Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos (10591 Views)

How To Get The Right Image For a Blog / How To Start A Blog: Choosing The Right Topic/niche. / Instagram Denies Selling Your Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
Ever since that IPO, Facebook's Management turned out to be very greedy, putting the money first.

WTF.

I'll have to review some of these things. Don't want my photos showing up on some magazine/newspaper for God's sake. angry angry angry
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Slyr0x: 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
HQ: Ever since that IPO, Facebook's Management turned out to be very greedy, putting the money first.

WTF.

I'll have to review some of these things. Don't want my photos showing up on some magazine/newspaper for God's sake. angry angry angry

How to back up your Instagram photos and delete your account

1 Like

Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Tolexander: 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2012
k o! as them wise for husband house, na so them wise for concubine house.
Then i will remove my pics from facebook replacing them with my dog's pictures. If instangram like make dm sell my dogs pic, na dm sabi, the inocent dog no kuku sabi anything and besides, my dog don turn celebrity be that.
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2012
fittty: Who is instagram? undecided
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2012
Slyr0x:

How to back up your Instagram photos and delete your account

Gracias. That will be helpful.

Wouldn't want that pic where I ... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed to be sold to some random entity. cheesy
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by GooseBaba: 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
People want free stuff ... No body wan pay..this is a business! What do you expect? They have to generate revenue...
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
All the girls that like to open their breasts and do duckface on facebook and instagram, e go be for you. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Wait. . .there are still FB users out there?!! shocked shocked

Whoa! This must be how anthropologists feel when they meet someone from a civilization they thought was extinct.

Hello. . .How. . .do. . .You. . .do. . .?

My. . .name. . .is. . .Sisi. . . what. . .is . . .yours?!!

I come in peace.
damn! You got me rolling on the floor here.fb is the in-thing around here..
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
pDude: All the girls that like to open their breasts and do duckface on facebook and instagram, e go be for you. cheesy

grin

You know, I think I'm gonna start a magazine "Eye Candy". Shouldn't be too difficult to get buy content. . .
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by sylve11: 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2012
http: am not only deleting my account on Instagram, am getting out of Facebook, its high time am back to my senses >:

U dey fear? Instagram also stated in her new policy that ugly faces shall not be shared. . .cause most of her clients are scared of faces like urs. So why worry? Let me rephrase yans of Big Brother Africa ''http, u r safe''. cool

Ehm, ehm, na joke I dey o grin cool
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
cant remember the last time i visited facebook.who gives a fucck anyway? make dem kuku carry my facebook account join.nansense!
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2012
Even if they want to invade anyone's privacy it ain't a bunch of Nigerians with very little economic value. Them never sell celebrity picture finish e com remain us
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by ziregbemoses: 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2012
Fact is that the owner of Facebook & instagram Mark Zuckerberg is a businessman and tell me how you expect someone to invest $1B and not make the business turn profitable. Google makes m0ney from sellÍng adspace, Facebook does the same, Instagram can now sell your photo. I guess twitter is next, either it will start selling adspace or sell the service to a bigger company like Google or facebook. This people are typical business owners.
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by chukwudi01: 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
Aphrygian: Any law student or law practitaitioner in d house?pls is this possible?.if yes pls enlighten me o.
It doesn't take a lawyer to understand. You agree to their terms when you use their service. If this news bothers you, the simple solution is to not use their product. wink

This applies to 99% of the people here. Nobody is going to want to buy your shitty Instagram photos anyways. grin
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by tpia1: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
What's instagram?

I've been seeing something called that but still not sure what its supposed to be.

Who are they selling the photos to?

China?
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by 80million1: 11:57pm On Dec 18, 2012
*speechless*

I don't even have a Photo with them, so Mr OP, Instagram no fit sell my own photo
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 19, 2012
Whoever took the picture owns the picture and all rights to it. Simply because you post a picture on a website doesnt mean that the website can sell your picture, but I bet they call it "content" and all content published is there to do what they want with.
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by donfidel(m): 1:02am On Dec 19, 2012
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by UNLEASHED(m): 1:09am On Dec 19, 2012
la furia: if the photos are sold, will the owner get any money from the sales? if no, time to for people to copyright their pics and sue instagram like apple does to samsung..............

That wasn't written in Spanish
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by UNLEASHED(m): 1:14am On Dec 19, 2012
Tusky44: Even if they want to invade anyone's privacy it ain't a bunch of Nigerians with very little economic value. Them never sell celebrity picture finish e com remain us

Any picture can sell

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by queensmith: 1:36am On Dec 19, 2012
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by yamakuza: 2:16am On Dec 19, 2012
tpia1: What's instagram?

I've been seeing something called that but still not sure what its supposed to be.

Who are they selling the photos to?

China?

www.instagram.com

its like an online album (eg flickr, picasa, etc) that you can share with your friends (social: the difference)

it was recently acquired by facebook (cos of the social aspect maybe, or cos they were scared it would overtake fbk's photosharing features)

basically, with the app on your phone/pc, you can take pictures of events, road trips, etc and share it with your friends or the whole world (kinda like a photoblog)

imagine you went on a road trip and happened to catch a live volcano for example, or the assassination of Bleep. Instagram has the right to sell the pix to say, CNN once you upload it there.
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by moonraker(m): 4:15am On Dec 19, 2012
Good News is that i dont use that shit!!!! cheesy cheesy

Bad news is that i pity the peeps who use it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Bawss1(m): 5:09am On Dec 19, 2012
Now even the folks who couldn't afford to get REAL smartphones that support Instagram will join in condeming this development grin
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 19, 2012
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by chidex15(m): 6:47am On Dec 19, 2012
Abeg make dem sell mine, no problem.. At least i go dey popular pass MTN(everywhere u go)
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Crankshaft: 7:05am On Dec 19, 2012
Instagram has moved to deny that it has changed its privacy policy to give it the right to sell users' photos to advertisers without notification.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20777616?SThisFB&fb_source=timeline&ref=profile&refid=17
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by pendusky(m): 7:06am On Dec 19, 2012
wheres Mark Zuckerberg? is it true?
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by pendusky(m): 7:07am On Dec 19, 2012
chidex15: Abeg make dem sell mine, no problem.. At least i go dey popular pass MTN(everywhere u go)
No they dont need Azontos! Lol
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by 401kk: 7:11am On Dec 19, 2012
They shut themselves in the foot.
Re: Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos by Sexxydivaa: 7:16am On Dec 19, 2012
even worwor peeps dey rage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Using An Online Payment Gateway / Please Help With This Flow Chart Problem. / 15 Years Of Google At A Glance!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.