Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here (2870 Views)

List of Some Fields of Engineering / Please Which Of The Engineering Fields Has The Widest Range Of Application / Varying Salaries In Different Fields (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Morgan1092(m): 8:44am On Dec 20, 2012
Hi Great Engineers! Wht branch of Engineering did u study, what re d challenges in school ova d field and how re u finding d proffession now? Do u hav any regret studying it? And wht en-/discouragement wil u giv 2 some 1 who wants 2 study d same branch of engineering as urs?

For me: I studied Chemical Engineering (War head), though it wasn't an easy 1 back in school due 2 lack of practicals. But now am enjoying d career because am in2 Graduate Training programme in Cement Production, where i hv met d practical aspect of wht i studied. My encouragement goes 2 any 1 who has d passion 2 study Chemical Engineering, jst kip ur fingers crossed, be focused n study hard, and u wil find d course easy. Ova 2u NL!

1 Like

Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by coruso(m): 11:06am On Dec 20, 2012
i actually studied electrical engr. i think this is the right parth for me. right now am gaining practical knowledge , while waiting to go for service
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Morgan1092(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2012
coruso: i actually studied electrical engr. i think this is the right parth for me. right now am gaining practical knowledge , while waiting to go for service
Dats a gud 1. Wht re u doing dat is givn u d practical xperience. Share wit us
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by mhm(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
studied Electrical Engineering, but not worked as an engineer for about 9 years, find it awfully boring.
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Morgan1092(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
mhm: studied Electrical Engineering, but not worked as an engineer for about 9 years, find it awfully boring.
Was dat nt ur dream course, wht hapn?
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by mhm(m): 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
I think I studied it because my parents and uncles were all engineers, and funny enough I actually graduated at the top of my class. however upon graduation the jobs I kept getting were not engineering related. so hence the deviation, it wasn't really a choice to deviate.

but looking back now at what my friends do in engineering, I don't miss it. I just guess that I have a preference for jobs of a commercial nature, selling, finance etc.

not to say that engineering is not also a very good profession oh
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Morgan1092(m): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
mhm:
Its ok! No big deal abt dat, 4 d fact dat wht u re doing is legal, n u re earning a living 4rm it.
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by peachezncream(f): 12:50am On Dec 23, 2012
I just graduated from uni this month and as a young lady, i must say I'm proud to be a Software Engineer. The work is really challenging, detail oriented and sometimes tedious. You must be prepared to keep learning new languages, new programming paradigms nd new development environments.

1 Like

Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Morgan1092(m): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2012
peachez'n'cream:
I just graduated from uni this month and as a young lady, i must say I'm proud to be a Software Engineer. The work is really challenging, detail oriented and sometimes tedious. You must be prepared to keep learning new languages, new programming paradigms nd new development environments.
Dats a gud 1 4rm u. U hav 2 b more focus, cos learning new computer programmes is like trying 2 speak many languages. Gud luck
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by iweoru: 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
I studied Chemical Engineering and I work as a process engineer designing separation and mass transfer equipment for (mainly) the oil and gas industry. But sometimes my projects include environmental or biological requests from customers. A part of me wants to work in civil engineering so that I can help develop African infrastructure. The reason I chose chemical engineering was because chemistry is the fundamental basis of all life and the engineering aspect of my profession would allow me to apply it to practical issues.

My words of advice are to love what you do and do not make decisions which will negatively affect others. The primary responsibility of the engineer is to put others first before their own personal needs. We try to create solutions and not create new problems. It is a humbling task.

3 Likes

Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Morgan1092(m): 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
iwe oru: I studied Chemical Engineering and I work as a process engineer designing separation and mass transfer equipment for (mainly) the oil and gas industry. But sometimes my projects include environmental or biological requests from customers. A part of me wants to work in civil engineering so that I can help develop African infrastructure. The reason I chose chemical engineering was because chemistry is the fundamental basis of all life and the engineering aspect of my profession would allow me to apply it to practical issues.

My words of advice are to love what you do and do not make decisions which will negatively affect others. The primary responsibility of the engineer is to put others first before their own personal needs. We try to create solutions and not create new problems. It is a humbling task.
Nice 1 man. Dats a gud encouragement 2 d up coming war heads.
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by deolub: 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
smiley wink cheesy
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Drdaps(m): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2012
thank God 'm a surveyor.
I am independence
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by yamakuza: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2012
Drdaps: thank God 'm a surveyor.
I am independence

i'm Anniversary.

Pleased to meet you !

1 Like

Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by nitrogen(m): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
Drdaps: thank God 'm a surveyor.
I am independence

yamakuza:

i'm Anniversary.

Pleased to meet you !

grin grin grin grin grin

I am 'october 1st'.

You both are Welcome to my world!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by yemmyma: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
yamakuza:

i'm Anniversary.

Pleased to meet you !

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh smiley
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by yamakuza: 5:29am On Dec 28, 2012
lol, i just couldnt resist that.

hope our engineers didnt mind the brief entertainment interlude?

Happy Holidays, y'all !
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by ameh43: 6:52am On Dec 28, 2012
I studied electrical and electronics down there in sch. It wasnt easy cus i wasnt involved practically. Am out now seriously, i want to get practical knowledge in communication but haven't goten any place shall
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Basichus: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2012
i am still in skul,studying computer engineering.though it was the course i dreamed of,but due to the academic situation of our country,i find it very difficult.
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2012
I'm a little bit confused about
this....if I want to become a
software engineer or
programmer....will I read software
engineering or programming as a
course or I will read computer
science as a course....and what ȋ̝̊̅§
exactly IT,what are IT jobs
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by toby2(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2012
Am an elect/elect student in d making. But would love to know if i shoul continue as Hnd or Bsc, cos i'll soon be tru wif ma nd
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by yamakuza: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
to+by:
Am an elect/elect student in d making. But would love to know if i shoul continue as Hnd or Bsc, cos i'll soon be tru wif ma nd
go for BSc, if you can.

if not, aim for MSc after your HND

ahmedgafar7: I'm a little bit confused about
this....if I want to become a
software engineer or
programmer....will I read software
engineering or programming as a
course or I will read computer
science as a course....and what ȋ̝̊̅§
exactly IT,what are IT jobs

go for Software Engineering if you can. if not, CS will do.

IT? IT jobs? Google IT!
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by osram(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2012
ameh43: I studied electrical and electronics down there in sch. It wasnt easy cus i wasnt involved practically. Am out now seriously, i want to get practical knowledge in communication but haven't goten any place shall
can any1 who study ur course work in d oil industry?n pls wt r d job prospects.tnx
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Morgan1092(m): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2012
deolub: ...hmmmm *sighs* presently am in the banking sector (don't ask me why) probably cos of the very attractive pay...but gradually I am finding my way back to structural engineering...cos I am still very passionate about it...
Hmmm! Hmmm!! Neva mind as far as it put food on ur table n u re happy abt it. Gud luck
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by iweoru: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
I hope you eventually find a job related to your career path. Engineering is a very emotionally and mentally rewarding career path. It can be stressful at times when dealing with some customers. But when you see the impact of your work, you will really appreciate your abilities. Don't give up on your dream; money isn't everything.

deolub: I studied civil engineering....graduated with a good result and I am so much passionate about the profession....started with construction then consulting then some energy company experience...hmmmm *sighs* presently am in the banking sector (don't ask me why) probably cos of the very attractive pay...but gradually I am finding my way back to structural engineering...cos I am still very passionate about it...
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by oremisussan: 7:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Nice thread. I am a graduate chemical engineer, expertly skilled with AutoCAD 2D/3D. Not laid hands on any "real" job yet.

Months back, I stumbled on a website/forum for Nigerian Engineers, thought to share here.
The Engineering Network: www.engineer-ng.net

Good to know Engineers now understand how networking helps
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by Zikstar4me(m): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2012
Hy, i aspire to be an elect/elect eng. But i want to know what are the likely places you can work at, can u be self employed( i mean not going out of ur elect/elect field but using ur profesional skils to be on ur own).
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by chineji(m): 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
Just passed out of secondary school last year had a fairly good WAEC result 1A and 6Bs and would love to be a marine engineer I love the maritime sector the open sea and all that
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by itunu8(f): 5:08am On Jan 02, 2013
Am currently studying agricultural engineering... Anyone who has an idea of where I can possibly do my I.T thanks
Re: Engineers From All Fields Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 1:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Engineering again embarassed

Too many MCs, not enough mics jare tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Sites That Are Better Than Rev.com ($900 Weekly) / Professional Interior Design And Decoration Training In Ibadan / How Much Does Marie Stopes International Pay Their Experienced Hires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.