Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:37 AM

Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families (16508 Views)

The Remains Of Yakowa Arrives In Kaduna / Last Photos Of Yakowa & Azazi / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nkonadi(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
Barely six hours he was rumoured dead in an Indianhospital, Governor Sullivan Iheanacho Chime of Enugu State has condoled with the governments of Kaduna and Bayelsa states, as well as the relations of the late Governor Patrick Yakowa and General Andrew Azazi (retd) who died in a helicopter crash in Bayelsa on Saturday.

The state Commissioner for Information, Mr. ChuksUgwoke, who relayed Chime’s condolences in a statement yesterday in Enugu said Chime described their untimely death as not only shocking and tragic, but also a monumental loss to the entire country, even as he also mourned the others who perished in the crash. Ugwoke said the “Enugu governor who is still on vacation, extendedhis heart-felt condolences to the families of the deceased, while also praying for the repose of their souls.

The release read in part: “As a peace agent who ensured peaceful co-existence among adherents of different faiths, governor Yakowa served his people with commitment and was an embodiment of humility and selfless service, which brought about huge development in Kaduna State. “On his part too,

Gen. Azazi (retd) was a dutiful and gentleman officer and a statesman who served hispeople and nation with diligence and integrity.” The commissioner had on Saturday night when the rumour of the death of Chime was rife told Daily Sun that he was in touch with the governor, insisting that he was still enjoying his consolidated vacation, which began in mid-September.

Also, a close associate and former senior special adviser to Chime, Ben Alukwu has dismissed reports speculating the death of the governor, describing it as a cheap political propaganda. Contrary to speculations and media reports, Alukwu who was political adviser to the governor said he has been in touch with one of the governor’s aides, Mr. Victor Atuonwu, whom he travelled with; “I spoke with them yesterday (Saturday).

“When I heard the rumour I knew it was masterminded by some politicians, who cannot find their feet in the state, trying to distract us from the good work going on in the state. “As far as I am concerned, there is no truth in the rumour making the rounds; if there is anything like that, I think I should be among the first persons to know.He dismissed the reports as mere rumours being cooked up by detractors; “I strongly tell you thatthe governor is not dead; Sullivan Chime is alive. “Death is a natural phenomenon; it doesn’t separate a man from a woman; everybody must beready to answer the call one day; therefore the news of someone should not be cooked up for whatever reason.

“The governor took permission and travelled; he handed over properly to his deputy, who has been acting and carrying out duties on behalf of the governor. There is no problem in the state; the security situation is wonderful and projects are going on. “The roads are being taken care of in all nooks and crannies of the state; all the contractors are working hard; the deputy governor is holding forth pending his arrival.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/chime-shakes-off-death-rumour-condoles-with-yakowa-azazis-families/
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by garrix8: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2012
Nansense.... Where the f Ʊ c k is he?? Maybe the maggots are feasting on his brains already.....

Till he makes a public appearance, I'll assume that he's dead..

*God I thank You for your favor and blessing. Accept the praise, glory and adoration in Jesus name. It is not easy to achieve this feat*

5 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2012
Vacationing, its shameful that you all go vacationing abroad when Tinapa, Cross River needs the hard currency.

2 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by ITbomb(m): 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2012
Abi no be Press release?
Next we go heard BBC interview that he is well and he is playing golf, then a jet would bring him back at nite.
In a few days time they swear in the Deputy Gov

4 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
Almighty will heal u.

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by k2039: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
He should have done it on a live TV to prove a point, someone obviously stood for him in this case.

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
I laughed really hard. It's kind of de javu la Yar'Adua.

3 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Morgan1092(m): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
How re we sure dat Gov. Chime said dis tins? Cos it was dis same Commissioner of info. dat denied his death on Vanguard news. He may jst come up wit dis sayn dat Chime said. Any way, na dem sabi
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
Dat's sounds good. Who asked him whether projects are going on or not? Another yar'adua scenerio! God forbid though...
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Engineer96(m): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
Na today we dey hear this kind thing?
Na so them tell us about Yaradua.

4 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by jamesbridget13(f): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
Governor come out na lets see u or u one behave like late Umaru when he passed on!!!
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by runskid(m): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
ok
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by honestivo(m): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2012
I pray 4 his recovery is 1 of d best gov

3 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Callotti: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
. . .And the saga continues.
Make we see eim pissshure now?
Why is it soooooooooooo difficult? undecided

[size=20pt]WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO GULLIVAN-SULLIVAN CHIME!!!![/size] grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYg8vDTmkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=yJG6LyvR3PE&NR=1
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by ignis: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
Chime should make a public apperarance, so that people can see him.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Clerverly: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
Remember Late Yardua spoke to BBC in a recorded audio tape grin grin
My brother all na wash tongue

2 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Chime are you alive?

Abeg come and play some squash

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by TableLeg(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Wonderful shocked
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2012
Umaru Sullivan Yaradua Chime

5 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by qualified(f): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2012
Barely six hours - LIE
vacationing - LIE
properly handed over to Deputy - LIE
etc
etc
Mr. Commissioner we have seen d Part 1 of this movie b4, we know d script. We know its a time for crooks to siphon money out of d govt house, no wahala, God dey.
Let him come back, let d whole world see him, abi nah one year vacation he go?

2 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by lukaino(m): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2012
i'm surprised that we're wishing him quick recovery wen he has not agreed he's sick. Whats d secrecy for? 2months + vac?

4 Likes

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
See what excess flexing has done to my governor
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Joe50(m): 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
i just pray may e no b like late yardua case...
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by tessyade: 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
runskid: ok
You quote the entire story just to write a two letter word, kai nairalanders can be very funny!@ topic, i wish him quick recovery if this story is true anyway.
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
consolidated vacation? abeg make una tell that yeye commissioner say im no sabi lie at all! consolidated vacation ko! liquidated holiday ni! mtscheeeew!
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
dayokanu: Umaru Sullivan Yaradua Chime

U mean "umoru"

qualified: Barely six hours - LIE
vacationing - LIE
properly handed over to Deputy - LIE
etc
etc
Mr. Commissioner we have seen d Part 1 of this movie b4, we know d script. We know its a time for crooks to siphon money out of d govt house, no wahala, God dey.
Let him come back, let d whole world see jim, abi nah one year vacation he go?

Guvnor has to sign supplementary budget na

dayokanu: Umaru Sullivan Yaradua Chime

U mean "umoru"
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by nduchucks: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2012
Chima dey kampe and he and his peeps are watching you mice like the cat below, he will surprise you people soon enough. Get well sir and thanks for the condolences.

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
This is the confirmation of his death na
What else are we waiting for
Have we forgotten how the corpse of Yaradua inside a fridge congratulated the Green Eagles,signed budget and was playing Ludo and drinking kunu in Aso rock with grand kids
Then next thing was funeral
They are just buying time to gather the necessary state money and upcoming allocation for the final exit

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Mmiriariugwu: 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
sincerely i do not seem to undastand this drama anymore.nothing convinces me in what d commissioner has said,what stops d govenor from making this statement on his own if actualy he is ok at least it will go a long way in settling the dust this rumour has raised.Pls God, i just pray that becomes a rumour and false afterall because we cannot afford to loose tgs Godsent of a governor! not now please.Oga commissionner please you should make this more intelligent and convincing this is not convincing to the average mind now

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2012
THIS STORY IS VERY 'TUPACISH'. NEXT WE'LL HEAR THAT HE IS IN CUBA..... OR HE WILL RELEASE ALBUM. TUPAC AMODU CHIME SHAKUR

1 Like

Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
ndu_chucks: Chima dey kampe and he and his peeps are watching you mice like the cat below, he will surprise you people soon enough. Get well sir and thanks for the condolences.

KEEP WATCHING WITH YOUR $TUPID PU$$YCAT
Re: Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families by kalufelix(m): 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2012
na wash!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buratai Warns Commanders Against Fleeing From Terrorists / Why Buhari Does Not Write Letters – Fashola / Governor Bagudu Of Kebbi Deworming A Child (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.