Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace (4102 Views)

Osinbajo's Protocol Officers Clash Over Aregbesola's Table At Ooni's Burial / BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Rocks Military Church At Jaji In Kaduna / Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church At Okene Kogi State, Kill 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by nobaga: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
MOREMI SHRINE MUST REPLACE THAT CHURCH AT OONI PALACE

It is hard to imagine Orunmila Shrine worshiped in the Vatican or Mecca. There is no greater contemptuous sacrilege than building a church right under the Ooni of Ife, the keeper of Yoruba Oracle, religious arts and others. If Orunmila said he created the world from Ile-Ife, modern genetics and archaeology back the beginning of life in Africa than that of Adam and Eve anywhere else.

Never mind the continual personality show of power between Alafin and Ooni on the daily newspapers. Each office has its jurisdiction well understood amongst Yoruba. This is the reason the inherent power of the Ooni must not be diluted with foreign religion. One would think that the Alafin would have more axes to grind with his traditional son in Benin that wants Ogiso acceptance so much, he pointed his left hand to his father's house in Ife. They should worry more about foreign religions displacing their religions.

The building of a church in Ooni's palace by his wife should not come as a surprise. When Orunmila wants to do his will, he could use the wife of Ooni to build a shrine that is worthy of Moremi. It came as an idea to the wife of Ooni as a Christian, but before there was Jesus, there was Obatala and Oduduwa despite the late date modern history ascribes. It could not be the real Oduduwa but they meant children of Oduduwa in BC.

Moremi that came after them could care less about Christianity. So she was inspired by the great work of Orunmila, Obatala, Oduduwa. Moremi deserved a benefiting Shrine centuries ago. When you live so close inside the palace of the greatest religion on earth, where life itself was created, your mind is in the hands of Orunmila. Scientific support and evidence that life began in Africa is undisputed. The myth of the Bible and Koran do meet any scientific scrutiny.

What we need to do in Africa is clean up our acts. The days Abraham tried to sacrifice his son or Jesus sacrificed are gone. People look for excuse like Okonkwo in Things Fall Apart, to drink wine in Church these days than drink blood and eat flesh of human like Jesus. So, all the sacrileges in Africa religion must stop. Some Oba have even refused to perform rituals for the same reason. Moremi Shrine serves a cleaner ritual than Church.

The God of Abraham and Mohammed is no greater than Orunmila. Church or Mosque built right in our compound does not make us a better person. It is what we wish for a fellow human that determines the type of person we are. No matter what religion suits us we cannot avoid the Aiyelala or Nemesis. Call it what you want in your religion. Only weaklings do not realize that heavens only help those who help themselves.

The fact that the wife of Ooni built a Church at Ooni's palace does not make her a better person or a bad woman, it only means she was driven by colo-mentality. Africans are well known for worshiping foreign gods to fool their friends and outside world that they are civilized and free of rituals, when in fact they are hypocrites that would not hesitate to call on Sango in time of trouble or elation. There are no worse rituals than weapon of mass destruction, drones or suicide bombs in exchange for virgins without “blokos”.

What is interesting is how African preachers convert the same adjectives used in praising Orunmila into praising God of Jesus and Mohammed. The devil created in those foreign holy books has never scared Africans. If you want Africans to swear, telling them to do it in the name of the Bible or Koran is like wasting your precious time and effort. Tell them to swear with Ogun and Sango, it is then you will notice a natural reaction.

Building a Church right at the palace or your home, does not mean you are pure. It is not a coincidence that you have most African countries without official authentic religion. Most of them banned their own indigenous religion in their countries. If you do not think that is a warped mentality, go figure out what that it is. Mind you, some of them do it for convenience so that they cannot be held accountable when they perpetrate their evil ways, like loot their countries blind.

This is not the motive of the wife of Ooni in building a Church at the palace but it is certainly not to please those surrounding the Ooni. She may get praises from the Christian communities all over the world but at the expense and ridicule of the Keeper of Ifa tradition. It is for that reason the Church must be preserved and turned into a Shrine for Moremi, not destroyed by fanatics.

There was a lecture at one of the leading foreign universities where the professor gave a beautiful lecture about Ife tradition and Moremi. Many of us were so impressed that we congratulated her on her dutiful expedition to Ife, compared to many armchair professors. Until she got to the point that Christianity was created in Africa and Moremi could have some Christian influence.

Look, it is hard to blame her since most of us relate to others from what we know from our background. By identifying Moremi with Christianity and feminism, which is what she is, she saw some part of herself in Moremi. It makes it easier for her to identify with Africa. This is what most of us do, we identify with what we can relate to. She deserves praises for her work in Ife but failed miserable on Moremi.

The building of a Church by the wife of Ooni solidifies that relationship. If that Church is not replace with Moremi Shrine, in some years to come, people will be writing about Church in Ooni's palace that was started during the time of Moremi and completed by the wife of Ooni of Ife. So we have to be careful about what we do in sacred palaces so that a wrong interpretation is not ascribed to it in the future.

Ooni palace is not Aso Rock where Christians and Moslems can worship when they become presidents. There must be a clear demarcation between politics and religion when it comes to the seat of indigenous place of birth of religion before either Mohammed or Jesus. It is not a rejection of either or any religion one wishes to practice but please give due respect to the Keepers of Ifa Oracle.

Source: Farouk Martins Aresa

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/104040/1/moremi-shrine-must-replace-that-church-at-ooni-pal.html

4 Likes

Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by OgbuefiNegro: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
...lmao, funny! i respect what mr Aresa has said. this guy is a true Yoruba advocate. i wonder though if Farouk knows that Ooni is a.n officer of the church of england. the most pressing question is why would the custodian of Yoruba gods be a faithful of anglican church?

2 Likes

Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by tpia5: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
The french and the chinese will soon handle all of you.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
This topic caught my attention big time. The mind state of wanting to be affiliated with 'imported' religions is fast debasing indegenious beliefs - my B.A thesis covers the history of Moremi and how it has become watered down, thanks to 'european civilization'. Any interested party who would like to read about Moremi could contact me and i'd be glad to share the papers.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Dsage1: 12:33am On Dec 22, 2012
Ogbuefi_Negro: ...lmao, funny! i respect what mr Aresa has said. this guy is a true Yoruba advocate. i wonder though if Farouk knows that Ooni is a.n officer of the church of england. the most pressing question is why would the custodian of Yoruba gods be a faithful of anglican church?

Farouk - Islam
Martins - christianity
Aresa - Traditional R.

Therefore,the writer should also check the impact of foreign cultures/religions in his life.

@ topic, every deity in Ife(Moremi,Oduduwa,Obatala,Orunmila,Oluorogbo,Oranmiyan etc) has their own natural places or places of being worshipped. I've been to the city and some of those places including Ooni palace more than three times and don't think it's necessary to convert any church in the palace to another Moremi place of worship.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by OgbuefiNegro: 12:52am On Dec 22, 2012
9jacrip: This topic caught my attention big time. The mind state of wanting to be affiliated with 'imported' religions is fast debasing indegenious beliefs - my B.A thesis covers the history of Moremi and how it has become watered down, thanks to 'european civilization'. Any interested party who would like to read about Moremi could contact me and i'd be glad to share the papers.

please share..... neegronations@gmail.com
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by OgbuefiNegro: 12:57am On Dec 22, 2012
D sage:

Farouk - Islam
Martins - christianity
Aresa - Traditional R.

Therefore,the writer should also check the impact of foreign cultures/religions in his life.

@ topic, every deity in Ife(Moremi,Oduduwa,Obatala,Orunmila,Oluorogbo,Oranmiyan etc) has their own natural places or places of being worshipped. I've been to the city and some of those places including Ooni palace more than three times and don't think it's necessary to convert any church in the palace to another Moremi place of worship.

i welcome and cherish our diversity in yorubaland but erecting a church in Ooni palace would lead to a mosque being erected in future and a buddha temple, and all kind of whatever else in future. when do we ever draw the line and say NO?
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 1:00am On Dec 22, 2012
The current ooni himself is a sacrilege, evil abomination and anti Yoruba.

This is why the Alaafin of Oyo stay lecturing the useless ooni about his history, culture and tradition.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Nobody: 2:46am On Dec 22, 2012
Ogbuefi_Negro:

please share..... neegronations@gmail.com

Sent, let me know if/when you receive it.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 22, 2012
babapupa: The current ooni himself is a sacrilege, evil abomination and anti Yoruba.

This is why the Alaafin of Oyo stay lecturing the useless ooni about his history, culture and tradition.

Easy there sir.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 3:02am On Dec 22, 2012
9jacrip:

Easy there sir.

easy ni bo? I can not stand that moronic clown. He's a burden on Yoruba people.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 22, 2012
Please relax, his personality might come off as repulsive to you but the fact remains that his office is (at) the peak of Yoruba race which Alaafin of Oyo must get off his high horse to deal with.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by OgbuefiNegro: 3:48am On Dec 22, 2012
we hope the next Ooni will repair some of the damages done to relationships between Ile-Ife and Bini , and Ile-Ife and Oyo.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 3:54am On Dec 22, 2012
9jacrip: Please relax, his personality might come off as repulsive to you but the fact remains that his office is (at) the peak of Yoruba race which Alaafin of Oyo must get off his high horse to deal with.

Of what use is Ooni to Yoruba people when at the end of the day, his office and activities serves only the enemies of Yoruba people?

Erecting a church within or anywhere around his palace is an abomination, it's an insult to Yoruba culture and denigration of our rich historical heritage. This man is not a good custodial of Yoruba history and culture.

Alaafin of Oyo is on the right side of our history and culture while the useless ooni is on the wrong and corrupt side of history.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 22, 2012
babapupa: The current ooni himself is a sacrilege, evil abomination and anti Yoruba.

U urself u re anti-yoruba.... Where lies ur ''Respect''...... An xtics of Average Yoruba-man or kid !!!

U just called ''Ori-Ade'' useless not jus any Monarch but Ooni,Haba!!!

Whatever transpires between Ooni and Alaafin, let it be there!!!
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Tolexander: 5:11am On Dec 22, 2012
moremi shrine must replace the church at ooni's palace and mozambique shrine should also replace the mosque in ooni's palace.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by SlyIg(f): 5:51am On Dec 22, 2012
When people cause problem all in the name of religion,it makes me wonder if there is no freedom of worship again in Nigeria. We have:
1.Christianity
2.Islamic
3.African Trad. Religion.
What in the name of God is a christian doing in the palace that is suppose to be like the cathedral of the African Trad. Religion! Isn't it to cause problem. Erecting a church in a palace,can those traditionalist come to your church to erect a shrine? I don't like problem. This is exactly what is causing problem between the Muslims and the Christians.

Respect other people's religion. It's never by your power or might as a king to convert your subjects to christianity,but by the Holy Spirit of God. If you erect a church inside a palace,isn't it problems that you are looking for? How would you feel if the traditional worshippers one day match to your church and their sacrificial idols to perform their rituals in your church. How would you feel!

Let peace be in Nigeria please. Mind your own belief and religion. I hate it when people cause problem in all in the name of religion.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 6:01am On Dec 22, 2012
donroxy:

U urself u re anti-yoruba.... Where lies ur ''Respect''...... An xtics of Average Yoruba-man or kid !!!

U just called ''Ori-Ade'' useless not jus any Monarch but Ooni,Haba!!!

Whatever transpires between Ooni and Alaafin, let it be there!!!

Ori ade ko, ese ade ni. That worthless mor.on is your ori ade, not mine. in fact, dude is a bastard.

I'll be back to finish him off...
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by jide4lagos(m): 6:03am On Dec 22, 2012
9jacrip:

Sent, let me know if/when you receive it.
plz, can you also share with me? Jide4lagos@yahoo.com
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by DuduNegro: 6:28am On Dec 22, 2012
babapupa:

Ori ade ko, ese ade ni. That worthless mor.on is your ori ade, not mine. in fact, dude is a bastard.

I'll be back to finish him off...

this is not how we address our monarchs in yorubaland. you are not the only one, if you are indeed a yoruba son as claimed, who does not like Ooni. However, you must still respect the crown and the throne. I advise and plead with you to stop.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 6:48am On Dec 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

this is not how we address our monarchs in yorubaland. you are not the only one, if you are indeed a yoruba son as claimed, who does not like Ooni. However, you must still respect the crown and the throne. I advise and plead with you to stop.

I totally respect your concerns. I respect the crown, but not the clown the crown is sitting on. The useless man is anti Yoruba, he goes out of his way to sell us out and set us back. He has no respect and following in Yoruba land outside of his corrupt cronies.. Even nearly all the traditional rulers in Yoruba land can't stand him and they say it to his face.

Awujale of Ijebu Ode even trashed him in his book about how he betrayed us with Abiola
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by DuduNegro: 7:08am On Dec 22, 2012
babapupa:

I totally respect your concerns. I respect the crown, but not the clown the crown is sitting on. The useless man is anti Yoruba, he goes out of his way to sell us out and set us back. He has no respect and following in Yoruba land outside of his corrupt cronies.. Even nearly all the traditional rulers in Yoruba land can't stand him and they say it to his face.

Awujale of Ijebu Ode even trashed him in his book about how he betrayed us with Abiola

nobody betrayed Abiola. Abiola took things too far out. the same people we accuse of betraying Abiola eere the ones that cautioned and pleaded with him about his alliances with sokoto. Abiola pressed on and believed he was untouchable. it was too late for any of them to save him, he had become too big and envied in the north. even koffi annan intervened and could not save.him.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Are you minding that dude. It's best if you ignore him.

Ogbuefi_Negro: we hope the next Ooni will repair some of the damages done to relationships between Ile-Ife and Bini , and Ile-Ife and Oyo.
Yes but not by accepting that Oduduwa is a Bini prince and that all Yoruba descended from bini.

As for the Alaafin, that issue had been flogged several times on here. He should continue his fight of superiority with the Olubadan and Soun in Oyo state... and not try to distort historical facts. I really hope an educated man becomes the next Alaafin.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 7:21am On Dec 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

nobody betrayed Abiola. Abiola took things too far out. the same people we accuse of betraying Abiola eere the ones that cautioned and pleaded with him about his alliances with sokoto. Abiola pressed on and believed he was untouchable. it was too late for any of them to save him, he had become too big and envied in the north. even koffi annan intervened and could not save.him.

What Abiola did or didn't do is not the issue here, it's about standing up for Yoruba people, it's about unifying our voices for our collective interests and this is something this useless man wont do on behalf of his own people.

Building a church on the palace grounds is just another one of his many anti Yoruba antics. He's simply not a worthy custodian of Yoruba culture and values.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 7:23am On Dec 22, 2012
saxywale:
Are you minding that dude. It's best if you ignore him.

Yes but not by accepting that Oduduwa is a Bini prince and that all Yoruba descended from bini.

As for the Alaafin, that issue had been flogged several times on here. He should continue his fight of superiority with the Olubadan and Soun in Oyo state... and not try to distort historical facts. I really hope an educated man becomes the next Alaafin.

With your ignorance and silly take in the Osun thread, now I see where your idiocy crawls from..
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by DuduNegro: 8:01am On Dec 22, 2012
babapupa:

What Abiola did or didn't do is not the issue here, it's about standing up for Yoruba people, it's about unifying our voices for our collective interests and this is something this useless man wont do on behalf of his own people.

Building a church on the palace grounds is just another one of his many anti Yoruba antics. He's simply not a worthy custodian of Yoruba culture and values.

i was only giving response to your diversion about betrayalbut anyway, please just watch that you do not denigrate the palace and office of Ooni. Ooni is bigger than Sijuade, so do not thrash it. No Yoruba will allow that regardless of alliance.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by babapupa: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2012
You really should be more concerned about the damage the useless man is doing to the crown with his anti Yoruba antics and affiliations with all the corrupt administrations in Nigeria including the PDP..
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by nobaga: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
1. We must separate personalities from offices. Ooni is the father, Alafin is the son and Oba of Benin is the grandson.

2. A church has no place in the most recognized, most studied and most respected religion in Africa.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
jide4lagos: plz, can you also share with me? Jide4lagos@yahoo.com

Sent sir. Let me know if/when you gerrit.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by nduchucks: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
I feel sorry for the confused lot who have 201 gods who are pulling them every which way. The Ooni who serves only one God seems to be wiser than you people. If Ooni's actions do not show you that your 201 gods are useless, nothing else will. No wonder the most SW muslims seems incapable of practicing true Islam and most of their Christian "Pastors" are money pastors. SMH

I'd suggest that people should not wastre their time in trying to reason with people like narrow minded babapupa. His "cogent" points are usually filled with name calling and other abuses just like eko ile's.

1 Like

Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by nobaga: 2:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
Chucks,

Is this necessary? You must turn serious subject into another fruitless exchange abi.

ndu_chucks: I feel sorry for the confused lot who have 201 gods who are pulling them every which way. The Ooni who serves only one God seems to be wiser than you people. If Ooni's actions do not show you that your 201 gods are useless, nothing else will. No wonder the most SW muslims seems incapable of practicing true Islam and most of their Christian "Pastors" are money pastors. SMH

I'd suggest that people should not wastre their time in trying to reason with people like narrow minded babapupa. His "cogent" points are usually filled with name calling and other abuses just like eko ile's.
Re: Moremi Shrine Must Replace That Church At Ooni Palace by nduchucks: 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
nobaga: Chucks,

Is this necessary? You must turn serious subject into another fruitless exchange abi.

The post is my opinion and nothing more and the exchange does not have to be fruitless. My post was designed to make people think out of the box for once. Don't turn it into a sour exchange.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Standard Organization Of Nigeria- Enugu Zonal Office- Pictures / Leadership Failure: I Saw "74 Missed Calls"&20 Text Mgs On My Phone This Morning / Okorocha's Speech!!! Inspiring And Best Amongst All 5 Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.