Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (44148 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by SisiKill1: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
davidylan:

you dont "deal" with it. You just ignore him period. I dont understand why people put up with such petty immaturity.
Lanruze: I am a man and I'll tell you that a Man who keeps malice intentionally is either the vengful type,
had been over-pampared during his childhood, seeks attention or naturally has an unforgivIng spirit
.A real man's attribute should be how easily he can overlook imperfections of other Mortals since even he himself is imperfect. The ability to forgive and move on fast is a valid attribute of a leader; especially a front runner in the family. Except in a case when the woman has been warned of a particular irretable behaviour and she continues with it. That can only warrant temporary withdrawal to enable such person come to a factual realisation of wrong done.

Finally! Whew!!!

Was starting to get scared with all the Pampering, beg him, cook his food, pat him on the head, wipe his bum and blow his nose nonsensical advice.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by abayomi23(f): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
sex is the key.try to give him beyond what he ever imagined in bed and see if his mouth will not open.take him to another level in bed and see if his attitude will not change.men love sex

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by bukatyne(f): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
laykhorn:
I'm confused here. Tell me what you mean by both ways here
i hope your advice is for both husband and wife
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lanruze: I am a man and I'll tell you that a Man who keeps malice intentionally is either the vengful type,
had been over-pampared during his childhood, seeks attention or naturally has an unforgivIng spirit

.A real man's attribute should be how easily he can overlook imperfections of other Mortals since even he himself is imperfect. The ability to forgive and move on fast is a valid attribute of a leader; especially a front runner in the family. Except in a case when the woman has been warned of a particular irretable behaviour and she continues with it. That can only warrant temporary withdrawal to enable such person come to a factual realisation of wrong done.

Correct! If I were to find myself in that setting, I would be terrified of what he may be planning in that noggin of his. I can't even begin to imagine what it is like sleeping in the same bed with someone who is keeping malice with me. Gosh!!! What people put up with in the Name of Marriage, especially the Naija ones, na wa!!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by laykhorn(m): 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
bukatyne: i hope your advice is for both husband and wife
**More confused** how does a man learn d hard way? Please expansiate... Woman may learn d hard way when d man 'gets out of hand'. You may lose him if u let your ego blind you
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Ivynwa(f): 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
Poster you need to upgrade him to a different level of maturity where you are. Keeping malice is so yesterday and getting obsolete. Have it in mind that you have a project about enlightening him for him to get pass that. When you guys are in a good mood,always make him realize how much precious time of loving and living that he waste those whiles that he will be carrying face for you. I mean you guys can be having a blast and laughing, being happy, enjoying great music, doing great things those whiles that he is sulking like a big baby.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by SisiKill1: 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
laykhorn:
**More confused** how does a man learn d hard way? Please expansiate... Woman may learn d hard way when d man 'gets out of hand'. You may lose him if u let your ego blind you

Tell them ooh!! Most of them still don't know the level of oxygen they get is directly proportional to having a man in their lives.. . Hence the unnecessary shakara! Shioooor! undecided

Until they all start dropping dead after losing their men before their eyes will open. . .errr. . .I mean that figuratively speaking of course because they will be dead, so they can't open their eyes. . .we don't want a buncha zombie wives now do we? Hmmm, then again maybe zombie wives won't be such a bad idea considering that what it seems marriage in Nigeria calls for.

Well! It does seem to be working out for the best, yes?! I think so too!!!

Thanks dude for setting things right.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by laykhorn(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ivynwa: Poster you need to upgrade him to a different level of maturity where you are. Keeping malice is so yesterday and getting obsolete. Have it in mind that you have a project about enlightening him for him to get pass that. When you guys are in a good mood,always make him realize how much precious time of loving and living that he waste those whiles that he will be carrying face for you. I mean you guys can be having a blast and laughing, being happy, enjoying great music, doing great things those whiles that he is sulking like a big baby.
Ivynwa back with her detailed on-point helpful replies to other people worries. Hw av you been? Did you see my mail?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by laykhorn(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Tell them ooh!! Most of them still don't know the level of oxygen they get is directly proportional to having a man in their lives.. . Hence the unnecessary shakara! Shioooor! undecided

Until they all start dropping dead after they losing their men before their eye will open. . .errr. . .I mean that figuratively speaking of course because they will be dead, so they can't open their eyes. . .we don't want a buncha zombie wives now do we? Hmmm, then again maybe zombie wives won't be such a bad idea considering that what it seems marriage in Nigeria calls for.

Well! It does seem to be working out for the best, yes?! I think so too!!!

Thanks dude for setting things right.
LOL at 'buncha zombie wife'. Never mind bro. They all knw the truth but they've refuse to admit.... I think Mondi_cheek is the reverse of 190, always throwing jabs at Nigerian men. I hope you're not what you've claimed to be on this virtual world in reality.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Chongaiman: 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
mal·ice (m l s) n. 1. A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite. 2. Law The intent, without just cause or reason, to commit a wrongful act that will result in harm to another.

[Middle English, from Old French, from Latinmalitia, frommalus, bad; seemel-3 in Indo-European roots.]

malice [mælɪs] n 1. the desire to do harm or mischief 2. evil intent 3. (Law) Law the state of mind with which an act is committed and from which the intent to do wrong may be inferred See also malice aforethought [via Old French from Latin malitia, from malus evil]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/malice

@OP, judging from these definitions, could it be assumed that you exaggerated with the your choice of words?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:12am On Dec 22, 2012
debrief08: If the man of the house cannot solve conflicts like an adult then deal with him the way he acts like a child. I have learnt it is counter productive to reward bad behavior, he acts like that because of the attention he ges from acting out just like a small child does.
He wants to be a baby allow him. Be polite but equally ignore him, when he is done with throwing tantrums and acting like a spoilt child he should come and act like the adult, father and husband he is meant to be.
Why would a grown man be acting like a child and expect to get petted? No wonder marriages keep getting sour, we expect one party to put up with all sorts of things, never have a diffferent veiw or believe. His attitude is bad, he needs to work on it. It is his problem and not her own.
Why should she be the one to beg and crawl because a grown man chooses to act worse than my 3 year old? We keep telling men that they are babies when they are not.

GOD BLESS YOU! Why can't adults learn to talk through their issues? Its ok to take a couple of hours off but past that its EMOTIONAL ABUSE PERIOD!

How can you claim to love someone and ignore them? I don't get it. Maybe my idea of love is different.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 22, 2012
Is it so difficult to ignore these kind of men?

This line of men are babies is becoming over rated. There there is no excuse whatsoever for a grown man to act like an eediot. Helloooooo whatever happened to women are the weaker vessel? Have we edited the bible and added "men are babies to it?". The one that almost made me hit my head on my laptop was the usual, If you ignore him another woman will give him attention...I say Goodluck to the woman because honestly, I wouldn't feel safe living in the same house with a man who chooses to talk to me once in a year. I would definitely pack some little bags and stay elsewhere, when he is ready to talk to rectify the issue he knows where to find me and if he insists his lawyer do the talking, then I will have my pen waiting to sign the dotted lines. What is the difference between this OP an a single lady? At least a single lady sef better ,cos she would still be receiving heaps of attention from her "toasters".

This is bullsh*t and I cannot believe people are puttin up with this crap.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by MOBBDEEP: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2012
@ Daviddylan, what happened?
You were not seen again!
You got tired, busy or started selecting threads for comment since, I quite agree that, not all the threads these days are worth commenting on?
I think I started asking few NLders, who are a bit familiar with you, questions about you.
Welcome sir.

@Kobojunkie,
Never knew you were one.
Good to know you have, though arguably, the best personality.

@ All,
I'm so sorry to have left this lovely thread.

I guessed we didn't start ripping apart the issues well.
We need to understand the background from which the malice is stemming from.
For one, malice can stem from show of power or control.
It could be as a result of immaturity as many of you put it.
In the case of the melancholics, I'm so sure it is not of the 2 reasons above but because of severely bruised ego.
We simply withdraw to our cocoons and shut-off, whereas the other personalities will either vent their displeasure in serious aggressions in terms of fight or plot vengeance.
The truth is that you must have pushed your luck too far before you see a melancholic responding with a lasting malice.
The few times I kept malice, what the people did was just too bad & some people could have killed the offender in response.
We can go any length in mortifying ourselves to gratify others or make them happy. We make unbelievable self-sacrifices & I think Jesus & Apostle Paul must have been melancholics !! (Hoping my yansh won't be fried !)
The funny thing is that we are happy doing these but people sometimes take us for ride.
Now, you tell me which one do you prefer in the event of response to being pushed too far, someone who shuts-off or who start waging physical war?
Someone posted before that you hardly find physical abuser among melancholics & it is the truth.

Of course, there has to be a limit to the malice as a reaction.

My post was in response to the malice in the context of personality trait and not the one of power/control show or immaturity display.
We won't be found in the tussle of power-dragging.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Jasiel(f): 9:25am On Dec 22, 2012
Hmmm......
davidylan:

Not true. I have experienced this so so many times to tell you that it is not about "being scared"... to such a person, it is a DELIBERATE way of exercising a sort of power over you. The person does this knowing how much it hurts you on purpose. It is all about punishment, manipulation and spite.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
Hmmm!The quality of some men in Nigeria no wonder the country is in shambles. Parents kindly raise better quality for generation next.Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by shawnmeks: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
It is a terrible situation to find oneself. I'm neck deep in this n my hus has been the malice keeping type from the onset. My mistake was I thot he would change over time but it became worse. We've been married for 3yrs n all thru its been malice. My hus will keep malice at d drop of a hat for months. From d begining, I cried my eyes out cuz I wasn't used to malice n to be ignored by ones hus is better left to imagination. D last major malice we had lasted for 1 whole year, he refused my serving him meals n he refused to sleep on d same bed with me. I tried everything, apologies, seduction, talking matters over, involving 3rd parties but all didn't work. He jxt built a brick wall around himself. But as time went on, I got used to it. I sought my hapiness else where, in friends, chores n activities. It was hard as I almost went insane. I couldn't beliv dat I would pass thru such especially when I am very pretty and attractive.
My antidote: I learnt how to ignore him, live my life without him and I made my kids d center of my world. I tried as much to maintain my weight n look good. I smiled more often and most of all I prayed hard.
He got tired of d malice n still used his ego to get us to settle. I learnt dat he suffered too from d year long malice but his ego kept holding him back.
NB: in trying to pass a silent message to ur wife, u suffer too cuz where there is no peace n harmony, there is no hapines. So malice keeping is d most stupid approad to solving issues. It is so yesterday.
Ladies, get a grip of ur emotions, don't let a heartless over grown baby get d best of u, ur looks and your hapiness. My orders: ignore him big tym, immerse urself in activities, make more friends, both male and female and pray hard. No matter how much he tries to make you feel like shit, I bet u dat if he sees u smiling, hapi, beautiful, appealing n especially when he sees you getting attention outside especially by the male folk, d jealousy in him will drive him back to you even on bended kness. Never ever trade your life n hapiness for a hearrtless malice keepoing husband, I bet u, if u die, he'll marry your best friend!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Shawn, please don't make me faint, 1 year of malice?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Genius100: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
debrief08: If the man of the house cannot solve conflicts like an adult then deal with him the way he acts like a child. I have learnt it is counter productive to reward bad behavior, he acts like that because of the attention he ges from acting out just like a small child does.
He wants to be a baby allow him. Be polite but equally ignore him, when he is done with throwing tantrums and acting like a spoilt child he should come and act like the adult, father and husband he is meant to be.
Why would a grown man be acting like a child and expect to get petted? No wonder marriages keep getting sour, we expect one party to put up with all sorts of things, never have a diffferent veiw or believe. His attitude is bad, he needs to work on it. It is his problem and not her own.
Why should she be the one to beg and crawl because a grown man chooses to act worse than my 3 year old? We keep telling men that they are babies when they are not.

This is a terrible advice. I can bet that the poster is simply not apologising sincerely. When a woman apologises sincerely, hugs her man and perhaps give him one playful yabbis or two, most men will stop quarelling. The poster is probably not apologising and thinking she can just act as if nothing happened. That can never solve the problem.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wow....@shawnmeks

If your mate is totally resistant to any of your efforts at improving the relationship for a month or more then you must face the devastating possibility that he/she may indeed be in the midst if true life crisis,

Involved in a relationship with someone else OR

May have made the decision to end the relationship ( and you don't want to and rather 'face your kids')

Most marriage are worth saving but if it means living with someone who stubbornly resist effort for change for such a long period of time that you have to lose your dignity to stay together embarassed

....It's better to seek a professional help at this point I'm afraid. embarassed
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by greatgod2012(f): 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
shawnmeks: It is a terrible situation to find oneself. I'm neck deep in this n my hus has been the malice keeping type from the onset. My mistake was I thot he would change over time but it became worse. We've been married for 3yrs n all thru its been malice. My hus will keep malice at d drop of a hat for months. From d begining, I cried my eyes out cuz I wasn't used to malice n to be ignored by ones hus is better left to imagination. D last major malice we had lasted for 1 whole year, he refused my serving him meals n he refused to sleep on d same bed with me. I tried everything, apologies, seduction, talking matters over, involving 3rd parties but all didn't work. He jxt built a brick wall around himself. But as time went on, I got used to it. I sought my hapiness else where, in friends, chores n activities. It was hard as I almost went insane. I couldn't beliv dat I would pass thru such especially when I am very pretty and attractive.
My antidote: I learnt how to ignore him, live my life without him and I made my kids d center of my world. I tried as much to maintain my weight n look good. I smiled more often and most of all I prayed hard.
He got tired of d malice n still used his ego to get us to settle. I learnt dat he suffered too from d year long malice but his ego kept holding him back.
NB: in trying to pass a silent message to ur wife, u suffer too cuz where there is no peace n harmony, there is no hapines. So malice keeping is d most stupid approad to solving issues. It is so yesterday.
Ladies, get a grip of ur emotions, don't let a heartless over grown baby get d best of u, ur looks and your hapiness. My orders: ignore him big tym, immerse urself in activities, make more friends, both male and female and pray hard. No matter how much he tries to make you feel like shit, I bet u dat if he sees u smiling, hapi, beautiful, appealing n especially when he sees you getting attention outside especially by the male folk, d jealousy in him will drive him back to you even on bended kness. Never ever trade your life n hapiness for a hearrtless malice keepoing husband, I bet u, if u die, he'll marry your best friend!

thank God you made a good decision for yourself, may Gd continue to be with you and grant you more wisdom.

Some pple sha........... Keeping one year of malice where me even want to keep malice for 12 hours and i couldnt make/achieve it. Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by debosky(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
You need a combination of strategies - be a good wife, but don't indulge the behaviour else it becomes even further entrenched. Reflect on your own character and see ways in which you contribute (but not cause) this behaviour and when he comes out of the mood have constructive conversations about how to prevent/more quickly resolve the issues. I hope for you sake he is willing to change, as there is no way to overcome this type of behaviour if the man himself isn't willing to change.

Like others have said, marriage is for mature individuals, not for people who think everyone must change to suit them or 'manage them' as they are. Both parties need to be willing to resolve disagreements, even when their very nature is against it. There are sufficient external forces militating against marriage to deal with - don't add further issues because of your own undue stubbornness.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by bukatyne(f): 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
Genius100:

This is a terrible advice. I can bet that the poster is simply not apologising sincerely. When a woman apologises sincerely, hugs her man and perhaps give him one playful yabbis or two, most men will stop quarelling. The poster is probably not apologising and thinking she can just act as if nothing happened. That can never solve the problem.
A real genius indeed!
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by debosky(m): 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
Genius100:

Most men don't keep malice for months on end, even if the wife doesn't apologise 'sincerely'. It is quite foolish for any grown person to hold a grudge for that long over mere disagreements even if they are repeated frequently, especially not with someone purportedly your life partner.

This behaviour is abhorrent and should not be sugar coated in any way.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by SisiKill1: 3:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
bukatyne: A real genius indeed!

Tee hee
Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
@ Poster . . .
It's because you are looking at his face. If he ignores you, you ignore him too.
I hate it when grown ups act like kids! angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by DAngelo(m): 4:05pm On Jan 02, 2014
A lot of people on here get it, some others don't. I actually stumbled on this post while googling this subject. As I speak, I am 'keeping malice' with my wife. I hear all the names people like us have been called, but I honestly believe that this is the safest way to resolve a problem without getting violent (and I have in the past). I don't claim to be a saint. I've done all things possible wrong in my marriage, but I refuse to take the entire blame here.

The latest incident stemmed from a simple conversation I was having with my wife, while driving to the shop, which degenerated to her raining insults on me. I parked the car and asked her in different vocal tones, why she felt the need to insult me over nothing. I told her she needed to change. I started the car and drove home. She kept quiet while in the car and declined to continue the shopping. Next thing my wife came talking to me as if nothing had happened between us, complaining of finger aches. I was shocked! No apology, no response, just a simple act as if the whole incident hadn't occurred. I responded to her, told her sorry, but I did so in cold tones, to let her know that I was still upset with her. Next day, it was my wife ignoring me and keeping the 'malice'. Now, someone in this forum would like me to walk up to her and talk to her about the sad way she is behaving again?

It's been 1 week now, and she wished me a happy new year, to which I grudgingly responded, but she doesn't acknowledge me otherwise. She is yet to apologize and she has gone further to tell lies to who would listen about why we are quarreling.

I'm not here to say that malice works, neither am I here to sing its praises, but please tell me how to communicate with a woman that you cannot communicate with? A woman who finds it so easy to verbally abuse you at the slightest bit of tension? I have a short temper, and I can get very angry, but ignoring her and walking away has been a safe strategy for quite a while. Women always ask men to be men, tell me what is stopping a whole host of women in our generation from being women? Do some of them even know what that means these days? When we start these discussions, some ladies quickly push the 'be a man' card, at the same time, they quickly refuse to be mothers or submissive, all in the bid to be enlightened. If I am not a man because I choose to keep to myself when my wife isn't mature enough to accept that she did wrong, what does that make her?

What pisses me off with some posters is that they are quick to call people names, yet neglecting the shortcomings of those who provoke this sort of behaviors in people like us. Someone here says we should excuse women for being naggers, but they cannot stand men who are 'naturally babies'. I love my wife, and I would do anything to keep her happy all the time, but I cannot continue to endure the verbal abuse I receive, in private and in public. I end my tirade with a reminder that I haven't always been an angel, which should show that I have a sense of when I'm at fault.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
DAngelo: A lot of people on here get it, some others don't. I actually stumbled on this post while googling this subject. As I speak, I am 'keeping malice' with my wife. I hear all the names people like us have been called, but I honestly believe that this is the safest way to resolve a problem without getting violent (and I have in the past). I don't claim to be a saint. I've done all things possible wrong in my marriage, but I refuse to take the entire blame here.

The latest incident stemmed from a simple conversation I was having with my wife, while driving to the shop, which degenerated to her raining insults on me. I parked the car and asked her in different vocal tones, why she felt the need to insult me over nothing. I told her she needed to change. I started the car and drove home. She kept quiet while in the car and declined to continue the shopping. Next thing my wife came talking to me as if nothing had happened between us, complaining of finger aches. I was shocked! No apology, no response, just a simple act as if the whole incident hadn't occurred. I responded to her, told her sorry, but I did so in cold tones, to let her know that I was still upset with her. Next day, it was my wife ignoring me and keeping the 'malice'. Now, someone in this forum would like me to walk up to her and talk to her about the sad way she is behaving again?

It's been 1 week now, and she wished me a happy new year, to which I grudgingly responded, but she doesn't acknowledge me otherwise. She is yet to apologize and she has gone further to tell lies to who would listen about why we are quarreling.

I'm not here to say that malice works, neither am I here to sing its praises, but please tell me how to communicate with a woman that you cannot communicate with? A woman who finds it so easy to verbally abuse you at the slightest bit of tension? I have a short temper, and I can get very angry, but ignoring her and walking away has been a safe strategy for quite a while. Women always ask men to be men, tell me what is stopping a whole host of women in our generation from being women? Do some of them even know what that means these days? When we start these discussions, some ladies quickly push the 'be a man' card, at the same time, they quickly refuse to be mothers or submissive, all in the bid to be enlightened. If I am not a man because I choose to keep to myself when my wife isn't mature enough to accept that she did wrong, what does that make her?

What pisses me off with some posters is that they are quick to call people names, yet neglecting the shortcomings of those who provoke this sort of behaviors in people like us. Someone here says we should excuse women for being naggers, but they cannot stand men who are 'naturally babies'. I love my wife, and I would do anything to keep her happy all the time, but I cannot continue to endure the verbal abuse I receive, in private and in public. I end my tirade with a reminder that I haven't always been an angel, which should show that I have a sense of when I'm at fault.

How did the world or some people in the world come to the conclusion that men are naturally babies. This natural babies thing kinda makes marriage hard for a woman. A man can choose to act like a baby or be real and simply accept the fact that he is a full grown married man and an adult and this territory comes with enormous responsibility,compromises,humility etc you can no longer afford to expect to be pampered when there is conflict you address it not wait for wifey to realise her fault, you straight up address it. No need to sulk i bet this will shock her she is used to the malice dynamic in your marriage.

Reality is you are a man false belief and conditioning is men are naturally babies shred this belief immediately and replace it with a healthier one- you are a man. A full blown adult and she is not your mommy first, she is your wife.
So your wife came to you and started talking like nothing had happened and your ego came on as in she can't even apologise, who does she think she is, what does she take me for? Its your marriage too and you are in it. There is an opening to ease the tension always take it, not every woman knows the next step to take to make it alright, this is an opportunity to lead by example you could have talked to her and taken the converse back to the issue that caused the upset, i feel you should have expressed how bad she made you feel and the fact that you will not tolerate this kind of behaviour.

You don't need to shout at her to make your point or be rude. Just make your point and don't do it jokingly make it serious so she'll know how much she hurt you. The more you keep at this game of showing each other at who can go the longest at malice keeping the more you wear down your marriage and before you know it you are bitter.

I know how men shut down and sometimes expect a woman to just read them but hey we are humans like you we don't read minds and you are not a baby really you are not you don't cry when you need something or don't like something you speak out. You need to learn how to verbally express your self and stand up for what you want and reject what you don't want without trading insults or rude words. Its your marriage too not just hers make it work and really you are not a baby you are a full grown MAN. Blame solves nothing so instead of blaming address and resolve issues.

If your expectation was to marry and be one of the kids well its time to come up with new and healthy 2014 expectations like being a man and it means taking the lead role.

Most men are Ego driven but many times to be happy in marriage you need to put it aside instead of trying to change her, you change yourself. You are a man be the bigger and better party, you lead she follows don't be the baby.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by DAngelo(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
@andromida, thanks for your post, but once again the assumptions, the clichės et al, it always comes to this. I never accepted being the baby or expected to be one of the kids. Here's what I expected: I expected to love my wife and I expected my wife to respect me and be submissive. Did you read where I wrote that I talked to her about the way she spoke to me? So I'm a baby because I realize that talking to my wife is nearly an exercise in futility but somehow it's normal for her not to realize that I'm hurting even when I've explained to her in plain terms that I didn't like what she did?

Then there's the talk about ego. Ego is always spoken of as if it applies only to the male gender, like women don't have an ego. I wish people would live under my roof and see what I go through and come back to this forum to talk big. I'm all for advice, but people should empathize, try to see things from people's views. Maybe my post wasn't clear enough or explicit and your conclusions were drawn from my words, but please let me make it clearer that at no point did I state that I wanted to be mummied by my wife. I simply stated that if people are willing to excuse women for being childish, nags or insensitive (I just picked this one up from your post), then men should be excused if they sometimes act like babies or have ego-trips. But that's not my case here.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by troy20(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
DAngelo: @andromida, thanks for your post, but once again the assumptions, the clichės et al, it always comes to this. I never accepted being the baby or expected to be one of the kids. Here's what I expected: I expected to love my wife and I expected my wife to respect me and be submissive. Did you read where I wrote that I talked to her about the way she spoke to me? So I'm a baby because I realize that talking to my wife is nearly an exercise in futility but somehow it's normal for her not to realize that I'm hurting even when I've explained to her in plain terms that I didn't like what she did?

Then there's the talk about ego. Ego is always spoken of as if it applies only to the male gender, like women don't have an ego. I wish people would live under my roof and see what I go through and come back to this forum to talk big. I'm all for advice, but people should empathize, try to see things from people's views. Maybe my post wasn't clear enough or explicit and your conclusions were drawn from my words, but please let me make it clearer that at no point did I state that I wanted to be mummied by my wife. I simply stated that if people are willing to excuse women for being childish, nags or insensitive (I just picked this one up from your post), then men should be excused if they sometimes act like babies or have ego-trips. But that's not my case here.
let it go man its the 21century society we live in now.A society producing hugely flawed women who try to make up for it by claiming rights to their drawn lists of what it means to be a MAN.maturity is expected of a man but not expected of a wife? is a good, responsible woman suppose to act like a child?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice by dinachi(m): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
jennykadry: Is it so difficult to ignore these kind of men?
This line of men are babies is becoming over rated. There there is no excuse whatsoever for a grown man to act like an eediot. Helloooooo whatever happened to women are the weaker vessel? Have we edited the bible and added "men are babies to it?". The one that almost made me hit my head on my laptop was the usual, If you ignore him another woman will give him attention...I say Goodluck to the woman because honestly, I wouldn't feel safe living in the same house with a man who chooses to talk to me once in a year. I would definitely pack some little bags and stay elsewhere, when he is ready to talk to rectify the issue he knows where to find me and if he insists his lawyer do the talking, then I will have my pen waiting to sign the dotted lines. What is the difference between this OP an a single lady? At least a single lady sef better ,cos she would still be receiving heaps of attention from her "toasters".
This is bullsh*t and I cannot believe people are puttin up with this crap.

This is the worst kind of immature silliest comment I have ever heard in Nairaland! No man I repeat no man carries a grudge for months on flimsy offense. The likely thing is that the OP is taking her husband for granted and ignoring her is the best way to deal with it. I can tell you that the man is seriously hurting inside. OP should thank her stars a lot of men are very gentle if not she for hear am!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son / I Iron My Clothes With Gas Because Of No Electricity (photo) / Wife Remarries In Husband’s Home Takes Children, Property Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.