Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,453 members, 7,801,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! (38220 Views)

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Obi’s Wife Decries HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Anambra / Doctors Worry About HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Callotti: 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2012
Hypocrites na small word. . .

Transmission of HIV Infection
According to the mode of transmission studies conducted in 2008, majority of the infections occurring in Nigeria are due to HIV transmission within the general population. The bulk of the new infections occur in persons who are not engaging in high risk sex, a sub-population that includes cohabiting or married sexual partners. [size=20pt]Two-fifths (42%) of the infections occur amongst persons practicing ‘low-risk’ sex.[/size] Because condom use in this group tends to be particularly low, infection acquired as a result of the previous / present high risk behavioursor relationships by one of the sex partners is easily transmitted to the unsuspecting partner.

Amen! I practice HIGH-RISK sex! cool
I nor tell una say NIGERIAN MEN DEY FORBID CONDOMS BECAUSE OF ERE-CTILE SUFFOCATION? grin

Saving the link for future references!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
Musical interlude,the best in the world to take your minds off HIV
Hips don't lie grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUcvOHK8lNQ
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by bakila: 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2012
Pain: I guess that means more money allocation for benue state. Smart guys! I have always said the statistics for aids is a money making array. This can only be deciphered by those at the top of the pyramid. Let the bashing continue!
This is no bashing thing whoever knws Benue knows very well that availability of sex is not a big deal.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by maxibrainz: 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
Blueboy0402: I remembered when I did my NYSC years ago in Apir, a suburb of Makurdi Benue state. As a corper I didnt like the school I was posted and wanted to redeploy but the wife of the principal made me change my mind. This was our conversation:
Wife: corper why you wan leave us nau?
Corper: I'm sorry ma I can't serve in this village.
Wife: anything wey you want we go give you.
Corper: but I can't spend a whole year in this (Apir) place!
Wife: we get fine fine girls for here corper. If your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and... I know say you go enjoy this place.
Corper: (trying to interprete her coded language, "if your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and..."wink ok ma I go stay!

I ended up serving there and indeed it was fun. If given a second chance I'll go back to Apir in Makurdi for my NYSC.
hmm so you are one of those individuals that made Benue State top on the list. Well you are done with your NYSC in Benue State, the door is still wide open, come and serve your RIP service also in Benue and enjoy everlasting fun.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by maxibrainz: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
Zip_up:
Strange!!! I lived and worked in Benue for about nine years and I did not, for once, come across any HIV victim...wonder where this statistics is derived from.
I have lived in Benue more than 17years now and am still in Benue, do you expect anyone to walk up to you and say "hi am Muturu from the middle belt am HIV positive" or do you expect to see very slim people like skeleton with big heads walking down the street then you say yea the report is true. Go ask medical doctors that give antiretroviral drugs in Benue and the tell you how people troop there daily to receive drugs. The HIV patients take this drugs and look quite healthy, so if u want to see anybody with full blown AIDS in Benue you will search for long.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by maxibrainz: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
ohemmanu: you are not lying,the first day that i reported to my PPA in idada benue with my corper mate,after the discussions with the principal we were going and to my utmost suprise the principal pointing to one of the teachers told my friend 'this is yours' and also showed me another gal and said u can have her.i was shocked and trying to recover when the gal said 'sir,this one small for me'.That was when i knew that i have arrived benue.This is real o
So you were dreaming till the hand you over the girl hmm
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ignis: 3:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
nollywood20: Yoruba girls are more disciplined than Igbo girls.
I am speaking from experience.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Blueboy0402: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
maxibrainz:
hmm so you are one of those individuals that made Benue State top on the list. Well you are done with your NYSC in Benue State, the door is still wide open, come and serve your RIP service also in Benue and enjoy everlasting fun.
You need lot of tutorials from commedians like I-go-die to spice up your sense of humour. For your information the TIV people have a culture of offering their female as "kola" to any male visior and this has been their practice even before I was born. How come you now say I'm one of those that made Benue state top the list? My friend if you are not happy with the bitter truth about what is happening in Benue then ask the TIV people to stop that practice or better still keep your mouth shut.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ACM10: 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
ohemmanu: you are not lying,the first day that i reported to my PPA in idada benue with my corper mate,after the discussions with the principal we were going and to my utmost suprise the principal pointing to one of the teachers told my friend 'this is yours' and also showed me another gal and said u can have her.i was shocked and trying to recover when the gal said 'sir,this one small for me'.That was when i knew that i have arrived benue.This is real o
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Daddy you can lie o cheesy
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by juman(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2012
israel007: I'm from BENUE.

I be Idoma Boy

FBI Full Blooded Idoma.

HIV problem is concentrated among the Tivs than other ethnic groups in Benue State.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ouagadougou(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
teeo: Here we go again.... I thought HIV no longer exists...
Dream on! HIV/AIDS is here to stay for good.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by forkadict(m): 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
maxibrainz:
I have lived in Benue more than 17years now and am still in Benue, .....

Then u are HIV positive bro
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by forkadict(m): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
Abeg wetin be the purpose of dis kin thread?

Is it to discourage us from freestyle forking?

Cos men, that condom tin na very long tin o
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ohemmanu: 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
ACM10:
why would i lie?They don't see intimacy as a big deal.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ohemmanu: 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
ACM10:
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
The problem is that most Nigerians still failed to believed HIV/AIDS is real in the country(as I was told),which will make it spread rapidly like wild fire. There is urgent need for the government to educate the people of the existence and effects of the condition. There should be safe sex practices among the people.

It all boils down to how much effort is taken into providing handful information to those who are uninformed, most especially, those living in the rural areas!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by tobnical(m): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
I have neva 4once relied on dis unrealistic statistics. How many times did dey come 2ur house hold 2tak sample? How many pple u know eva told u were part of d selected sample? Nd whre did dey get d statistics? Just unrealistic as eva.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by obyrich(m): 7:46pm On Dec 22, 2012
israel007: I'm from BENUE.

I be Idoma Boy

FBI Full Blooded Idoma.
FBI Female Body Inspector.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by manfred10(m): 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
teeo:

Tuface koo blackface nii.

Benue, that husband would use wife to entertain guests. No bad feelings but when a lady tells me she is from Benue, i think twice.
. Where did you get that cock and bull story from.Oya pay a visit to any man from there and try touching his wife and you will experience something you will never be able to tell,that is if you live to after that
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ohemmanu: 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
maxibrainz:
So you were dreaming till the hand you over the girl hmm
who go take?just that some people here still doubt stories about benue.i heard these sorts of stories i never understood till that incident.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by juman(m): 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
tobnical: I have neva 4once relied on dis unrealistic statistics. How many times did dey come 2ur house hold 2tak sample? How many pple u know eva told u were part of d selected sample? Nd whre did dey get d statistics? Just unrealistic as eva.

The statistics in nigeria are always not proper.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ACM10: 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
I consider many personal accounts here on experiences in Benue state invented. There is high rate of HIV patients in Benue compared to their population. This could be attributed to high rate of unsafe sexual practices OR the presence of a very virulent strain of HIV in their population.
Lagos population is 4x bigger than that of Benue. There are more HIV patients in Lagos state than anywhere in Nigeria compared to their population size. Its ludicrous for someone in Lagos to demonize or stigmatize Benue indigenes when they are Nigeria's repository of the infection.
But come to think of it. This statistics will not make any sense to HIV patient in Ekiti state since he/she is infected. The effort should be geared on promoting safe sex. Not on pulling out a useless statistics.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by maidenhead: 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
Now, to all those who sit in their niches and say Benue men give out their wives; have u ever been entertained with one ? And which set of girls are not promiscous ? Or is it nt on this forum dat guys insult Naija girls to a fault. Well come to Benue and go after a man's wife and may God help u to tell the story urself after. Some of u dont even allow pple ease themselves for free in ur states. Then u mistake a Benue man's goodness for stupidity. may i say it expressly that Benue men dont give their wives out. A promiscous wife will always be so any where in the world, and not just in Benue. May i save the rest for the unfortunate accuser in real life.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by GEJPFOOD: 1:05am On Dec 23, 2012
obyrich: FBI Female Body Inspector.
FBI Female Bastard Inaction
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Malubi(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2012
My friend POVERTY. Caused deliberately by their Governor(s). UNEMPLOYMENT level in Benue is higher than any other state. IMPROPER SENSITISATION is another cause as the NACA assistance to the state are being diverted . e.g. A state with 23 local government you will never see up to 50 heart to heart centres. GOD HELP BENUE
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by udokpuenyi(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2012
nollywood20: Yoruba girls are more disciplined than Igbo girls.
I am speaking from experience.

not Olubunmi, Yetunde and co, wey dey for mi street, the worst be say dem no de baf before
dem go do their runs, na so so leg washing every evening before the rush out
with their hooks, i wonder how the room where dem they stay do the bleeping
go smell like. tufiakwa!!!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Samsantos9: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2012
mu2sa2: It's a paradox: while chritianity abhors sex outside marriage, christians everywhere indulge in it like mad. Shall we call them hypocrites?
it's a paradox while islam teaches peace they are the most violent and heartless pple ever
shall we call them HYPOCRITES?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:34am On Apr 23, 2013
@AllNaijafools
That 5million HIV AIDS infected Nigerian stat has been there for years now. Im sure this year NIGERIA has over 7 million people who are infected already. Just think of it One state has over 1million HIV patients am sure other states aren't honest like BENUE STATE.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:36am On Apr 23, 2013
@AllNaijafools
A study made by UCT in Cape Town shows that NIGERIA AND INDIA will overtake SA and lead in AIDS stats by 2015. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DBy 2020 NIGERIA=AIDS NATION grin grin grin grin
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:39am On Apr 23, 2013
@AllNaijafools
Since 2009 Nigerias AIDS population has been 5 million?Its 2013 its still the same?

5 Million Nigerians Live with HIV - Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
ihvnigeria.org/...in.../151-5-million-nigerians-live-with-hiv.html
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:39am On Apr 23, 2013
Pls visit this link to see what Im saying wink

5 Million Nigerians Live with HIV - Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
ihvnigeria.org/...in.../151-5-million-nigerians-live-with-hiv.html
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by mainlyblessed: 9:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
I am one of the 5 million Nigerians living with HIV. I posted the message on another thread but thought I should send it out more widely maybe someone could learn from my experience and have an HIV/STD free life. I am at a happy place in my life and going to beat this illness!

Interestingly many people are ignorant about the range of feelings one may go through on being diagnosed so I have decided to share my own experience. I got infected about eleven years back. I can precisely say it was on or around 15 February 2002 as that the date of my first intimate experience. Unfortunately, 2 years and a few months later he passed away. He was ill for a few months before passing on but HIV did not initially cross my mind as he was being treated for typhoid. However, as his condition deteriorated, I thought about this but was too scared to voice it or to go for a test. After his death, his mother confided in me and with her support, I was finally able to go for a test. Was I scared and confused? Thoroughly! The test came back positive and I went through counselling and later started treatment. The funny thing was that I never felt angry with him for infecting me and can to that extent say the question of forgiving him did not arise. I guess this was because I loved him and at the time I gave in to him, I was ready to make love with him and was looking forward to spending the rest of my life with him. The main issue was I could not bring myself to forgive ME. I felt I had let myself and all that I represented down. I gave my life to Christ at an early age and had kept myself throughout university and NYSC, so why did I have to be so careless at that mature age. I also hated myself because I was very aware of the risks of unprotected sex but had failed to exercise caution when it came to me and him. A quick trip to the hospital to screen him for stds could have prevented my life from taking the downward spiral it went into. Also I could have insisted on him using condom. We did try initially but with trying to disvirgin me, it kept slipping and bursting so we just let go. I guess I got careless with all the hormones raging through my system and the fact that we were spending an exciting valentine weekend together. I also failed to ask him much about his previous intimate history/ies as we were both "christians" and were planning to spend our lie together. How foolish! It hasn't been easy living with myself but I am gradually learning not to beat myself too much. My advice to anyone who cares to listen is before you take off your pants/boxers, both you and your partner should be screened. I would actually recommend abstinence till marriage because I believe at least in my case if I had kept my pants on, then possibly, during pre-marital intimate health screening, we could have picked this up and then I would have had a choice of dealing with the question whether or not I would have gone ahead and married him (assuming he was still alive at this point and we were still an item). Be faithful to each other, because if this could happen to me, then it can happen to anyone. Have an HIV and STD free life. It could happen to anyone. I pray it is not you. In my case I have learnt to cope with the disease, it is the stigma that has been debilitating. I have been so scarred that I have too scared of embarking on a relationship as I don't know what/how to tell interested suitors. I fear rejection as this has happened twice and I do not want to have my personal information out there only for the guy to develop cold feet. Aside from this, life has been good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her / My Dick Use To Disgrace Me / Traders Rally Round Widow Who Fainted Due To Hunger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.