Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo (959 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday / Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo by geeez: 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
I was at an event at NAN in Iganmu today and was wowed at how far the construction has gone and work is still going on.

Eko o Ni baje

Yorubaland o Ni baje

Any other place can baje

You can post other pictures of updates of the project

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 22, 2012
Since 1999? Despite the fact that Jakande actually started the this project in early 80's? Even the Abuja-Kaduna standard guage rail line(a far bigger project) started by the FG in 2009/10 is nearing 50% completion. What do Lagos state govt do with their funds of nearly N30billion monthly? I dont just get it. Where is the power plant that Tinubu claimed he was building in his tenure? Pls some of us who do not reside in Lagos need clarification.
Re: Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo by taharqa: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Since 1999? Despite the fact that Jakande actually started the this project in early 80's? Even the Abuja-Kaduna standard guage rail line(a far bigger project) started by the FG in 2009/10 is nearing 50% completion. What do Lagos state govt do with their funds of nearly N30billion monthly? I dont just get it. Where is the power plant that Tinubu claimed he was building in his tenure? Pls some of us who do not reside in Lagos need clarification.
Actuali d Abuja-Kaduna Standard guage constructn startd in ernest Feb 2011, and yes it is nearing 50% completion. Great stuff...... Kudos too to Fashola on dis particular project; hope he completes it as soon as possible. It wud be a great development for Lagos when complete
Re: Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo by seunfly: 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Since 1999? Despite the fact that Jakande actually started the this project in early 80's? Even the Abuja-Kaduna standard guage rail line(a far bigger project) started by the FG in 2009/10 is nearing 50% completion. What do Lagos state govt do with their funds of nearly N30billion monthly? I dont just get it. Where is the power plant that Tinubu claimed he was building in his tenure? Pls some of us who do not reside in Lagos need clarification.
though jakande conceptualised the project but nothing was put on the ground, i don't know if truely lagos get 30 billion naira monthly but it's true, we all know Lagos has many things to battle than any state in Nigeria. Abuja/kaduna rail may be more than Lagos interm of distance but is nothing compare with Lagos own interm of struture also we all know how FG found anything that have to do with Abuja compare to Lagos that rely on foreign founding which makes it to experience several delay. We all know that Lagos state was the first to think of independent power but was frustrated by Obj the only one that was built then is in Akute and now that other states with large natural gass reserve are building power plant i don't think lagos should continue their plant. Although Lagos state gov can do far more than this but we just have to give kudos to them just to encourage them.
Re: Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
seunfly: though jakande conceptualised the project but nothing was put on the ground, i don't know if truely lagos get 30 billion naira monthly but it's true we all know Lagos has many things to battle than any state in Nigeria and Abuja/kanduna rail may be more than Lagos interm of distance but is nothing compare with Lagos own also we all know how FG found anything that have to do with Abuja compare to Lagos that rely on foreign founding which makes it to experience several delay. We all know that Lagos state was the first to think of idependent power but was frustrated by Obj but one that i know was built then is in Akute and now that other states with large natural gass reserve are building power plant i don't think lagos should continue their plant. Although Lagos state gov can do far more that this but we just have to give kudos to them just to encourage them.
You said we "just have to give kudos to them(lagos state govt) just to encourage them". Hmmm! You can give kudos to a govt that is nearing 6yrs in power "to encourage them".
But NO kudos to a federal govt that is barely 2yrs in office "to encourage them". This is what they call HYPOCRISY
Re: Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo by TonySpike: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2012

I implore you to do your research properly before coming here to spew half-truths. Jakande's proposal was never flagged off and it was infact supposed to be underground railway system and not light-rail. Can you also tell us if the FG has more access to funds than Lagos State?
Re: Lagos-badagry Rail Nearing Iddo by seunfly: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
You said we "just have to give kudos to them(lagos state govt) just to encourage them". Hmmm! You can give kudos to a govt that is nearing 6yrs in power "to encourage them".
But NO kudos to a federal govt that is barely 2yrs in office "to encourage them". This is what they call HYPOCRISY
can you please tell me where i castigate FG or blame them or fault them in any article on Nairaland?
I gave kudos to Lagos gov here cos we are talking about them, may be when we talk about FG i may give thesame if it worth it. My guy please stop asuming and concluding for others, it shows something.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Buy 60billion Naira Phones For Farmers / Edo State Acn Lg Election Primaries / African Peoples Congress Will Not Survive - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.