Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,769 members, 7,802,354 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death (30142 Views)

Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Patience Jonathan Weeps Over Yakowa’s Death / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by nagoma(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2012
Homebaked: Your comment presupposes that muslims are being treated unfairly by all these accusations of being terrorists while clearly christians commit worse crimes and don't get black listed.Well, muslims can hardly be divorced from their religion. What do you say of the chap that goes abombing in the name of the faith and gives praises to Allah for the success. The connecticut dude did not give Jesus any credit for his action neither did any christian sect roll out drums in high praises to God for the killing.Can this be said about muslims?if someone named Mohammed robs a bank, he is simply a robber but if a religious group claims responsibity and proclaims mohammed a hero then what do you expect?

Yes you are right, like the pastors claiming that the money the extort from their naive congregation is for Jesus , while many of us know better.( both groups are mischivious and wicked , they are not working for religion). However you have not addressed the issue he raised more related to this thread- the celebration by Christians for the vacancy created by Yakowa's death.

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by nagoma(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2012
If indeed anybody celebrated Yakowa's death , the fellow is short sighted , foolish and evil. It will be in the worst of taste to celebrate someone's death.
Having said that you will all know that deaths have been celebrated in nigeria.

1. Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello had their deaths celebrated among certain tribal groups who taunted the northerners by Displaying nzegwu's picture and pointing out to any northerner passing by. " here - see the person who killed your father".
2. Ironsi' s death was also received with pleasure in some quarters.Awolowo's death is still being celebrated by a certain group. The celebration of Ojukwu's death is still at it's peak especially here on Nairaland.
3. Abacha's death was massively celebrated. He was a military dictator but he had family and people who loved him. He was a benefactor to many and from all over the country as well. A well known Nigerian got carried away with excitement and ecstatic screams on the international media asking God the roast Abacha in hell. Needless to say that we mourned the death of this same person only a couple of years after Abacha's funeral.
4. The death of Yar Adua was demanded for and prayed for by a section of our community. When it came there were regional and religious group celebrations.
5. When the Taraba governors air crash was announced many of the ignorant here on NL believed he was a Muslim and promptly rolled out the drums to celebrate. There excitement was cut short when it was confirmed that he was not of the Muslim faith.
So why is this case receiving such exessive attention even if it's true? If it's true why not show pictures in this age of blackberry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by WarHorse1(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2012
Someone asked for a translation of the second paragraph of obahiagbon's statement. Here is it with definitions of the "big" words.

"I seriously call attention to the shining and well know way of life of Master Jesus the Christ and I dare the performance that save and until we deeply reflect the virtues of self-sacrifice, submission, praise-worthy simplicity, humility and immerse ourselves in a purely spiritual appeal to the emotions of agape love and community sensitive service and head to unity as one nation," the Edo State law graduate stated.

<b>rutilant</b> [root-l-uh nt] Show IPA
adjective
glowing or glittering with ruddy or golden light.
(Source: Dictionary.com)

<b>cor•us•cate</b> [kawr-uh-skeyt, kor-] Show IPA
verb (used without object), cor•us•cat•ed, cor•us•cat•ing.
to emit vivid flashes of light; sparkle; scintillate; gleam.
Origin:
1695–1705; < Latin coruscātus past participle of coruscāre to quiver, flash; see coruscant, -ate (Source: Dictionary.com)

<b>mo•dus vi•ven•di </b> [moh-duh s vi-ven-dee, -dahy] Show IPA
noun, plural mo•di vi•ven•di [moh-dee vi-ven-dee, moh-dahy vi-ven-dahy] Show IPA .
1. manner of living; way of life; lifestyle.
2. a temporary arrangement between persons or parties pending a settlement of matters in debate.
Origin:
1875–80; < Latin modus vivendī mode of living

<b>pon•tif•i•cate</b> [pon-tif-i-kit, -keyt; pon-tif-i-keyt] Show IPA
noun
1. the office or term of office of a pontiff.
verb (used without object), pon•tif•i•cat•ed, pon•tif•i•cat•ing.
2. to perform the office or duties of a pontiff.
3. to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner: Did he pontificate about the responsibilities of a good citizen?
4. to serve as a bishop, especially in a Pontifical Mass.
Origin:
1575–85; (noun) < Latin pontificātus; see pontifical, -ate3 ; (v.) < Medieval Latin pontificātus past participle of pontificāre to be an ecclesiastic; see –ate

<b>vis•cer•al</b> [vis-er-uh l] Show IPA
adjective
1. of or pertaining to the viscera.
2. affecting the viscera.
3. of the nature of or resembling viscera.
4. characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect: a visceral reaction.
5. characterized by or dealing with coarse or base emotions; earthy; crude: a visceral literary style.

<b>em•blem•a•tize</b> [em-blem-uh-tahyz] Show IPA
verb (used with object), em•blem•a•tized, em•blem•a•tiz•ing.
to serve as an emblem of; represent by an emblem.
Also, especially British, em•blem•a•tise.

Origin:
1605–15; emblemat- (see emblematic) + -ize

<b>im•mo•la•tion</b> [im-uh-ley-shuh n] Show IPA
noun
1. an act or instance of immolating.
2. the state of being immolated.
3. a sacrifice.
Origin:
1525–35; < Latin immolātiōn- (stem of immolātiō ) offering, sacrifice. See immolate, -ion

<b>quin•tes•sen•tial</b> [kwin-tuh-sen-shuh l] Show IPA
adjective
1. of the pure and essential essence of something: the quintessential Jewish delicatessen.
2. of or pertaining to the most perfect embodiment of something: the quintessential performance of the Brandenburg Concertos.
ab•ne•ga•tion [ab-ni-gey-shuh n] Show IPA
noun
1. the act or an instance of abnegating, or denying oneself some rights, conveniences, etc.: It was a time of austerity and abnegation.
2. the act of relinquishing or giving up a right, possession, etc.: abnegation of parental responsibilities.

<b>eu•lo•gy</b> [yoo-luh-jee] Show IPA
noun, plural eu•lo•gies.
1. a speech or writing in praise of a person or thing, especially a set oration in honor of a deceased person.
2. high praise or commendation.
Origin:
1585–95; < Late Latin eulogia eulogia and Medieval Latin eulogium eulogium

<b>Pla•ton•ic</b> [pluh-ton-ik, pley-] Show IPA
adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Plato or his doctrines: the Platonic philosophy of ideal forms.
2. pertaining to, involving, or characterized by Platonic love as a striving toward love of spiritual or ideal beauty.
3. ( usually lowercase ) purely spiritual; free from sensual desire, especially in a relationship between two persons of the opposite sex.
4. ( usually lowercase ) feeling or professing platonic love: He insisted that he was completely platonic in his admiration.
Origin:
1525–35; < Latin Platōnicus < Greek Platōnikós, equivalent to Platōn-, stem of Plátōn Plato + -ikos, -ic

<b>e•mo•tion•al•ism</b> [ih-moh-shuh-nl-iz-uh m] Show IPA
noun
1. excessively emotional character: the emotionalism of sentimental fiction.
2. strong or excessive appeal to the emotions: the emotionalism of patriotic propaganda.
3. a tendency to display or respond with undue emotion, especially morbid emotion.
4. unwarranted expression or display of emotion.
Origin:
1860–65; emotional + -ism

<b>com•mu•nal•ism</b> [kuh-myoon-l-iz-uh m, kom-yuh-nl-] Show IPA
noun
1. a theory or system of government according to which each commune is virtually an independent state and the nation is merely a federation of such states.
2. the principles or practices of communal ownership.
3. strong allegiance to one's own ethnic group rather than to society as a whole.
Origin:
1870–75; communal + -ism
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by chrisoj: 10:34am On Dec 21, 2012
embarassedR.I.P OUR BELOVED PATRIOT GOV. YAKOWA
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by topeolagunju: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
mehn dis guy drama no go kill person
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by EmmyDe25(m): 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
pressongodsay: I know see d reason while pple do call muslims boko haram. I think u are one of them.
E be lyk sey u no knw doz Northern pple. They dont have a lyf! If ur a Xtian they blv ur stil ignorant nd wil only rot in hell at d end of tym. Cud rmmba hw they frustratd lyf outta 1 of my muslim frnds who was datin a Xtian gal.
They are bunch of barbarians, wat rily befits dem is dat dia poverty nd meningaetis striken lyf.
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by Cbourne(f): 1:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
no subtitle?i don't root for Indigenous Languages,please someone should post the English version of what he said
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by Alaanyihaji(m): 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Bo-large:
WETIN BE THIS TROUSER OR SACK FOR ELUBO?
Bo- Large:@ This trouser and sagging,which is more honourable?
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by victokafor(m): 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
I thought chris okotie is the only gram marian not knowing that another infestitious,
offspring of exhumation of calamitious ballistical expression of anglo franca tantamount to checking of dictionary by unlearned species of homo erectus of this modern era. Senator sir!!! Please always address us with comprehenbable grammar that will save us the stress and time in checking out for grammar solver i.e the dictionary. I rest my case!!!
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by adediranta(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
and he says he feels tongue-tied.....what if dey kon loose hin tongue nko?
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by eligibility: 7:33am On Apr 26, 2015
Wily2wily:
Aliyu is not a good Muslim

YOU MUST ALSO BE A BAD CHRISTIAN ..
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by walemoney007(m): 7:51am On Apr 26, 2015
eligibility:

YOU MUST ALSO BE A BAD CHRISTIAN ..
dat guy is a fool
Re: Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death by Decent09(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
slap1:
Summary:
It's not good to jubilate over someone's death and we should emulate the live of Jesus Christ.

Of course we should emulate the lives of prophets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers State Attorney General, Zacchaeus Adangor Resigns / APC Governors Looking Colorful At The Pre-inauguration Retreat In Abuja.photos / Photo Of FFK In His Hospital Robe Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.