Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse (4902 Views)

Luis Enrique To Be Tito Vilanova's Successor At Barcelona? / Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Tolexander: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
[img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20121219&t=2&i=686263649&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE8BI0YLZ00[/img]

(Reuters) - Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has suffered a relapse on the cancer in his saliva glands, Spanish daily El Pais reported on Wednesday citing sources at the club.

The 44-year-old Vilanova, who underwent surgery on a tumor in his glands in November last year, stepped up from his role as assistant to replace Pep Guardiola as first-team coach for this season.

The La Liga leaders put out a statement cancelling a Christmas event planned with local media and president Sandro Rosell in the morning, saying the reasons would be given later.

"Very sorry to hear the news," Barca midfielder Xavi said on his official Twitter account, as messages of support flooded in.

Former tennis world number one Rafa Nadal said: "All my strength and support for Tito Vilanova! We are all with you to overcome this next hurdle."

Vilanova was out of action for around three weeks after surgery last year, but returned to the dugout to help Guardiola for the last six months of the 2011-12 campaign.

The quietly-spoken Catalan said the experience had left him with a different perspective on life, at his presentation in June.

"I had an important operation a few months ago," he said. "I spoke with the medics and my family about the job, but they all said I was perfectly okay and there was no problem.

"Having overcome this operation it gives me a different view on life. Perhaps, after what has happened, training Barca will be like kids play."

Vilanova has guided the team to the top of La Liga with 15 wins in 16 games, nine points clear of second-placed Atletico Madrid, and into the last 16 of the Champions League as group winners.

Barca have one game left, away at Valladolid in La Liga on Saturday, before the two-week winter break.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/19/us-soccer-spain-vilanova-idUSBRE8BI0NM20121219
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by homesteady(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
Ehya......Y naw,when he is making a record??!! Real Madrid is dis yur worst??....sorry he wont die....lwkmd..#justJOKING
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by xeryve(m): 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
This is quiet unfortunate. All the best to Tito.
first to comment. the one above is no comment.
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by otumfour(m): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
wishing him all the best...... angry
[img]http:///gallery/d/83077-9/Kid-kicking-ball-fail-QWOP.gif[/img]
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Hailedin9ja: 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
Pray that you scale this next hurdle in your struggle for life.

Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by homesteady(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
xeryve: This is quiet unfortunate. All the best to Tito.

Sorry bro!! I just booked d space...
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by yuzedo: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
otumfour: wishing him all the best......
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by husu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sad news, heard Barca is looking for replacement for the coach to take the team till the end of the season.
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by onuwaje(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
Get well soon
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Ucheosefoh(m): 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
Wish u quick recovery Tito cus u are the best manager at the moment Visca Barca
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by honeric01(m): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
otumfour: wishing him all the best...... angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by guguz(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
So sad.......tho I'm a madridista, I wish him a speedy recovery.
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by idinc(m): 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
xeryve: This is quiet unfortunate. All the best to Tito.
no bro i think u're d 1 dat's left no comment with dat ur grammer...'this is QUIET unfortunate'
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Bolt2011(m): 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
Wishing Tito a quick recovery, come and finish up what you have started.#Madrid all the way!!!#
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by wengerjay(m): 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
I wsh him a speedy recovery.I vehemently believe ur illness wil serve as a motivation for the guys to win subsequent games and dedicate the trophies to ur excellent works.
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Ice4jez(m): 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
we re praying for u dear coach cos we need u to be there when we win all tournament again dis season
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by mbaemeka(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
Tito we are praying for you. No tumor exists! In Jesus' name.
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
Quick Recovery Tito.
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Vincent41(m): 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
Tolexander: [img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20121219&t=2&i=686263649&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE8BI0YLZ00[/img]

(Reuters) - Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has suffered a relapse on the cancer in his saliva glands, Spanish daily El Pais reported on Wednesday citing sources at the club.

The 44-year-old Vilanova, who underwent surgery on a tumor in his glands in November last year, stepped up from his role as assistant to replace Pep Guardiola as first-team coach for this season.

The La Liga leaders put out a statement cancelling a Christmas event planned with local media and president Sandro Rosell in the morning, saying the reasons would be given later.

"Very sorry to hear the news," Barca midfielder Xavi said on his official Twitter account, as messages of support flooded in.

Former tennis world number one Rafa Nadal said: "All my strength and support for Tito Vilanova! We are all with you to overcome this next hurdle."

Vilanova was out of action for around three weeks after surgery last year, but returned to the dugout to help Guardiola for the last six months of the 2011-12 campaign.

The quietly-spoken Catalan said the experience had left him with a different perspective on life, at his presentation in June.

"I had an important operation a few months ago," he said. "I spoke with the medics and my family about the job, but they all said I was perfectly okay and there was no problem.

"Having overcome this operation it gives me a different view on life. Perhaps, after what has happened, training Barca will be like kids play."

Vilanova has guided the team to the top of La Liga with 15 wins in 16 games, nine points clear of second-placed Atletico Madrid, and into the last 16 of the Champions League as group winners.

Barca have one game left, away at Valladolid in La Liga on Saturday, before the two-week winter break.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/19/us-soccer-spain-vilanova-idUSBRE8BI0NM20121219

get well soon bro...una sabi play To God
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Vincent41(m): 11:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
Tolexander: [img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20121219&t=2&i=686263649&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE8BI0YLZ00[/img]

get well soon bro...una sabi play To God
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by Livebetalife(f): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!!

[url=livebetalife.com/plan-ahead-livebetalife-in-2013-free-report]PLAN AHEAD : LiveBETAlife In
2013 FREE REPORT[/url]

* How to Set Yourself Up
for Success in 2013!
* How to Start your own
business with little Capital
in 2013! .
* How to pass your exams
with Ease in 2013!
* How to Build a Happy
Home in 2013!
* How to to Live a Healthy
Lifestyle in 2013 !
Get it all for free by clicking[url=livebetalife.com/plan-ahead-livebetalife-in-2013-free-report]PLAN AHEAD : LiveBETAlife In
2013 FREE REPORT[/url]
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by coolted(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
I KNOW FOR CEFTAIN HE WOULD OVERCOME THIS PRESENT TASK
Re: Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse by favoursilva: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2012
embarassedget well as soon as possible so dat we can win ac milanget well as soon as possible so dat we can win ac milanget well as soon as possible so dat we can win ac milan

(1) (Reply)

Valencia Vs Real Madrid (2 - 3) On Saturday 19th November 2011 / The Highest Paid Football Players In The World / Blackburn Rovers Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 5th November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.