Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... (6818 Views)

APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / APC, Security Agents Scheme To Conduct Rivers Election Under Buhari's Govt– Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Pidivine: 10:09am On Dec 20, 2012
Story story, STORY!
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 20, 2012
Agbgift:

Bros, I wonder which planet u for show. Common national population census, as nt be able to giver d aqurate numbers of nigerians citizens in dis country or feed for its citizens, na job census wan work?...In dis country, d rich keep getting richer, while d poor go poor d more. All dis committee of sleeping and standing na dem dem be d memebers, avenue to keep choping money. God help us sha. Make d world jst end make everybody cari load go met baba God.
now it is evident that women and men are not smiling. it is well

1 Like

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by enigmagu1(m): 10:11am On Dec 20, 2012
wat do dey mean by jobless nigerians?? do dey mean idle ppl or wats? dnt tink ani one is jobless in 9ja, even payin a visit to nairaland is job, goin frm place wit ur rubber plate n rubber spoon beggin for food like almajiri is job cos its putin food in dia plate, cant call it table cos dey dnt av ani...
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2012
Make thunder and ASUU strike their ass. Ediotaaaaas!
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by XFive: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2012
slap1: The standing committee will get tired of standing, and then a sitting committee will be set up to investigate why the standing committee couldn't stand for long. Motion without movement. #nonsense
You don scatter my DADA
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2012
shamama: Glo network for blackberry sucks in my area,abuja,its just dancing on and off,any clue pls
try airtel
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Revolva(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2012
grin how do they wanna conduct this ? Is it after the census head count.or its a seperate count - why do this government folks not use the money for this project to solve issues of employment
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by fuke(m): 10:15am On Dec 20, 2012
Just getting stat for unemployment when Ekiti goverment has done it.

Unserious people.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2012
Census my left leg!! Give them jobs or better yet give out loans with little or no interest, so that ppl can create their own businesses.

1 Like

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by miteolu(m): 10:20am On Dec 20, 2012
shamama: Glo network for blackberry sucks in my area,abuja,its just dancing on and off,any clue pls

Sign of Xmas party

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Standing5(m): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2012
What happens if the census end up being a scam scheme where the actual joblessness figure is reduced in order to give credit to the GEJ admin?
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Emmy9ite(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2012
k10: bad idea, so many employed people will register as unemployed just in case some remuneration is later paid in future...
This is another challenge they will face. Even those that are employed will claim unemployed just to change their jobs
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2012
na today?
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by slimming: 10:30am On Dec 20, 2012
I have escape from such category.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by dasparrow: 10:32am On Dec 20, 2012
@Post

I think its not a bad idea.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by steve10(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2012
Nigerians let be optimistic for once
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by vislabraye(m): 10:32am On Dec 20, 2012
achi4u: Nigeria is like an eroplane without pilot=drone

waiting to be explode

emmm! abeg make them count me ocheesy

With this kine English you sure say dem go wan employ you
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:34am On Dec 20, 2012
OK
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by KingSolomonI: 10:35am On Dec 20, 2012
let them start from nairaland.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by uprigtd: 10:38am On Dec 20, 2012
rodeo0070: The Special Assistant to the President on Job Creation Initiatives, Josephine Washma, has hinted that the Federal Government intends to conduct a census of unemployed persons in the country early next year. Washma, who spoke to Daily Sun at an end of year dinner party, organized by the management of Premier Petroleum Company Limited, in Abuja, said the new survey, which will be carried out nationwide, will form the basis for the implementation of job creation initiatives of government.

“We are embarking on a new unemployment survey, in conjunction with the National Bureau of Statistics, to update the existing data base. We believe that NBS already has the structures to ensure a successful survey,” she said. According to the Special Assistant, the issue of unemployment cannot be properly addressed without a reliable data base, adding that proper job planning requires the knowledge of the number of the unemployed.

“So until we know how many persons are unemployed, how many are skilled, the number that are unskilled and how many of them can be given training upgrade to improve their performance. “What has been done before was a general survey but we want to segment that do as to enable us to direct efforts at those areas that are of critical importance,” she added.

Speaking on the renewed effort by government to tackle unemployment crisis in the country, Washma said President Jonathan has set up a standing Committee on Job Creation to chaired by the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Nwogu. She said the committee which is to be inaugurated soon will drive the President’s intervention initiatives aimed at addressing joblessness among the youths in country. She said there will be a job creation musical show coming up early next year in conjunction with local and foreign entrepreneurs.

“It is something we should all look up to and give a chance to see how it tries to solve the unemployment problem in the country and by extension the issue of insecurity, ” she said. The Presidential aide said the committee will try in the interim to build on the unemployment data provided by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and to move on to conduct unemployment surveys. She said NBS is also a member of the committee.

“There are various employment generation programmes being ran by government agencies but what we we need to do is to reassess such initiatives and to see if they actually, adding value or need to be restructured in certain ways to fit into the present expectations,” she said. “Let me say that the issue of unemployment has also to do with unemployable, that is the fact that a lot of our school leavers do not possess the require skills to attract employers of labour.

Their were CVs that I could not present even to traders in the market. So we are engaging on consultants that will help train these school leavers on how to prepare a resume because resume is the first step to securing a job. It is your marketing/selling point because the applicant might not be physically present when his application is being discussed, ” she said

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/business/fg-to-conduct-census-of-jobless-nigerians-in-2013/
ok
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by NoQualms1(f): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2012
Emmy9ite: Nigerian are always praying and waiting for jobs. No one wants to be creative enough to give other people jobs. Assuming they were no industries, who will employ the unemployed. We should act and think like entrepreneurs.

Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. If everyone create jobs, who will they employ? Who will be left to buy their goods and services?

The government should create employment, this scheme will not work IMO. We have a lot of dead governmental companies in Nigeria like that steel mill company (I've forgotten it's name). If they can resurrect such companies and build new ones, employment rate in the country will reduce. The govenment knows what to do, they are just not doing it.

I really wish corruption can be eliminated in this country, I sincerely wish so.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by fkaz(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2012
slap1: The standing committee will get tired of standing, and then a sitting committee will be set up to investigate why the standing committee couldn't stand for long. Motion without movement. #nonsense
bro i only made that comment because is funny. I don't know the use of national bureau of statistics, why anoda standing commite b4 we know number of unemployed graduate
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2012
census kor census ni, bull shit
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by nonesense: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2012
tigerleggs: Methink NBS should start the census on Nairaland, the land of jobless people. Me inclusive.
Lol, angry jobless people, + me grin
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by drsolob(m): 10:51am On Dec 20, 2012
a1solution: na my country you dey yab like this?
Which of the country u dey talk about, i regret been born in nigeria
a1solution: na my country you dey yab like this?
Which of the country u dey talk about, i regret been born in nigeria
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Hardfact: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2012
And where will that lead with the usual deliberate complacence and lack of will to actually make things work?
Or is that supposed to mean they mean business?
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Hardfact: 11:02am On Dec 20, 2012
uprigt_d:
ok

Needless quoting all op's statement before commenting.

1 Like

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Sunymoore(m): 11:07am On Dec 20, 2012
Abeg, make the jobless to carry out d operation, not employed once
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by sportfeva(m): 11:08am On Dec 20, 2012
Your system lack proper database system. You don't need this now only if you have been harnessing the principle of national database system.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Wsdm: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2012
What really qualifies one as unemployed? Because most jobs in Nigeria is really not worthy of making one employed. Let us have electricity and access to soft loan and see what Nigeria will become in a very shortwhile.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by rozayx5(m): 11:09am On Dec 20, 2012
Emmy9ite: Nigerian are always praying and waiting for jobs. No one wants to be creative enough to give other people jobs. Assuming they were no industries, who will employ the unemployed. We should act and think like entrepreneurs.

the most reasonable post i have read on NL for sometime now smiley
They are all rushing to get degrees i wonder who they want to create jobs for them, when they graduate grin grin grin

after 4-6 years, suffering you come out to suffer again cry
its time our youths started dropping this rat race mentality and using their skills and brains to create jobs for themselves.
The last time i checked Mark Zukerburg was a drop out who used his talents and is now employing Degree holders who need a career and a salary undecided

When ever i meet many young bubbling guys, i gist with them especially corpers funny enough 99% of corpers i have met have zero Entrepreneurial skills cry
this country is doomed if we all keep depending on degrees and Government to feed us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / Breaking: The Man Behind MEND, Avengers And JNDLF Revealed / Ogbeni Aregbesola Commission Sabo Elementary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.