Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students (23366 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
lexxyboz: Nairaland founder was my room mate in part 2. Faj annex . Seun Osewa . Very very brilliant chap . 1st class material per excellent. You read his jottings and u sure of A big C in your course.

Whats your name? You mean you were in room 276? Was Ikenna in your room or Lana or Tunji?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by wkid(m): 9:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
lexxyboz: Nairaland founder was my room mate in part 2. Faj annex . Seun Osewa . Very very brilliant chap . 1st class material per excellent. You read his jottings and u sure of A big C in your course.

He was also a student of electronic & electrical engineering. 1 of our lecturers(Mr Inyang) talked bout him during a lecture recently.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Donkunze: 10:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
nass07: Universty of Ilorin dn't dish out first class in this magnitude. You sweat a great deal to achieve it. Well, I dnt know much about OAU's 78 first class graduates- may be people should comment on this first before I say further!
true talk ma guy...GREATEST UNILORITE!
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Vincent41(m): 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2012
godstino: Thatz goodnews..OBA AWON 4 LIFE.

no first class person for imo state versity for de last 10 yrs...lol

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by 7thCANON: 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
Congratulation to the graduants. Don't know if anyone has ever wondered why Federal Universities in South East and South South (UNIBEN, UNIPORT, FUTO, UNN, UNIUYO, UNICAL etc )hardly have large number of first class graduants (in some cases they have none) in a convocation despite the states hostingthese institutions being educationally advanced. Is it that the students can't study to make first class or the lecturers are sadists.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by sagbar(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
Even though i had solid orientation before my admission to ife,i still find it very tough academically! See,d problem is dat d skol is jst a battle ground for 'bad guys'(genius of all kinds)...am currently a part 4 student of elect elect,take it or leave it,all my coursemates are brilliant and yet we have all grades ranging frm first to pass.I even thought i was a dullard nt of a recent dat i command respect from my co-IT students frm other universities...lol,all thinking am a brainy but honestly i have been able to bench them all in terms of putting theory to solve real practicals,my approach to work,explanations etc is making me first!
Shakur and calvin finished wit d highest cgpa of 4.92 from my dept...oh! Dis guys are jst too much,full of brain,even though shakur was leading up till part 4 b4 calvin shot frm behind,they call their set 'class of positive genius' prof osas openly declared they produced 19 first class from this set,a rare feat!
Yes,seun osewa is a product and much reference about him from mr iyang and even osas himself,i remember Iyang told us how d profs begged him to continue bt jst have to go for his desires,very brilliant and humble was osewa then in ife.
Yes oo,'sadist lecturers' wont jst let u smile in ife...osas,soji ilori(d guy dat use to teach abstract solid state electronics,even use MIT tools to teach us,yet he knws dis abstract himself),Dr Ayodele(kayzer,control man),etc.
See,everyting still bent on d approach dat ife grooms genius and there's no way these lecturers twist their questions,these 'bad guys' will still humble them! Bt they fail to understand fingers nt equal and that peoples intelligentia is phased

2 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by lambalamb(m): 11:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
Donkunze: true talk ma guy...GREATEST UNILORITE!

Probitas doctrina....Na soooo oh! My brother, the people that had first class in my dept na die hard oh!, they were all book freak and crazy genius. some how i salute the great ife cause av met them in a competition before, I mean NAMCUS 2012, those guys were really good.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by chessguru1(m): 11:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
7thCANON: Congratulation to the graduants. Don't know if anyone has ever wondered why Federal Universities in South East and South South (UNIBEN, UNIPORT, FUTO, UNN, UNIUYO, UNICAL etc )hardly have large number of first class graduants (in some cases they have none) in a convocation despite the states hostingthese institutions being educationally advanced. Is it that the students can't study to make first class or the lecturers are sadists.
I finished from uniport, nd all I can tell u is that the system is structured in such way that for u 2 be a 1st class product in uniport, then ur part human part some tin else.
I say its d system, because the maximum 1st class uniport can ever allow @ a time can't b more than 5 (in my 5 yrs there, I don't remember more than dat number in any year).
If not for God that touched their hearts recently, even 2-1 in uniport used 2 be hell!!!
But luckly some major changes where done 2 make it easier 4 students
For example, it was only until 2yrs ago that waving of course was introduced, nd some other things.
I believe this is d major factor why schs in d west produce so many 1st class. Their system permits, or even promotes it.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Ojugunrege(f): 12:06am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

I be Chemical Engineer oo

My department has always produced the best graduating students in OAU

From Prof Ohanomah, to Simeon Adeponle to Ahmed Shittu to Deju Akere, to Tope Ajetunmobi

Brosye, c as u dey drop pple name for NL...i wonder if these pips r on NL
im so nostalgic @ d moment....iwe lemi kii se die ni OAU....lol...thankfully, it pd off grin
Gr8 ife 4 life!
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Ojugunrege(f): 12:15am On Dec 20, 2012
Sleek05: The only thing I got from this thread was how jarus was so quick to say 'one too' as regards being a FirstClass grad. Was dat rly necessary?
Lol....but Ma'am..do u rily mind?
Bliv me...its just d feeling.... wink

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by AK481(m): 12:23am On Dec 20, 2012
Arsenate: One of my colleagues is an OAU first class graduate. The guy is really good and we, in fact, nicknamed him "the encyclopedia". He was recently at the who wants to be a millionaire where he won 2 mill. He is, indeed, a good ambassador of that school.

A guy that graduated from the department of geography in unn with 2-2 won 10 milla.

Another guy that made 2-2 dat didn't even make batch A from mcb in unn won 5 milla.

So,what's your point?

4 Likes

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Dstar4u(m): 12:25am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

From Prof Ohanomah, to Simeon Adeponle to Ahmed Shittu to Deju Akere, to Tope Ajetunmobi
please, when did this Tope Ajetunmobi graduate? And do you know much about him? Thanks

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by patrickmuf(m): 1:13am On Dec 20, 2012
7thCANON: Congratulation to the graduants. Don't know if anyone has ever wondered why Federal Universities in South East and South South (UNIBEN, UNIPORT, FUTO, UNN, UNIUYO, UNICAL etc )hardly have large number of first class graduants (in some cases they have none) in a convocation despite the states hostingthese institutions being educationally advanced. Is it that the students can't study to make first class or the lecturers are sadists.
hehehe unical na no go area, I know wetin i pass 2ru 4 dat skul, anyway i am serving @ife-north now and i hope to continue my studies @OAU
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by omenziate(m): 2:08am On Dec 20, 2012
Choi, so dis my yeye Elect friend commot wit First class, na to go him house go drink beer on top him head, Layeni for don tidy Maths people. 1st class for OAU no b beans o, very irksome work. Upon as man try reach, Bablo still slice person GP. Notin spoil sha, congrats to the graduants, keep the dogged Oau spirit, cuz life outside is tougher. There is only one Great Ife in the Universe, anoda great ife is a counterfeit. Great Great Great Great Greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by wkid(m): 2:34am On Dec 20, 2012
sagbar: ...am currently a part 4 student of elect elect

Chill o! Are u saying we are class mates. My real surname is Agoro. What is urs?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by BestmanNnamdi(m): 2:36am On Dec 20, 2012
Leqsy: Well oau is kk now and 78 1st class ain't a big number in a university dt graduated klose 2 5000 students...@OPs sayin rubbish....dat is normal
25 wat? Pls its 4306 if i'm not mistaking! Do use ur calc wella!
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by wkid(m): 2:40am On Dec 20, 2012
Bestman Nnamdi: 25 wat? Pls its 4306 if i'm not mistaking! Do use ur calc wella!

He said close to '5000' students not 25,000.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by lexxyboz: 3:21am On Dec 20, 2012
Alex, is my name.
Lana,tunji,wale and Akin are my room mates. Adaji and major of chemical dept are my next door room mates,

Whats your name? You mean you were in room 276? Was Ikenna
in your room or Lana or Tunji?
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by dayokanu(m): 3:27am On Dec 20, 2012
lexxyboz: Alex, is my name.
Lana,tunji,wale and Akin are my room mates. Adaji and major of chemical dept are my next door room mates,

Whats your name? You mean you were in room 276? Was Ikenna
in your room or Lana or Tunji?

Alex I sabi you now, Dark and slim.

I wasnt in 276 but I come to visit a lot. Lana and Tunji were Seuns bunkmates

You wey dey Civil. Didnt you live in Awo annex in your final yr. I know Akin and Wale were in Awo annexx in their final year

I met with Adaji in Houston last May for OTC conference
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by obyrich(m): 4:25am On Dec 20, 2012
abdulkayus:

so dayokanu, u are an enginner also and OAU product? Some1 will [b]THOUGHT u read Pol science cos of d way u argue in Politics section.

Am also an engineer(Computer) bt grad frm BUK.
Guy did you get an F in ENGLISH? Na wa for this kind computer engineer.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Solozzo(m): 6:10am On Dec 20, 2012
Youngzedd:

Excess power, anty dey vex for her side, just chill oooh.

But you nearly slap the guy.

Looks like OAU lecturers are tyrannical
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Idacrux: 6:56am On Dec 20, 2012
pato station: My Alma Mater does not award first class degrees anyhow. In my year of graduation, there were less than 10 first class graduates. It is a legacy I am very proud of though sometimes we are at a disadvantage in the job market and national ranking. In my office I find so many 2.1 and 2.2 graduates who run to me to help them draft one letter or the other because they simply cannot write a common memo. But I have a 2.2! It baffles me how schools are dishing out academic and honorary degrees. It does not help Nigeria. All things said, I must acknowledge my respect for OAU. I am a Great Lion.
I hail d spirit of a great lions.....Rooar with pride!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by samguru(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2012
wow 78 first class graduates at this time when the standard of education is falling freely,could it be that The school authority has compromised standard to accommodate more graduates in the first class category or OAU is not a subset of the Nigerian Educational system.
They better call a spade a spade before Nigerian Employers raise the minimum job qualification to another level.
However,i congratulate all the first class graduates because for you to be bagged first class there must be something upstairs irrespective of your school
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by emmygod: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2012
I never believe in all this grading nonsense. yourobas know how to prank on education. let have a professional body that determines this. let conducts exams for this first class students and wait to see the outcome. I know how we struggled from Amed bello uni zaria and standard they operate yet they graduate few first class students. Nsukka graduates few first class students. my questions are why yaribas? let there be open exams for nigerian universiry to compete before this grading effect. tribal sentiments and corruptions still pervade our educational system.

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2012
Dstar4u: please, when did this Tope Ajetunmobi graduate? And do you know much about him? Thanks
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by STENACO: 8:19am On Dec 20, 2012
The school must be mad. How come that rate of first class in one batch of graduation. Which way Nigeria.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by wkid(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2012
emmygod: I never believe in all this grading nonsense. yourobas know how to prank on education. let have a professional body that determines this. let conducts exams for this first class students and wait to see the outcome. I know how we struggled from Amed bello uni zaria and standard they operate yet they graduate few first class students. Nsukka graduates few first class students. my questions are why yaribas? let there be open exams for nigerian universiry to compete before this grading effect. tribal sentiments and corruptions still pervade our educational system.

A 1st class material like u can't even spell a simple word like "yoruba" well. If western universities are flawed why is it that UI, UNILAG, OAU are rated as d best in Nigeria?
Why do they fare better than others in competitions?

1 Like

Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by godstino(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2012
STENACO: The school must be mad. How come that rate of first class in one batch of graduation. Which way Nigeria.
U R D BIGGEST AWARENESS-SEEKING MAD MAN I AV EVER SEEN..imagin u calling an institution mad cos u cant make a first class and therefore resolved it is impossible to attain..
#FOOL.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by secreyor: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2012
Great news!...But i'm quit convinced dat SE unis are sadistic to a great extent cos my brother who left UNN was on a 1st class cgpa until final yr when dey realised dey where not gonna grad 6 first class students...dem just nack my bros one sharp D,he fell to 4.47 along with 3 others.Me i dey final yr 4 FUTO and God knows i've gone thru hell to have complete results,let alone maintain my 2.1.the school always find a way to Bleep u up...but there are still some BADT GUYS.
Re: OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students by IBROHIM: 9:31am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

My bros so u know prof Ohanoma, that chemical engineer turn maths wizard. The man is highly blessed. Simple life, simple man! He's my role model.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre / Idogho's Picture Used For Obituary-Protest In AuchiPoly / 15 Types Of Students You'll Find In Your Department.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.