Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Truth About Fashola's Success - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Fashola's Success (23126 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by omosexy1: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
ballabriggs:

I am not from Lagos and I am not a yoruba man so please stick that your tribalism yarn away abeg. What I want is to reduce the pressure on Lagos.

Good for you because you were beginning to sound like one. You are yet to make any positive contributions on this thread rather than attack comments. I would like to even ask you a question; maybe you belong to the class of nairalanders that enjoy attacking comments.

Is Fashola working to you? If yes provide an extract of evidence for performance evaluation.

What have you benefitted in terms of social infrastructure in Lagos for the past 14 years?
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
ballabriggs:

BOOO!!! More population translates to more money if they pay their taxes accordingly and not for people who do not even have a meaningful job. It will be an advantage if it is at an optimal stage, however, what Lagos has today is a crowd milking the social infrastructure and resources dry. It is at a sub-optimal stage!!!

What is the definition of meaningful job? You are not making sense at all. Even the kole kole pays taxes. Kai goes around everyday collecting all sorts of tolls and taxes. Lastma collects all sorts of fees. What are you yapping really! 30 billion IGR monthly says it all. How much does it take to build a school or an hospital? How much does it take to fix a road? How much does it take to build water works? Go to Benin or Uyo and see how a public school should look like. How much is FG allocation to Edo state and their monthly IGR? You are defending the indefensable my friend!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by gratiaeo(m): 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
ballabriggs:

I am not from Lagos and I am not a yoruba man so please stick that your tribalism yarn away abeg. What I want is to reduce the pressure on Lagos.

The more Lagos does, the more problem it gets. Why? Because as it improves social infrastructure, more and more people flood into the state in search of that which is not available elsewhere.

Roads in the SS and SE are nothing to write home about. Why? Because Jona and Ngozi dey chop N5 trillion.
Lol
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
babapupa: Another dumb and ret/arded GEJ apologist..

When are you going to how us one single thing your uncle GEJ built and commissioned as a deputy governor, as a governor, as the vice president of Nigeria and as the president of Nigeria?

The thread below just called you a liar.

Fashola (eko O Ni Baje ) Updates (pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/695873/fashola-eko-o-ni-baje/4

Why did you have to debase yourself so low on Christmas day and resort to personal attacks rather than present your arguments factually?

The fact that Fashola will not be standing for reelection presents a window of opportunity to the opposition and I strongly believe the party that presents the most acceptable and articulate candidate will win in 2015.

Meanwhile Fashola as president of the federal republic of Nigeria remains a pipedream . . . Sorry ACN apologists!

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
Why did you have to debase yourself so low on Christmas day and resort to personal attacks rather than present your arguments factually?The fact that Fashola will not be standing for reelection presents a window of opportunity to the opposition and I strongly believe the party that presents the most acceptable and articulate candidate will win in 2015.Meanwhile Fashola as president of the federal republic of Nigeria remains a pipedream . . . Sorry ACN apologists!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by gratiaeo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope:

What is the definition of meaningful job? You are not making sense at all. Even the kole kole pays taxes. Kai goes around everyday collecting all sorts of tolls and taxes. Lastma collects all sorts of fees. What are you yapping really! 30 billion IGR monthly says it all. How much does it take to build a school or an hospital? How much does it take to fix a road? How much does it take to build water works? Go to Benin or Uyo and see how a public school should look like. How much is FG allocation to Edo state and their monthly IGR? You are defending the indefensable my friend!
Guy you are on point here
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Guk: 11:17pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope: Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

If Fashola is such a big success in Lagos like their media want us to believe, why did ACN loose several LGAs in the last LGA election to PDP and ACN had to rig it?

SMH at the level of propaganda from these peeps!

If you want to be sincere, then you have to talk in specifics, not this generalised successes you lot talk about.

What has he achieved in:

Education: Lagos schools are worse of today than they were 10 years ago. Dilapidated structures everywhere with not enough teachers and it isnt even free because the students still pay all sorts of fees. In Lagos, it is only the very poor who cant afford private schools that send their children to government schools. In Benin city, which is ironically another ACN state and in which the governor has done less time than Fashola, It is the other way around. People are widthdrawing their children from private schools and sending them to public schools because the public schools are great. Fashola is the only governor in Nigeria and in the history of Nigeria as far as I can recall, that has increased schools fees by over 1000%. He increased LASU school fees from 25k to 250k and as much as 300k for some courses. This is not even imaginable. It is as diabolical it gets. Then when the students protests, he sends in bruttal policemen to chase them away. Many have had to drop out from school because they cant afford it. This is the same guy who said the FG was too high handed by sending the army to Ojota

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos. I am still wondering where Lagos allocations go. It is funny that every time some credit is giving to Lagos in terms of facility and infrastructure, some of these ACN peeps quickly shout "Fashola is working" as if the facilities are built by Fashola. Lagos has become a business city powered fully by the private sector. All the infrastructures we enjoy in Lagos are built by the private sector, not Fashola. From the cinemas to shoprite to the various entertainment centers et al. I dont understand how that is Fashola working. Propaganda of course. After adding extra lanes to Lekki, he introduced toll gates to a residential area. I mean, that is a first again in Nigeria. Toll gates in a residential area? Some people go from Lekki area to main VI like 5 times daily and back and they have to pay toll fees each time they pass the road. And when the residents protest peacefully, the response, just like the LASU one, is a bruttal assault by his thugs in alliance with the police. He attacked hapless old men on a peaceful protest, yet some pumpkin heads here want us to believe he is a sane and civil guy. If it was GEJ that bruttalized people like that, these same political and tribal jingoist would not let us hear word on NL! Ridiculous to say the least!

Water ways: This is just a funny one. Promises and more promises right from Tinubu's time. Nothing has even left the ground. Total failure here. Nothing to talk about

Transportation: This to me should have been his biggest achievement, but the ban of Okada has rubbushed it. How? The ban of okada has shown that the BRT project is a failure. Totally inadequate. Doesnt even come close to solving half the problem of Lagos transportation. Now, people are trekking like real villagers that Fashola has turned them into and they are swearing for him while they trek. Lagos is now total chaos. The traffic has escalated like times 4. What Okada ban was supposed to achieve, has turn into a total disaster. 3 to 5 hours now to go from Ikeja to VI or back, gauranteed! The traffic is alraming now! No transport on the road. People wait at the busstop for 2,3 hours trying to get a bus or keke. That is the legacy of a failed administrator who knows nothing of how to manage a metropolitan city. He thinks you can just wave a magic wand and scare everyone into submission. And some propaganda crew here wants us to believe he can manage Nigeria. He tops it up with the enactment of the Lagos traffic law 2012. A draconian law that looks like it was written by arrogant baby lawyers. I have read and re-read the law and it makes for a fine comic relief. many of the laws there will not stand a challenge in court. They are as draconian as it gets and many parts of that law contradicts the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. The late Gani would have made a piece meal of it!

Public Amenities: Another big zero! Lagos, after 13 years of ACN rule, still doesnt have public water. I mean in 2012, you cannot open your tap and get clean portable water. You cannot even get unclean water, with all the water in Lagos. A city where you dig only 5 feet in some places and hit water, you cannot get pipe borne water in your house. Yet the state government collects all sorts of taxes like there is no tomorrow. I dont know how a government that cannot even provide something as basic as public water is considered fit to rule Nigeria. Only sychophants would endorse that!

After 13 years of ACN rule, Lagos still reminds me of the movie, slum dog millionaire! That movie should have been shot in Lagos. Would really fit! Fahosla is like a doctor who rubs skin lotion on a sore and closes his eye lid tightly, believing that when he opens his eyes, the sore would have been completely gone. That is what he did in places like Oshodi. He brought in bulldozers and task force agberos and chased everyone away and celebrated the clearing and cleaning of Oshodi. But he forgot that the dirt in Oshodi were created by a depraved and down trodden masses. So by clearing the dirt and not alleviating the plight of the depraved masses, he only rubbed body lotion over a bad sore. Now Oshodi is fast becoming like it was before. And several more Oshodis are springing up. Like Egbeda, Ketu, Ikorodu, Ojodu Berger and many more are becoming the new Oshodi because the problem was never solved. It just got replicated! Please if you want to talk about Fashola's achievements, talk specifics and we would take you serious. as for specifics, they are not impressive. They are all wash! Propaganda at its best. The strategy is simple. Do a project with 1 million naira and promote it with 100 million naira. Fashola will be a very good music artist manager in Nigeria!

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by omosexy1: 11:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
@thelastpope do not bother yourself. It is very clear that Fashola isn't working or is working at a pace slow enough for any improvement in the quality of lives for Lagosians. Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. However, I am shocked at the comments people make here, many some disgusting. Some choose to bring in tribalism, which I consider to be a reflection of insanity to those tribalists.

Lagos is not on the same level with any state or city in the country not even Abuja. Hence I do not understand the comparison with other states. Lagos, by now if we have innovative leaders, should be a model which other states should be copying. The City has everything it needs to even rival Johannesburg. That is the level the next Lagos Governor should be thinking. Provide a working plan, empower L.G Chairmen (they should be responsible for roads, public schooling, healthcare). Each Local Government should have a hospital (this can even create more jobs). Licence roads to private investors with a 3 year renewal who will provide buses and private taxes. Do away with the touts we have in the city. Generate Power and of course invite more private investors to come invest in the state.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ballabriggs: 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope:

Benin or Uyo? I laugh. Those guys have not achieved half of what Fash has achieved in Lagos. Is it Schools? How many classroom blocks have they built compared to Fash. How many are in edo public schools compared to Lagos. Is it roads, how many kilometers of road have they rehabilitated, reconstructed and constructed compared to Fash. Is it free health service, how many have benefited in Edo compared to Lagos. What is the rate of patients visit in Edo Hospitals compared to Lagos. On a per capita basis, the revenue of Lagos is almost similar or less than that of Akwa Ibom and Edo. So what are you going on about? Keep your lies to yourself.

Generating such amount of revenue is even an achievement in itself. Is tax administration in a developing economy with a large informal sector an easy task? What was the IGR before these guys came on board? It takes having a strategy and implementing it properly to achieve such.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Guk:

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/

Why are you refering us to your propaganda? I dont get it.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Shittaakeem: @ op am sure ur father is an okada rider cus a normal lagosian has no problem with fashola up lagos up ACN eko oni baje ooo

So a person who is an okada rider or whose father is an okada rider is not fit to be regarded as a "normal" Lagosian? This is the kind of repugnant arrogance and elitism that some of us decry in Fashola and his misguided supporters.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by gratiaeo(m): 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
Animal Congress of Nigeria (A C N)
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ballabriggs: 11:22pm On Dec 25, 2012
omosexy1:

Good for you because you were beginning to sound like one. You are yet to make any positive contributions on this thread rather than attack comments. I would like to even ask you a question; maybe you belong to the class of nairalanders that enjoy attacking comments.

Is Fashola working to you? If yes provide an extract of evidence for performance evaluation.

What have you benefitted in terms of social infrastructure in Lagos for the past 14 years?

Here is your answer

The more Lagos does, the more problem it gets. Why? Because as it improves social infrastructure, more and more people flood into the state in search of that which is not available elsewhere.

Roads in the SS and SE are nothing to write home about. Why? Because Jona and Ngozi dey chop N5 trillion.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
ballabriggs:

Benin or Uyo? I laugh. Those guys have not achieved half of what Fash has achieved in Lagos. Is it Schools? How many classroom blocks have they built compared to Fash. Is it roads, how many kilometers of road have they rehabilitated, reconstructed and constructed compared to Fash. Is it free health service, how many have benefited in Edo compared to Lagos. On a per capita basis, the revenue of Lagos is almost similar or less than that of Akwa Ibom and Edo. So what are you going on about? Keep your lies to yourself.

Generating such amount of revenue is even an achievement in itself. Is tax administration in a developing economy with a large informal sector an easy task? What was the IGR before these guys came on board? It takes having a strategy and implementing it properly to achieve such.

My friend, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. If Fashola has built so much schools, private schools in Lagos will not be blossoming so well and springing up more and more everyday. Do you have any of your siblings in a Lagos public school? Of course I dont expect you to speak the truth here but please search your conscience and stop being a sycophant!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Ashmark(m): 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
I can't just believe that somebody will come up with all this lies...Fashola is nt perfect but he has really tried for Lagos..Am sure you're not staying in Lagos but incase you are,you need to visit Alausa and collect your #3,000 so you can move back to your village....The populatn in Lagos is 3much,maybe dt's why is hard to see what he's doin.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ballabriggs: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope:

My friend, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. If Fashola has built so much schools, private schools in Lagos will not be blossoming so well and springing up more and more everyday. Do you have any of your siblings in a Lagos public school? Of course I dont expect you to speak the truth here but please search your conscience and stop being a sycophant!

This is your answer here.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by mfm04622: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope: Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

If Fashola is such a big success in Lagos like their media want us to believe, why did ACN loose several LGAs in the last LGA election to PDP and ACN had to rig it?

SMH at the level of propaganda from these peeps!

If you want to be sincere, then you have to talk in specifics, not this generalised successes you lot talk about.

What has he achieved in:

Education: Lagos schools are worse of today than they were 10 years ago. Dilapidated structures everywhere with not enough teachers and it isnt even free because the students still pay all sorts of fees. In Lagos, it is only the very poor who cant afford private schools that send their children to government schools. In Benin city, which is ironically another ACN state and in which the governor has done less time than Fashola, It is the other way around. People are widthdrawing their children from private schools and sending them to public schools because the public schools are great. Fashola is the only governor in Nigeria and in the history of Nigeria as far as I can recall, that has increased schools fees by over 1000%. He increased LASU school fees from 25k to 250k and as much as 300k for some courses. This is not even imaginable. It is as diabolical it gets. Then when the students protests, he sends in bruttal policemen to chase them away. Many have had to drop out from school because they cant afford it. This is the same guy who said the FG was too high handed by sending the army to Ojota

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos. I am still wondering where Lagos allocations go. It is funny that every time some credit is giving to Lagos in terms of facility and infrastructure, some of these ACN peeps quickly shout "Fashola is working" as if the facilities are built by Fashola. Lagos has become a business city powered fully by the private sector. All the infrastructures we enjoy in Lagos are built by the private sector, not Fashola. From the cinemas to shoprite to the various entertainment centers et al. I dont understand how that is Fashola working. Propaganda of course. After adding extra lanes to Lekki, he introduced toll gates to a residential area. I mean, that is a first again in Nigeria. Toll gates in a residential area? Some people go from Lekki area to main VI like 5 times daily and back and they have to pay toll fees each time they pass the road. And when the residents protest peacefully, the response, just like the LASU one, is a bruttal assault by his thugs in alliance with the police. He attacked hapless old men on a peaceful protest, yet some pumpkin heads here want us to believe he is a sane and civil guy. If it was GEJ that bruttalized people like that, these same political and tribal jingoist would not let us hear word on NL! Ridiculous to say the least!

Water ways: This is just a funny one. Promises and more promises right from Tinubu's time. Nothing has even left the ground. Total failure here. Nothing to talk about

Transportation: This to me should have been his biggest achievement, but the ban of Okada has rubbushed it. How? The ban of okada has shown that the BRT project is a failure. Totally inadequate. Doesnt even come close to solving half the problem of Lagos transportation. Now, people are trekking like real villagers that Fashola has turned them into and they are swearing for him while they trek. Lagos is now total chaos. The traffic has escalated like times 4. What Okada ban was supposed to achieve, has turn into a total disaster. 3 to 5 hours now to go from Ikeja to VI or back, gauranteed! The traffic is alraming now! No transport on the road. People wait at the busstop for 2,3 hours trying to get a bus or keke. That is the legacy of a failed administrator who knows nothing of how to manage a metropolitan city. He thinks you can just wave a magic wand and scare everyone into submission. And some propaganda crew here wants us to believe he can manage Nigeria. He tops it up with the enactment of the Lagos traffic law 2012. A draconian law that looks like it was written by arrogant baby lawyers. I have read and re-read the law and it makes for a fine comic relief. many of the laws there will not stand a challenge in court. They are as draconian as it gets and many parts of that law contradicts the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. The late Gani would have made a piece meal of it!

Public Amenities: Another big zero! Lagos, after 13 years of ACN rule, still doesnt have public water. I mean in 2012, you cannot open your tap and get clean portable water. You cannot even get unclean water, with all the water in Lagos. A city where you dig only 5 feet in some places and hit water, you cannot get pipe borne water in your house. Yet the state government collects all sorts of taxes like there is no tomorrow. I dont know how a government that cannot even provide something as basic as public water is considered fit to rule Nigeria. Only sychophants would endorse that!

After 13 years of ACN rule, Lagos still reminds me of the movie, slum dog millionaire! That movie should have been shot in Lagos. Would really fit! Fahosla is like a doctor who rubs skin lotion on a sore and closes his eye lid tightly, believing that when he opens his eyes, the sore would have been completely gone. That is what he did in places like Oshodi. He brought in bulldozers and task force agberos and chased everyone away and celebrated the clearing and cleaning of Oshodi. But he forgot that the dirt in Oshodi were created by a depraved and down trodden masses. So by clearing the dirt and not alleviating the plight of the depraved masses, he only rubbed body lotion over a bad sore. Now Oshodi is fast becoming like it was before. And several more Oshodis are springing up. Like Egbeda, Ketu, Ikorodu, Ojodu Berger and many more are becoming the new Oshodi because the problem was never solved. It just got replicated! Please if you want to talk about Fashola's achievements, talk specifics and we would take you serious. as for specifics, they are not impressive. They are all wash! Propaganda at its best. The strategy is simple. Do a project with 1 million naira and promote it with 100 million naira. Fashola will beo a very good music artist manager in Nigeria!

This write up is designed to mislead readers. Since you addressed specific areas, I will respond to specifics too.
1) Education: school fees paid by undergraduates was increased but the increase did not affect those already in school, only new intakes. So how come students have to drop out? So my opinion the write up is designed to mislead.
2) Healthcare: Fashola completed the Igando General Hospital that has been under construction for many years before he came. I also know he upgraded LASUTH and other hospitals. So this assertion is also not true.
3) Roads: I know of two roads Fashola started and finished, two roads linking Mile 2 - Badagry expressway to Iyana-Iba to Isheri road. He also renovated Isheri to Iyana-Ipaja road. Those are the ones I know. I am very sure he constructed other roads too. Haba!!!!
4) Water ways: Since I do not use the water ways, I have nothing to say to your claim.
5) Transport: if you visit any General hospital in the morning or evening, you will know the human cost of this type of transportation. I boldly make this claim, before the ban, there is no day people don't lose lives and limbs to accidents caused by okadas. So a responsible government is supposed to siddon and look abi? You are making this position because okada have not hit any you or your relative. The technical base any country need to prosper is not there in Nigeria because of the easy money from okada. It is so bad that if you need first class masons, tillers, carpenters, etc you look for foreigners in that profession!
6) Public amenities: I know an IPP was constructed and completed to supply power to Iju Water Works because it was discovered that the water works was not performing optimally because of poor power supply. What of many drainages to prevent flooding?
I am not saying Fashola could not have done better, but to say he has not done anything is blatant lie

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Agbegilodo: 11:25pm On Dec 25, 2012
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Agbegilodo: 11:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Agbegilodo: 11:26pm On Dec 25, 2012
omosexy1:

Fashola should be building more bridges from Island to Mainland to reduce the traffic congestion on 3rd mainland (which is even artificial). He should stop categorizing roads as Federal road. Oshodi-Apapa road is in shambles yet no work has been done because they say it is a federal road.

Please stop all these ignorant posts... Why should a state government repair a federal road with scarce resources? The same road you are complaining about has been awarded to Julius Berger by the Federal Government years back. The only time the state government will fix a federal road is if the FG will agree to refund the expenses. However, the Federal Ministry of Works will kick against this because that is where they get their "bread and butter" from.

@OP... Don't really know what your agenda is but you need to grow up. Lagos State has definitely changed for the better... If you don't like it please relocate to another state. No be by force to live in Lagos. You also complained on the cost of the new houses i.e. N10 - N15 million naira... Do you want the Lagos Sate government to dash you house?? Making a dumb statement that no new road has been built by the Fashola administration requires to go to church and pray for forgiveness before the new year...

I have my own issues with the state government with regards to the Lekki Toll and the fact that there is little access to portable water in Lekki Phase 1... But I also know that there are numerous projects competing for the same resources and any responsible government will have to prioritize the order in which the projects are executed.

I think it is a pure waste of energy trying to convince the OP on the acheivements of the current administration........
Next.....

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by omosexy1: 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Ashmark: I can't just believe that somebody will come up with all this lies...Fashola is nt perfect but he has really tried for Lagos..Am sure you're not staying in Lagos but incase you are,you need to visit Alausa and collect your #3,000 so you can move back to your village....The populatn in Lagos is 3much,maybe dt's why is hard to see what he's doin.

Why are you blaming it on population - Jesus. This is a mediocre answer.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by talktimi(m): 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
ballabriggs:

from your comments so far, its obvious you're a tribalist or at the least you have a very poor opinion of people from otueke or ogwashi uku.
I can't say anything about your intelligence but your maturity level is also in question because proper arguments in a public forum such as this demands that you have respect for peoples you might come across instead of using derogatory languages on their places of origin and argue with proper facts that can stand up to proper verification eg when you say roads in the SS and SE are bad because Jona and Ngozi dey chop N5 trillion that really even puts your intelligence into some doubt. So please let's keep it clean here and stop the mud slinging.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
Let me use Oshiomole as an example of good adminstration in comparison:

The Benin-Lagos road inside Benin city is one road that has been a big mess for years and it is a federal road. Everyone has been clamouring for years that it be fixed. What did Oshiomole do? He took on the minister of works. It became a big fight and then Oshiomole simply moved in his buldozers to fix the road. When the minister saw that, he knew it would be trouble for him if Oshiomole fixed the road so he had to move in quickly to fix it. As we speak, the road is almost complete and nicely laid. Heavy drainage works have been going on for some months now.

That is how a good administrator works. But what did Lagos state government do in its own case? They simply abandoned the federal roads and mounted signboards there, telling everyone that it isnt their responsibility as if GEJ is the one using the road. Now Oshodi Apapa all the way thru Tin Can to Wharf is a complete mess and death trap. Such a very important road to the Lagos economy. And you come here and tell us nansense. SMH!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Ekestar(m): 11:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
seanet01: Ibos and their stvpidity.
Fashola did not construct any road for the past six year?
This gotta be a joke
have you forgotten that Fashola constructed more roads than Ghana?
Some people are just plain dumb.
May God punish u,for calling ibos.Idio

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ballabriggs: 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
talktimi: from your comments so far, its obvious you're a tribalist or at the least you have a very poor opinion of people from otueke or ogwashi uku.
I can't say anything about your intelligence but your maturity level is also in question because proper arguments in a public forum such as this demands that you have respect for peoples you might come across instead of using derogatory languages on their places of origin and argue with proper facts that can stand up to proper verification eg when you say roads in the SS and SE are bad because Jona and Ngozi dey chop N5 trillion that really even puts your intelligence into some doubt. So please let's keep it clean here and stop the mud slinging.

Did they not steal N5 trillion? From available records the theft is at a nuclear proportion.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by onatisi(m): 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
seanet01: Ibos and their stvpidity.
Fashola did not construct any road for the past six year?
This gotta be a joke
have you forgotten that Fashola constructed more roads than Ghana?
Some people are just plain dumb.
pls tell me u are joking
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ballabriggs: 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope: Let me use Oshiomole as an example of good adminstration in comparison:

The Benin-Lagos road inside Benin city is one road that has been a big mess for years and it is a federal road. Everyone has been clamouring for years that it be fixed. What did Oshiomole do? He took on the minister of works. It became a big fight and then Oshiomole simply moved in his buldozers to fix the road. When the minister saw that, he knew it would be trouble for him if Oshiomole fixed the road so he had to move in quickly to fix it. As we speak, the road is almost complete and nicely laid. Heavy drainage works have been going on for some months now.

That is how a good administrator works. But what did Lagos state government do in its own case? They simply abandoned the federal roads and mounted signboards there, telling everyone that it isnt their responsibility as if GEJ is the one using the road. Now Oshodi Apapa all the way thru Tin Can to Wharf is a complete mess and death trap. Such a very important road to the Lagos economy. And you come here and tell us nansense. SMH!

Is Murtala Muhammed way a state road? Is Funsho Williams Avenue a state road? Is the Badagry expressway a state road. Some failed portions of Ikorodu to Itoikin was fixed by Fash in 2008. Agege Motor road by Oshodi Isale, Ikorodu Road.

How many e wan do sef!!! E go kill in sef because Ngozi and Jona no gree work? E go kill in sef because Jona dey chop N5 trillion?
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Kehnyshavin: 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
Am nt a propangaist,bt i wld say dat Fashola has tried,4rm lagbus,BRT,environmental sanitatn,i wld say he is working,although he has slacked.for those of u talking trash abt fash nt working u jst need 2listen 2Traffic radio evryday 2knw dat indeed fashola don try
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
mfm04622:

This write up is designed to mislead readers. Since you addressed specific areas, I will respond to specifics too.
1) Education: school fees paid by undergraduates was increased but the increase did not affect those already in school, only new intakes. So how come students have to drop out? So my opinion the write up is designed to mislead.
2) Healthcare: Fashola completed the Igando General Hospital that has been under construction for many years before he came. I also know he upgraded LASUTH and other hospitals. So this assertion is also not true.
3) Roads: I know of two roads Fashola started and finished, two roads linking Mile 2 - Badagry expressway to Iyana-Iba to Isheri road. He also renovated Isheri to Iyana-Ipaja road. Those are the ones I know. I am very sure he constructed other roads too. Haba!!!!
4) Water ways: Since I do not use the water ways, I have nothing to say to your claim.
5) Transport: if you visit any General hospital in the morning or evening, you will know the human cost of this type of transportation. I boldly make this claim, before the ban, there is no day people don't lose lives and limbs to accidents caused by okadas. So a responsible government is supposed to siddon and look abi? You are making this position because okada have not hit any you or your relative. The technical base any country need to prosper is not there in Nigeria because of the easy money from okada. It is so bad that if you need first class masons, tillers, carpenters, etc you look for foreigners in that profession!
6) Public amenities: I know an IPP was constructed and completed to supply power to Iju Water Works because it was discovered that the water works was not performing optimally because of poor power supply. What of many drainages to prevent flooding?
I am not saying Fashola could not have done better, but to say he has not done anything is blatant lie

What is designed to mislead is actually the ACn propaganda machine that went to Ondo state and said Mimiko has done nothing. Yet when the same standard is applied to you guys, you scream injustice! stop whinning bro!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
onatisi:
pls tell me u are joking

ROTFL! Bros na so we see am oh! This is the propaganda we have been living with for ages!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by readone1(m): 11:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
@ poster who paid you to blackmail fashola's goverment and how much are they paying you
somebody will do the same thing to you too someday
remember the law of karma state"what goes around comes around"
the Bible says "love you neigbour as your self" what you want others to do to you is what you should do to them
the Quran says "whatever you do to somebody will also be done to you" and
hadith says "dont backbite nor slander ur fellow human being cos if u do its as if you are eating his fl
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by omosexy1: 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
thelastPope: Let me use Oshiomole as an example of good adminstration in comparison:

Please let them know - Is it Minister of Works or GEJ that ply that road. A road that is in your State. I wonder the kind of Leaders we have and yet someone is telling me he means well. I do not blame Fashola and I have giving up on him. Actually he is better than his predecessor but he is a mediocre like GEJ and other political holders. I thought he would take Lagos to the next level but he delivered like a mediocre (receiving accolades for repairing existing roads the same thing other governors do). Hmmm, he is actually a product of his society. THE NEVER DO WELL POLITICIANS WHO THINK SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT IS REPAIRING ROADS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Yoruba Leaders Divided Over Oduduwa Republic Agitation / Akin Adesina Rejects ₦100 Million APC Presidential Nomination Forms / “Emulate Peter Obi”. Sierra Leonean Electoral Chief To The Country’s Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.