Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (13060 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by OgBetty(f): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2012
I tink speakin in tongue z different 4rm prayin in tongue. Speakin in tongue z wen either u or sum1 else interprets wat u r sayin while prayin in tongue z wen neither u no any1 can interpret wat u r sayin. Wat almost everybody has 2day z d gift of PRAYIN in tongue n nt SPEAKIN IN TONGUE
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2012
ChrisGnarly: if anybody or any christian say that he speak in tong today, he dcv him self, read ur bible wt understanding, read first corintians chapter 13:8 - 13. God bless u
if anybody thinks speaking in tongues has passed away he read his bible carefuly Acts 2:17, mark 16:17.God bless u
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Willy7(m): 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thanks so much for d clearifications fellow forumites,i really appreciate.Like i said earlier,i'm yet to have a personal experience or account of it.I'm not a Jehovah's witness,like someone was accusing me of,im a Pentecostal.And again i didnt raise dis topic to blaspheme the person of the Holy spirit or His gifts,i only brought it up because i've not witnessed or experienced it myself,and needed to know if its only me that was having d thought of its non existence.Thanks once again to those that contributed wisely,and to those that hijacked d thread to throw insults on people and also blasphemed the Holy spirit,may the Almighty forgive you.God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2012
Willy7: Thanks so much for d clearifications fellow forumites,i really appreciate.Like i said earlier,i'm yet to have a personal experience or account of it.I'm not a Jehovah's witness,like someone was accusing me of,im a Pentecostal.And again i didnt raise dis topic to blaspheme the person of the Holy spirit or His gifts,i only brought it up because i've not witnessed or experienced it myself,and needed to know if its only me that was having d thought of its non existence.Thanks once again to those that contributed wisely,and to those that hijacked d thread to throw insults on people and also blasphemed the Holy spirit,may the Almighty forgive you.God bless us all
just like you, i still hunger and long for a personal experience, A REAL EXPERIENCE WITH GOD, which is somewhat lacking in church services these days...i was in a rhema campus fellowship in unijos in 1998 when i felt an overwhelming presence of the Holy Spirit..it was like a bolt of electricity passing thru me...words can not describe wat i felt dat particular day..i felt my tongue loosened and a language i have never heard nor spoken before came out..it was so loud and authoritative(like thunder) that evryone in d fellowship were in awe and silence fell on them...i guess i spoke that language for about 30 mins before someone interpreted the tongues from the Lord...words of exhortation, comfort and encouragement were just coming forth from the interpreter to edify us...@OP..I speak d truth, i lie not..my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit..i remember that day vividly as if it was yesterday..i laid hands on folks dat day and i saw dem literally falling on d ground under d power of the anointing...since den similar experiences i had was when i laffed in tongues with a group of believers for 3hrs without even knowing that time has gone until when i came to myself..i also gave a message to a lady who was believing God for the fruit of the womb in tongues..a bro..in fellowship interpreted d message from d lord..even before d interpretation d said lady was crying wen i spoke in tongues..i believe God was talking to her thru me..bros..lets pray for the manifestation of God's power in our day..amen

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Willy7(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
Bidam: just like you, i still hunger and long for a personal experience, A REAL EXPERIENCE WITH GOD, which is somewhat lacking in church services these days...i was in a rhema campus fellowship in unijos in 1998 when i felt an overwhelming presence of the Holy Spirit..it was like a bolt of electricity passing thru me...words can not describe wat i felt dat particular day..i felt my tongue loosened and a language i have never heard nor spoken before came out..it was so loud and authoritative(like thunder) that evryone in d fellowship were in awe and silence fell on them...i guess i spoke that language for about 30 mins before someone interpreted the tongues from the Lord...words of exhortation, comfort and encouragement were just coming forth from the interpreter to edify us...@OP..I speak d truth, i lie not..my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit..i remember that day vividly as if it was yesterday..i laid hands on folks dat day and i saw dem literally falling on d ground under d power of the anointing...since den similar experiences i had was when i laffed in tongues with a group of believers for 3hrs without even knowing that time has gone until when i came to myself..i also gave a message to a lady who was believing God for the fruit of the womb in tongues..a bro..in fellowship interpreted d message from d lord..even before d interpretation d said lady was crying wen i spoke in tongues..i believe God was talking to her thru me..bros..lets pray for the manifestation of God's power in our day..amen
Wow,that must be one hell of a great experience.Today services seem to lack that awesome presence that even follows one home after services back in d days.I just pray for a personal mighty revival and also in christendom.We just go now,sing,shout,listen to some motivational speeches and go home as d same people.This generation is so much after signs and wonders without seeking d face of the creator.No conviction of the Holy ghost.God help us
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by davidque007(m): 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
So those guys that heard and understood their language in the bible were spiritual? Is that what you were saying? Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. mumu.

Excuse me Mr Simonandal, why are u quick to call me "mumu"? seems my comment angered u. anyway, you have just shown me your level of understanding and clearly you must be a dwarf or a miget in spiritual issues, not implying that i know it all. But, what i was talking about is not the language the desciples uttered after the day of pentecost but the concept, the idea of speaking in unknown tongues. the people who heard the desciples speak in tongues knew very well that the desciples could not speak their native languages, only for them to hear them speak it out fluently. i remember saying that only by a supernatural sign or a demonstration of a higher life (a tangible proof) can people in this age believe in things like speaking and interpreting tongues. when we as christians dont exhibit the quality of life christ has given us, no one will believe in God or the christ we preach and live(1 corinthians 2:4,14-15)
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by davidque007(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2012
OgBetty: I tink speakin in tongue z different 4rm prayin in tongue. Speakin in tongue z wen either u or sum1 else interprets wat u r sayin while prayin in tongue z wen neither u no any1 can interpret wat u r sayin. Wat almost everybody has 2day z d gift of PRAYIN in tongue n nt SPEAKIN IN TONGUE

point of correction sir, unknown tongues is a language just like hausa or yoruba or french or swahili, only that its unknown to you except the Holy spirit gives you the interpretation(1 cor 14:14). also just as we can speak french as in a conversation, sing in french or shout in french or even pray in yoruba or igbo, we can also speak (1 cor14:18), pray(jude 1:20), shout or sing in tongues. personally i believe that the holy spirit gives us these utterance not only to edify ourselves (1 cor 14:4) or the body of christ(the church) but mainly to give us a very personal relationship with God just as Adam had with God at the beginning(1 cor 14:2). For the Gift of interpretation, we are meant to desire or crave for the Holy Spirit to give us the interpretation to any unknown tongue because it will benefit others around us(the church), thats what chapter 13 and the 14 of corinthians spoke about, its a greater show of love to seek to interprete the wisdom of God revealed in tongues to others and not only to edify one's self only. God bless
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by davidque007(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
realsammie:
Can not understand what u call all those rabababa sheborebashe speaking in tongue. SMH. I am still waiting for those that can speak in HEBREW, LATIN etc like the early apostles did because the Bible said that they were speaking in the peoples own languages and not the crap u guyz are spitting out
Acts 2:6
you are good proof of my point
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by realsammie(m): 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
davidque007:
you are good proof of my point

...and what's your point
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by 2cute(m): 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Here's an old video of late Kenneth E. Hagin ministering, in which the gift was in operation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws00swVg6cs You can skip to around the 59th minute and watch all through till around the 75th minute. Blessings.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by seyibrown(f): 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
I have seen it in operation several times in Nigeria. One I remember vividly was at a Sunday service at University Student fellowship and another one here in Church in the UK. All times involved one person speaking in tongues and the other interpreting.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by davidque007(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
realsammie:

...and what's your point
why not read the old comments, there is a reason why u CANNOT understand, u can read the scripture i quoted for urself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let Us Be Honest- Life Is Both Meaningless And Purposeless / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.