Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Parents Should Not Be Implicit In Training Up Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Should Not Be Implicit In Training Up Children (856 Views)

The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This / How Her Uncle Sexually Abused Her (All parents should read this) / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parents Should Not Be Implicit In Training Up Children by dlight1(m): 12:54am On Dec 20, 2012
One of the factors responsible for various vices in our society has to do with the inability of parents and the society to train children in explicit and unambigous terms.
Many times parents tend to be over-protective on their children and because of this fail to enunciate the basic morals they intend to impart on their children the result of which is usually debilitating by the time they eventually get exposed to these things. A very common example is with sex education[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Parents Should Not Be Implicit In Training Up Children by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 20, 2012
Gbogbo grammar! Abeg how many dictionaries were harmed in the construction of this post? Lol! grin grin I kid, I kid!

But yeah, you are absolutely right. Sex education needs to be comprehensive, age appropriate and clearly spelt out.

1 Like

Re: Parents Should Not Be Implicit In Training Up Children by slimyem: 1:38am On Dec 20, 2012
I think i get the op.
Nigerian parents mostly talk around an issue rather than talk about it...
They prefer to drop clues all around and expect/assume that the child employs his/her initiative in figuring out the message.
This method of communication is defective.

(1) (Reply)

Gate Automation (automatic Gate Opener) Call 07033992255 / Looking For Higher Mystical Powers To Overcome Ur Marriage Problems / A Wife Survived After Husband Accidentally Shot Her In The Mouth With A Harpoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.