Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? (13243 Views)

Top Ten Most Popular Nigerian Dance Styles And The Originator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2012
So what is it if its not a dance tongue
guguz: Kukere na dance? Learner.*smh* agbaya....

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2012
It really went well, I thought I was in another world cheesy see Ije to gist you more.
ayobase:

How did it go?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dont8(m): 7:59am On Dec 23, 2012
Gbogbo aiye nlo ni agbole Mynd.
ayobase:

Dancers?
Clubbers or strippers?
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by dilbert100: 11:14am On Dec 23, 2012
azonto
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Afam4eva(m): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by nanotechy: 11:16am On Dec 23, 2012
dont8: I love Nigerians when it comes to creativity, every now and then we create unique stuffs; dance steps inclusive, which we dance to as youths and sometimes the children and the elderly ones are not left out.

Apart from the health benefits, dance is good for social interraction, confidence and well-being, but its unfortunate that dance do come and go, but the good news also is that new ones are given 'birth' to. Amongst the ones given 'birth' to this year are:

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3. AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

Base on popularity, which will you choose as your dance of 2012.
etighi all d way! Correction, etighi isn't a 2012 creation
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by nanotechy: 11:21am On Dec 23, 2012
dont8: You're wrong, kukere is a Calabar dance step, Iyanya only made a hit out of it. Azonto on the other hand is a Ghanian invention quite alright, but its more popular in Nigeria, while Alingo is more energetic of the lot.
hmnn...i think u meant etighi. Iyanya was dancing etighi 4 d most part of that kukere song

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ameer2: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2012
Ille ijo
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by patholaw: 11:30am On Dec 23, 2012
Etighi...u see old men and women even lil children, youths dancing it.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2012
Azonto!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by searay(m): 11:36am On Dec 23, 2012
Etighe!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Ayorh4you(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2012
Mynd_44:
my idea of fun is different. Clubbing but more like hanging with a table massively scattered with bottles of booze

U̶̲̥̅̊ so on point bro.........no beta way 2 catch fun dan dat
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2012
Wtf is kokoma
i go with etighi cool
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by djfiifi(m): 11:46am On Dec 23, 2012
.. undecided
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2012
Rubbish..
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by djfiifi(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2012
dont8: I love Nigerians when it comes to creativity, every now and then we create unique stuffs; dance steps inclusive, which we dance to as youths and sometimes the children and the elderly ones are not left out.

Shame on you,azonto na naija invention?

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ebucha: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2012
Mynd_44: I guess you have no likeness for rap. I will stay out as I am not familiar with those songs
cRAP = Boring dance steps
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by anitank(f): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2012
AZONTO is not a nigerian dance but its my best dance of the year
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by nwa4me(f): 11:55am On Dec 23, 2012
Just passing pls
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by kakaG: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2012
(Raising a finger).... Sir! Sir! Sir! Me! Me! The answer is Kokoma because it is very difficult to dance without music. Thank you
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by 0key: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
Even though Alingo is new, i think it's a creative fusion of afro dance and western dance. It is energetic and interesting but requires special skills to learn it. Alingo, in my opinion, is d best. Etighi and Azonto are good.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ebucha: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2012

Apart from the health benefits, dance is good for social interraction, confidence and well-being, but its unfortunate that dance do come and go, but the good news also is that new ones are given 'birth' to. Amongst the ones given 'birth' to this year are:

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3. AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

Kukere is not a dance step. Les I forget , tell you pay masters, P-Square to try another technique. Alingo is not among the dance steps for 2012.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by onatisi(m): 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
sheyie2007: Rubbish..
is this a dance too?i havent heard of a dance called rubbish,maybe u should show us

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Cdspencer(m): 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
Which one be etighi and kokoma? Na kukere i know ooh! Even my german friends like am die
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Xyzee: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2012
Kukere is no dance in calabar but Etighi. Iyanya didn't create etighi but only danced it in his song kukere. The old man that invented etighi is there in Calabar dying in penury.
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ebucha: 12:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
0key: Even though Alingo is new, i think it's a creative fusion of afro dance and western dance. It is energetic and interesting but requires special skills to learn it. Alingo, in my opinion, is d best. Etighi and Azonto are good.
How much did Psquare pay u for this promo? Alingo neva follow

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by luvablesam(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2012

1. KUKERE

2. ETIGHI

3. AZONTO

4. ALINGO

5. KOKOMA

strange there is no GANGNAM STYLE on ur list with over a billion hits on youtube.......By d way ....its GANGNAM all thw way!
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
onatisi:
is this a dance too?i havent heard of a dance called rubbish,maybe u should show us
na the dance be dis

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by safarigirl(f): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2012
Etighi na for people wey dey on 0-1-0 diet. Easy steps, you need minimal energy.

Azonto...(My sis thinks guys look fahgish when they dance it)

Right now, I'm dancing alingo like cwazy, learnt the steps and errythang...energetic and innovative. It's a mixture of Azonto and the Shuffle, good for work-out sessions (you go lose at least 5 pounds if you dance it for an hour)..but no try am for club before you knack person for jaw with your elbow, dem no go hear say na P-square tish you o.

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by safarigirl(f): 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
luvable sam: strange there is no GANGNAM STYLE on ur list with over a billion hits on youtube.......By d way ....its GANGNAM all thw way!
gangnam isn't Nigerian/African, the topic is on Nigerian steps...besides, Gangnam style na for small children, na to dey jump like horse, dey swing imaginary rope..easy...Alingo's the man's dance
Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Is Nigerian Dance Of The Year? by ezendiigbo1: 12:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
When did azonto became a Nigerian dance?
Azonto is from ghana.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day (SEE FOUR WIVES) / Ehiz Wins MTV Base VJ Search Nigeria 2013 / Mtn Project Fame Or Idols: Which Has The Best Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.