Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? (5382 Views)

My Besty Gives Me Attitude When I Use My Fiance Pix As Dp / She doesnt like putting on her pant. / Found Condoms In My Fiance's Bag.again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by albridge(m): 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2008
I recently met this wonderful girl that i would like to marry and settle with but the problem is that for no apparently reason my mother just doesnt seem to like her. what do i do. i love this girl and would like to spend the rest of my life with here but i don't want to go against my mothers wishes either.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:49pm On Feb 18, 2008
The ball is in your court,

It's up to u to decided, no one else can make the decision for u.

U know ur mother very well, and hopefully u know ur girl as well,

Good Luck!
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by albridge(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
thanks for your advice. its just that some times its not easy to do the right thing even when you know what it is.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by Busta(f): 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2008
are u gonna marry ur mother?

do u really love this girl enough to marry her?

do u really love ur mother? are u a mama's boy?

honestly . . . answer these question and like someone said earlier, the ball is ur court.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2008
@poster

There are many factors that are in play with this situation.

If you really love your prospective wife I suggest that you sit your mum down and tell her how much you love your lady and then ask for explicit reasons why she doesn't like her.

Simply because your mum does not like you lady does not mean that you have to dump her. If this is the case then you will be a very lonely bachelor. Your mother has lived her life let her let you live yours. For this reason she needs to give you a good reason why she dislikes your lady.

Then again it maybe because she is too protective of you and will as a result automatically dislike every woman that comes into your life.

Be a man and decide. You can't be wrapped round your mother's loins forever.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by creamdream: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
No
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by oloriooko(m): 9:58am On Feb 21, 2008
@ poster

How old are you?
If you are old enough to marry, why are you asking this question? Please if you are not ready to marry find something useful doing, do not bore us with your mom and you.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2008
sebi we don talk about this same topic like a zillion times for here. o boy, follow ur mama yan
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by otunba201(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2008
if u really love her ,just pray about it and let the lady do always wht ur mother like best e.g buy her cloth,watch e.t.c
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by CrazyMan(m): 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2008
There is a saying that when an elderly person tells you something or gives you an advice; no matter how stupid it seems to you don’t shove it away; think about it.

A mum would always want the best for her children; she may have her reasons why she doesn’t want you to marry that girl. So maybe whenever you are less busy, sit her down and ask her to give you tangible reasons why you shouldn’t marry the girl.

This issue is something you have to handle like a wisely; because if you don’t, you might end up wrecking your home; because when a mother doesn’t approve the girl her son marries, she would make sure she go to the extra mile just to make the girl feel uncomfortable in her husband’s house.

And that might eventually lead to the end of that marriage.

You know women.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by ogb5(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2008
don't marry her unless you get ur mom to either support it or at least stay neutral.

It is always best to work for peace. Do not spite your mum over any woman, dem plenty, and after marriage the bubble dey burst quickly.
so why hurt your mum, when you can still work things out with all of them
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by QUESHIQUE(f): 12:52am On Feb 25, 2008
Whenever a male dubbed a post like this I always encourage them to simply "GET MARRIED

TO THEIR MOTHER OR ANY OTHER FEMALE MEMBERS IN THEIR FAMILY." I wonder why the

Nigerian men I deemed them as "MAMA'S BOY" tongue always let their parents run their lives in

misery sad. Their parents propel their lives and convert them into an infidel cry. let me add

my quote of "CONGRATULATION to NaJa HaJe wink' you have said it all my dear.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by albridge(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2008
Well all that is history now. I didn't marry her and she has married someone else. Honestly i am not sure that i didn't make a mistake becos i really loved her.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by Gamine(f): 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2008
Sorry for u then
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2008
I'll keep this short and sweet:

Yes.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2008
I'll keep this short and sweet:

Yes. You DID make a mistake. sad

You've actually shown your mom, that you'll always cave in to emotional blackmail. And that's EXACTLY what it was. angry

Any other girl you'll date will play second fiddle to your mom, and that's a shame. I feel sorry for you and the girl, though I feel you should have stuck up more for her. If you gave in so readily, you couldn't have loved her enough. sad
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by edmondo(m): 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2008
i tink u hav 2 kall ur mom n talk to her abt it,
she hav 2 giv u concrete reason y she dislike ur wifey
she mite hav gud reason 4 dat anyway,
all the same,b a man and handle d situation cos u got ur life 2 live.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 10, 2008
I recently met this wonderful girl that i would like to marry and settle with but the problem is that for no apparently reason my mother just doesnt seem to like her. what do i do. i love this girl and would like to spend the rest of my life with here but i don't want to go against my mothers wishes either.
to me, that's all that matters. what if your mom wants to find you a girl that you absolutely dnt like, are you going to marry her because of your mom's wishes?
c'mon, naija men, button up and grow up. you're the one spending the rest of your life with her, stop being a baby. mommy wnt always be there to stuff your pillow or give you a bath. undecided

i dnt think my mom is crazy enough to come to be during my engagement and tell me not to marry my fiancee just because she does not like him. , haba, my mom knows me better than that
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:27am On Mar 10, 2008
Should your mum be the one choosing/making the decision of who you want to marry?
I think your making excuses, becus if you really wanna be with this girl, there won't be a single hesitation or doubt.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by buzzgonz(m): 3:30am On Mar 10, 2008
This thread tire me sef, see wetin person dey yarn undecided
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by earthrealm(m): 9:58am On Mar 10, 2008
get from ur mom, y she doesnt like ur future mate, luv makes us kinda blind , u know,

be respectful/peaceful when asking her, hv an open mind,
4rm what she tells u, u can now know whether to ignore or accept her reasons.

wish u wisdom , itsa dicey situation
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by albridge(m): 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2008
If you gave in so readily, you couldn't have loved her enough.

i believe i really loved her because i think about her everyday when i wake up and during the day. its like I'm obsessed. I'll get over it someday. just hope its soon because its messing me up badly.
Re: My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? by kalmebad(f): 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2008
@topic
Guess i must be lucky to have a wonderful mom, who will only tell u ,u are the one to wear the shoe eventually and only u will kwn wen it pinches and hence will bear it alone, "Word of wisdom"

Parents have lived their lives ,and can't live our's, except on vital grounds that justifies their reason
well since u have followed your mom's suit, the case must rest now
But learn how to be a man and stand your ground.

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Wants Me To Be The Man To Disvirgin Her Or Someone Else Does It / What A Girl Did To Me At A Wedding Today / Ladies Can You Accommodate Your Hot looking Sister When Newly Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.