Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) (22522 Views)

Car Vibrates At Above 100 Km/ph / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) / The Journey With My Peugeot 605 V6 On Abuja - Enugu Highway On 30/12/2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 20, 2012
anitank: Thank God for journey mercies. My fiance died on this same road on his way to Abuja february 17th this year cry

So sorry to hear about your loss, it's not easy letting go of the memory of a loved one. Take heart in the knowledge he's in a better place, and still watching over you as he did in life.

May his soul Rest in Eternal Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Abrantie: 12:38am On Dec 20, 2012
Why every hood be red dusty for Giant of Africa? Not impressed.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by eherbal(m): 12:40am On Dec 20, 2012
Ikenna351: For those who are so much interested in that shoe i was wearing. It was actually a gift from my kid sister in Uk, Coventry in particular. So, happy now?

Ikenna.
but ikenna,those shoes..............grin
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Abrantie: 12:46am On Dec 20, 2012
OP must be one of the few lucky ones to snap Nigerian road trip pics, arrived safely and had the chance to share them, thank God.

On second thought, not too many armed robbers care about a 1998 Peugeot 605. That, I think, was his saving grace.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by MRMICKMEN: 2:25am On Dec 20, 2012
CrazyMan:
Why not take your time to read a thread properly before hitting the reply button...those pictures are part of his land he went to inspect.

there is nothing to inspect in that land oo grin
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 20, 2012
Thanks for sharing. Loved the journey.

One question though: why the fascination with not turning off your engine?
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by aforebby: 6:50am On Dec 20, 2012
Big boyyyy.I enjoy ur story.what a nice trip.but going to village wt ur baby 505,will u pack it on d way or to d village strait like some ibo guys does.wont dey ask u to take at least 3 boyz from your village to abj to become a big boy like you?lol..safe trip..drive with care..dt edible on the passenger sit make sure there is no green bottle there.cheers
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 20, 2012
anitank:
Thank God for journey mercies. My fiance died on this same road on his way to Abuja february 17th this year cry

So sorry for your loss dear embarassed It is well.

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by chino11(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2012
aryzgreat: Nice one Ikenna my childhood friend at Awka. For those that do not know ikenna in the auto section, they are the ones denigrating his car. Ikenna has been a fan of peugeot ryt from when we were in secondary school, i schooled with him at st patricks cathedral school awka A.K.A udoka, i know him very well, he painted Awka black and white with his Dad's white 504 GL during our secondary school days, so am not suprised he has two lions in his garage wot some people consider old vehicles. Ikenna was telling us in another thread he wanted to upgrade to 406 V6 and possibly sale his 605 since he love the 505 v6 so much but the love of the 605 has not let him dispose it. Am sure some of u don't know ikenna's background, he is a legal fellow though humble but very intelligent in auto mechanics that atimes i wonder y he didnt read auto engineering. He analyses auto repairs with so much understanding that i marvel at his intelligence.

Ikenna sorry for doing a little autobio on u but just to clear some wrong notion about u. Kudos on ur trip as i eagerly awaits ur next trip thread to east, i will also be in awka on 24th so i will take some pictures of my trip frm lagos to awka and back.

Weldone bro

Don't fail to holla me once you storm Awka, if not no Sabmiller sharkks for ya.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2012
Almost all of these guys beefing Ikenna's car here hasn't driven a keke na pepe before not to talk of turning a cars steering.

1 Like

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by chino11(m): 8:14am On Dec 20, 2012
gboss4sure: Almost all of these guys beefing Ikenna's car here hasn't driven a keke na pepe before not to talk of turning a cars steering.

my thoughts exactly. if they have ever own a car they will know that its not an easy thing..
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by braxjay(m): 8:17am On Dec 20, 2012
AWWWW nice story. moving on now NEXT ?
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Emperoh(m): 8:30am On Dec 20, 2012
Nigerians are the most difficult set of people to please.
Give them a 2013 car or modern ride, you do see them accusing the poster of showing off.
In his humble mien, he's shown a road trip in his favorite Lion and people are slating him

Ignorance is a disease. . . .some people just wasted their school fees. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Revolva(m): 9:08am On Dec 20, 2012
V6 wow the poster is proud of his ryde -- that's just it get this picture clear -- if na some people na shame dem go dey shame to picture their car - I see a contended brova
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by aryzgreat: 10:01am On Dec 20, 2012
chino11:

Don't fail to holla me once you storm Awka, if not no Sabmiller sharkks for ya.. grin grin

Hahahaha Chino! heard sabmiller brand is d latest in town in anambra, cant wait to sip to my delight, am gona hook u up when i enter bro. Anambra adibago mma!
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by c33b33(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2012
Emperoh: Nigerians are the most difficult set of people to please.
Give them a 2013 car or modern ride, you do see them accusing the poster of showing off.
In his humble mien, he's shown a road trip in his favorite Lion and people are slating him

Ignorance is a disease. . . .some people just wasted their school fees. undecided
Gbam!you said it all
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by chino11(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2012
aryzgreat:

Hahahaha Chino! heard sabmiller brand is d latest in town in anambra, cant wait to sip to my delight, am gona hook u up when i enter bro. Anambra adibago mma!

Nwanne mu..the SABmiller drinks dey sale like wild fire..hehehehehe

Am sure Guinness and crappy NB will soon be edged out going by the speed with which SAB are storming the market. I had they are already using the dredged River Niger in Onitsha to ship their products to other parts of the country (up north and down south).

Mehn their drinks are bomb. taste the Stout malt, Hero, Castle Beer etc..
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by bibina: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
freecocoa: OP I love that your eyeglass and shoe.

Please what's the name of the shoe? I want to buy it for my father in-law
undecided.

Nice pishures btw.

that shoe looks like sanctus! Ikedi Ohakim's favorite
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Abrantie: 9:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
MR MICKMEN:

there is nothing to inspect in that land oo grin

I think there is. You know how some peeps just wait around for someone else to buy land for them to start lay foundation for a 6 BR mansion? grin

OP just wants to makes sure his land still has the original vegetation, with lizards crawling all over the place.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by anitank(f): 10:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
Siena:

So sorry to hear about your loss, it's not easy letting go of the memory of a loved one. Take heart in the knowledge he's in a better place, and still watching over you as he did in life.

mikeujoel:

So sorry for your loss dear embarassed It is well.
Siena:

Thanks guys. Enugu-Abuja road is a death trap, especially that Kogi state area. A lot of lives have been lost there yet fed govt refuses to dualize the road. I feel indifferent when their private jets and helicopters explode in the air, because only one thing comes to mind........KARMA!!!!!
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Ikenna351(m): 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
@ antitank,

Actually, the part of that highway i have problem with, since I drive on it often, is the Abuja-Lokoja highway. Anyone that is not that good behind the wheel may find himself/herself in the bush, on that particular road. Especially, the way some vehicles behave on that road usually make me fear for the worst. There are some cars i dont like spending more than 2 mins behind them. Once i reach them, i just overtake and spare myself the horrible sight.i.e. behaving as if they were about to swerve into the bush, whenever the drivers steered them away from potholes on top speed. Some cars simply lack the stability to handle such steer. For if you want to know how good a car is on high speed, tail the car on highway and check how it behaves while steering away from objects or potholes on highspeed. But to some, "Car na Car". Of course, God protects and saves, but shouldnt be taken for granted. Igbos will say "Onye Chukwu n' azo, n' azo onwe ya!".

But inspite of our bad roads, what can a son of man does? Lol!

Hey anitank! Cheer up! It is well.

Ikenna
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by yungboss(m): 6:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Somorin#1:
Thanks for sharing. Loved the journey.

One question though: why the fascination with not turning off your engine?
My thoughts too,
Nice reportage man, nice car, tall man with the big heart. Impressed by your younger sister's gift. I think i need to do a road trip rendition too, in my '94 bmw 3 series (Love driving that 6cyl).
So sorry about the death of your fiance anitank, such is life.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Ogojohn(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2012
I love that man Ikenna. some oyibo like to keep there cars. classic I may say. it does not matter how modern but how well maintained. so for that that to be in such a super shape shows that he knows his onions in auto mechanic.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by azpekuliar: 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
A quick one. What section should a thread like this be, Car talk or Travel?
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
azpekuliar: A quick one. What section should a thread like this be, Car talk or Travel?

Car Talk.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by yungboss(m): 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2012
azpekuliar: A quick one. What section should a thread like this be, Car talk or Travel?

it will also be good in 'travel'...
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Ikenna351(m): 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
yungboss:
it will also be good in 'travel'...

Its about the places my car made to, roads driven on the trip, not about places i have been to or travelled to, hence the topic. Thats why the car appeared on almost all the pictures.

So, its a car talk thing.

Ikenna.
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by azpekuliar: 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
Ikenna351:

Its about the places my car made to, not about places i have been to or travelled to, hence the topic. Thats why the car appears on all most all the pictures. Focus is on the car on so so and so places.

So, its a car talk thing.

Ikenna.

Thanks boss. Wanted to know as I see myself doing something similar in the future. I'm a motorcycle enthusiast and hope to document my road trips and share them.

Very nice rendition. I especially loved the part about helping the old lady. That was touching! My dad has a 1980s Peugeot 504 SR which is so dear to him, so I readily identify with your love for lions.

Well done Ikenna. Well done.....
Re: Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 23, 2012
yungboss:
My thoughts too,
Nice reportage man, nice car, tall man with the big heart. Impressed by your younger sister's gift. I think i need to do a road trip rendition too, in my '94 bmw 3 series (Love driving that 6cyl).
So sorry about the death of your fiance anitank, such is life.

E36, my favorite model of BMW.

Eku igbadun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Futuristic Mobile Food Truck Requires Less Human Intervention / Recovered Vehicle In A Police Station In Port-Harcourt. Photos / How Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.