Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax (7511 Views)

Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / Woman Accuses Justice Olamide Oloyede Of Snatching Her Husband (Snapshots) / Golden Eagle Snatches Kid (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
A video of a golden eagle snatching a child in Canada that has gone viral online was an elaborate hoax aimed at testing the skills of the clipmakers.

The video shows the bird briefly lifting the child in a Montreal park before dropping him unharmed.

Nearly 17 million people have watched the video on YouTube in three days.

But a digital training centre in Montreal later told the BBC that the clip was made by its students as part of a degree course.

Suzanne Guevremont, director of the Centre NAD, said the clip had been produced by four students who "had an idea of making something believable".

The students - who were doing a degree in 3D animation and digital design - had come up with the idea after a brainstorming session, completing the project in seven weeks, she said.

"It's a challenge... they wanted to test their skills," Ms Guevremont said.

She added that the bird and the child seen being snatched were all computer generated imagery (CGI), and the only real things in the video were the park, the boy (after being dropped on the ground) and his father comforting him.

The CGI was dropped into real footage to create the effect.

Some YouTube and Twitter users expressed doubts about the authenticity of the clip soon after it was posted online on 18 December.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20798561?
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by 2legit2qwt: 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2012
That's so messed up, had everyone thinking it was real angry It' so hard to believe a lot of things these days.

Impressive work though.
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by trolling(m): 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
its gonna be very easy to deceive the whole world through project bluebeam....welcome to the mark of the beast
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by 2legit2qwt: 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
trolling: its gonna be very easy to deceive the whole world through project bluebeam....welcome to the mark of the beast

You're indeed "trolling"

3 Likes

Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by israel007: 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
Like I didn't know that before
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by valencia25(m): 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nice work.....

Whether you like it or not, the video is not a Hoax for me.... I dan already believe am, PERIOD angry angry
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Opoki(m): 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2012
That's not funny, playing on one intelligence for the sake of project is highly uncalled for.
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by mascot87(m): 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2012
When will we produce one?
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Mayowura: 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mayara(n) effect.! Waiting to read another update on it. Sorry! The post dey confuse me. Thanks
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2012
So the thing was even fake sef
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
My Bros pin okoro till now oº°˚! Salys its real! Very very real undecided
I guess u can't win all of them.
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Thats the power of Computer's. i knew about photoshopping and i never knew there was videoshopping also. well well its simply Amazing...
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by 50calibre(m): 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
Saw this on ABC news last night
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by hydiciousb: 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by TeenageMoney(m): 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2012
I didnt even comment on that topic yesterday... Thank God ooo

1 Like

Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 21, 2012
Check This Out Guys

https://www.nairaland.com/1128379/mayan-apocalypse-panic-spreads-december I just cant stop laughing. Out Loud
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Johnnyhoo(m): 12:03am On Dec 21, 2012
Now 21/12/2012,stl alive! Aye pare ti.lolx
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by tomakint: 12:04am On Dec 21, 2012
All being said, never doubt the abilities of these raptors! Golden, harpy, martial, phillipine eagles and the lammergeir have all been credited with abilities to lift preys 4 times their weight especially the golden eagles known to kill wolves in the Chinese plains of Mongolia!
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 21, 2012
Johnnyhoo: Now 21/12/2012,stl alive! Aye pare ti.lolx
Check This Out Guys

https://www.nairaland.com/1128379/mayan-apocalypse-panic-spreads-december I just cant stop laughing. Out Loud . welcome to 21-12-2012
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:11am On Dec 21, 2012
Yawns. Woke up to know wether the world has come to an end. Am I now in Heaven? No, still in Nigeria...
Tor! It's 21-12-2012 already.
But why is the world taking long to come to an end?
Don't mean to derail the thread
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by SisiKill1: 12:12am On Dec 21, 2012
Big effing Duh!!!!!!

Gasps! I made my comment at exactly 12:12 on 12/21/2012.

What does this mean?!

8 Likes

Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by hardbody: 12:13am On Dec 21, 2012
2legit2qwt: That's so messed up, had everyone thinking it was real angry It' so hard to believe a lot of things these days.

Impressive work though.

I for one did not think it was hence I did not comment. People should think beyond the ordinary. I only wanted to ask how come the entire thing appeared so primed and stage managed that people could not see through it. Again, I am justified in thinking that a lotta people are dummies
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by hardbody: 12:15am On Dec 21, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Yawns. Woke up to know wether the world has come to an end. Am I now in Heaven? No, still in Nigeria...

The Mayans are being misinterpreted and misquoted, simple
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 21, 2012
trolling: its gonna be very easy to deceive the whole world through project bluebeam....welcome to the mark of the beast
You are so correct.
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by tomakint: 12:25am On Dec 21, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Yawns. Woke up to know wether the world has come to an end. Am I now in Heaven? No, still in Nigeria...
'But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.' (Matthew24:36)! Now that you have the answer, fear not and be not confused cool
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 21, 2012
Damn I still gotta get that degree tongue

It's 12/21/2012. I wonder how the Chinese felt yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:34am On Dec 21, 2012
Hmnn...technologyyy
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:34am On Dec 21, 2012
tomakint:
'But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.' (Matthew24:36)! Now that you have the answer, fear not and be not confused cool
you are welcome bro. I m not confused. I m just joking.
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 21, 2012
o.
never heard of it. tongue
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by lafuria1(m): 1:07am On Dec 21, 2012
soon it will hard to admit video evidence in a law court since video editing is now a possibility
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 21, 2012
To think I fell for it.

Welcome to the Future.
Re: Eagle Snatching Boy Video Is A Hoax by abiL(f): 1:52am On Dec 21, 2012
You don't say!!

-___-

(1) (2) (Reply)

thread close / I Want To Know The Cost Of Marrying An Anambra Lady From Okija / Health Benefits Of C24/7 Natura-ceuticals:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.