Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment (21235 Views)

Actor, Olumidare Bakare, Seeks Financial Help 4 Medical Treatment [bank Details] / Fake Hulk Hogan Storms Lagos, Receives VIP Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by webaplanet(m): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
CHINA - After undergoing a life-saving drug treatment, a 16-year-old girl from China woke up one day to find herself growing thick unsightly hair all over her body, making her look like a man.

According to a report by Xinhua, the girl's name is Nana, and she is from Jinhua, Zhejiang province.

She was diagnosed with a life-threatening form of aplastic anaemia in 2010 - a condition where the bone marrow is not able produce sufficient new cells to replenish blood cells.

According to the National Bone Marrow Donor Programme, people with very severe aplastic anaemia are at risk for life-threatening infections or bleeding.

"The doctor said that the condition was very serious and without treatment, she would die," the girl's mother told Xinhua. Nana could not eat and kept vomiting, worrying her family.

Her doctor quickly put her on a potent course of drug therapy, and two years later, her blood indicators have returned to normal. However, one shocking side-effect from the therapy is that Nana developed a rare condition called hirsutism.

Hirsutism - which is when women grow excessive hair on parts of their body where hair does not normally occur or is minimal - has caused Nana to grow a heavy beard and moustache.

"The doctor said that the medication would have very major side-effects. Within a month of taking the drugs, the hair on her arms and face started to thicken, and she even grew a beard," her mother said.

Blank eyes

When the Xinhua reporter met the girl, she was wearing a gray long-sleeved shirt, black pants and a face mask. She resolutely kept her head down and was reluctant to talk much.

Her strange appearance has caused the once lively girl to become a recluse.

Traumatised by her new appearance, Nana now refuses to leave the house and instead quietly hides in her room alone.

She owns no mirrors, and spends her time reading and doing homework.

According to the report, Nana used to be a daughter other mothers would admire.

Back then, she had fair and clear skin and was an excellent student, her grades having always placed her in the top five in her class.

Now all her mother hopes for is a speedy recovery for her daughter and that Nana will be able to return to school one day.

"Every day she cries, wanting to go to school," her mother said.

No money left for treatment

There are days when Nana will not speak a word, and increasingly, she spends her hours hidden in her room reading books by herself, the report said.

In addition, the family worries that the family savings will run out one day and that there will soon be no money for Nana to continue her treatment.

Her parents have so far spent about 300,000 yuan (S$58,662) on the medical treatment - largely financed by the sale of the family plot of land, which brought in about 100,000 yuan.

Nana's father toils away at odd jobs to earn money to support his family, but they still face the burden of a huge debt to clear and mounting medical expenses.

"The doctor said Nana initially could have been cured within three years. But we have no money, hence we have to keep reducing the amount of drugs administered, prolonging the treatment.

"My girl is not cured, but we have no money to see the doctor. My husband, daughter and I all feel very helpless," she told the reporter.

-YourHealth, AsiaOne

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=43362:girl-turns-hairy-after-medical-treatment&Itemid=4

for more human and odd stories click here .. http://

2 Likes

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by hrmkz: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
She looks handsome!

3 Likes

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by defashan: 4:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
DISSAPPOINTED....MTSCWEEEEEEW..

I THINK SAY NA KAREN IGHO.
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Akshow: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2012
defashan: DISSAPPOINTED....MTSCWEEEEEEW..

I THINK SAY NA KAREN IGHO.
Karen Ke? Wey party and gbedu no de here you no fit see her now. Party monger Karen
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by nairalady(f): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2012
funny grin
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by tellwisdom: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
Na lie angry angry
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Naijapikin1: 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
She certainly looks like “nana bin-laden“.... Hop she recovers and goes bak to sukool.
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by tunapawizzy: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2012
hrmkz: She looks handsome!
so handsome
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Ninilowo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
tellwisdom: Na lie angry angry
GBAM!!

2 Likes

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
End times
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by harlos: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
Lwkmd o.
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by free2ryhme: 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2012
16 year old chinese aba boi win nafadac essay competion now 16 year old girl turns hairy after medication.. what is with these 16 year olds anyway

1 Like

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Etumgbe(m): 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
fine boy. sorry girl
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
Why isn't she shaving it off?
Must she groom it so we can see it?

1 Like

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by alfredo4u(m): 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
The cause of hairy is due to lack of garri in her body system.

1 Like

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
free2ryhme: 16 year old chinese aba boi win nafadac essay competion now 16 year old girl turns hairy after medication.. what is with these 16 year olds anyway
dem be sweet 16 na! you wan try chinko people?
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by yuzedo: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
Oboy!!!! So how "that place" wan come be na?? lipsrsealed Na 4 x 4 caterpillar tractor go fit access am?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Luxiana19(f): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
This is so sad.. I feel for her.., hope things get better quickly..
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Sike(m): 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
She is zexy and she knows it.
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Artistree: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
Can anyone please take a closer look at the AFTER photos?
That sure doesn't look like a female-turn-male!
Thought the OP says she wore a long sleeved shirt and covers herself with a veil, how then did he see this man in this picture?

2 Likes

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by SlyIg(f): 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
alfredo4u: The cause of hairy is due to lack of garri in her body system.
i think so too darling.
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
One of the disadvantages of incompactible genotypes.
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
Artistree: Can anyone please take a closer look at the AFTER photos?
That sure doesn't look like a female-turn-male!
Thought the OP says she wore a long sleeved shirt and covers herself with a veil, how then did he see this man in this picture?
It is obvious that the AFTER 4oto is a guy. Matured guy I mean..
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by AdoreKIZITO(f): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2012
Why didn't u show other parts of her body rather than her face alone?... I am asking u moderator. People can lie to get my precious attention.. Thank God i have started my koboko business, because the kind of flogging people will receive from God very soon, will be so severe. Ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by delors(m): 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
SCAM!!!! The people in the pictures are not the same...trust me, that guy no be girl. Its a substitute picture...@OP U be scammer abeg
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by billionman: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
Nairaland is now a centre for odd and fake news. No problem.
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Goldieluks: 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
Those fingers looks like that of a man. Or did the treatment
also made her to grow masculine features too?
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by dejijohns(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
yuzedo: Oboy!!!! So how "that place" wan come be na?? lipsrsealed Na 4 x 4 caterpillar tractor go fit access am?? undecided
Bros, abeg educate me, na whc place u dey tok abt??:-(

1 Like

Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by excondido(m): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
make she undergo transgender op to become a man
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by Chanchit: 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
If she could just decide to turn to lesbian, she would be a hot cake, by so doing, money for treatment go appear sharpally..
Re: Girl Turns Hairy After Medical Treatment by jumyscrib: 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2012
Which kia lie lie story b dis, no resemblance nw b/w the two pic abeg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Mocks Naira Marley: Those Hailing You Have Now Abandoned You / Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today (photo) / Fela Kuti's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today. See Throwback Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.