Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,274 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:41 PM

The Truth About Fashola's Success - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Fashola's Success (23085 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2012
Just read it in Punch 25 Nov edition. The buildings that collapsed were build during the 90's by the Buba Marwa administration. The headline of that paper was "N 5Trillion stolen under Jonathan's administration". Go check it out.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 24, 2012
I think the OP got it all wrong. I don't live in Lagos but i can't deny he's done great things and effect a lot of positive changes in Lagos. No doubt, he's performing much more than an average governor in Nigeria. If other governors are doing as much as he's doing, things will be better. It's definitely a sparkling white lie to say Fash hasn't construct just one road since the inception of his office. He's tried and couldn't have done better.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2012
ba7man: Just read it in Punch 25 Nov edition. The buildings that collapsed were build during the 90's by the Buba Marwa administration. The headline of that paper was "N 5Trillion stolen under Jonathan's administration". Go check it out.

Guy, please, can ya'll please have a meeting amongst yourselves, make up your minds and stick to it? Haba!
One of you posted it as Fashola's achievements. Now after I have exposed it as a failed project, you are coming to tell us it is Marwa's project. Please make up your minds!
For your information, Marwa estate is not in agege but Alausa and is still as lovely as ever. And it is more than 60 flats, ok?
Just to add that, why is it that when I call you guys out to defend your governor, you start talking about GEJ. What has GEJ got to do with the failure of your governor. It shows you guys can't defend your governor so you have to try and use an attack on GEJ to distract and derail the topic abi? It won't work. If you want to talk about GEJ, visit a GEJ thread and there are many of them on NL, believe me! This thread is about Fashola.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2012
Shameless gej medoicre who celebrates feasibility studies as work has begun

The heir to the mad cow formerly known as beaf
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by merengue: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
I actually like the thread. It shows the tardiness of some functionaries of the Lagos state government in properly documenting and cataloging projects.It is a shame that visits to even the official websites of ministries and parastatals in Lagos do not have pictures and adequate information about projects. Well done @OP even though from your posts that I have read, your motives are suspicious. Anyways it is your thread and you know why you opened it.

Well, some of the ones I personally know are

Iju Road (former death trap and perennial waste of time).
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by merengue: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
A picture of the new Iju Road.

In Ifako Ijaiye, I know that the U.N.A Primary School at Balogun bus-stop, Ogba-Iju road, the Mother and Child Centre at Ifako Ijaiye Genral Hospital are all either completed or under construction by the Fashola's administration. Can't wait for them to start work on the Iju-Agbado road which runs parallel with the railway line.

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by merengue: 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
The Lekki-Ikoyi Cable Bridge is a new project.

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
thelastPope:

Guy, please, can ya'll please have a meeting amongst yourselves, make up your minds and stick to it? Haba!
One of you posted it as Fashola's achievements. Now after I have exposed it as a failed project, you are coming to tell us it is Marwa's project. Please make up your minds!
For your information, Marwa estate is not in agege but Alausa and is still as lovely as ever. And it is more than 60 flats, ok?
Just to add that, why is it that when I call you guys out to defend your governor, you start talking about GEJ. What has GEJ got to do with the failure of your governor. It shows you guys can't defend your governor so you have to try and use an attack on GEJ to distract and derail the topic abi? It won't work. If you want to talk about GEJ, visit a GEJ thread and there are many of them on NL, believe me! This thread is about Fashola.
Let me simplify it to you since it seems you lack understanding. Fashola built estates in different locations around Lagos, Marwa built some estates too but the particular one he(Marwa) built in Isolo has buildings collapsing. So i hope u get it now.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Demdem(m): 6:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
enigma_otr: I think the OP got it all wrong. I don't live in Lagos but i can't deny he's done great things and effect a lot of positive changes in Lagos. No doubt, he's performing much more than an average governor in Nigeria. If other governors are doing as much as he's doing, things will be better. It's definitely a sparkling white lie to say Fash hasn't construct just one road since the inception of his office. He's tried and couldn't have done better.

Lostpope, u see ur miserable life grin grin here is another testimony grin grin
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by 7lives: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
@OP the fact that you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.
Something tells me that the OP is blind, those who are not blind should please explain what they saw in Lagos to him. grin grin grin
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by 7lives: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2012
@ OP, oh lest i forget, since you know how badly Fashola has performed, you might as well fill us in on how brilliantly GEJ has performed. ISI EWU.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2012
thelastPope:

Kudos dear. You single handedly dismantled the ACN and Fashola propaganda machine on NL. Suddenly the achievements of Fashola, the 'performer' are NO WHERE to be found. Even though I think the ACN governors in some states have are doing better than their PDP predecessors,eg Ekiti, Ogun,Edo,etc, I have my doubts about Fashola. There is GROSS mis-match between whatever is on ground and N30billion monthly revenue.
I thank the Op for opening this thread after thorough research. This thread has laid it bare for all to see. The absence of new Fashola for president thread in the last few days is not unconnected to this thread.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Kudos dear. You single handedly dismantled the ACN and Fashola propaganda machine on NL. Suddenly the achievements of Fashola, the 'performer' are NO WHERE to be found. Even though I think the ACN governors in some states have are doing better than their PDP predecessors,eg Ekiti, Ogun,Edo,etc, I have my doubts about Fashola. There is GROSS mis-match between whatever is on ground and N30billion monthly revenue.
I thank the Op for opening this thread after thorough research. This thread has laid it bare for all to see. The absence of new Fashola for president thread in the last few days is not unconnected to this thread.
Both of u get a room and go Fu*k yourselves. I don't care if u'v got a wife and kids...., just do it!! Lol
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by anulaxad(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2012
SINCERENIGERIAN PLEASE GET OFF THIS THREAD WE DONT NEED A BAD LUCK JONATHAN BUMSUCKER HERE YOU GOT THAT. angry

LOOK AT YOU ALL INSULTING THE LASTPOPE WHY YOUR REASONS ARE VERY WORRYING OF COURSE HE WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING IN THE PAST SIX YEARS BUT HE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER. LOOK NOT LONG AGO LAGOS WAS ONE THE BEST CITIES IN AFRICA ADVERTISED HERE IN ENGLAND WHEN I WAS YOUNG A REALLY LITTLE BOY I USED TO SEE ADVERTS ON MY TV ABOUT VISIT LAGOS E.G NOW WHY IS THAT LAGOS IS THE WORST CITY TO LIVE IN IN THE WORLD OF TODAY PLEASE YOU ALL NEED TO REST LAGOS IS LAGOS IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN THERE DON'T COMMENT I ALWAYS GO THERE AND ITS SAME EVERY YEAR NO NEW DEVELOPMENT AROUND MY GRANDMAS HOUSE NO NOTHING BAD ROADS WATER ACCESS RUBBISH,THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT LAGOS ITS MORE DIVERSE THEN LONDON ITSELF THE PEOPLE ARE VERY ACCEPTING.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by wirinet(m): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry xmas to all Seun, super moderator mukina, moderators and all forum contributors. Today being xmas (the rebirth of the son of God or the Sun God), should see us spread peace and love. So i implore all with opposing political and religious views to sheath the sword today and refrain from insults and abuses.

As for Fashola, i am not against him per se, what i am against is the excessive propaganda that we are bombarded with daily. He renovates a hospital, repair a road or signs a Public-private partnership agreement and for the rest of the month we no go hear word.

Areas i give him kudos for is in the area of security and in renovating and maintaining existing infrastructure. He has done extremely well in beautification of lagos, especially the highbrow and Medium brow areas. Although in other climes beautification projects is usually the purview of the local council or local government. He neglected the poor suburbs of Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry.

In terms of new infrastructural developments in areas of power, roads, water, education and even agriculture, he has failed to make any impact especially with the amount of funds available to him.

Peace and a merry xmas to everybody once more.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Orpelin: 8:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
mr seun I must say that yesterday drama is begining to yeild result. This forum if for all irrespective of any form of diff we may share.
This thrend FG feature was pushed by seun. #still expecting!!!#
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Travelexpat: 8:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
The guy is gud but terribly hyped and overated. Moreover, pictures do lie. D mini water works comisioned at haruna bstop ikorodu last yr by fashola has nt produced any water 4 us till date. We dnt nid pics or arguements to knw if a leader is working. It wil reflect in d lyf of the people.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Come 2015, Fashola would be dragged in the streets like a common thief. . .unless he is wise enough to escape into exile on May 29, 2015. . .from Alausa to the Airport. Not since Raji Rasaki have I seen any governor of Lagos so hated by the masses he supposedly governs.

Ask the millions of oppressed and downtrodden Lagos masses about Fashola's so-called "success"; they should know better. It is ridiculous to seek the opinions of the detached elites in 'beautified' high-brow areas, or the moronic Internet/diaspora twerps posting silly pictures and typing bullshyte in forums and blogs even when they know nothing about the reality on ground.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by jmaine: 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
pro01: Come 2015, Fashola would be dragged in the streets like a common thief. . .unless he is wise enough to escape into exile on May 29, 2015. . .from Alausa to the Airport. Not since Raji Rasaki have I seen any governor of Lagos so hated by the masses he supposedly governs.

Ask the millions of oppressed and downtrodden Lagos masses about Fashola's so-called "success"; they should know better. It is ridiculous to seek the opinions of the detached elites in 'beautified' high-brow areas, [size=14pt]or the moronic Internet/diaspora twerps posting silly pictures and typing bullshyte in forums and blogs even when they know nothing about the reality on ground.[/size]

Perfect . . . . . .

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by omophilip: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
Babatunde RAJI Fashola still remain one of the best hands we have in leadership position today.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by jason123: 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
I am now on ground in Lagos, Nigeria. As most of you know, I love Fashola die but I'll not lie to the diasporans (the uninformed ones which I was ignorantly part of few months back) Fashola hasn't done much this second term. The more time I spend in Lagos, the more I see the damages done by ACN.

My people lets give PDP (a credible, intelligent candidate) a chance in Lagos come 2015. ACN has relax... Moreover, the "lion of burdillion" should not hold that much power. Lagosians have sold their future to Tinubu!!! So sad.

Fashola is good (Nigerian standards) but Tinubu's hold over him is strangling his good name. PDP Lagos 2015, watch this happen!

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by gratiaeo(m): 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2012
babapupa: Another dumb and ret/arded GEJ apologist..

When are you going to how us one single thing your uncle GEJ built and commissioned as a deputy governor, as a governor, as the vice president of Nigeria and as the president of Nigeria?

The thread below just called you a liar.

Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/695873/fashola-eko-o-ni-baje/4

Fashola is overrated and nothing more

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by seanet01: 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123: I am now on ground in Lagos, Nigeria. As most of you know, I love Fashola die but I'll not lie to the diasporans (the uninformed ones which I was ignorantly part of few months back) Fashola hasn't done much this second term. The more time I spend in Lagos, the more I see the damages done by ACN.

My people lets give PDP (a credible, intelligent candidate) a chance in Lagos come 2015. ACN has relax... Moreover, the "lion of burdillion" should not hold that much power. Lagosians have sold their future to Tinubu!!! So sad.

Fashola is good (Nigerian standards) but Tinubu's hold over him is strangling his good name. PDP Lagos 2015, watch this happen!

Thanks.
It is not you that will decide for Lagosians whether Fashola has performed or not.
Your problem is you did not know how Fashola met Lagos and you simply think he has not done much this second term.
By the time Lagosians throw you and PDP out in 2015, you will know pdp gotta no chance in any gubernatorial election in Yoruba land again.
Go to your Delta state and tell them to sack their inept pdp government first.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by BetaThings: 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
Somebody whispered that Amaechi should run with Lamido
Ever since Rivers State's oil wells have been going to other states to frustrate Amaechi

Maybe somebody will suggest that Fashola should run in 2015
So to foreatall that, we have these two threads on FP
No one knows what is coming next

This is a new type of tyranny!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by fergusen: 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by seanet01: 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123: I am now on ground in Lagos, Nigeria. As most of you know, I love Fashola die but I'll not lie to the diasporans (the uninformed ones which I was ignorantly part of few months back) Fashola hasn't done much this second term. The more time I spend in Lagos, the more I see the damages done by ACN.

Thanks.
It is not you that will decide for Lagosians whether Fashola has performed or not.
Your problem is you did not know how Fashola met Lagos and you simply think he has not done much this second term.
By the time Lagosians throw you and PDP out in 2015, you will know pdp gotta no chance in any gubernatorial election in Yoruba land again.
Go to your Delta state and tell them to sack their inept pdp government first.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by jason123: 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
All I'll say is, Lagosians, try PDP 2015! Merry Christmas!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by BetaThings: 9:13pm On Dec 25, 2012

Thanks.
Tell us the lofty examples of PDP states by % ie No of performing PDP governors Vs total no of PDP governors
Even SE is throwing out PDP. Abia does not deserve that suffering under PDP any longer
A few years back, people were saying that Lagos needs to come under PDP rule to enjoy greater federal presence
At the time, Ogun, Ondo and Edo states were under PDP
I looked for the federal effective presence on that Benin Shagamu road. I could not find it
So much for that theory!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by tfk08: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope: Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

If Fashola is such a big success in Lagos like their media want us to believe, why did ACN loose several LGAs in the last LGA election to PDP and ACN had to rig it?

SMH at the level of propaganda from these peeps!

If you want to be sincere, then you have to talk in specifics, not this generalised successes you lot talk about.

What has he achieved in:

Education: Lagos schools are worse of today than they were 10 years ago. Dilapidated structures everywhere with not enough teachers and it isnt even free because the students still pay all sorts of fees. In Lagos, it is only the very poor who cant afford private schools that send their children to government schools. In Benin city, which is ironically another ACN state and in which the governor has done less time than Fashola, It is the other way around. People are widthdrawing their children from private schools and sending them to public schools because the public schools are great. Fashola is the only governor in Nigeria and in the history of Nigeria as far as I can recall, that has increased schools fees by over 1000%. He increased LASU school fees from 25k to 250k and as much as 300k for some courses. This is not even imaginable. It is as diabolical it gets. Then when the students protests, he sends in bruttal policemen to chase them away. Many have had to drop out from school because they cant afford it. This is the same guy who said the FG was too high handed by sending the army to Ojota

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos. I am still wondering where Lagos allocations go. It is funny that every time some credit is giving to Lagos in terms of facility and infrastructure, some of these ACN peeps quickly shout "Fashola is working" as if the facilities are built by Fashola. Lagos has become a business city powered fully by the private sector. All the infrastructures we enjoy in Lagos are built by the private sector, not Fashola. From the cinemas to shoprite to the various entertainment centers et al. I dont understand how that is Fashola working. Propaganda of course. After adding extra lanes to Lekki, he introduced toll gates to a residential area. I mean, that is a first again in Nigeria. Toll gates in a residential area? Some people go from Lekki area to main VI like 5 times daily and back and they have to pay toll fees each time they pass the road. And when the residents protest peacefully, the response, just like the LASU one, is a bruttal assault by his thugs in alliance with the police. He attacked hapless old men on a peaceful protest, yet some pumpkin heads here want us to believe he is a sane and civil guy. If it was GEJ that bruttalized people like that, these same political and tribal jingoist would not let us hear word on NL! Ridiculous to say the least!

Water ways: This is just a funny one. Promises and more promises right from Tinubu's time. Nothing has even left the ground. Total failure here. Nothing to talk about

Transportation: This to me should have been his biggest achievement, but the ban of Okada has rubbushed it. How? The ban of okada has shown that the BRT project is a failure. Totally inadequate. Doesnt even come close to solving half the problem of Lagos transportation. Now, people are trekking like real villagers that Fashola has turned them into and they are swearing for him while they trek. Lagos is now total chaos. The traffic has escalated like times 4. What Okada ban was supposed to achieve, has turn into a total disaster. 3 to 5 hours now to go from Ikeja to VI or back, gauranteed! The traffic is alraming now! No transport on the road. People wait at the busstop for 2,3 hours trying to get a bus or keke. That is the legacy of a failed administrator who knows nothing of how to manage a metropolitan city. He thinks you can just wave a magic wand and scare everyone into submission. And some propaganda crew here wants us to believe he can manage Nigeria. He tops it up with the enactment of the Lagos traffic law 2012. A draconian law that looks like it was written by arrogant baby lawyers. I have read and re-read the law and it makes for a fine comic relief. many of the laws there will not stand a challenge in court. They are as draconian as it gets and many parts of that law contradicts the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. The late Gani would have made a piece meal of it!

Public Amenities: Another big zero! Lagos, after 13 years of ACN rule, still doesnt have public water. I mean in 2012, you cannot open your tap and get clean portable water. You cannot even get unclean water, with all the water in Lagos. A city where you dig only 5 feet in some places and hit water, you cannot get pipe borne water in your house. Yet the state government collects all sorts of taxes like there is no tomorrow. I dont know how a government that cannot even provide something as basic as public water is considered fit to rule Nigeria. Only sychophants would endorse that!

After 13 years of ACN rule, Lagos still reminds me of the movie, slum dog millionaire! That movie should have been shot in Lagos. Would really fit! Fahosla is like a doctor who rubs skin lotion on a sore and closes his eye lid tightly, believing that when he opens his eyes, the sore would have been completely gone. That is what he did in places like Oshodi. He brought in bulldozers and task force agberos and chased everyone away and celebrated the clearing and cleaning of Oshodi. But he forgot that the dirt in Oshodi were created by a depraved and down trodden masses. So by clearing the dirt and not alleviating the plight of the depraved masses, he only rubbed body lotion over a bad sore. Now Oshodi is fast becoming like it was before. And several more Oshodis are springing up. Like Egbeda, Ketu, Ikorodu, Ojodu Berger and many more are becoming the new Oshodi because the problem was never solved. It just got replicated! Please if you want to talk about Fashola's achievements, talk specifics and we would take you serious. as for specifics, they are not impressive. They are all wash! Propaganda at its best. The strategy is simple. Do a project with 1 million naira and promote it with 100 million naira. Fashola will be a very good music artist manager in Nigeria!
U r mad, blind folded,n suffering 4rm nepotismic disorder. Where did u get all these info 4rm, i guess u r 4rm d oda side d world. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by seanet01: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123: All I'll say is, Lagosians, try PDP 2015! Merry Christmas!
Go to delta state and tell them that. You lot have no confidence in living in your states.
You all bring your problem to Lagos as if Lagos is your father christmas. We need to segregate you people
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
jason123: All I'll say is, Lagosians, try PDP 2015! Merry Christmas!

2015 is PDP's best chance. The party would sweep ACN off the ground with their own brooms if they field even a modest candidate. Even the Labour Party stands an excellent chance if they field a popular and charismatic candidate like Jimi Agbaje; he would easily win by a landslide if PDP fields a weak or unpopular candidate. The ACN will NOT even be in the reckoning, I can bet.

It's pathetic how Fashola managed to fritter away the enormous goodwill he accumulated during his first term in office. This always happens when leaders lose the common touch, and lose touch with the pains and real needs/priorities of the majority (i.e. The poor masses, not the minority middle class or rich). You need to talk to the grassroots (those who would vote at the end of the day) to realise just how much they detest this man and all he represents - from Oshodi to Ikorodu to Egbeda to Okokomaiko to Ikotun to Epe, the story is the same. It's almost unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by gratiaeo(m): 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
Fashola is overrated!!!!
Here in Ojo local govt Fashola is not existing at all what we only hear is Lagos state tax, nothing like health center at all, infact no govt presence here in Ojo Local. We keep on hearing that fashola is working but little or nothing to show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Breaking!!!! Musiliu Obanikoro Rejects Result Of Pdp Primaries / Battle For Saraki’s Seat / House Of Representatives Wants Nigeria Returned To Parliamentary System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.