Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:09 AM

Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 (7237 Views)

Emmanuel Uduaghan Receives Silverbird Man Of The Year Award / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / Politics Section Poster Of The Year 2012 - Katz, Gbawe & Naptu are finalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by olybob: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
ferhyntorlah: The nominees for the Silverbird man of the year 2012 are:

1. Akinwunmi Adesina-Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development

2. Mohammed Abubakar-Inspector General of Police

3. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala-Minister of Finance
[img]http://3.bp..com/-WOL_86c7W-c/UIMmWC1_dyI/AAAAAAAACwA/zoBW9RqwdyE/s320/ngozi-okonjo-iweala.jpg[/img]

4. Shamsudden Usman-Minister of National Planning

5. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu-ACN Chieftain & former Lagos State governor
[img]http://2.bp..com/-qXfqnAPLScg/UNJ3XhLivxI/AAAAAAABG5U/qDe3mGCJJes/s320/...05.jpg[/img]

6. Sule Lamido- Jigawa State governor
[img]http://2.bp..com/-A27MnZecZT4/UNJ3TBQdr5I/AAAAAAABG5M/DmLQC3OT244/s280/...90.jpg[/img]

7. Ahmadu Giade-National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Chairman

Guys, who do you think should win?

Past winners are:
2011-Gov. Godswill Akpabio & Aliko Dangote(joint winners)
2010-Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
2009-Mike Adenuga
2008-Adams Oshiomhole
2007-Nuhu Ribadu
2006-Nasir El Rufai
2005-Dora Akunyili
me no wnt knw wu win bt I prefer TINUBU. JAGABAN 1.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Mustay(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
I'd give it to Akinwiunmi Adesina, the other choices had -ishes for me or the other during the past year to tarnish their 'white cards'.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by MurderX: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
Give it to the Police Chief - he's done a great job.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Technocracy: 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2012
I sincerely do think the minister for Agriculture deserves a win, for iweala, we need her to entrench more fiscal responsibility in the government,for sule lamido, your son who has a case of money laundering pulled u down,and for tinubu and others i dont think u have the intrest of nigeria over ur personal intrest.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Emmy9ite(m): 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mr. Ngozi iweala
she is the man of the year
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
The Inspector General of Police
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Dsage1: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2012
Jarus: Adesina is doing a quiet job in agric. He is it for me.

On what grounds? Useless ministry since the inception of democracy in 1999.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Mosje(m): 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2012
Asiwaju for sure
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by advocate007(m): 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2012
Shamsudeen usman......a man of integrity.....d planners planner of all d beautiful policies of this regimme.....,ranging from soverign wealth fund,....ministers performance measurement......,etc
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by gregg2: 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
Either Okonjo Iweala or Adesina. Despite the flood, famine nor food prices did not increase.

What is Tinubu's name doing there?
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by kelvino25(m): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2012
Delible: What is NDLEA chairman doing there. He messed up Baba suwe's case. The agency also stand loosing N25M for negligience.
This is not negligence, african magic in action.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
Pls NONE of them deserve any award. As for d ceremony itself, I consider a big scam. Just another lobbying mechanism to ensure d Silverbird Group remains in good standing with d FGN. D fact dat Madam Ngozi Iweala and Tinubu made d nominee list this year, lends more credence to this fact. Scam!!!
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by taharqa: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Omen100:

y are nigerians still deceiving themselves, who told u that our population is up 170million citizens? subtract the total amount of people has died as a result of boko haram bombing, road accidents, various planes crash(including naval choppers, police that killed deputy I.G), armed robbery attacks, illness, natural death, AIDS, those that died as a results of old age & e.t.c. you will be surprised to that the Nigerian total population has reduced by 25%, which will bring us to total of 127.8millions. yes you will be quick to say, children are being deliver everyday, but how many of these children will survive the harsh conditions that they are being exposed to?

Guy, You gat OUTSTANDING FOOOLISHNESS.....well done, e no easy..
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by taharqa: 10:20pm On Dec 20, 2012
Jarus: Adesina is doing a quiet job in agric. He is it for me.

My thoughts too...
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Ninilowo(m): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
SEUN OSEWA for bringing garri issue to d front page sometimes ago grin
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by GEJPFOOD: 12:05am On Dec 21, 2012
Okija_juju: .Names that should have made the list

1. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - Although he disappointed me with that 5000 Naira note rubbish..

2. Gov. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi

3. Gov. Godswill Apkabio

In the Absence of that, give it to the Igbo woman.. Madam Okonjo Iweala

Why should they give it to CO-ORDINATING MINISTER OF CRIMINLAS(Ngozi)? Give me ur reason for that!
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by boban007: 12:22am On Dec 21, 2012
JAGABAN TINUBU,all the way.it takes a man with a million lives to fight the FG and survive let alone win elections.ask Buhari.TINUBU the Lion of bourdillon revolutionising and liberating nigeria and nigerians as a whole.no politician has this mans GUT.he is nigeria's MAN OF THE CENTURY.take it or leave it.if not for him,nigeria would ve been a one party state.

1 Like

Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by ldpele(m): 4:43am On Dec 21, 2012
Okija_juju: .Names that should have made the list

1. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi - Although he disappointed me with that 5000 Naira note rubbish..

2. Gov. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi

3. Gov. Godswill Apkabio

In the Absence of that, give it to the Igbo woman.. Madam Okonjo Iweala
Gov Rotimi,what d sake of? been d chairman of the gov forum.mtchews
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Solozzo(m): 5:18am On Dec 21, 2012
Gov Sule Lamido for promoting girl-child education.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by stantob(m): 5:31am On Dec 21, 2012
REVOLUTNIS: Boko Haram
CORRECT AND G.E.J grin
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by seunadeolu(m): 6:25am On Dec 21, 2012
Idowuogbo,Sexkillz, 190 the clown, it modella and the rest of the gang are missing on the list! undecided shocked
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by bigsheg(m): 6:47am On Dec 21, 2012
I would pick the I.G anytime.He has successfully EJECTED those men in Black from our streets.Thats a cause to celebrate...
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by GeJ79: 7:33am On Dec 21, 2012
ON THAT LIST.....NOOOOO BOOOO DDDD YYYYYYYY
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by braxjay(m): 7:49am On Dec 21, 2012
why am i not on the list, i should be the man of the year grin
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by fesse(f): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2012
The I.G of police should win.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Freeprof(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2012
Yez, they made the organizer's prerequisites for the nomination... But i believe these nominees are 'Silverbird's Men Of The Year' and not Nigerian Men of The Year. What ever criterium they used in the selection, these men in my own view do not fit the crown.... Imagine A.Tinubu is nominated.! What impact has he created this year? And others there are not without flaws.! Pls the nominees should be well appraised.
Can't Vote 4 Any..!!! tongue
Can't Vote 4 Any..!!!
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by Profidada: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2012
Personally nobody in that list deserves the award. I dont know what is wrong with silverbird group, i mean is it a must that somebody must win in every year. They should learn from the mo ibrahim award of leadership in africa.
Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by nollywood20: 2:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
Silverbird is playing lip service and eye service politics to curry favour by only selecting these nominees.

They forgot to even nominate Chief Tony Okoronji who is doing what no one else has ever done for entertainers in the history of Nigeria by fighting and winning the battles for royalties for Nigerian artistes who have been cheated and denied their due royalties for decades and many of them have died without collecting any royalty.
But on Tuesday, December 11, 2012, Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) paid out N100 million to Nigerian artistes and last Saturday COSON paid N3.06 Million To Rev. Ebenezer Obey the first tranche of copyright royalty.

Chief Tony Okoroji is Chairman of the COSON Board. Tony Okoroji’s first recorded works are contained in his 1976 album, Super Sure released while he was eighteen years old. Okoroji however came to national limelight in the early eighties with his release of several cross over songs such as Juliana, Oriaku, Mama & Papa, Wishing You Well, Locomotion, Otanishi, etc all of which became national favorites. .He was simultaneously engaged as a music producer by the international recording company, EMI.

At 29 years old, Chief Okoroji was elected National President of Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN). Despite being the youngest president in the history of the association, he went on to transform the hitherto little known body into one of the nation’s most powerful professional associations. Chief Okoroji led the team that spread the tentacles of PMAN to every nook and cranny of Nigeria and won national and international respect for Nigerian musicians.

As an activist leader, Chief Okoroji mounted an unrelenting campaign for the review of the nation’s copyright laws, organizing demonstrations across the country which forced the hands of the military government. He was eventually appointed by the Federal Government into the Committees that redrafted both the Nigerian Copyright Law and its first amendment. He also led the vanguard for the establishment of the Nigerian Copyright Commission and served twice on the Board of he Commission. Chief Okoroji is today one of Nigeria’s most respected authorities on Intellectual Property and his continues to be an unrelenting voice in the campaign for the rights of creative people.

Chief Tony Okoroji created and launched the famous Nigerian Music Awards, Africa’s first internationally respected entertainment award event which has played host to Heads of State, Ambassadors, Ministers, Governors and stars from all over the world. As a social activist, he has served in many capacities including being a member of the Lagos State Police/Community Relations Committee.

Chief Okoroji attended College of Immaculate Conception Enugu where he obtained his West African School Certificate in Division One. He holds a Degree in Business Administration from Delta State University, Abraka where he graduated as best student. He also holds both a Diploma in Business & Industrial Law and an Advanced Diploma in Commercial Law & Practice from the University of Lagos where he set a record of graduating with a Distinction in both sets.

Tony Okoroji is a prolific writer and public speaker. He has written extensively on copyright, attended many courses around the world on copyright and collective management and presented over one hundred papers on copyright and the entertainment industry. His book, Copyright & the New Millionaires (the twists and turns in Nigeria) published in 2009 has received great acclaim locally and internationally.

Chief Tony Okoroji who has dedicated a life time to the development of popular music in Nigeria is a winner of many awards including the Pan African Arts and Music Award. He is CEO of TOPS LTD, a Lagos based entertainment and events consultancy firm.

Re: Who Wins Silverbird Man Of The Year 2012 by nollywood20: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nigerians Report in our unique tradition of honouring only those who deserve to be honoured with all the glory to God is proud to honour Chief Tony Okoroji, Chairman of Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) as The Nigerian Person of the Year 2012 in recognition of the unprecedented achievements of Chief Tony Okoroji in fighting and winning the battles for the royalties of Nigerian artistes who have been cheated and denied their dues for decades and many of them have died without collecting any royalty. No one has ever done what Chief Okoroji is doing for the commonwealth of Nigerian artistes and the advancement of the entertainment industry in the history of Nigeria.

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012, Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) paid out N100 million to Nigerian artistes and last Saturday COSON paid N3.06 Million to one of the pillars of Juju music in Nigeria, Rev. Ebenezer Obey the first tranche of copyright royalty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Action From Shell, Nigeria On Ogoniland Pollution Report – Amnesty / Someone has Provided Evidence exposing Amaechi & Fashola As Hypocritical Liars / "Hope Uzodinma Infected My Wife With HIV-AIDS" - Godwin Ebubeagu Ekenulo (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.