Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 (1185 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / All You Need To Know About The PMP/CAPM Exams And Training / 6 Ways To Easily Pass Your Pmp Exams In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by oscartawn1: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2008
I plan to take the PMP exams very soon and i want to use this forum to meet with like minded friends who are interested in boarding the ship. I believe we can help and encourage ourselves here. we can also find useful information once in a while.

I am almost through registering online for the certification exams. If you need any guidance on this I can assist you.

What materials are best recommended to study for the PMP/CAPM exams and pass in one sitting? I am waiting on you guys, thanks.
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by Kashif(m): 12:33pm On Feb 21, 2008
Are you registering for the exam when you have not taken the preparatory class? Or am I missing something? Remember one of the rules - you must document 35hr PMP exam preparatory contact before you can sit for the exam.

Cheers.
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by prominence: 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Kashif
sorry to disturb you, pls have u attended ur preparatory classes and where? am about to go for my classes, maybe in March. i jst want to know if u can recommend any particular trainer to me. tanx
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by Kashif(m): 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2008
prominence:

@Kashif
sorry to disturb you, please have u attended your preparatory classes and where? am about to go for my classes, maybe in March. i jst want to know if u can recommend any particular trainer to me. thanks

I am certified. You can send me a mail via the address on my profile.
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by oscartawn1: 10:17am On Feb 22, 2008
Kashif,

I don't have the 35 contact hours yet, that's why I have not completed my registration. I have registered with a REP for their March sessions and after then I would proceed to complete my registration for the PMP exams. I don't think there's anything wrong with commencing the registration process now.

I actually need sugeestions on right sources of information/materials to prepare adequately for the exams. Kashif, I need your input on this please!

I also heard that the pass mark has been raised to 81%! Is this true?
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by Kashif(m): 8:02am On Feb 25, 2008
There is nothing wrong registering now but please be ready before you site for the exam (though you can always reschedule).

Start with the PMBOK - try and go through it twice and then you should be able to appreciate other materials like Crosswind.

I have not been able to confirm if the passmark has been reviewed upwards. I only know that the PMBOK 4 will soon subsume the PMBOK 3. The draft is being reviewed currently and will soon be published so, make hay.
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by ochenya200(f): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
hey guys, dont leave me out. i have been looking for information for this PMP please keep me posted.
Thanks
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by Chizzyo(f): 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2008
Hey guys. Apparently all of u that want to take the pmp haven't attended the mandatory prep class. I'd like to recommend Albert & Benjamin Ross. We conduct PMP Training every month. You can call or email me for more info.
Chizoba-07034056829, conuorah@abrpm.com.
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by hahaha2(m): 2:49am On Mar 04, 2008
This is a great thread, Oscartown am very down with taking them PMP exams.

I was initially torn between taking either PMP or PRINCE 2,
but most of the folks i talked to advised me to go 4 PMP instead.
i would still like to get u guys expert advice though, am going for my masters in Europe and am aiming to use my project management certification to hold down a job on the side while am there, and it seems PRINCE 2 is more widely accepted in the EU. So am thinkin shud i take PRINCE 2 or PMP.
Will really appreciate any helpful advice.

"Were as this career section been all my llife
there is so much to learn here"

Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by ogepam(f): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2008
The following materials for PMP exam Preparations are in still in stock.

- Rita Mulchay,PMP exam Preparatory Materials( For Free)
- Crosswind Project Management Inc,PMP Exam Preparatory Materials

For More details pls contact:
Pamela Chukwuemeka
D'Principles Company & Associates
Re: Only For Those Taking The Pmp Exams In 2008 by knzguru(m): 5:34am On Mar 09, 2008
Go to Albert & Benjamin Ross. There's gotta be a reason everyone else has!

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc Is Calling / ICAN Haba / Nextzon Interview & Management Trainee Job @ Mainstreet Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.