Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,648 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (13003 Views)

Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame / Tunde Bakare inducted into Nairaland Politics Section Of Hall Of Fame 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by omayyi: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Chinua Achebe
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by get2abbey(m): 8:14am On Dec 23, 2012
Retardeen gets my vote as the G.O.A.T(Greatest Of All Time)
N2.1b VP house(because he is homeless)
N2.2b 150 seater banquet Hall
Subsidy(i never see the palliatives yet)
No oil marketer has been jailed(all na wash)

@Mod
Delete my post again and i go.........u know now wink
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by AlakeofEgba: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2012
Chinua Achibe
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by yokiti: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2012
Its A close call between Prof Chinua Achebe and Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan..

My vote goes to Professor CHINUA ACHEBE
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by Papishi(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2012
President Badluck Chimpazeewe Egbere Jonathan
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by texazzpete(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2012
TRUTHTELA: Who the HELL will add Chinua Achebe's name here? You must be a LOW LIFE person. If Achebe has called a name from the Northern Nigeria, I can assure you that you'll not add his name here. So, because he wrote his memoir and informed the world of Awo's role, now he's a bad man, losers. Has anyone in the history of Nigeria turned down National Honors? But Achebe did it twice and the HISTORY will forever HONOR him, his WORKS, INTEGRITY and everything that he REPRESENTS. Till this world comes to an end, THINGS FALL APART ( ACHEBE) will continue to be the GREATEST BOOK THAT CAME OUT OF AFRICA, by an AFRICAN.

What has the book got to do with anything?

He opened up a can of worms a man at his age should have had the common sense not to...that and the fact that his narrative was shockingly biased. I'd thought him above such petty tribal sentiments.

I'll vote for GEJ this year, but there's stuff in his book that Achebe should be ashamed of.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by Revolva(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2012
LamePresident Goodluck Jonathan:
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by Aderostock(m): 9:03am On Dec 23, 2012
Chinua achebe
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by babapupa: 9:10am On Dec 23, 2012
Ashebe all the way..
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by bigmo1(m): 9:40am On Dec 23, 2012
I can't carry this over. BADluck Jonathan. Even if he doesn't win this, he would still rig it again.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by abacus(m): 10:07am On Dec 23, 2012
GEJ ofcourse..
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by malc619(m): 10:09am On Dec 23, 2012
GEJ....
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by 3itNg: 10:17am On Dec 23, 2012
Goodluck Agbaya Jonathan
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 23, 2012
Chimpnua Ashebe gats my vote.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by gratiaeo(m): 10:36am On Dec 23, 2012
Lawan all the way.........
By the way i saw some name voting twice ?
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by coogar: 10:43am On Dec 23, 2012
chinua achebe!

he literally shot himself in the foot with his latest book by concocting all manners of lies to pollute the minds of the ndigbos. in a developed country, he would be culled to explain some of the things he wrote in the book. i have finished the book and to think i paid top dollar to buy this book of lies breaks my heart. until now, achebe was one of the few nigerians i have maximum respect for in the way he has always carried himself
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by WOruGunu(m): 11:04am On Dec 23, 2012
chinua achebe
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by nduchucks: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2012
GEJ
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:26am On Dec 23, 2012
Goodluck E Johnathan
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by uzoexcel(m): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2012
@op/jarus:i m really dzappointed in u in placing chinua's name here and what the helll do u mean by 'Nairalanders consider the octogenerian a candidate for the shame version this year'who are the nairalandersu sound like a tribalist to me...even if u dont like the book he released, that should be ur personal opininon and u should not use ur position aS an 'op' to cause havoc here man..if u wanted this to be done fairly, u would v done an open poll where every nairalander will state his own 'shameful personality' and from these u can then select the three most common names mentioned and then ask for votes on this....i bet u, if u put awolowo or obasanjo etc, they would get more votes than achebe...please have an open mind!!!!!!(u notice i did not state my opinion on achebe;thatz personal) and if u shine ur eyes well, u will notice that itz only people from a certain part of the country that selected chinua achebe...what does that tell u...gosh,i m even beginning to sound like u(a tribalist) #letzbelievein1nigeria.
Jarus: 1, Mallam Faruk Lawan: The once respected member of the lower chamber was expectedly a recurring nominee for this unenviable category. From the height of reverence in Nigeria's political firmament, the Kano man fell to the nadir of humiliation. Or how else can one describe the $620,000 bribery scandal that had the man at the centre?

2, President Goodluck Jonathan: The current holder of the 'dishonour' title appears set to retain it, as Nairalanders still dont appear convinced that he has done anything.

3, Prof. Chinua Achebe: The world renowned literary giant was an inch close to winning to 'Fame' category just last year for rejecting the national honour from Federal Government. But how tide turns? Nairalanders consider the octogenerian a candidate for the shame version this year, for, according to them, opening a pandora box that portends disunity for Nigeria.

Who wears the thorn-crown? I no know o

December 28 is the date.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 23, 2012
Chinua Achebe.
Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by yokiti: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
uzoexcel: u would v done an open poll where every nairalander will state his own 'shameful personality' and from these u can then select the three most common names mentioned and then ask for votes on this....i bet u, if u put awolowo or obasanjo etc, they would get more votes than achebe...please have an open mind!!!!!!(u notice i did not state my opinion on achebe;thatz personal) and if u shine ur eyes well. #letzbelievein1nigeria.

sir, It seems you missed the nomination thread.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale by Chamber10(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
Farouk Lawan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Photos From The 3-day Fidau Prayers For Saratu Aregbesola / 2019: Buhari Has Not Informed Us He Will Re-Contest – Bisi Akande / APC Director Of Women Affairs Rejects Appointment In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.