Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row (16772 Views)

EFCC Commences Investigation Into Sambo's Office / ‎Boko Haram: Israel Steps Into The Fight / Imo State Is Owing Me N16billion - Okorocha To Workers Demanding Their 13 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by k2039: 9:36am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is obvious that the president doesn't even know much about the N16billion Sambo's residence contract. For this same issue, the 'retardinhos' have attacked, abused and cursed GEJ. Do we really expect one man to know everything and be involved in everything? As far as I'm concerned, there are institutions and those institutions should do their work and where they fail, all attacks should be directed at them, not an 'omnipresent' president. In this case, where the contract sum appears too high, the senate committee should do their work(which they'r already doing), the budget office, ministry of office and other parties concerned in the project should also do their work. Where foul play is suspected, the law should take its course.
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points
GEJ must have approved the additional fee at the FEC meeting.

So your point is baseless
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by OmoTier1(m): 9:36am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
No sir/ma, the budget is not "the president's budget", rather it is the budget of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Your comments are really baffling to say the list! Is this how blind follower ship has completely eroded your sense of reasoning and understanding? If the President is unaware of such a huge projected sums in His budget, then He is unfit to run a Local Council Area! A government who is serious at fixing Nigeria would at the instance of this news filtering to the public conduct an internal review and issue a statement within days so that Nigerians understand why or why not the project should gulp such an amount!

The fact that BBP has seen room for reduction of the sums from 9billiom to 6billion means the requested variation should be cancelled immediately and those who prepared that document should face prosecution and be jailed! Fleecing Nigeria 2billion naira that can build at least one standard fully equipped children hospital in each zone of the country is an economic crime that deserves severe punishment.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 22, 2012
my main problem with this daylight robbery of a story is the way they keep saying billions as if we're talking about 6thousand naira.damn!!.imagine 6billion is not enough for the official residence of sambo?.WTF is wrong with this country.is the residence made of gold.people can't afford two square meal, some are living under bridges while some can't afford kerosine for stove and yet some fools are requesting for extra 7billion on top the looted 6billion just to complete a residence!!..twa!!*spits*.we're truly living in a hellhole and calling it a country.SMH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by k2039: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
If you feel Mr President should know every item contained in a 5trillion budget, then goodluck to you.
Why on earth should he approve it, if he doesn't know or scrutinizes it, that will mean stupidity.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by vanstanzy(m): 9:38am On Dec 22, 2012
alj harem:

Gbammmmm Need I say more. When I talk, it's like Alj harem is against GEJ and that is not the case, it is glaring each day that Nigerian have made a mistake by voting this man in due to tribal sentiments.

16 billion Naira is ( one million in 16 thousand places so you can see what I am seeing) and we know a lot of Nigerians barely collect 100 thousand naira home. It would take a person earning 100000 a month, hundred and sixty thousand years to save up without spending a kobo. that 160 millenia shocked shocked shocked wicked leaders grin grin grin

Wicked leaders na small thing. I believe these leaders take their orders from THE DEPTHS OF HELL. angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Pataki: 9:40am On Dec 22, 2012
GEJ is ignorant of fuel subsidy scam.

GEJ is ignorant of pension fund scam.

GEJ is ignorant of 16 billion Naira contract row.

All hail the ignorant President!

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by omenziate(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2012
Nothing spoil, the country is progressing.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by franchizy(m): 9:46am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
No sir/ma, the budget is not "the president's budget", rather it is the budget of the federal republic of Nigeria.

You just said my mind. Your comment is the best comment on this thread
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by gidiMonsta(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Olusegun Obasanjo Administration and the awards of over-bloated contracts. Now he is criticizing my President, this is an example of monumental fraud that he committed, Its only OBJ and Julius Berger that knows the kickbacks he may have received that left the project redundant till now.

You're a retar.d, what's OBJ's business with this? The contract was awarded in 2009 when GEJ was VP! There's no way he doesn't know about this.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Reference(m): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2012
dady12: for those claiming that GEJ did not know about this 9b are called fools at 40,if GEJ did not know about this,personally, i called for his impeacement,could you imagine,the cost of furniture,security gadget, fencing is more than the cost of the whole building,stupit people,the worst or the highest thing to purchase with all this our billions is private jet,thank God ,they are all clashing,we are watching because the wicked cannot go unpurnished

I don't think the President necessarily has to know or remember the cost or cost efficiency of a particular item in the budget except if it raised controversy in a previous meeting or if is of special interest to him. There is a budget office for that. There are lot's of other things he should be spending his time doing. Personally I can't tell the exact cost of every single item bought over a period of one year in my home or business except my attention is called to a particular item so I cannot place that on Mr President. Even the Head of Budget Office cannot tell. That's why we have close to a million people in government and political offices.

And this is where institutions come in. We have this penchant for roping individuals with successes and failures in our polity. We can never develop that way. Let institutions to which we are all stakeholders be custodians of the standards of living we expect and let us hold them responsible instead for mishaps along the way.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 22, 2012
It would be really nice if someone could help us out with pictures of the residence.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by miiraaj: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is obvious that the president doesn't even know much about the N16billion Sambo's residence contract. For this same issue, the 'retardinhos' have attacked, abused and cursed GEJ. Do we really expect one man to know everything and be involved in everything? As far as I'm concerned, there are institutions and those institutions should do their work and where they fail, all attacks should be directed at them, not an 'omnipresent' president. In this case, where the contract sum appears too high, the senate committee should do their work(which they'r already doing), the budget office, ministry of office and other parties concerned in the project should also do their work. Where foul play is suspected, the law should take its course.
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points
I wish there were a "Bleep YOU" botton.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Tolexander: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
If you feel Mr President should know every item contained in a 5trillion budget, then goodluck to you.
insincerenigerian.
Who make the budget?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by miiraaj: 9:57am On Dec 22, 2012
I wish there were a "FUC*K YOU" botton.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Tolexander: 9:58am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
insincerenigerian.
Who makes the budget?
An executive arm of government make the national budget. And who is the head of the executive arm? Do u think national expenses is something that can be sent without the president screening and signature?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by comm: 10:01am On Dec 22, 2012
I didn't even see where GEJ said anything about the said project in the post, was i too impatient reading or another attention seeking story story
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by comm: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by OmoTier1(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2012
Reference:

I don't think the President necessarily has to know or remember the cost or cost efficiency of a particular item in the budget except if it raised controversy in a previous meeting or if is of special interest to him. There is a budget office for that. There are lot's of other things he should be spending his time doing. Personally I can't tell the exact cost of every single item bought over a period of one year in my home or business except my attention is called to a particular item so I cannot place that on Mr President. Even the Head of Budget Office cannot tell. That's why we have close to a million people in government and political offices.

And this is where institutions come in. We have this penchant for roping individuals with successes and failures in our polity. We can never develop that way. Let institutions to which we are all stakeholders be custodians of the standards of living we expect and let us hold them responsible instead for mishaps along the way.
Shocking, absolutely shocking! You must be one of the corrupt Nigerians living and may you never be in a position of authority in any serious capacity in Nigeria. You mean as a President the onions in not on Him to spend some time understanding the content of His budget? No wonder He always end up promising and not able to tell Nigerians what His government has achieved to date.

The totality of it is this; FRAUD.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by onatisi(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2012
dont worry we are on top of the situation we will set up a committee to look into the matter
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ujchief(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2012
In ur quest to defend the presidency, u guys stoop so low that a maggöt will look at u with pride! A president doesnt know the details of his budget? You mean he is unaware of a contract in excess of N9bil? You guys actually think that we're all fööls, a contract that was awarded in 2009 when he was vp. It took N7bil to build the apartment, now they need N9bil to furnish it, thats just great!
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ballabriggs: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2012
[s]
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points[/s]

Please change your name to 'Fraudulent Nigerian'. You are a disgrace to your family.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Mexyz(m): 10:12am On Dec 22, 2012
If d abve comments is cumn 4rm naija youths,den ds country wl be worse in future dan it is nw. We re nt even talkn abt d previous govt dat awarded d contract,we jst want to criticize because we ve mouth. Nothn lyk 9bln in d budget pls,it was nt included.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by blazingtrain: 10:12am On Dec 22, 2012
Abeg joor.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by destinysgu(m): 10:14am On Dec 22, 2012
gidiMonsta:

You're a retar.d, what's OBJ's business with this? The contract was awarded in 2009 when GEJ was VP! There's no way he doesn't know about this.
Seconded !
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Mexyz(m): 10:16am On Dec 22, 2012
We all think Gej shud be held responsible for d failure of other ministries,believe it or nt,other dept shud play their parts nd naija wl mve 4wrd. Those of us makn noise here dnt even knw abc of govt,yet we spit rubbish.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by destinysgu(m): 10:18am On Dec 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Olusegun Obasanjo Administration and the awards of over-bloated contracts. Now he is criticizing my President, this is an example of monumental fraud that he committed, Its only OBJ and Julius Berger that knows the kickbacks he may have received that left the project redundant till now.
Did u take ur time to read the post well before commenting?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by FindOut(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2012
It is obvious that dolts like insincere nigerian don't even know what to expect from the country's president. Imagine him saying the president cannot know everything in the budget! Can you just imagine?? Billyoniare (in half kobo) too rushed here to shift the contract award to OBJ momentarily forgetting that in 2009, GEJ was actually the VICE PRESIDENT. Later, both of them will deny they are paid agents of GEJ. I pity you guys by 2015, because then people wil b be soo angry at bootlickers like you if you dare attempt to misinform the populace that the GEJ administration has not worsened the lot of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by erayo2GCA(m): 10:24am On Dec 22, 2012
na Sambo house or na VP house..if na VP house, shey Sambo no go buy am 2million if he wan comot 4 office..
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by OmoTier1(m): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2012
Mexyz: We all think Gej shud be held responsible for d failure of other ministries,believe it or nt,other dept shud play their parts nd naija wl mve 4wrd. Those of us makn noise here dnt even knw abc of govt,yet we spit rubbish.
You have confirmed you area classified clown! So a President is not responsible for the failure of the ministries under him ? Why is he called the C-n-C ? Like I said, you are a classified clown and by your comment it shows you are the one that have not brains to comprehend what government is all about! FYI, the President appoints the Minister to head a ministry, and also has the SFG, Head of Service, Permanent Secretaries, and Directors in various ministry who he can call to order at any time of the day to help him achieve any good project He has for the country and whatever these individual do, rightly or wrongly, He is accountable. Directly or indirectly, He appoints these people in office except for the Directors position.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2012
k2039:
GEJ must have approved the additional fee at the FEC meeting.

So your point is baseless
Which one comes first- NASS approval or FEC? It is only budgets that have gone thru and approved by NASS that can considered by FEC?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by GARRIx7(m): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2012
When those under GEJ succeed, @s1lly9gerian will as us to thank GEJ, but when they fail, GEJ becomes ignorant of what happened..
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2012
Tolexander: insincerenigerian.
Who make the budget?
Budget office and ministry of finance in conjunction with relevant ministries, departments and agencies of govt PREPARES the budget PROPOSAL. The budget proposal goes thru the NASS. It is after the budget has gone thru and APPROVED by the NASS, that it goes back to the executive, first to the BPP and finally thru FEC, where the president and ministers will deliberate and approve the contract.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections / How Saraki Fraudulently Obtained Court Order Freezing Sahara Reporters Account / 2019: PDP Targets APC Governor, Senator Kwankwaso For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.