Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:43 PM

Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 (20139 Views)

What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? / Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize / Shocking Predictions By Primate Elijah Ayodele For 2012/2013... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 20, 2012
What has Achebe done for Igbo people??

Please, I need a list..

Cheers.. wink
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 20, 2012
Aigbofa: You are going on as if Yoruba wants to be in a southern Nigeria with you. Am sure if that were to ever happen there will be an iron clad secession clause that will guarantee we ditch your arse as soon as you start any nonsense.

Eziokwu

And yet when we wanted to leave you fought tooth and nail that we stayed
That is why I say you are snakes
Snakes that will collect money and sell Abiola to be killed

4 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:11am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

Eziokwu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the irony is mind-boggling really.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 20, 2012
hypeman: What has Achebe done for Igbo people??

Please, I need a list..

Cheers.. wink

^^^^I need an answer...
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

That is what they do best
It hurts them that Chinua is Igbo
Yorubas and rabid tribalism,two peas in a pod
Of all the tribes in Nigeria,Yoruba is the least I would want my child to marry
The tribalism and hatred in their hearts run deep,almost like a curse deeper than the grooves on their faces
I would gladly give her to an Efik,Ibibio,Annang,Ijaw,Ikwerre,Isoko,Urhobo,Tiv,Idoma,the minority tribes of the north ,Yoruba is last
I would even I refer she married Ghanaian or Togolese than Yoruba
I say so because Tunde my son inlaw may be nice,but he is in the midst of Ade,Gbolahan,Gbenga and many that think like the posters I read here
I would never want that for my child.
Have you ever asked yourself why Yorubas have no problems with Efik, Ibibio, Annang,Ikwerre and all the other tribes you mentioned? Am not even sure they have any problem with Ibos, but it seems ibos cannot help creating enemies for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:17am On Dec 20, 2012
Aigbofa: Have you ever asked yourself why Yorubas have no problems with Efik, Ibibio, Annang,Ikwerre and all the other tribes you mentioned? Am not even sure they have any problem with Ibos, but it seems ibos cannot help creating enemies for themselves.
are you sure bout that.you might need to come down to the niger-delta and sample opinions.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 20, 2012
I guess no Igbo poster on this thread can answer the question, yet you lot keep parroting nonsense about the man's alleged "iconic" status...

If he hasn't done anything for you lot other than hide in America and spread hatred, bitterness, and divisive fictional jejune nonsense - why are you lot hell bent on shoving his achievements, or lack thereof down everyone's throat?? undecided undecided

He has done well for himself and his family - good luck to him for that undecided undecided
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 20, 2012
phantom:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the irony is mind-boggling really.

Very small minded tribalist beings
An Igbo man will speak Igbo and also speak Yoruba like aYoruba man
A Bini man will speak Bini and speak Yoruba
Many didn't know Jegede Shokoya of masquerade was a full blooded Mbaise man
An Igbo musician will sing in Igbo and in Yoruba
Come to Igbo parties here,they will play Bracket and Dbanj,P Square ,Duncan mighty and Davido plus Osadebe and co
As someone who enjoys parties I hate Yoruba parties,except for the good jollof rice grin grin
They will not play anything but gba gba gba gba music
They won't even play Dbanj
It will be the real interior interior local Yoruba juju and babalawo music that only Yorubas can dance angry
Very tribalistic people that refuse to broaden their little minds
They won't even learn about other tribes in their same country but come on the Internet and parrot handed down fables

4 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 20, 2012
I'm out, yo...

Igbos, choose your heroes wisely... wink cool
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:23am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

Eziokwu

Maybe because you traitors decided to attack Yorubaland and needed to be taught a lesson by Benjamin Adekunle
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:25am On Dec 20, 2012
went for a professional exam in ibadan a while back and all the examiners in the hall were yoruba save for one new examiner from rivers state.it was shocking that these people carried on speaking yoruba in front of this lady it was so embarrassing.The poor lady was uncomfortable because it appeared nobody was willing to put her through.
they didnt have the courtesy to resort to english at least because of the alien in their midst.they just didnt give a rats a.rse... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SMH

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by babapupa: 12:26am On Dec 20, 2012

Please, I need a list..

Cheers.. wink

If ashebe show face in igboland today, the same ibo people will kidnap his old asszz steady steady.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:27am On Dec 20, 2012
babapupa:

If ashebe show face in igboland today, the same ibo people will kidnap his old asszz steady steady.

Ask Okonjos mother another octogenarian Thank God she wasn't raapped like they do to Grandmother in Enugu
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by babapupa: 12:30am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

Eziokwu

Your grandfather zik joined us together just to do boy boy for hausa man and your uncle agui ironsi rejoined us together with his unification decree that abolished regional administrations.

Learn your history ....

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:31am On Dec 20, 2012
achebe has done nothing for igbo people but i bet when foreigners go like "o yeah your nigerian?thats where chinua achebe's from right?",una go dey smile sheepishly.none of you yorubas based abroad would have the guts to paint the man in bad light abroad because you know it probably will make you guys look like fools.... grin grin grin grin grin.
then someone logs unto nairaland 5mins later to ask a silly question.... grin

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 20, 2012
Aigbofa: Have you ever asked yourself why Yorubas have no problems with Efik, Ibibio, Annang,Ikwerre and all the other tribes you mentioned? Am not even sure they have any problem with Ibos, but it seems ibos cannot help creating enemies for themselves.

First of all many of you can't even tell who is who
In your little minds many of the people you mentioned are Omo hibos because you refuse to educate yourselves
Secondly an Annang man is not a competition to you
You outnumber them a great deal
I have never read you folks in your usual " go back to your villages " mantra tell Calabars to go back to Calabar or to Ibibioland
Your fear is that of the Igboman as evidenced by this thread
Any success attributed to Igbo makes you uncomfortable
A thread comes out about Innoson motors it must be a Yoruba man to speak ill of it
Why are your hearts as dark as coal?
Had the winner of the award on this thread been Nkere Essien,none of you will be out here
But you hear Achebe and rear your ugly heads to make comparisons

Mgbo pia fu kwa unu isi cheesy
I hope I have answered you well

4 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 20, 2012
Baby mama:

Very small minded tribalist beings
An Igbo man will speak Igbo and also speak Yoruba like aYoruba man
A Bini man will speak Bini and speak Yoruba
Many didn't know Jegede Shokoya of masquerade was a full blooded Mbaise man
An Igbo musician will sing in Igbo and in Yoruba
Come to Igbo parties here,they will play Bracket and Dbanj,P Square ,Duncan mighty and Davido plus Osadebe and co
As someone who enjoys parties I hate Yoruba parties,except for the good jollof rice grin grin
They will not play anything but gba gba gba gba music
They won't even play Dbanj
It will be the real interior interior local Yoruba juju and babalawo music that only Yorubas can dance angry
Very tribalistic people that refuse to broaden their little minds
They won't even learn about other tribes in their same country but come on the Internet and parrot handed down fables
Ok Baby mama, if that is the problem, I will make it my life mission that ibo music is played in every owambe party in Yorubaland. Truce? But talking of little minds, I still don't understand why somebody like Achebe will bring himself down to the level of Nairaland's willy-willy.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:36am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Ask Okonjos mother another octogenarian Thank God she wasn't raapped like they do to Grandmother in Enugu
err if i remeber correctly there is a place in this country where their women are raaped endlessly by RESIDENT HERDSMEN,noand then the men in the community who cant do shyyte come out and whine like mice once the deed is done. grin grin grin grin
as in these foreign raapists actually live with their victims and violate them at will....pity!

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:38am On Dec 20, 2012
Aigbofa: Ok Baby mama, if that is the problem, I will make it my life mission that ibo music is played in every owambe party in Yorubaland. Truce?
as usual its all lost on you.....

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 20, 2012
phantom:
as usual its all lost on you.....
I usually don't engage re.tards.
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:44am On Dec 20, 2012
phantom:
err if i remeber correctly there is a place in this country where their women are raaped endlessly by RESIDENT HERDSMEN,noand then the men in the community who cant do shyyte come out and whine like mice once the deed is done. grin grin grin grin
as in these foreign raapists actually live with their victims and violate them at will....pity!

A foreigner rapping women compared to Chukwudi lusting after him Papa mama. I mean his grandmother na him dey sweet Chukwudi and Ikenna to nyansh.

Una dey twisted for real
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:45am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

A foreigner rapping women compared to Chukwudi lusting after him Papa mama. I mean his grandmother na him dey sweet Chukwudi and Ikenna to nyansh.

Una dey twisted for real
interesting ....the whole obj,son,wife,wifes father thingy is still fresh....... grin

2 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:46am On Dec 20, 2012

They have a problem with everyone. Yesterday its Efik, Today its ikwerre, tomorrow ijaw, next Tiv, Next hausa next yoruba

I can on this nairaland dig out posts by ibhoes attacking almost every ethnic group in Nigeria
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by babapupa: 12:46am On Dec 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Same way the jungle beasts kidnapped their own school kids for money. Smh
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:48am On Dec 20, 2012
Aigbofa: I usually don't engage re.tards.
do you really know what that word means? look in the mirror to find out.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:48am On Dec 20, 2012
phantom:
interesting ....the whole obj,son,wife,wifes father thingy is still fresh....... grin

You mean OBJ was rapping the woman wey born him Papa like they do for Sport in Enugu? See Igbo man daftness as usual

Obi how the thing go be make you dey tell una grandmothers to set nyansh for doggy or raise dem legs up and touch toes?

And the Igwe don talk say na because dem no pay Money. So Osisi you dey hear so? If you dey go home you better carry anti-raapee levy for hand

The traditional ruler of Ogbozalla community of OpI Nsukka, (apparently the most affected community), in Nsukka local council, Igwe Fabian Ogbuabo, while briefing the public hearing, said the continuous molestation of old women in his domain was caused by the women's non-compliance with the payment of N100 security levy.

[size=28pt]"The women were told to pay N100 each as security levy to prevent them from being Molested, since they are the targets, but they refused paying and this has made the Neighbourhood Watch to relax in the performance of ensuring the safety of their lives" the Igwe, is one-time Secretary to the Enugu State Government (SSG[/size]).

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208190202.html
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by vanbonattel: 12:51am On Dec 20, 2012
hypeman:

Which of his "so many books" is he known for?? grin

Achebe reached his prime with "Things Fall Apart." undecided

Have you read "Arrow of God"?
Richer than things fall apart if I am to say.

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by ezeagu(m): 12:51am On Dec 20, 2012
Aigbofa: I usually don't engage re.tards.

dayokanu:

Una dey twisted for real

dayokanu:

They have a problem with everyone. Yesterday its Efik, Today its ikwerre, tomorrow ijaw, next Tiv, Next hausa next yoruba

I can on this nairaland dig out posts by ibhoes attacking almost every ethnic group in Nigeria

babapupa:

Same way the jungle beasts kidnapped their own school kids for money. Smh

You guys are doing a great job convincing us that you're completely unbothered by Chinua Achebe's IOS nomination.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:55am On Dec 20, 2012
ezeagu:

You guys are doing a great job convincing us that you're completely unbothered by Chinua Achebe's IOS nomination.

How far ezeagu, You don contact Granny for Enugu? Abeg send her money quick for that anti-rapppe levy cos your brothers eye dey chook and conji dey hold them badly for yonder

Make we nor see bad thing.

Make eye nor see evil abi wetin una call young hefty men pouncing on grandmothers and doing ABSU 5 style on octogenarians . Tufiakwa
Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by phantom(m): 12:55am On Dec 20, 2012
yeah as long as its done by your fulani masters ,its fine i guess undecided undecided.....

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by vanbonattel: 12:55am On Dec 20, 2012

Please, I need a list..

Cheers.. wink

Pasting Igbo history on the world map and choking the story down your throat!
Giving Igbos a sense of belief in their past
Winning prices for literature, paving way for Chimamanda
Rejecting the bribe from obj, shaming the shameless fuul

1 Like

Re: Achebe’s Biafra Memoir In IOS Best Books For 2012 by dayokanu(m): 12:57am On Dec 20, 2012
phantom: yeah as long as its done by your fulani masters ,its fine i guess undecided undecided.....

Fulanis nor dey related to their victims. Abi you nor see say na spiritual attack go make Emeka prick dey strong for person wey born him Papa

Ibhoes, Una dey try.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18)

NASS Crisis: Supremacy Belongs To The People, Not Party – Dogara / Facts About Osun Governorship Election 2018 And Age Of Contestants / Henceforth, Loan Defaults Will Be Settled With Deposits From Other Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.