Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC (4012 Views)

NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG / Minister Advocates Increase In Corps Members’ Allowances / FG Appoints New DG For NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by lekanolas: 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
The Ministerial Committee on the Reform of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) administrative structure has canvassed the appointment of a civilian director general for the scheme.

To facilitate the proposed leadership policy for the scheme, the seven-member committee recommended that NYSC directorate level officers should be trained over the next five years to prepare them for effective competition for the post of the director-general.

Committee’s chairman, Dr. Adegoke Adegoroye, made these submissions yesterday while presenting copies of the report to the Minister of Youth Development, Inuwa Abdul-Kadir, in Abuja.

Adegoroye, a former permanent secretary, said the committee’s recommendations were based on rigorous consultations with experts and other stakeholders who believed that the appointment of the director-general for the scheme should be internalised in order to stop perceived frustration of officers who would have liked to end their career at the top most position of the scheme.

He said: “A critical issue identified by the committee is the conventional practice of appointing the NYSC chief executive from a unit of the Nigerian Army, without the law expressly stating so.

“This practice as the committee gathered from widespread consultation and observed from the general attitude of the staff has not only bred frustration among the top Directorate Officers but makes feel shut out from rising to the pinnacle of their career and also denying the scheme from benefiting from the experience of its pool of officers.”

While accepting the report, the Youth Minister expressed satisfaction that it came at a point that the President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was serious about reforming every sector of the nation.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/committee-advocates-civilian-dg-for-nysc/
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Orpelin: 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
what about the proposal to increase the current allwance to 30k and reduce the batches to just 2 that we have been hearing.
The main restructuring that would have gigle the heart of all is the commencement of regional posting if outright cancellation of the scheme can not be done.
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Achieverbaba: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
so so not in support of a civilian DG lailai...for wat na.

1 Like

Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by polokor60(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2012
The purpose of this scheme has been defeated,scrap the damn programme.

2 Likes

Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by ITbomb(m): 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
polokor60: The purpose of this scheme has been defeated,scrap the damn programme.
The army said they can't take orders from a bloody civilian except he is the CinC
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Samabu07(m): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2012
The committee should go and look bush. Make them go sleep. Nysc has lost its glory and path it should be scrapped or reformed. The Committee should either launch investigations to prosecute whoever that is supplying the whole kits for corp members. They scam the Nigerian Nation with bogus amount. With 12k I would buy all those kits in the market and still have balance to present. Rubbish nonsense Ministerial committee looking for avenues to enmass wealth.

6 Likes

Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Liverpoolfc(m): 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2012
those guys that made such recommendation want to destroy NYSC.Is that what they were sent to do? NYSC should be like law school or 1yr applied form theory one has acquired in tertiary institution. make civilian DG and destroy NYSC

1 Like

Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Bolt2011(m): 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
I totally agree with this committee. Allow the civilians head NYSC, it is not a military agency. Enough of all this undemocratic way of rulership by the 'Zombies'
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by WebsiteDesigner: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
Not a bad idea. Remains implementation.
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Magicdon(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2012
The Committee is aimless, NYSC is a para-military Institution, it is supposed to be headed by a military man. The committee should talk of scrutinizing d woeful n poor quality kits or rags they call uniform. They should be talkin of increment of d alawi to 30k. If the NYSC is not headed by a Soldier Man. I dont see d army accepting to train n work under a civillian. They should talk of how d graduates could be employed after d service year. Rubbish committe!

1 Like

Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by judeff: 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
There's no point gathering youths after a succesful graduation to go away Aи̣̣D̶̲̥̅̊ suffer...after the orientation camp a specific amount should be given Aи̣̣D̶̲̥̅̊ a certificate...all dis civilian or military thing i̶̲̥̅̊$ bull shit...cos evn the army ppl am currently serving in there barracks Aи̣̣D̶̲̥̅̊ I know how foolish they are
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by success9(m): 12:20am On Dec 20, 2012
i av soht 2knw d benefits of dis scheme. ppl talk of oportunitis som1 wuld av gotten anyway. y stres ppl 4anoda 12mnts in d name of servin d nation wen u'r nt servin it urself? i say SCRAP D DAMN THING...pay d students off afta graduatin 2stat a life
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by patrickmuf(m): 1:30am On Dec 20, 2012
polokor60: The purpose of this scheme has been defeated,scrap the damn programme.
point is; if the programme is scrapped, the N19800 we are paid now will go back to the pockets of polithiefians...Instead of those thieves adding another leaf(N19800) to their cap, i'd rather have it. Atleast with proper savings, i can pickup my m.sc form and pay my fees(if not all, part of it)

1 Like

Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 20, 2012
patrickmuf: point is; if the programme is scrapped, the N19800 we are paid now will go back to the pockets of polithiefians...Instead of those thieves adding another leaf(N19800) to their cap, i'd rather have it. Atleast with proper savings, i can pickup my m.sc form and pay my fees(if not all, part of it)

u re d dude man........!!
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
This is a selfish move by d so-called group/committee.
They aren't talking of what impact d suggestion will have on corps members, just that they want 2 get 2 d peak 2 embezzel n turn d scheme 2 naught.
Re: Committee Advocates Civilian DG For NYSC by luiskhan92: 11:31am On Oct 02, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Self-Contain Apartment For Rent In Old GRA Port Harcourt (For Corpers) / NYSC Reg: Fingerprints Scanner Issues, Please Help / All You Need To Know About Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.