Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! (1932 Views)

Pastor And Native Doctor Confess To Killing People, Paraded With Their Rituals / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
I have noticed both on Niaraland and real life that some christians stop using certain theological arguments after debating atheists for a while.

My favourite is Psalm 14;1

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

This bible quote is now majorly avoided by many christians.

Any confessions on how atheists have changed you?
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Tonyet1(m): 12:05am On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03: I have noticed both on Niaraland and real life that some christians stop using certain theological arguments after debating atheists for a while.

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Sir,

Please how exactly do you mean? 'cos your claim seem bogus.
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 21, 2012
Now I haven't been on nairaland for long, so I'd say that if they don't quote that verse so often now they must have been quoting it like hell before.

And although I'm not too optimistic regarding acheivements I would like to hear a few.
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Techwriter: 12:43am On Dec 21, 2012
That scripture came alive on Nairaland. I never really grabbed the gravity of that verse until I started listening to some so called atheist. Right now I think the word FOOL is too light to describe an atheist. That would be an understatement

5 Likes

Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 21, 2012
Techwriter: That scripture came alive on Nairaland. I never really grabbed the gravity of that verse until I started listening to some so called atheist. Right now I think the word FOOL is too light to describe an atheist. That would be an understatement

You are quite ignorant about the fact that you work in an industry shaped by atheists.

undecided
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 21, 2012
inurmind: Now I haven't been on nairaland for long, so I'd say that if they don't quote that verse so often now they must have been quoting it like hell before.

And although I'm not too optimistic regarding acheivements I would like to hear a few.

me too
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by MrAnony1(m): 1:57am On Dec 21, 2012
Techwriter: That scripture came alive on Nairaland. I never really grabbed the gravity of that verse until I started listening to some so called atheist. Right now I think the word FOOL is too light to describe an atheist. That would be an understatement
I agree with you.
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 2:03am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I agree with you.

Anony, you usually avoid getting sentimental, no matter the abuse you receive.

What has happened to you? Why have you joined the "all atheists are fools" camp?
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Bella3(f): 6:36am On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:53am On Dec 21, 2012
Bélla3: I THINK THE WORD 'FOOLS' IS TOO HARSH ON ATHEISTS.

I MEAN THEY SAY THEY'RE APES. HW DO YOU EXPECT REASONABLE 'REASONING' FROM THEM?

WHY CALL A DOG FOOL WHEN IT CLEARLY CNT TALK?

PLS CHRISTIANS THAT WORD IS TOO HARSH ESP. ON APES.

you will regret saying this. someday. .
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Bella3(f): 7:02am On Dec 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you will regret saying this. someday. .
cry
I already do.cry
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Enigma(m): 7:21am On Dec 21, 2012
Tonye-t:

Sir,

Please how exactly do you mean? 'cos your claim seem bogus.

Tonye-t

Long time! How now? Trust all is well; takia. smiley

One of the atheists said that Francis Bacon was a genius; well, the following statement of the genius Bacon used to be my signature until I 'upgraded' (or 'downgraded'?) to the current one:
. . . nothing can be more justly allotted to be the saying of fools than this: 'there is no God'

smiley
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Pysam(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are quite ignorant about the fact that you work in an industry shaped by atheists.

undecided
I have seen the foolish taking root, But suddenly I cursed his dwelling place. 4 His sons are far from safety, They are crushed in the gate, And there is no deliverer. Job5

1 Like

Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Pysam(m): 7:31am On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

me too
This is the way of those who are foolish, And of their posterity who approve their sayings psalm 49:13
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Pysam(m): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03: I have noticed both on Niaraland and real life that some christians stop using certain theological arguments after debating atheists for a while.

Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has understanding, But a rod is for the back of him who is devoid of understanding.  Wise people store up knowledge, But the mouth of the foolish is near destruction (prov 10:13-14)
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 21, 2012
Pysam:  Wisdom is found on the lips of him who has understanding, But a rod is for the back of him who is devoid of understanding.  Wise people store up knowledge, But the mouth of the foolish is near destruction (prov 10:13-14)

Quoting the old testament doesnt make you smart.
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Pysam(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Quoting the old testament doesnt make you smart.
proving myself smart before you is foolishness cos my bible still says" seeth thou a man deligent in his business he ll not stand before common men but before kings".I see no king in you my guy
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2012
Pysam: proving myself smart before you is foolishness cos my bible still says" seeth thou a man deligent in his business he ll not stand before common men but before kings".I see no king in you my guy

I have some old testament quotes for you

Beating a slave

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Rapists get married to the victim

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

So, when you quote the old testament as wisdom, I just laugh
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by advocate666: 10:17am On Dec 21, 2012
Enigma:

Tonye-t

One of the atheists said that Francis Bacon was a genius; well, the following statement of the genius Bacon used to be my signature until I 'upgraded' (or 'downgraded'?) to the current one:

smiley

Your signatures show that you have no thought process and like the machine that is your username, you can only spit out what other people have put into you.
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy's mentality is final. Oh knight! oh wise one! oh einstein, oh keplar! oh mr ill logic! what is this about what you think?
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Tonyet1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Enigma:

Tonye-t

smiley

Am fine bro! just discovered we have some obsessed juvenile atheists in the forum. *wonder why it's always Christianity*
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
Reyginus: Logicboy's mentality is final. Oh knight! oh wise one! oh einstein, oh keplar! oh mr ill logic! what is this about what you think?

Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tonye-t:

Am fine bro! just discovered we have some obsessed juvenile atheists in the forum. *wonder why it's always Christianity*

See this jjc grin
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Tonyet1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
@ Topic,

Christians have only learnt to be wisely tolerant of atheist and their rants, and that's because Atheist morality is parasitic borrowing from Christian culture
. - Austine Cline undecided
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tonye-t:
@ Topic,

Christians have not had a rethink of their religion, but rather learnt to be wisely tolerant of atheist and their rants
. - Austine Cline undecided

Christians are tolerant? ow tolerant is this quote used by many christians here;

Psalm 14;1
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Tonyet1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this jjc grin

yawns undecided
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by UyiIredia(m): 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
I prefer to use common sense when arguing with atheists. I hardly quote Scripture since in any case few, if any, atheists see merit in it.
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I prefer to use common sense when arguing with atheists. I hardly quote Scripture since in any case few, if any, atheists see merit in it.

Thanks

And you know why we dont respect the scriptures, dont you?
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by UyiIredia(m): 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Thanks

And you know why we dont respect the scriptures, dont you?

I do and I think it's poor reasoning. The Bible is in fact an anthology and it has many parts that are in fact not susceptible to being called mythical.
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Tonyet1(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

Christians are tolerant? ow tolerant is this quote used by many christians here;

Psalm 14;1

^^ Historical background of this scripture claim it was written and targeted at folks who oppose the presence of supernatural validations but rather hold onto the limitations of knowledge that the human mind potends.

Logicboy, the 'fool' in that scripture could also mean Christians, muslims and yea everyone.

And this i say because the day any human go beyond questioning 'the things' not well understood, to completely doubting the existence of 'the things' would mean he/she is foolish.

Teacher: More planets exists outside earth

Student: Really? never knew! How can confirm for myself?

Teacher: Yeah you can, but even if you dont, others have and they claim

Student: Well, since i havent seen any, then they dont exist.

Now who seems foolish here? undecided
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tonye-t:

^^ Historical background of this scripture claim it was written and targeted at folks who oppose the presence of supernatural validations but rather hold onto the limitations of knowledge that the human mind potends.

Logicboy, the 'fool' in that scripture could also mean Christians, muslims and yea everyone.

And this i say because the day any human go beyond questioning 'the things' not well understood, to completely doubting the existence of 'the things' would mean he/she is foolish.

Teacher: More planets exists outside earth

Student: Really? never knew! How can confirm for myself?

Teacher: Yeah you can, but even if you dont, others have and they claim

Student: Well, since i havent seen any, then they dont exist.

Now who seems foolish here? undecided

You are now remixing the bible quote when you realized that it is bigoted? Anyone who doesnt believe in god is an atheist. Simple. Your bible is intolerant of atheists.

As for your teacher and student is a failed analogy.

People can show you planets evidenced by telescopes

People can show you the evidence for evolution; DNA and fossils

People cant show you the evidence for God because there is none! No evidence. You god is just a hypothesis
Re: Christians, Dont Lie- Have Atheists Made You Rethink Your Religion! Confess! by UyiIredia(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:
You are now remixing the bible quote when you realized that it is bigoted? Anyone who doesnt believe in god is an atheist. Simple. Your bible is intolerant of atheists.

In fact the Bible hardly refers to atheists. Apart from the famous Psa 14:1 statement no where else does the Bible talk about atheists.

Logicboy03: As for your teacher and student is a failed analogy.

Okay.

Logicboy03: People can show you planets evidenced by telescopes

Yes

Logicboy03: People can show you the evidence for evolution; DNA and fossils

False. Mostly inconclusive circumstantial evidence nobody saw a man emerging from an ape and adduced proofs are just-so stories.

Logicboy03: People cant show you the evidence for God because there is none! No evidence. You god is just a hypothesis

You infer God from Nature. A thing is created by its maker whether itbe man or animal. So also we infer a maker of Nature - God. Or wait did Mr nothing have $ex with Mrs nothing to make Nature ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

W / The Mystery Of Iniquity, And The Revelation Of The Wicked One / Atheist--- Ur Explanation On Prophecy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.