Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Instagram Denies Selling Your Photos - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Instagram Denies Selling Your Photos (520 Views)

3 Ways To Blog Without Selling Your Soul / Instagram Now Has The Right To Sell Your Photos / Be A Wordpress Theme Developer And Make Money By Selling Your Themes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Denies Selling Your Photos by Siga: 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2012
Instagram is in full damage control mode ... with company's co-founder firing off an emergency statement SWEARING the company has no plans to sell its user's photos.

The statement is a desperate attempt to quell concerns after the company released a new terms of service agreement to users yesterday which says "a business or other entity may pay us to display your username, likeness, photos (along with any associated metadata), and/or actions you take, in connection with paid or sponsored content or promotions, without any compensation to you."

After several famous and non-famous users vowed to stop using Instagram, co-founder Kevin Systrom released a statement saying, "It is our mistake that this language is confusing. To be clear: it is not our intention to sell your photos."

Systrom continues, "[The new terms of service] was interpreted by many that we were going to sell your photos to others without any compensation. This is not true."

He adds, "Instagram users own their content and Instagram does not claim any ownership rights over your photos. Nothing about this has changed. We respect that there are creative artists and hobbyists alike that pour their heart into creating beautiful photos, and we respect that your photos are your photos. Period."

"I always want you to feel comfortable sharing your photos on Instagram and we will always work hard to foster and respect our community and go out of our way to support its rights."

Systrom says more updates will be coming soon.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/18/instagram-sorry-were-not-selling-your-photos-kevin-systrom/#ixzz2FRkDNM8L

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed: Shortcode Provider For Serious Business / How can i Make My Blog To Be Mobile Friendly Wit Also My Ad On It @ / Creative Web Designing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.