Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters (12089 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / Commander Daba: Pilot Of The Crashed Helicopter - A Tribute / Crashed Helicopter That Killed DIG Haruna John Was Faulty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Elueme: 11:19am On Dec 22, 2012
Gbawe:

What on earth are you talking about? Saharareporters may not be perfect but do you and others want a few example of the revelations they brought to the awareness of the Nigerian public while other news sources collected brown envelops to lie to us?

When the Presidency , through liars like Maku and Abati, told you the first lady was "resting" in Germany, who revealed the true state of affairs to Nigerians? When Saharareporters was busy telling an entire Nation the truth about the real situation with Yar Adua's health, what was all other news source doing if not attending Aso Rock to collect bribe abd sign an oath of secrecy "in the interest of National security". Who reveals GEJ's appointees correctly before they are announced? I think people like you confuse whistle-blowing to be a science. Even in advanced nations, whistle-blowers are allowed to get it wrong by virtue of how they use sources who often don't wish to be quoted !!!!! Whistle-blowing is more similar to espionage because it involves exposing what Politicians want to keep secret by all means - and truthful folks know saharareporters do that very well !!!!

I have lost count of how many factual breaking news saharareporters have delivered that all other news sources were conveniently ignorant
of. I really don't understand Nigerians. Saharareporters, imperfection and all, would be superstars in Nations where people still have properly calibrated compasses to appreciate one of the few sources of truth in an ocean of compromised and corrupt reportage.

Folks can insult saharareporters all they want. It just confirms what Nigerians are becoming. A people who hound goodness yet embrace and defend evil willingly.
Mr,the bolded caught my fancy. I don't expect you, the almighty Gbawe, the I know it all of nairaland to lose count of something like this. if you know more I put it to you that the pleasure will be all yours to chronicle them. Sahara reporters has a role to play just like other whistle blowing news outlets but the overzealousness of the SR and quest for quicker recognition had made them too partisan and vindictive. This may just be their undoing. As a poster rightly said, let the dead rest in peace and forget who was wrong or right in utterances. Until SR starts investigative journalism as we have with whistle blowing agencies, then will it rank in the class of whistle blowers but for now, we are too intelligent for secondary news gathering and pronto publishing without due recourse to facts verification.

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by jmaine: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
And People believed this crap . . . . cheesy

The mundane Sahara useless reporters doing their stuff . . .synthesizing lies upon lies . . . . .
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by dayo23(f): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Even his Oga lies like LUCIFER, so I'm not surprised....
You mean ∂ ijaw Fisherman? Lol...hahahahahahahahahah
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by gogodaye(m): 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
If the claim that the minister lied were true that would personally not amaze me. since 1999, the only conscientious person who has held this position and carried himself well in the course of the execution of the duties of his office was Chief Chikelu. Being the quintessential gentleman that he is, he would look and meet any inquisitor' gaze eyeball to eyeball and state the facts the way they were. I was the least not surprised at his exit from the membership of the FEC during the Obasanjo era.

1 Like

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by SOHKAHTOA: 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
If Sahara reporters can choose to be vindictive by going after an individual in this case Maku, for a good or bad reason, that may spell doom on it's credibilities. There is more to these recent attacks on Maku than meets the eye. QED.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ignis: 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
lain: Hmm LIARbaran Maku..
LOL
Everybody lies, so its not a big deal.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by IYANGBALI: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
born2fuck: "MAKU" means "Don't Die" in yoruba
igba wo ni maku o ni ku?when would he not die?
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by IYANGBALI: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
Van snickers: Some people love to form "familiarity"! Why are people so desperate to be associated with this Helicopter-crash?!
to give gullible nigerians the impression that God is with them and that they are clean
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ebucha: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
You people are just missing the point here. Truth is that Sahara Reporters has bein paid to make Nigerians misconstrue Maku's statement which when looked at critically indicts the Vice President's special advicer Mr sani Umar. Read through his statement again and please tell me who informed Mr Sani Umar to IGNORE the crashed chopper and fly alone? http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968805
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by LocalChamp: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
Maku

Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by awilologomba(f): 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2012
Nigerians are liars not only maku,infact when wen dana air crashed,many nigerians said they scheduled to fly that afternoon.some people gave fake testimonies in churches and other public places.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by bowee4u: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
Don't blame him, Nigeria politician lie by default.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by juman(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
Oohhh, Eran Lo Akee (the meet escape). grin

Mr. Maku should have been in the crashed helicopter. grin grin
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ignis: 6:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
awilo logomba: Nigerians are liars not only maku,infact when wen dana air crashed,many nigerians said they scheduled to fly that afternoon.some people gave fake testimonies in churches and other public places.
Yes, I thought I was the only one that observed that.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by emmatok(m): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
awilo logomba: Nigerians are liars not only maku,infact when wen dana air crashed,many nigerians said they scheduled to fly that afternoon.some people gave fake testimonies in churches and other public places.

So should we accept MAKU lies.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by eggheaders(m): 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
the gej never do wrong goons at there ass licking roles again.sahara reporter credibility crosses the border of this country.gave the international mainstream media the under wear bomber picture. when presidential aides are telling us how the first lady was holidaying in Germany. atleast we were told the truth by only one news source.haters can hate on but even your Prexy acknowledges s.r.so who gives a hoot abt all dis low life paid internet warlords.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by luluosas(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2012
No matter how you cover a lie, it will definitely surfaced anyhow to rub you on the face. God is watching!
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Arobam: 1:21am On Dec 23, 2012
Bentv Channel
An exclusive interview with Nigeria’s Minister of Information Hon. Labaran Maku took place today with BEN Television, (Europe’s first Ethnic Satellite channel).
The Minister was reacting to erroneous claims that he was present at the take-off of the ill-fated helicopter from Bayelsa State that crashed killing 6 people including the Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Yakowa and the former National Security Adviser General Andrew Azazi.
We asked the Minister to give us a detailed account of the events. According to the Minister, after the burial of Oronto Douglas father’s, the Minister along with Kanu and Ogbonnayo Nwankwo, Timi Alaibe, Ben Bruce’ Jnr brother, Sani Umar, the Special Adviser on Media to Vice President and the late NSA, were invited back to Douglas’ house for a meal. The Governor, NSA, the Minister and Sani Umar discussed getting a helicopter together at 3pm but Umar later declined. The Minister decided to stay in the compound whilst all the others decided to go into the house. Whilst waiting outside, an earlier helicopter arrived to pick up guests at 2pm. The Minister decided to take the earlier ride with another group including Kanu Nwankwo and Timi Alaibe.
The Minister had already arrived in Port Harcourt when he heard news of the crash. Indeed, without the arrival of the 2PM chopper, he also would have been on the ill-fated helicopter. In essence he was not in Bayelsa State when it happened.
The Minister expressed surprise that few media houses were deciding to focus on him when many families were mourning the loss of loved ones and further added “the media should be an instrument to carry news fairly, accurately and without biased.” He prayed that Nigeria as a nation will witness more progress, developments and have respect for each other in 2013 and onward.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 4:22am On Dec 23, 2012
@Gbawe
Exactly.
When GEJ and his cabinet were lying to us about the first lady's illness SR told us factually she was sick.
It was SR that first reported the burial date for GEJ's brother even before the presidency made it known.
As mentioned below, SR will get it wrong sometimes but everyone with some level of patriotism left in them will realize that SR has kept the searchlight on the crooks in power - whereas the major media outlets have failed us.

Gbawe:

What on earth are you talking about? Saharareporters may not be perfect but do you and others want a few example of the revelations they brought to the awareness of the Nigerian public while other news sources collected brown envelops to lie to us?

When the Presidency , through liars like Maku and Abati, told you the first lady was "resting" in Germany, who revealed the true state of affairs to Nigerians? When Saharareporters was busy telling an entire Nation the truth about the real situation with Yar Adua's health, what was all other news source doing if not attending Aso Rock to collect bribe abd sign an oath of secrecy "in the interest of National security". Who reveals GEJ's appointees correctly before they are announced? I think people like you confuse whistle-blowing to be a science. Even in advanced nations, whistle-blowers are allowed to get it wrong by virtue of how they use sources who often don't wish to be quoted !!!!! Whistle-blowing is more similar to espionage because it involves exposing what Politicians want to keep secret by all means - and truthful folks know saharareporters do that very well !!!!

I have lost count of how many factual breaking news saharareporters have delivered that all other news sources were conveniently ignorant of. I really don't understand Nigerians. Saharareporters, imperfection and all, would be superstars in Nations where people still have properly calibrated compasses to appreciate one of the few sources of truth in an ocean of compromised and corrupt reportage.

Folks can insult saharareporters all they want. It just confirms what Nigerians are becoming. A people who hound goodness yet embrace and defend evil willingly.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 4:33am On Dec 23, 2012
Something is not right with this story.
If this story is true, I think Maku has unwittingly uncovered a carefully orchestrated elimination plan.
It would appear that someone redirected their pre-prepared itinerary, and caused them to get on that copter.
I want to know how both Gov. Yakowa and Gen. Azazi got to the funeral in the first place.

Otherwise, it begs the imagination that Gov. Yakowa and Gen. Azazi did not have their own pre-arranged transport to/fro the funeral before coming down to Bayelsa.
If this were the case, then Nigeria is even more in danger and vulnerable than one can imagine - completely incompetent people at the helms!!!

Arobam: Bentv Channel
An exclusive interview with Nigeria’s Minister of Information Hon. Labaran Maku took place today with BEN Television, (Europe’s first Ethnic Satellite channel).
The Minister was reacting to erroneous claims that he was present at the take-off of the ill-fated helicopter from Bayelsa State that crashed killing 6 people including the Kaduna State Governor, Patrick Yakowa and the former National Security Adviser General Andrew Azazi.
We asked the Minister to give us a detailed account of the events. According to the Minister, after the burial of Oronto Douglas father’s, the Minister along with Kanu and Ogbonnayo Nwankwo, Timi Alaibe, Ben Bruce’ Jnr brother, Sani Umar, the Special Adviser on Media to Vice President and the late NSA, were invited back to Douglas’ house for a meal. The Governor, NSA, the Minister and Sani Umar discussed getting a helicopter together at 3pm but Umar later declined. The Minister decided to stay in the compound whilst all the others decided to go into the house. Whilst waiting outside, an earlier helicopter arrived to pick up guests at 2pm. The Minister decided to take the earlier ride with another group including Kanu Nwankwo and Timi Alaibe.
The Minister had already arrived in Port Harcourt when he heard news of the crash. Indeed, without the arrival of the 2PM chopper, he also would have been on the ill-fated helicopter. In essence he was not in Bayelsa State when it happened.
The Minister expressed surprise that few media houses were deciding to focus on him when many families were mourning the loss of loved ones and further added “the media should be an instrument to carry news fairly, accurately and without biased.” He prayed that Nigeria as a nation will witness more progress, developments and have respect for each other in 2013 and onward.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 4:41am On Dec 23, 2012
You should look below at the report of Maku's interview on Satellite TV today.
He basically confirmed that both stories - the initial one and the one on this topic are true.
His words show, as I pointed out above, that we had two parts of the story which are consistent when explained as he did.
So, leave SR alone and focus on the fact that this would be the second time Maku has mentioned that Sani pulled out of the helicopter talk to travel alone.

[size=14pt]It could be that Sani was culpable or that his instincts saved him on that fateful day.[/size]

The important thing is that we need to get to the bottom of these deaths without delay.
Otherwise, if somebody was behind this, others better watch out!!!

ebucha: You people are just missing the point here. Truth is that Sahara Reporters has bein paid to make Nigerians misconstrue Maku's statement which when looked at critically indicts the Vice President's special advicer Mr sani Umar. Read through his statement again and please tell me who informed Mr Sani Umar to IGNORE the crashed chopper and fly alone? http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/#comment-968805
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by koruji(m): 4:42am On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by ignis: 5:13am On Dec 23, 2012
emmatok:

So should we accept MAKU lies.
Sure.
We don't have a choice.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by caye(m): 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2012
Elueme: I just hope Sahara reporters don't commit suicide because of Maku. Just because Maku has successfully exposed the deceit called Sahara reporters, they have chosen to lose sleep for his sake. Well, I think the newspaper that reported that news got some facts wrong. An impeccable source, had reported on that evening of the crash that Maku wanted to board the ill fated chopper along Azzazi, Yakiwa, Umar Sanni and co but was compelled on by protocol to go ahead of the crashed chopper by joining another chopper which left before the crashed chopper. Whichever report is true, whether the one that crashed left before or after Maku's doesn't change the fact that he would have been in the crashed chopper and I rejoice with him as he thanks his stars and God most importantly. I hope Rudolf Okonkwo and his Sahara reporters cronies have failed one more time.
Someone please sing this song with me:
40 man laptop!
40 man laptop!
40 man laptop!
40 man laptop!
40 man laptop!
40 man laptop!
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Gbawe: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
Elueme: Mr,the bolded caught my fancy. I don't expect you, the almighty Gbawe, the I know it all of nairaland to lose count of something like this. if you know more I put it to you that the pleasure will be all yours to chronicle them. Sahara reporters has a role to play just like other whistle blowing news outlets but the overzealousness of the SR and quest for quicker recognition had made them too partisan and vindictive. This may just be their undoing. As a poster rightly said, let the dead rest in peace and forget who was wrong or right in utterances. Until SR starts investigative journalism as we have with whistle blowing agencies, then will it rank in the class of whistle blowers but for now, we are too intelligent for secondary news gathering and pronto publishing without due recourse to facts verification.

My brother, It is a free world and you can say what you want. Bottom line is that saharareporters, along with 1 or 2 others, have been the only source of truth at stages where our highly deceitful politicians have tried to fool Nigerians. They may get some things wrong but it is absolutely visionless and myopic, mainly because folks like you remain committed to individuals, for some not to realize that a lawless Nation, full of criminals parading as leaders, needs the likes of saharareporters to aid its natural and evolutionary development. Throughout history, imperfect rebels rise to challenge greater evil. Whether it is Robin Hood or Patrice Lumumba.

You and others should tell us how many investigative journalists you feel a criminally led Nation like Nigeria needs. I would suggest a thousand or more because I believe that is the extent of wanton criminality , that must be exposed, attached to political leadership in Nigeria. What hope for Nigeria when folks like you speak so negatively about a hideously under-represented sector and the few sources bucking the aberrant reportage trend in our nation , while our mainstream media remains firmly about brown envelope journalism ?

Agreed we can encourage Saharareporters to be more factual in their reportage but I think those who dismiss them frivolously are very dishonest people given what Nigeria is and taking into account the fact that this news source has delivered many factually correct and very important/informative breaking news mainstream media is not aware of or deliberately not interested in covering.

How many worldwide have, for example , condemned how NTA is used? Even very important breaking news about Nigeria are reported by the BBC and Reuters two days before NTA takes an interest. NTA prefers to show weddings and coronation ceremonies of Politicians and their children. Nature deeply abhors that sort of vacuum and it is only a matter of time before genuinely patriotic folks like Sowore , even if few in number, deliver Saharareporters and others like it. Yes they make mistakes but we need them for what Nigeria is and for the stage we are at. Only a dishonest person will not agree with that.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by 3itNg: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
@Gbawe: Spoken like a true Patriot...
Same with Dino, though the guy has issues of his own, I appreciate his commitment to exposing corruption. Positive change in a system isn't brought about by Saints or Angels, it is brought about by people who though are imperfect, love their country and want the best for it. Genuine and honest folks are very well aware that the crop of leaders we have at the center are not the sort we need to take the nation to the promised land...

.. The Good part is that even if another party takes over from the PDP, the searchlight will not be put off.
Re: Maku Lied About Missing Crashed Helicopter In Bayelsa - SaharaReporters by Ovularia: 11:47pm On Jun 03, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / Oshiomhole Commissions Uhen-Olumoye Road, Ovia North (Pics) / 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.