this country- bokoharam is an is an islamic sect. True I quite agree with you but many people fail to understand that not all muslims are terrorists and these so called terrorist/bokoharam, we all know from which part of the country they're from. They are mostly violence inclined and short-sighted, always fighting for what they think is the good cause in a wrong way. Seriously, people of other religion, stop these arguments. The bible which you follow says; "do not judge so you won't be judged" or something like that and I think another passage says "remove the speck in your own eyes before removing that in another person's". There is always the bad part to everything so let us all do what we think is right and at the end of it all, we have God up there to judge! Its not really about religion remember that.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by DANILSA(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
nagoma: If indeed anybody celebrated Yakowa's death , the fellow is short sighted , foolish and evil. It will be in the worst of taste to celebrate someone's death.
Having said that you will all know that deaths have been celebrated in nigeria.

1. Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello had their deaths celebrated among certain tribal groups who taunted the northerners by Displaying nzegwu's picture and pointing out to any northerner passing by. " here - see the person who killed your father".
2. Ironsi' s death was also received with pleasure in some quarters.Awolowo's death is still being celebrated by a certain group. The celebration of Ojukwu's death is still at it's peak especially here on Nairaland.
3. Abacha's death was massively celebrated. He was a military dictator but he had family and people who loved him. He was a benefactor to many and from all over the country as well. A well known Nigerian got carried away with excitement and ecstatic screams on the international media asking God the roast Abacha in hell. Needless to say that we mourned the death of this same person only a couple of years after Abacha's funeral.

4. The death of Yar Adua was demanded for and prayed for by a section of our community. When it came there were regional and religious group celebrations.
5. When the Taraba governors air crash was announced many of the ignorant here on NL believed he was a Muslim and promptly rolled out the drums to celebrate. There excitement was cut short when it was confirmed that he was not of the Muslim faith.
So why is this case receiving such exessive attention even if it's true? If it's true why not show pictures in this age of blackberry?
I DID NOT WANT TO COMMENT ON THE USELESS THREAD BASED ON HOW THE OP INTRODUCED THE TOPIC WITH BIAS, BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR POST I HAD NO OPTION THAN TO AGREE WITH YOU CAUSE YOUR COMMENT WAS NEUTRAL AND DEVOID OF TRIBALISM AND ETHNIC BIGOTRY. KUDOS.

1. BALEWA DIED- SOME IGBOS WERE HAPPY
2. OJUKWU DIED- SOME HAUSA AND YORUBAS WERE HAPPY
3. YAR ADUA DIED- SOME NIGER DELTANS WERE HAPPY
4. AWOLOWO DIED- SOME IGBOS AND HAUSAS WERE HAPPY
5. ABACHA DIED- MANY NIGERIANS AND CHRISTIANS WERE HAPPY
6. YAKOWA DIED- SOME MUSLIMS WERE HAPPY
7. IF T.A OJ DIES. SOME ABIANS WILL BE HAPPY
8. OP IF YOU DIE SOME PEOPLE AGAINST THE THREAD WILL BE HAPPY.
ITS JUST A NATURAL PHENOMENA FOR PEOPLE TO REJOICE WHEN THEIR PERCEIVED ENEMIES DIE, ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES IT MIGHT NOT BE NOTICED BUT IT HAPPENS.

4 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Ikoniko(f): 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
the jubiliation of muslim youth in kaduna ova d death of yakowa is a clear indication dat muslim always rejoice @ d misfortune of odas.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by omarky(m): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

You are not a real muslim.

U sucks....
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
Great thread Betathings. Islam is a peaceful religion and it doesn't endorse any type of wickedness. Unfortunately some bad eggs keep making the religion and its adherents look bad.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ikoniko: the jubiliation of muslim youth in kaduna ova d death of yakowa is a clear indication dat muslim always rejoice @ d misfortune of odas.

Muslim are all same all over the world.

Its only riches and wealth that makes some cool. E.G. Muslims in Dubai,Quatar and Saudi.

Its poverty that makes some extremist eg Muslims in Nigeria,Somalia,Yemen and Afganistan.

They all believe in same violence. E.g Conditions meted out to Nigeria women during the last holy trip.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Dawdy(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
All I can say Is that Some christians are hypocrites
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Mavor: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
@OP, stop quoting your book here. Look at the actions of your muslim brothers. period.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
u see problem with muslims... they easily judge everyone... no wonder they kill anything that doesnt belong to islam... did i ever tell u am a christian? for ur information am not a christian and i dont know why u had to take my point just to make point against the christians (typical of muslims)... so please count me out of whatever u are posting okay

besides when did pagan 9ja and zuby77 became Christians ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Comprehensive Note On Janābah Bath / Story Of The Pearl Necklace – By Dr. Saleh As-saleh / Do You Envy People: See How To Deal With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.