Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,476 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:07 PM

Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters (12082 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / Commander Daba: Pilot Of The Crashed Helicopter - A Tribute / Crashed Helicopter That Killed DIG Haruna John Was Faulty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by eggheaders(m): 5:28am On Dec 22, 2012
SaharaReporters has reliably learnt that Nigeria’s Information Minister, Labaran Maku, lied when he said he was scheduled to be a passenger on the ill-fated helicopter that killed Governor Patrick Yakowa, former National Security Adviser, General Andrew Azazi (ret.), two pilots and two aides.

Our sources told Saharareporters that Mr. Maku had left the venue of the funeral more than an hour before the crashed helicopter lifted off. The sources insisted that Mr. Maku was already in Port Harcourt when passengers in a helicopter rented by ThisDay publisher, Nduka Obaigbena, spotted the burning chopper. The passengers in Mr. Obaighena’s helicopter brought the tragic news to Mr. Maku.

The Information Minister had claimed in an Aso Rock press briefing that he was invited to join General Azazi and Governor Yakowa but that he "hesitated" and stayed back. He said he watched Mr. Azazi's chopper leave.

Sources told Saharareporters that Mr. Maku was with Ben Bruce-Murray, Timi Alaibe, Umaru Sanni and three others as Governor Yakowa and Mr. Azazi went to Mr. Oronto Douglas’ residence for lunch.

It is unclear why the Information Minister chose to lie about nearly perishing in the crashed chopper. But an Abuja-based government source told SaharaReporters that Mr. Maku’s yarn was in keeping with the minister’s attitude. “He appears determined to misinform the nation on many issues. He is so committed as a misinformer that the line between what is true or what is a lie is easily blurred.”

Another source, a politician, suggested that Mr. Maku might have lied to undermine a growing conspiracy theory amongst Nigerians that the crash was part of an intentional plot to eliminate the former NSA and the Kaduna State governor.

Since the crash that claimed the lives of the six passengers, several Nigerian public officials and movie stars who attended the funeral of Mr. Oronto Douglas’ father have claimed that they were close to being passengers on the doomed helicopter.

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/maku-lied-about-crashed-chopper
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:54am On Dec 22, 2012
Maku linus mba,pls don,t ban me.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by babapupa: 6:08am On Dec 22, 2012
why so many people breaking their necks to be at this funeral? were they giving away free money.?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by eggheaders(m): 6:27am On Dec 22, 2012
the way nigerian politicians lie.for d simplest things always so amazing.

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Gbawe: 6:32am On Dec 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

Mr. Maku’s yarn was in keeping with the
minister’s attitude. “He appears determined to
misinform the nation on many issues. He is so
committed as a misinformer that the line between
what is true or what is a lie is easily blurred.

4 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 6:51am On Dec 22, 2012
I was going to call Maku an Igno-rat but if u pay attention to Maku's original story and this story they do intersect where the names of the people were mentioned. There are 3 possibilities:

1. Someone is trying to cover up Maku's story - especially as he mentioned that Sani (the VP's aide) suddenly decided to "travel alone".

2. Maku confused the timing of the helicopter ride with the departure for "lunch".

3. Maku knowingly exaggerated the story.

I put lunch in quotes above becos those two departed for lunch and ended up in the same crash. Is it possible then that had Maku joined the lunch he would have ended up in the crash?

In any case they need to find out exactly what Maku knows about the last hours of those two eminent personalities and pursue the resulting leads. But who am I kidding?

3 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Walexz02(m): 6:54am On Dec 22, 2012
That is the result u get when u bcome an international lier...
So, what are they implying nw? Do they want to investigate him or what:@
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by miiraaj: 6:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Hehehehe! D guy wan feel important nau
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by jhydebaba(m): 6:57am On Dec 22, 2012
"Our" misinformation minister doing what he knows best to do.

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by GARRIx7(m): 7:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Even his Oga lies like LUCIFER, so I'm not surprised....

3 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by takedat(m): 7:21am On Dec 22, 2012
If there is a trophy for liars, Maku truly deserves one. I gba wo ni Maku oni ku, "na when Maku no go eventually die" even if he misses the ill fated chopper!

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Elueme: 7:47am On Dec 22, 2012
I just hope Sahara reporters don't commit suicide because of Maku. Just because Maku has successfully exposed the deceit called Sahara reporters, they have chosen to lose sleep for his sake. Well, I think the newspaper that reported that news got some facts wrong. An impeccable source, had reported on that evening of the crash that Maku wanted to board the ill fated chopper along Azzazi, Yakiwa, Umar Sanni and co but was compelled on by protocol to go ahead of the crashed chopper by joining another chopper which left before the crashed chopper. Whichever report is true, whether the one that crashed left before or after Maku's doesn't change the fact that he would have been in the crashed chopper and I rejoice with him as he thanks his stars and God most importantly. I hope Rudolf Okonkwo and his Sahara reporters cronies have failed one more time.

9 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Arobam: 8:01am On Dec 22, 2012
This level of hatred against Maku by saharareporters really calls for concern. What business has SAHARA REPORTERS with whether Maku boarded before or after the crash.
The fundamental truth is that there was a crash and Maku, either before or after, was supposed to be in the helicopter but he did not.
What problems does Sahara have with that?

I think this Sahara guys are getting too disparate.

8 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2012
Why is it always black or white with you guys?
Sahara Reporters has done nothing by reporting what a source told them.

At least SR helped us to know that Maku left b4 the crashed copter. Maku didn't say that but that is what happened.

Arobam: This level of hatred against Maku by saharareporters really calls for concern. What business has SAHARA REPORTERS with whether Maku boarded before or after the crash.
The fundamental truth is that there was a crash and Maku, either before or after, was supposed to be in the helicopter but he did not.
What problems does Sahara have with that?

I think this Sahara guys are getting too disparate.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ubandire(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2012
eggheaders:
SaharaReporters has reliably learnt that Nigeria’s

Sources told Saharareporters that Mr. Maku was with
Ben Bruce-Murray, Timi Alaibe, Umaru Sanni and three
others as Governor Yakowa and Mr. Azazi went to Mr.
Oronto Douglas’ residence for lunch.
It is unclear why the Information Minister chose to lie
Since the crash that claimed the lives of the six
passengers, several Nigerian public officials and movie
stars who attended the funeral of Mr. Oronto Douglas’
father have claimed that they were close to being
passengers on the doomed helicopter

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/maku-lied-about-crashed-chopper

grin grin I'm just so tired of these bunch of liars that I don't even know what to believe again.
Every time, "sources told" "sources told" who are these sources? And how reliable are they?
Must Sahara always base their stories on unconfirmed stories?
It's so annoying.

6 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Maduale: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2012
ubandire:

grin grin I'm just so tired of these bunch of liars that I don't even know what to believe again.
Every time, "sources told" "sources told" who are these sources? And how reliable are they?
Must Sahara always base their stories on unconfirmed stories?
It's so annoying.

The funny part is that most gullible people believe these tales verbatim.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 8:15am On Dec 22, 2012
Can u provide us with this impeccable source of yours? Because Maku never said anything about protocol or leaving b4 the crashed copter. He said Sanni decided to travel alone and he was moved by some unknown force not to join the flight.

Elueme: I just hope Sahara reporters don't commit suicide because of Maku. Just because Maku has successfully exposed the deceit called Sahara reporters, they have chosen to lose sleep for his sake. Well, I think the newspaper that reported that news got some facts wrong. An impeccable source, had reported on that evening of the crash that Maku wanted to board the ill fated chopper along Azzazi, Yakiwa, Umar Sanni and co but was compelled on by protocol to go ahead of the crashed chopper by joining another chopper which left before the crashed chopper. Whichever report is true, whether the one that crashed left before or after Maku's doesn't change the fact that he would have been in the crashed chopper and I rejoice with him as he thanks his stars and God most importantly. I hope Rudolf Okonkwo and his Sahara reporters cronies have failed one more time.

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 8:19am On Dec 22, 2012
SR has a great track record getting at the skeletons in our govts closet. So stop the false righteousness.

You want them to reveal their sources so those can be eliminated too?

Maduale:

The funny part is that most gullible people believe these tales verbatim.

3 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Bukkyade: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2012
Àwón Òlófofò tì dé ooo! Sahara reporters and useless gossip. Wetin be dem own over Maku's testimony? Perhaps, they wished Maku to be in that Ill fated helicopter and much to their disappointment he wasn't. Im beginning to add up one or two things from this Sahara gossip.

Prior to that crash, a topic came up here on Nairaland with the header " RIP LABARAN MAKU" I joined in condemning the op for wishing an obvious performer dead. Somehow the crash later happened that weekend. So is it a case of the witch cried in the night and the pikin nearly died in the morning?

Whatever, I'm happy that Maku, contrary to the expectation of witches And wizards including Sahara, survived the crash.

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Elueme: 8:30am On Dec 22, 2012
koruji: Can u provide us with this impeccable source of yours? Because Maku never said anything about protocol or leaving b4 the crashed copter. He said Sanni decided to travel alone and he was moved by some unknown force not to join the flight.

That source need not be a newspaper source.. As a federal minister, he maybe careful with what he says in order not to heat up the polity but that is not to say he is economical with the truth. The meat of the matter is he narrowly escaped death because he was to be in that helicopter but by providence he missed it. The report that he stayed back is a beat confusing because I had earlier learnt he travelled ahead with another chopper on an advise which was informed on logistic and protocol, period! . It is left for the security agencies to investigate what actually transpired. I am still at lost at what led to tat crash?

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ballabriggs: 8:32am On Dec 22, 2012
Here are the comments of some posters in the punch on Maku.

oye December 20, 2012 at 8:32 am
Maku has shown his level of intelligence if he can publicly expressed self centered and unsympathetic statement without making regards to victims of ill fated chopper and their love ones. May God fortify the deceased love ones

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968805

Sholajohnolor December 20, 2012 at 9:16 am
This Maku is a goat. Yes you escaped, praise God personally not during the valedictory session for these men. It was their moment not yours.
http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968998

You see, Maku is a confirmed m0r0n, everyone knows this.

JONA FIRE MAKU NOW!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by lain: 8:49am On Dec 22, 2012
Hmm LIARbaran Maku..
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2012
Sahara Repoerter's Sowore should allow us the courtesy of letting those rested souls to lay in peace and stop telling us who lied or who didnt. Sources say, Sources say, sources say; How do we know your source of news is not wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Haba,You want them to reveal their sources so those can be eliminated too?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by IYANGBALI: 8:58am On Dec 22, 2012
Ha ha ha ha ha ha Maku the liar. Igba wo ni maku o ni ku,keep on lying na your time.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by honeric01(m): 8:58am On Dec 22, 2012
ballabriggs: Here are the comments of some posters in the punch on Maku.

oye December 20, 2012 at 8:32 am
Maku has shown his level of intelligence if he can publicly expressed self centered and unsympathetic statement without making regards to victims of ill fated chopper and their love ones. May God fortify the deceased love ones

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968805

Sholajohnolor December 20, 2012 at 9:16 am
This Maku is a goat. Yes you escaped, praise God personally not during the valedictory session for these men. It was their moment not yours.
http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968998

You see, Maku is a confirmed m0r0n, everyone knows this.

JONA FIRE MAKU NOW!!! cool

Billyonaire: Sahara Repoerter's Sowore should allow us the courtesy of letting those rested souls to lay in peace and stop telling us who lied or who didnt. Sources say, Sources say, sources say; How do we know your source of news is not wrong?

Maybe Saharareporters own punch and those who comment on punch too abi?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Arobam: 8:58am On Dec 22, 2012
koruji: SR has a great track record getting at the skeletons in our govts closet. So stop the false righteousness.

Mr Sahara agent, my problem with Sahara is that they keep manufacturing news stories from unknown and unverifiable sources. Examples abound in the past where I have been misled by their stories. Anybody intent on reading their stories must try to do so with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 22, 2012
honeric01: Maybe Saharareporters own punch and those who comment on punch too abi?
You are intelligent enough to know that when Sahara Reporters states "Sources Say", they are referring to rogue journalists in other media houuses in Nigeria, sometimes these rogue journalists cant publish unverified info, so they ftp the info to Sahara. Sometimes, their editors dont want news out cos its biased, they ftp the info to Sahara. Thats the meaning of 'Sources Say" So I dont give a damn if its Punch or Chronicles. What I say in essence is, let their souls rest in phucking peace. And you should stop finding faults in people, cos you are on imperfect fellow I know in the history of Nairaland.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by dady12: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2012
i dont know whelther mugu or maku na dey callar,sahara reporter does nothing wrong,for information minister to tell nigerian a false story is uncall for,lying to nigerian will not promote him to be president or any national honour ,he said he was suppose to be in the clash chopper and sahara latter discovered that he was already in port before news of the clash ,what does it profit a minister if he lied to nigerian and did not promoted to be a president ?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by honeric01(m): 9:05am On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: You are intelligent enough to know that when Sahara Reporters states "Sources Say", they are referring to rogue journalists in other media houuses in Nigeria, sometimes these rogue journalists cant publish unverified info, so they ftp the info to Sahara. Sometimes, their editors dont want news out cos its biased, they ftp the info to Sahara. Thats the meaning of 'Sources Say" So I dont give a damn if its Punch or Chronicles. What I say in essence is, let their souls rest in phucking peace. And you should stop finding faults in people, cos you are on imperfect fellow I know in the history of Nairaland.

Oh you expect them to name their "sources" in this "jungle" called Nigeria? you claim they publish unverified news when the story does not go well with you, but when they published news about Yara dua's saga and host of other stories that tickled your fancy, some of you never raised the issue of "unverified" abi?

Pls tell me, who's suppose to "verify" news and which news should be tagged "verified" and "unverified"?

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by honeric01(m): 9:07am On Dec 22, 2012
Arobam:

Mr Sahara agent, my problem with Sahara is that they keep manufacturing news stories from unknown and unverifiable sources. Examples abound in the past where I have been misled by their stories. Anybody intent on reading their stories must try to do so with a pinch of salt.

Stories like? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Release El-zakzaky Now Or We Storm Abuja, Shiites Threaten / I Did Not Sack Any Worker- Gov. Fayemi / Governor Obaseki: Era Of Sharing Money To Greedy Edo Politicians Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.