Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? (4112 Views)

How Can Buhari Use Information Technology To Reduce Corruption? / Reduce Corruption In Nigeria!!!!! / What Role Does Philosophy Play In Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by ffo(m): 10:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
It is a known fact that most Nigerians are corrupt.

I believe we have roles and part to play to clean up the system, no matter how small it may appear. If every body starting from everyone of us plays our part, corruption will reduce to some extent in the year 2013.

Fellow Nairalanders, what role do we play as Nigerians to reduce corruption in Nigeria?

Your opinions will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 8:10am On Dec 21, 2012
By moving out of Nigeria. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by dridowu: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2012
By not giving bribe and stand on it

2 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Sijo01(f): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2012
Corruption can never be reduced in Nigeria.
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by DICKtator: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2012
siddon look like the late Bola Ige cos if you talk, you would kpeme!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Chokolee(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2012
Corruption can be reduced in Nigeria, but it can never finish...Do the right thing!! Many girl friends is also corruption!#I am not pessismistic!

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by savcy(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2012
The best we can do to reduce corruption in Nigeria is to adopt the BUHARI style. Nigerians only understand brute force.

3 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 21, 2012
By being a critics.
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by ebamma3: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2012
By killing obasanjo,ibb, bode george and tony anenih,

1 Like

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2012
By slashing their bribe amount request in half. cheesy

I give them N20 when they ask for N40.

N20 saves a life

2 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Ibangap(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2012
Shoot on sight any politician dat has looted dis country's resources, past or present.

1 Like

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by tizblink: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2012
seedord247: By moving out of Nigeria. cheesy
seriously?
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Drdaps(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2012
thats why i want to become a piliot so i can fly our corrupt leaders and we crash together mtcheeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Techwriter: 8:22am On Dec 21, 2012
Well I believe in a better tomoro. We educate the young minds thru our NGO the dangers of corruption and why they should shun it.

1 Like

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by DarkFive: 8:22am On Dec 21, 2012
Waiting for all of them to die
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by kessyur: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2012
Kill d likes of bode, anenih, ibori n co. May sound bizarre anyway. Another option is making way for d. emergence of Buhari come 2015.

1 Like

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 8:24am On Dec 21, 2012
It's a tough question.
Because bribe-giving is simply not that anymore. It's more or less extortion these days. You would never get anything done, or even likely get sabotaged if you don't 'tip' someone, especially when it comes to doing stuff with government.

I agree that most Nigerians are corrupt. We are slaves of our bellies. Over the years, there's been a systematic dehumanization of Nigerian people, to the point where we are enslaved by our own mindset, and see no value in anything that does not yield to one's personal pocket. I honestly doubt that things can be different in the current makeup of Nigeria. Some kind of political restructuring, maybe a breakup, is what we need.

3 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by caesaraba(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2012
Give this to me and you'll notice a 'slight' increase in the number of repentant politicians.

And NO; I won't be shooting corrupt politicians. Just their wives and children. Wanna know why? Ask the kidnappers why they are so successful!

4 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2012
Drdaps: thats why i want to become a piliot so i can fly our corrupt leaders and we crash together mtcheeeeeeew
hehehe I will pay ur skul fees if u are serious about it I cant wait 2 help liberate Nigeria
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by k2039: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2012
Elect people based on merit.

Politics is only as good as the people who make it their calling and those who put them into office either by voting or refusing to vote.

The maintenance of good government is dependent on good people

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

5 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2012
It starts with you & I. We wont accept and we will also not give aka-azu.(bribe).

We shld focus on one Nigeria and not one stupid tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by dallyemmy: 8:33am On Dec 21, 2012
We need to stop celebrating corrupt leaders. Also, we need to change the way we think - no more conforming mindset but a transforming mindset.

2 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2012
tizblink: seriously?

since all nigerians are corrupt.. If i moved out, the corruption will reduce. cheesy
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by GlobalVillager: 8:38am On Dec 21, 2012
By telling GEJ and his friends to reduce thiers.

No apology
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by phemieojelabi: 8:41am On Dec 21, 2012
[size=16pt]HONESTY WITH SINCERITY ! [/size]
Doin dis we av CARED for the un-seen n d less privileged

2 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 21, 2012
Be the change You desire and stop pointing fingers when u are corrupt in ur own little way.
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by mAdBulleT(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2012
Dark Five: Waiting for all of them to die
For how long do we wait. There is a saying that 'the beautiful once are not yet born and the ugly once has refused to die'..... flying this ugly corrupt leaders out of the country and crashing them in the desert, is the only way out.
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 21, 2012
Until we realize that leadership and government positions aint about a youruoba, hausa or igbo been in power rather a qualified person been incharge then we are going no where and corruption have come to stay. When I look at people singing tinubus praises in youroba land when they know he is a master thief and master fraud yet because he's from their region they turn a blind eye to it, same goes to T.A Orji the high headed criminal, when I see people praise him I keep wondering the essence if the praises while our hausa brothers sing praises of Buhari while the ignore his role at FRSC. But our youroba brothers has a degree in celebrating criminals as far as he's from their region, I think they should have a rethink very well.

Until all the tribes in Nigeria forget ethinicty issues and support a qualified person for leadership until then Nigeria will remain as it is.

3 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by MumZ(f): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2012
Drdaps: thats why i want to become a piliot so i can fly our corrupt leaders and we crash together mtcheeeeeeew
Na only 1 set or even 1 persn u go carry b4 una kpai. It won't mke a difference.
@ OP, gd ?, wen I knw d ans, I go tel u.
Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by duality(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2012
k2039: Elect people based on merit.

Politics is only as good as the people who make it their calling and those who put them into office either by voting or refusing to vote.

The maintenance of good government is dependent on good people

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Fine. but don't just assume that only elected govt officials are corrupt. the funny thing is that, the non-elected govt officials engage in huge corruption with the justification that the elected ones are corrupt. This in turn, puts pressure on the elected officials to engage in their own massive corruption.(after all, how will; Pam secs and directors be looting the money under my watch as a commissioner. the commissioner joins the band.)

those days Guys in PHCN (genco and transysco) complain that those in disco were too corrupt some say, contract staff of disco, were building houses and buying cars; hence want to justify their corrupt intentions. the guys in disco in turn claimed guys in transysco and genco had more imprest that were mismanaged. what happened, PHCN became drowned in corruption from top to bottom. rather than PHCN purging themselves of their corruption, the simply blamed it on the elected politicians. and the cycle continues. this is a picture of the corruption cycle in Nigeria. Every one is blaming the other.

Corroption will only reduce in Nigeria when each individual Nigerian realize that he is part of the corrupt system and stop his own corrupt actions. No anti corroption bill, Police,EFCC ICPC or any individual leader can stop corruption except the individual Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2012
GlobalVillager: By telling GEJ and his friends to reduce thiers.

No apology

GEJ is never the problem of Nigeria, This corrupution was existing even before GEJ becomes a Deputy Governor, for you to think that GEJ is the problem of Nigeria is unfair and you are ignoring the issue here.

Our past and current leaders knows that we hate ourselfs and they are using it to promote enemity between us and they have blinded a lot of people with the mindset of that if its not someone from their region that's in power that the person is not qualified and that's the mindset 99% of Nigerians carry about and you can see evidence of it on this forum, a youroba or hausa cannot support an igbo presidency even if the contester is qualified because he is not from their region likewise other tribes so that's where our major problem comes from. And when an unqualified idiot who has no plan for this country takes power corruption will still be there.

1 Like

Re: What Role Do We Play To Reduce Corruption In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2012
Until we realise; today was once yesterday's tomorrow.
Until we realise our leaders were once youths.
Until we realise leaders were once followers
Until we realise that pushing blame to leaders will only make the cycle continue.
Until we realise change can only begin from the new breed not the other way round.
Until we realise problems gets solved from the foundation and not the roofing sheets.
Until we realise we've always been our own problem.
Until we stop pushing blames.
Until we realise Jonathan doesn't go to the bank and by pass everyone to loot the country.

Inshort, everyone should do the right thing in their various positions and all is well smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter Is A forgery – Obasanjo’s family & Aides / Just In Another Helicopter Crash In Girel, Yola Right Now. / Flooding In Government Technical College Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.