Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV (7517 Views)

Do People Still Watch Local TV Stations? / Nigerian Stations Not Showing On DSTV / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by maclatunji: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2012
Watch More Local Stations not DStv For News, DG NOA tells Nigerians

Speaking as a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, Mr Omeri queried Nigerians who complained that there are not aware of the activities of his agency.

He said: “I have discovered something, like I said, I have travelled over 20, 000Km since I took office. I have met people who say they have not seen me even in their states but then when I ask them what do they watch? They watch CNN, they are always on DStv watching other programmes; they don’t watch local stations.”

Mr Omeri said because Nigerians are always watching programmes on Digital Satellite television (DStv), the NOA may have to broadcast its information through that channel.

He however advised that “Nigerians must begin to look inward and look at their stations for news and things that interest them and are happening within their communities.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/20/watch-more-local-stations-not-dstv-for-news-dg-noa-tells-nigerians/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by maclatunji: 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Havilah93(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2012
...and what do local stations have to offer ooo?

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by savcy(m): 9:00am On Dec 21, 2012
Like N T A abi??

#yawn#

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by realmscape: 9:01am On Dec 21, 2012
most of nigerian tv stations have little or nothing to offer, so y waste ma time when i have more educative programmes going on NAT GEO WILD....
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by ebamma3: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2012
If you bring supersport and african magic to nta we will stop watching Dstv

4 Likes

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2012
International stations are setting the pace for us(local stations) to follow!! So when AIT, NTA and co can upgrade their services to a HD standard, then we watch! For now DSTV rocks

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Omeri has gotten High! His hands are up in Sky! When I see him passing by, everybody knows his high! High! High! High! And it's ova for him!
What the french has local stations got to offer? Only religious programs, religious programs, and even more religious programs.
All hail the garri Mr. Omeri just smoked.

5 Likes

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by realmscape: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2012
2ND TO COMMENT AND 3RD ...DANCING ALANTA grin
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by ba7man(m): 9:02am On Dec 21, 2012
You are more inspired, enlightened, entertained, educated etc watching foreign stations. You learn how not to do "it" and you can apply these lessons to the Nigerian situation. Nigerian Media is just filled with depressing news of crime and corruption, boring programs, wacked,uninspiring presenters and poor viewing quality.....Nd they expect us to stay glued to that?? Solve these problems first b4 clamouring for viewership.

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by kevoh(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2012
Ban DSTV tongue , revive HiTV and most importantly give out quality production and good content (get the journalists to do serious journalism)on NTA. Who would want to watch news with dull pictures on NTA when you can get crispy clear HD pictures on CNN with good content.
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by omarky(m): 9:03am On Dec 21, 2012
Local station hass nothing to offer... The only thing they know how to do is to make noise on the activities of the state and federal government.....

3 Likes

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by 2goodbobo(m): 9:04am On Dec 21, 2012
When you improve your production and good service delivery, let me know. As for my and my family is DSTV all the way. How do you expect me to chose 100naira when I have the liberty to 100doller? Even shoe sef get size
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Abujafood: 9:06am On Dec 21, 2012
Hell No, I'll rather not watch TV at all than to just watch only NTA and AIT, I'll die of boredom!
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2012
quoi? station locale mon a$$, i cant stand my kids watching some st.tupid awkward programs that only dulls the mind of the watcher,
no inspirations,
17th century entertainment
ugly looking politicians debating
religious minions talking trash
boring advertisements
clueless/brainless presenters
moi je n' aime pas les station de locale pasque c’est un toxique de mon mentality.
in fact, kids who watch foreign station programes are more enlightened & inspired that those that watch NTA and co...

6 Likes

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2012
which of the local channels? A.I.T , NTA , MITV ,or which one when it is only so so fake achievements of sponsored political retardens we will be seen every day. NA BILLION ,BILLION, WE GO THEY HEAR, NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT.
I BET IT BY THE TIME WE VISIT THIS MAN'S HOUSE, WE WONT SEE NOTHING LESS THAN 5 DSTV CABLES AND DECODERS -1 for daddy room, 1 for mummy room, each one for his children room, one for dogs house to watch tom and jerry or catoon network and one for visitors room that will come visiting once in a year. I BEG WHERE IS MY REMOTE CONTROL MAKE I WATCH AFRICAN MAGIC MAKE I COOL TEMPER

5 Likes

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by firestar(f): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2012
Are they serious? undecided
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by phrancys001(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2012
So hypocritical ! Can he swear he. Doesn't have a DSTV decoder at home.
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by stalyf(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2012
Not when I have NatGeo wild, Supersport and Discovery channel. I dislike NTA personally although I do see silverbird programs once in a while.

3rd to comment. Ahhahahahhah
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Sunymoore(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2012
Let 'em Clear their pics quality, cause it always injured my eye
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by miteolu(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2012
[size=20pt]Can local stations view all EPL, UEFA, LA LIGA matches NO - so NOA DG is joking [/size]

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by safarigirl(f): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2012
I'm sure this man must be using DSTV PVR in his home and even pays Premium subscriber, even the Channels tv must be using same in their office

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by ocelot2006(m): 9:19am On Dec 21, 2012
Does the DG know that NTA International, AIT, Channels TV, NN4, LTV, Silverbird, and a number of Nigerian stations are on DSTV? 'guess no one told him that.
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by stacomaster(m): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2012
Mak ah cme De Watch B0mb blast Ko.. Mtcheew ..MBC Abeq next m0vie

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by deltaforce7(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2012
Oga NOA , well said. You people should make our local TV stations interesting to watch. NTA is dead spot.
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by ITbomb(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2012
omarky: Local station hass nothing to offer... The only thing they know how to do is to make noise on the activities of the state and federal government.....
Of course that is the main reason he say u should watch local stations.
He has a lot of free air time to talk govt 'achievements' on local tv and he is raged that people don't watch him
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by SBabaJ(m): 9:24am On Dec 21, 2012
Taking 'Local' Down To It's True 'Local' Meaning To Me Right Now Would Mean NTA Ilorin & KWTV.... Both Stations Are Way Below Average.

1 Like

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 21, 2012
La Professeur: quoi? station locale mon a$$, i cant stand my kids watching some st.tupid awkward programs that only dulls the mind of the watcher,
no inspirations,
17th century entertainment
ugly looking politicians debating
religious minions talking trash
boring advertisements
clueless/brainless presenters
moi je n' aime pas les station de locale pasque c’est un toxique de mon mentality.
in fact, kids who watch foreign station programes are more enlightened & inspired that those that watch NTA and co...

exactly, imagine Anmbra Broadcasting Service ABS spent almost 12hrs everyday showing the governor and his wife touring road construction sites, and my kids are watching , i just removed the chanel and put cartoon for them, am going to buy dst today today

2 Likes

Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by ojbaba95(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2012
E be ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ say d man D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ weed,wetin him pikin and housewives D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch for him doormouth.Ђδω much naija govt where him D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ siphon money D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ collect frm multichoice.cheap hypocrite.
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by deandavid(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2012
nta upgrade to hd, start live epl matches, movie channel both foreign and local, music channels, documentaries. Then u ll get 150 million people watching nta. If nt dstv south africa will continue to smile to the bank. Who lose? :Pnta upgrade to hd, start live epl matches, movie channel both foreign and local, music channels, documentaries. Then u ll get 150 million people watching nta. If nt dstv south africa will continue to smile to the bank. Who lose?
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Shaw007(m): 9:37am On Dec 21, 2012
Havilah93: ...and what do local stations have to offer ooo?
LOVELy questIon,i'v been LOoking 4 a right way 2 put it . . .
Re: National Orientatation Agency DG Asks Nigerians To Watch Local Stations Not DSTV by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr. President:

exactly, imagine Anmbra Broadcasting Service ABS spent almost 12hrs everyday showing the governor and his wife touring road construction sites, and my kids are watching , i just removed the chanel and put cartoon for them, am going to buy dst today today

i saw dana crash on France24 breaking news flash then i tuned to NTA for more detail and they were showing 1998 wrestling..what a shame, the other day it took them until the next day to announce the bayelsa helicopter crash with their erroneous reporters.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fans Of The Dance Crew / Need Names Of The Most Recent Romantic Nigerian Movies Worth Watching / Comedy Video: House Of Ajebo “the Killer”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.