Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,962 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:26 AM

Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient (15514 Views)

2012 Popular Cancer Patient Debbie Osarere Idiagbonya Dies / I'm A Kidney Patient, 6 Years Post Transplant / Is Assisted Suicide In The Event Of A Terminal Disease Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by jakaiso(m): 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
This is in honour of Zach Sobiech-a friend here in MN, USA who has just months left to live.He has had a rare form of cancer since he was a child.In June the cancer spread to his pelvis and lungs and all forms of treatments stopped working.He has now been told by doctors that he has months to live.
When doctors said treatment was no longer working for Elizabeth Edwards and she had months or weeks to live-I didnt believe it-but she died just days later.

Zac wrote a song ( he's loved music all his young life) its called Clouds and we have been doing all we can to get it to 1 million views on Youtube since it came on earlier this month.
Using MyTalk 107.1 from Minneapolis, MN-we wanted to give Zac a Christmas gift of 1 million hits-thank God we got there and beyond.
But wow in just 2 weeks it sprang from 40,000 to 1.2 million as of today December 21st.
Zac performed live this morning at the 3 Squares resturant in Maple Grove,MN in honor of the Ian & Margery show. Ian has been in the forefront to publicize Zac's hit song. Today is Ian's last day on radio.
This is the link to the song on youtube-please spread the word and maybe we can give this brave young man a 2 million youtube gift.

Link to Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDC97j6lfyc

Zach was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2009 at age 14. Osteosarcoma is a cancer of the bone, with just 400 cases diagnosed in children under age 20 per year in the U.S. When a persistent pain in his hip just wouldn’t subside, doctors discovered that Zach had a large tumor in his left hip, which eventually metastasized to his lungs. Since his diagnosis, Zach has endured a hip replacement, hours of physical therapy, four thoracotomies, several minor surgeries and biopsies, months and months of chemo, countless days in the hospital and even more days of feeling sick.

Because osteosarcoma is so rare, more private funding, like funding from Children’s Cancer Research Fund, is needed to push research forward.

Zach’s family joined the club they never wanted to be part of, with countless other families who live life scan-to-scan - the necessary check-ups which determine if the cancer has returned. The cycle is the same - the weeks of dread leading up to the appointment, and the joy or heartache that quickly follows. Doctors are closely watching Zach’s lungs for tumors, and he receives chemotherapy to keep them at bay.

Zach goes to the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital for treatment, where doctors are world renowned leaders in childhood cancer research. Unfortunately, research for osteosarcoma lags behind other types of cancers such as leukemia in the development of treatments and more targeted therapies. Because osteosarcoma is so rare, more private funding, like funding from Children’s Cancer Research Fund, is needed to push research forward - for Zach, and young people diagnosed after him.

The family has been told he could have months to perhaps a year to live; they hope for more.
http://www.childrenscancer.org/zach/

LYRICS TO THE SONG
Well I fell down, down, down
Into this dark and lonely hole
There was no one there to care about me anymore
And I needed a way to climb and grab a hold of the edge
You were sitting there holding a rope

And we’ll go up, up, up
But I’ll fly a little higher
We’ll go up in the clouds because the view is a little nicer
Up here my dear
It won’t be long now, it won’t be long now

When I get back on land
Well I’ll never get my chance
Be ready to live and it’ll be ripped right out of my hands
Maybe someday we’ll take a little ride
We’ll go up, up, up and everything will be just fine

And we’ll go up, up, up
Up here my dear

If only I had a little bit more time
If only I had a little bit more time with you

We could go up, up, up
And take that little ride
And sit there holding hands
And everything would be just right
And maybe someday I’ll see you again
We’ll float up in the clouds and we’ll never see the end

And we’ll go up, up, up
Up here my dear

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by Ice4jez(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
am watch it now
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
such bravery!
how many people can stand it, sometimes the end is just the beginning .
it's a pity he's has some months to live embarassed
i believe a miracle would come
just stay strong!

2 Likes

Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by jakaiso(m): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thanks to all the people viewing the youtube video and posting kind comments.
Just to let you know that both Ian and Zach will be viewing this page sometime-thanks
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by ebamma3: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
Life is too short,the guy is a strong guy,he deserves better but life is never fair
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by Emmajide(f): 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
It's just a pity dat some ppl always want to show their sarcasm even when unnecessary.....on d oda hand,i luv his bravery
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by blazingtrain: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
Bravo!
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by Vansnickers: 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nice!
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by simongonner: 9:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
pathetic...life ooo life u aint fair
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by LaconicINC: 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, [ There is ] no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: [ there is ] none that doeth good.
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by MBG4Real(m): 2:43am On Dec 22, 2012
How I wish he could get a miracle right now. God let your will be done. It is not easy to die, especially when you know it is coming. May the good Lord give him the courage to live out his remaining days in peace. Amen.
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by dapachez: 6:50am On Dec 22, 2012
He is indeed courageous,just pray a cure is found soon. He reminds me so much of my mother in her last days before she succumed to cancer april this year. Its hell seeing someone you love going through pains and there is nothing you can do about it than just watch and hope
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by legendprac(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2012
I love his bravery... God give him more strength...
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by sulaimon99(m): 10:55am On Dec 22, 2012
nice...usin his remaining time doin sumtin may GOD guide us and give us good health ..amin..
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by billynoni(m): 3:51am On Dec 23, 2012
sad.......sad
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Story Of Zach Sobiech: A Terminal Cancer Patient by Fadenitan(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2012
Our GOD is good and his goodness is forever,he is thy miracle working GOD,he is the alpha and omega,there is nothing he cannot do.he said in the bible,is there anything too difficult for me to do,i am GOD of possibility,he is the of hope of hopeless situation.My GOD is a healer,he heal the sick,he raise d death of three days,he heal the woman of issue of blood,he heal the blind,even today my GOD is doing good.Therefore i decree by thy decree of heaven and i prophesy by thy NAME THAT IS ABOVE EVERY OTHER NAMES,THAT IN THY NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZERITE EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUES CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THY LORD, RECEIVE YOUR HEALING AND DELIVERANCE FROM CAPTIVE OF CANCER BY THY BLOOD OF JESUS IN JESUS NAME.SO SHALL IT BE.AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

Research Shows Kissing Can Lead To Gonorrhea / Sour Sop Leaves For Cancer And Fibroid ?? / Akin Abayomi Inspects 54gene's Genome Sequencing Laboratory In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.