Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage (8895 Views)

Lagos To Phase Out Motorcycles, Danfo –investigation / FG Approves New Automotive Industrial Policy, To Phase Out 'Tokubo' / Lagos to Purchase 100000 Units of Minibuses,to Phase Out Danfo By Dec 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Ramtzy: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2012
Useless people....!!!!! Ordinary gas to sufficiently power turbine is still a dream, they are here telling us LPG to phase out kerosene.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by thelastPope(m): 10:33am On Dec 21, 2012
Abagworo: I can't even imagine suya made with LPG.

Why are you lot this ignarant sef? I just can't understand! In Egypt, corn is roasted on the street with LPG! Same for Tunisia and Algeria!

The amount of ignorance on display on NL is alarming! Is this how the next generation reasons? Terrible!

2 Likes

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by thelastPope(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2012
Ramtzy: Useless people....!!!!! Ordinary gas to sufficiently power turbine is still a dream, they are here telling us LPG to phase out kerosene.

Nigeria produces LPG in abundance. The reason it has been difficult to get gas to run the power stations is because OBJ situated the power stations hundreds of kilometers away from the gas plants! Your ignorance is shameful!

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by henrychubayo: 11:04am On Dec 21, 2012
The best cooking method is electric stove. it dosen;t smoke nor dirty the pot. You can even see the fire but can feel the hot heat from it. FG plz give our people constant power to use in cooking. Here in south, people selling kerosine are going home hungry cause no one buys.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2012
that man who allegedly suspended the construction of new refineries now wants to phase out kerosene, he needs to have his mental faculties re-examined!
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Demdem(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2012
thelastPope:

Nigeria produces LPG in abundance. The reason it has been difficult to get gas to run the power stations is because OBJ situated the power stations hundreds of kilometers away from the gas plants! angry angry angry Your ignorance is shameful!

Lost pope, ur stupidity and lies i repeat are legendary. Read and learn.

I am constrained to say that the facts that pertain to the four plants established during the period and which can be verified by all, clearly show that nothing can be farther from the truth than Ngige’s assertion above. The siting of the plants namely, Papalanto (Olorunsogo), Omotosho, Geregu and Afam V were based on sound technical consideration and the prices at which the plants were procured were highly competitive by global standards and are the cheapest Nigeria has ever procured viz:

1) The Papalanto and Omotosho plants were located less than five kilometres to the existing Escravos – Lagos Gas Pipeline making the cost of connecting them to gas less than $5million each.

2) The Geregu plant was located less than eight kilometres from the existing Pipeline that takes gas to the Ajaokuta Steel plant.

3) The AfamV Plant was located within the existing Afam Power Plant and therefore did not need any special pipe laying.

4) The distance of all the four power plants from existing major transmission lines is less than two kilometres making the cost of connection to the National Grid infinitesimal.

5) The turnkey costs of all the four power plants were less than $500 per megawatt which was verified by the Due Process Office to be globally very competitive. The benchmark price used for the NIPP projects which came up later was more than $1000 per megawatt.

6) All the four plants were completed within 24 months from contractors’ mobilisation, making them the fastest of deliveries in the history of Nigeria. AfamV was commissioned within 12 months!

Go here and complete ur lecture.

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/ngige-was-wrong-on-obasanjo-power-plants/

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by otokx(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2012
thelastPope:

Why are you lot this ignarant sef? I just can't understand! In Egypt, corn is roasted on the street with LPG! Same for Tunisia and Algeria!

The amount of ignorance on display on NL is alarming! Is this how the next generation reasons? Terrible!

mediocrity is in surplus demand because the people are unlightened.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by ElCaballa(m): 11:56am On Dec 21, 2012
FG una don come again.first it was census for unemployed people, now gas.una wan make my granny burn down that 4bedroom flat wey my fada manage build for villa abi? God dey ooooooo

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by BetaThings: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
sean079: this is good move that should have taken place decade ago, because this only require infrastructure to be put in place and then gradually we can moved to the use of electricity as tym goes on inwhich those gas can now b utilised in steam turbine to generate electricity that will be useful commercially and domestically.

Anybody who believes that this system is designed to help the masses has never been to Nigeria
How easy it is to carry LPG to remote locations whereas kerosene is easy to carry around without danger
A leaking valve on a LPG cylinder is a problem. If Kerosene spills, no problem
Poor people can buy just half a bottle of kerosene just like we have N100 recharge card
How do you that with LPG?
An old leaking stove is no big deal
When a gas cooker is leaking what do you do

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by NAJALYN: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Good. So what now, Goverment will put spies everywhere to monitor us and sanction those who use kerosene or firewood? I pray ooo!
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by taharqa: 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
Walexz02: See mumu talk.... Try and make the LPG cheaper and affordable to the poor by building and repairing refineries and wait and see, wether pple wil start using it or not..
And you dey call oda persons Mu.mu...what is d relationship bw Refineries and LPG (liquified gas) supply?.... KIDS
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by taharqa: 1:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
GOOD move, and about time too.... People shld go and familiarize demselves wit what just OANDO is doing in dis respect (google at least) b4 posting ignorant rantings publicly....

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
Very GOOD move!! But before this is introduce into the system, the masses should be adequately educated b4 hand to minimize the level of resistance.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by thelastPope(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Demdem:

Lost pope, ur stupidity and lies i repeat are legendary. Read and learn.

I am constrained to say that the facts that pertain to the four plants established during the period and which can be verified by all, clearly show that nothing can be farther from the truth than Ngige’s assertion above. The siting of the plants namely, Papalanto (Olorunsogo), Omotosho, Geregu and Afam V were based on sound technical consideration and the prices at which the plants were procured were highly competitive by global standards and are the cheapest Nigeria has ever procured viz:

1) The Papalanto and Omotosho plants were located less than five kilometres to the existing Escravos – Lagos Gas Pipeline making the cost of connecting them to gas less than $5million each.

2) The Geregu plant was located less than eight kilometres from the existing Pipeline that takes gas to the Ajaokuta Steel plant.

3) The AfamV Plant was located within the existing Afam Power Plant and therefore did not need any special pipe laying.

4) The distance of all the four power plants from existing major transmission lines is less than two kilometres making the cost of connection to the National Grid infinitesimal.

5) The turnkey costs of all the four power plants were less than $500 per megawatt which was verified by the Due Process Office to be globally very competitive. The benchmark price used for the NIPP projects which came up later was more than $1000 per megawatt.

6) All the four plants were completed within 24 months from contractors’ mobilisation, making them the fastest of deliveries in the history of Nigeria. AfamV was commissioned within 12 months!

Go here and complete ur lecture.

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/ngige-was-wrong-on-obasanjo-power-plants/

You have started talking nonsense again? What lecture or research do you need to know that the power stations should have been built in delta or bayelsa state. Even a toddler would know that! Posting a stup1d link from a stup1d source? You have no common sense! This is the same thinking behind the laying of pipelines from warri to kaduna! Pathetic!
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Demdem(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
thelastPope:

You have started talking nonsense again? What lecture or research do you need to know that the power stations should have been built in delta or bayelsa state. Even a toddler would know that! Posting a stup1d link from a stup1d source? You have no common sense! This is the same thinking behind the laying of pipelines from warri to kaduna! Pathetic!

Fool, u never admit that u are a public liar, do u?

U said:

thelastPope:

The reason it has been difficult to get gas to run the power stations is because OBJ situated the power stations hundreds of kilometers away from the gas plants!

And i have been able to prove to u that its not so instead less than 10kilometers to gas source. Now u are talking of situating all these plants in delta, bayelsa grin grin cant u just see that u are simply useless.

Dumb, if the source i provided is stupid like u suggested, why dont u give us another that will authenticate ur hundreds of kilometers grin grin grin

Shameless He-Goat. grin grin
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by codedguy1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
taharqa: And you dey call oda persons Mu.mu...what is d relationship bw Refineries and LPG (liquified gas) supply?.... KIDS

The quality of your ignorance is top notch. Firstly the meaning of LPG is LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS and not LIQUEFIED GAS as you defined. So if the P in LPG means petroleum, ask yourself again "what's the relationship btw LPG and refineries" and who then is the ignorant kid?
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Image123(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
sean079:

kerosine ke in this new era abeg forget kerosine its just a tool of corruption in the hand of those bad eggs
anything is a tool for corruption, money, crude oil, power etc
The point is that kerosene is safer for the common than lpg. We don't have good hospitals, fire services, 911, fire alarms etc. lpg is more insane than okadas ón the highway.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by demmy(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Finally!!! Government has finally decided to stop selling bomb to their own people. If GEJ can do this... shocked
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by taharqa: 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
coded guy:

The quality of your ignorance is top notch. Firstly the meaning of LPG is LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS and not LIQUEFIED GAS as you defined. So if the P in LPG means petroleum, ask yourself again "what's the relationship btw LPG and refineries" and who then is the ignorant kid?
Na wa o. Are u actuali accusing me of ignorance here? Who didnt know dat LPG means Liquified Petroleum Gas? When i said 'liquified gas', i wasnt trying to give d full meaning of d acronym dats why it was in small case, i only wantd to point out dat we were talking about GAS there (liquified one in dis instance) and wondering what d connectn is bw GAS and refineries?.... Tell us d connectn abeg? By d way, are u knew on NL? And i was also wondering if u tink dis place is FG or togo?...*smh*
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by andyanders: 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
coded guy: Why do we like deceiving ourselves in this country sef. Why not make the damn refineries work well and build new ones, and when they are working optimally the products would be made available to nigerians at a cheaper rate which will eventually make it more reasonable to acquire by the poor. This includes harnessing the gas that we flare every day. If it becomes cheap and available why would anyone want o use kerosene or go to the bush to suffer to cut wood to cook. If the right things are done some of our problems will die naturally or atleast be reduced drastically. They need to attack the proBlem from the top and holistically.

Good response and when an irresponsible government start making plans they cannot accomplish, it just make me wonder the personalities we parade as those who govern us. How come the kerosene could not be made available when it was available? How come they think that their new plan will work with the kind of hosing we have in this country is where the so called gas will be used? where people cluster in one room and face me I face you and they will use gas? People will be dying per second in this country.

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by IncomeTutor: 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
I know the law will back them up even if
it is not in our best interest.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by codedguy1(m): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
taharqa: Na wa o. Are u actuali accusing me of ignorance here? Who didnt know dat LPG means Liquified Petroleum Gas? When i said 'liquified gas', i wasnt trying to give d full meaning of d acronym dats why it was in small case, i only wantd to point out dat we were talking about GAS there (liquified one in dis instance) and wondering what d connectn is bw GAS and refineries?.... Tell us d connectn abeg? By d way, are u knew on NL? And i was also wondering if u tink dis place is FG or togo?...*smh*

How old are you? Have you finished secondary sch? Let me agree you shortened liquified petroleum gas to liquified gas. I purposely emphasized on the PETROLEUM which u left out of your definition of LPG to make you realise that the word petroleum in the meaning of LPG makes the connection between refineries and LPG possible. Yet you did not get it.

Your silly question was "what's the connection with refineries and LPG" refineries process crude oil and in the process other products are gotten eg diesel, kerosene, LPG etc that's the connection between refineries and LPG. Haven't you heard of gas flaring before?

You have access to the internet yet u don't know how to use it, why don't you google you silly question and read up.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by odogift(f): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
Eh!!!! I dey LAUGH...........
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by sean079: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
Image123:
anything is a tool for corruption, money, crude oil, power etc
The point is that kerosene is safer for the common than lpg. We don't have good hospitals, fire services, 911, fire alarms etc. lpg is more insane than okadas ón the highway.

era of using those resources as a source of energy has passed and way behind civilization consider you are still using this VHS video when plasma, lcd and a lot of new technology has evolved in the market cos everyday there is new development. pls together campaign for this there will alwaiz b side effect but with proper preparation and careful examination it can be taken care off . like what is more dangerous than the nuclear plant yet some country has almost in all there region. remove that fear of unknown and you are good to go
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by taharqa: 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
coded guy:

How old are you? Have you finished secondary sch? Let me agree you shortened liquified petroleum gas to liquified gas. I purposely emphasized on the PETROLEUM which u left out of your definition of LPG to make you realise that the word petroleum in the meaning of LPG makes the connection between refineries and LPG possible. Yet you did not get it.

Your silly question was "what's the connection with refineries and LPG" refineries process crude oil and in the process other products are gotten eg diesel, kerosene, LPG etc that's the connection between refineries and LPG. Haven't you heard of gas flaring before?

You have access to the internet yet u don't know how to use it, why don't you google you silly question and read up.

*smh*... You think LPG is only gotten from Refining Crude oil right? How many cops use Refinery process to get their LPG nowadays? What volume would intend to get if they solely relied on it as just a distillation component of the Refinery process? Do you think the LPG gotten in Nigeria is gotten from the Refinery?

Many questions, ehmm? Now, have you ever heard of Gathering, Processing and Compressing natural gas (either associated or not)? Do you know that tis fro many technical and economic/scale reasons is by far the preferred choice nowadays for obtaining LPG, esp in the Nigerian environment?

Amazing that you mention 'gas flaring' (i suppose you meant gathering the gas that would have been flared) and linked it to Refining? That shows how much u know about this!!
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by codedguy1(m): 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
taharqa:

*smh*... You think LPG is only gotten from Refining Crude oil right? How many cops use Refinery process to get their LPG nowadays? What volume would intend to get if they solely relied on it as just a distillation component of the Refinery process? Do you think the LPG gotten in Nigeria is gotten from the Refinery?

Many questions, ehmm? Now, have you ever heard of Gathering, Processing and Compressing natural gas (either associated or not)? Do you know that tis fro many technical and economic/scale reasons is by far the preferred choice nowadays for obtaining LPG, esp in the Nigerian environment?

Amazing that you mention 'gas flaring' (i suppose you meant gathering the gas that would have been flared) and linked it to Refining? That shows how much u know about this!!

Am beginning to believe you are confused cos 80% of what you just typed is incoherent. I have shown you the connection between refineries and LPG whisch answers your silly question. Now you are mouthing off over what don't know.

Did I say LPG can only be gotten in one way, that was never the didpute here. You can shift the goal post as much as u want by asking irrelevant question aftEr I proved the connection btw ref and LPG.

Now talking about "how many cops use refineries to get LPG" whatever that means I don't know. Now brought in Volume? All other things don't make sense to me.

Am done with you abeg!

1 Like

Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 3:08am On Dec 22, 2012
Give us 20hrs electricity; and we won't need gas... In other parts of the world, the cooker and oven uses electricity which is safer and better than gas...
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by akinladejo: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2012
This woman is a confused humanbeing. Is it cancer of d brain that is worrying u? Tell me,how is this ur LNG gets to villagers? Another way to steal our money n make life dificult for 9jas.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 22, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy story story story önce unpond a time time time
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by kinguwem: 7:10am On Dec 22, 2012
They shall be problems because most nigerian women are illiterate. The incidence of fire disasters shall increase.
Re: FG Plans To Phase Out Kerosene Usage by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2012
No wahala, if that improves the taste of my cuisine...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Sacks Contractor Over Slow Road Construction / Nine APC, PNP, PDP Lawmakers Defect To LP In Ogun / Kaduna Train Attack: Attack On One Nigerian, Attack On All - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.