Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row (16778 Views)

EFCC Commences Investigation Into Sambo's Office / ‎Boko Haram: Israel Steps Into The Fight / Imo State Is Owing Me N16billion - Okorocha To Workers Demanding Their 13 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ypzilanti: 11:39am On Dec 22, 2012
Maidamma: Mr sincere 9gerian whot is ur problem? You want to defend all ur critics dat shows u r weak anyways you shld know by now dat the country problem is bigger dan u, me and the entire citizens.

The countrys problems can be solved by one sincere hardworking and intelligent individual. It has been done within two terms in other countries. Brazil and Argentina are examples.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by earthgreeners(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2012
He thinks he is a ''Sincere 9jerian'' but he is actually a ''Silly 9gerian''

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by postemail: 11:42am On Dec 22, 2012
Sometimes, I wonder why we all waste time commenting about the do's and dont's of this government. These 'tardeens don't give a hoot about you and I. Better we live like there's no government because it doesn't fuking exit. Why bother hoping for one for over many years. Think of it, guys! These fatnecks leave office with their protege in place, and run the whole show behind the curtain. And the funniest part, they pretend like they aren't behind the curtain. Look at raghead IBB, kingkong OBJ & black macaque abdulsalami, they forever feel they own this country. It pisses me off seeing guys shows support for these crooks. Remember the newbie who won our support by rebelling against other senators, only to stick us the mid-finger with a 50 million Porsche. Sorry, was it a veron or Porsche? Dont remember. But that dude really really killed my trust in the whole political activists. They are all of the same bloodline. Greedy mofo's
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by GARRIx7(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
There is a big difference between the vision of the head of govt, manifested in policies and programmes on one hand and flip flops or mis-deeds of one agency, institution or persons in govt. The head of govt personally owns the vision, policies and programmes of his govt. For instance,the transformation in the rail sector is happening because the president wants it. The privatisation and other reforms in the power sector are what the president wants. As a leader, you know WHAT you want and WHO to put WHERE to make it happen. GEJ wanted a cleaner election and went for Jega. If he wanted otherwise, he would have gone for Chief Bode George

My man, quit the lame attempt at trying to extricate GEJ from this mess. He appoints the heads of these agencies and institutions that's why when they succeed, he is applauded. When they also display ineptitude, GEJ who appointed these guys ought to get some "knocks".. They fail and succeed together..
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by leon25aug: 11:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Admist all our democracy were is d judicial wing in d democracy wit only d executive and legislators rubbing each other's bak. Des fools called judges and lawyers are nothing to write home about wen d other arms bribes dem. America's foundation was built on judges and d law. And our Nigerians wit our short memories and good at in d moment issues,wat happens later we don't care. Youths shld rise up to dis challenge lyk d arabs spring. Now!!
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Maidamma: 11:59am On Dec 22, 2012
ypzilanti:

The countrys problems can be solved by one sincere hardworking and intelligent individual. It has been done within two terms in other countries. Brazil and Argentina are examples.
one sincere hardworking and intelligent individual. For over 140million Nigerians? I rest my case
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ElCaballa(m): 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, I think we should understand the issues before we make comments to avoid mis-guided comments. The project is an ongoing project, inherited by the incumbent. The controversy arose because of contract variation that jacked-up the contract sums. My point is that there are institutions of govt which were set up to safe guard against abitrary jacking up of contract sums. The bureau of public procurement(BPP), the budget office, the ministry of finance, the legislature,etc. All these institutions draw billions in salaries every month and should DO THEIR JOB. Obama said Africa should strive and build "strong institutions" and not strong persons. And I completely agree with him because until we do that, we'll be chasing shadow
My brother,it takes strong willed persons to build strong institutions.That is why come 2015,we ll pursue that "weakling" out of Aso rock and make way for strong men.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by VirginFinder: 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
Haba!

The initial NGN 9Billion will build a university for starts.

How can it not be enough to complete just one mansion?

And then some demonic thieves want to hike it by almost the same amount again?

Terrible!
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by peleson: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2012
Are they building another ASO ROCK? N2b is enough for that project. N16b can build 200 units of houses for 400 Nigerian families so why spending it on 1 family alone. He can resign if he doesn't like it.i will humbly occupy N2b worth of house in his stead.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ElCaballa(m): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
16 billion naira Mansion for vice Emperor Namadi Sambo of Nigeria ancient kingdom and his descendants abi successors.God is watching from a distance.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by mathskill: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
The only step GEJ must take is the cancellation of the project.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ElCaballa(m): 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
God is hearing our prayers via helcopters.Please more Helcopters be imported.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ypzilanti: 12:25pm On Dec 22, 2012
Maidamma: one sincere hardworking and intelligent individual. For over 140million Nigerians? I rest my case

The sincere hardworking Leader will pick a Nigerian dream team to work with him. We have enough individuals with integrity and honesty to move Nigeria forward. Even inside PDP, they have produced Donald Duke, akpabio, and Chime. Corruption is not the problem. The problem is wickedness. In the states that have managed some advancement, there is still corruption. Contracts are inflated, cronies are rewarded, but good quality work is still done. Budgets are implemented over 80 percent budget implementation is recorded.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by OperaMini1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
Pls let the Architects or Quantity Surveyors in the house educate on us on what materials to be used in building a house for it to cost N7b, let alone N16b. Misplaced priority at its best. They won't have the need to go abroad for treatment again, if our Teaching Hospitals will be equipped with N16b.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by floriana(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
koruji: Cover your face in shame!
It was the presidents budget. If his VP is including a N9 billion budget for furniture etc then he was supposed to know. That he didn't know was a sign of his powerlessness not a valid excuse.

It is for comments like this that makes me declare you a personal non-grata. If GEJ were a MD of a N4 trillion budget company and one person is perpetrating N16B spending under his nose, will he be proud to say he is not aware of such major item of expenditure? Even with the unimaginable wastages going on under the eediotic GEJ how many projects in Nigeria are worth 16B that he will claim he is not aware of the monument of madness being constructed for the foolish VP? I truly wish you were sincere!
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Lastuff007(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Budget office and ministry of finance in conjunction with relevant ministries, departments and agencies of govt PREPARES the budget PROPOSAL. The budget proposal goes thru the NASS. It is after the budget has gone thru and APPROVED by the NASS, that it goes back to the executive, first to the BPP and finally thru FEC, where the president and ministers will deliberate and approve the contract.

ds guy just answered his real name 'insincere 9gerian' halayluyah. # shikenah
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Lastuff007(m): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Sincere 9gerian : 10:37am
Tolexander: insincerenigerian.
Who make the budget? Budget office and ministry of finance in conjunction with relevant ministries, departments and agencies of govt PREPARES the budget PROPOSAL. The budget proposal goes thru the NASS. It is after the budget has gone thru and APPROVED by the NASS, that it goes back to the executive, first to the BPP and finally thru FEC, where the president and ministers will deliberate and approve the contract.
( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Like )

thank you cos u just answered your name.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ivy5(f): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is obvious that the president doesn't even know much about the N16billion Sambo's residence contract. For this same issue, the 'retardinhos' have attacked, abused and cursed GEJ. Do we really expect one man to know everything and be involved in everything? As far as I'm concerned, there are institutions and those institutions should do their work and where they fail, all attacks should be directed at them, not an 'omnipresent' president. In this case, where the contract sum appears too high, the senate committee should do their work(which they'r already doing), the budget office, ministry of office and other parties concerned in the project should also do their work. Where foul play is suspected, the law should take its course.
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points
wise talk best thing i have so far
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
GARRI (x7):

My man, quit the lame attempt at trying to extricate GEJ from this mess. He appoints the heads of these agencies and institutions that's why when they succeed, he is applauded. When they also display ineptitude, GEJ who appointed these guys ought to get some "knocks".. They fail and succeed together..
Yes, the president is the head of govt but he is not expected to be involved in EVERYTHING. There are institutions, agencies and parastatals of govt, who are solely responsible for certain functions. The president is not expected to go thru a N5trillion budget, item for item. There are persons and institutions that are responsible for that, except where controversy arises like in this case, the presidents wades in and ensures the right thing is done.
The security lapses and controversy arising from the death of the American ambassador to Libya was not placed on the head of Obama. The heads of departments and agencies of the American govt, directly responsible for managing that situation have taken full responsibility
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by sanusimuslim: 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
I don't have any thing to say again but what I believe is that both Mr Gej,the senate and Mr sambo are all foolish and basterd people of nigerian. I believe if Yaradua is alife he would never tolerate this kind of corruption and selfishness people calling them self our leaders. Olori buruku ni gbogbo won. God will punished them

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ypzilanti: 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Yes, the president is the head of govt but he is not expected to be involved in EVERYTHING. There are institutions, agencies and parastatals of govt, who are solely responsible for certain functions. The president is not expected to go thru a N5trillion budget, item for item. There are persons and institutions that are responsible for that, except where controversy arises like in this case, the presidents wades in and ensures the right thing is done.
The security lapses and controversy arising from the death of the American ambassador to Libya was not placed on the head of Obama. The heads of departments and agencies of the American govt, directly responsible for managing that situation have taken full responsibility

Those responsible have all resigned. We all know that they did so to avoid a sack. So we should expect GEJ to sack someone if going contrary to his wishes, right?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ypzilanti: 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
sanusi muslim: I don't have any thing to say again but what I believe is that both Mr Gej,the senate and Mr sambo are all foolish and basterd people of nigerian. I believe if Yaradua is alife he would never tolerate this kind of corruption and selfishness people calling them self our leaders. Olori buruku ni gbogbo won. God will punished them

Was Yar Adua any better? Covering up for Ibori. Rule of law for only the rich? Some say the guy was too sick to even know what was going on in his government. Shebi you will cure yourself first before curing Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by cheesekiss(f): 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2012
Choi!!!!! shocked and they are stil investigating where d subsidy money disappeared to?? Who do they think d masses are? Bunch of criminals!!
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by nollywood20: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2012
[size=28pt]Nigeria suffered its worst Independence Day tragedies in 2012 when gunmen stormed hostels of three higher institutions in Mubi, Adamawa State, and killed about 48 students.
There was no presidential visit and there were no night vigils.
And since then, more students have been murdered by the dreaded Boko Haram terrorist Islamic sect and other unknown gunmen and the President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo are busy arguing over a N16 billion new official residence while over 33 million people are jobless. [/size]
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Proffruleoflaw: 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2012
Mumu people shouting "INSTITUTIONS". Which institutions? The ones run by angels.

Warped thinking. Our institutions can only function when people, individuals who run them are above board. Our society is rotten and it will take a leader with a heart of daimond to clean up the country. If you're wondering GEJ isn't it.....
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by solelymade: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
Dis is absolute madness, hw can a building cost 16,000million. I sure they didn't procure d land for the construction so hw could they have propose 9000million in the first instance. In a country where the vast majority people live penury, 16000million is to be spent on a sleeping VP's house. Wetin him dey do sef
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by vanstanzy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is obvious that the president doesn't even know much about the N16billion Sambo's residence contract. For this same issue, the 'retardinhos' have attacked, abused and cursed GEJ. Do we really expect one man to know everything and be involved in everything? As far as I'm concerned, there are institutions and those institutions should do their work and where they fail, all attacks should be directed at them, not an 'omnipresent' president. In this case, where the contract sum appears too high, the senate committee should do their work(which they'r already doing), the budget office, ministry of office and other parties concerned in the project should also do their work. Where foul play is suspected, the law should take its course.
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points

Like one post said, change ur name from sincere 9gerian, cos aint noting sincere about u sad sad sad. U will be such a bad representation to the already bastardized Nigerian image when u leave the shores of this country. Hell, am even forced to start thinking u are one and the same person as Beaf, cos both of u see nothing wrong with the present administration.
Like i once wronte on my post to Beaf, pls say the truth for once. Haba!
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2012
alj harem: can you be more intelligent

So which account does this debt go to ? Sambo or Nigeria ? Does Sambo have 16 billion naira and even if he does, would he use it on just one house ?

Sectoral Allocations In The 2012 Budget Proposal (major points)

Security = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N921.91 billion;
Power = = = = = = = = == == = = = = = = = = = = = 161.42 billion
Works = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N180.8 billion
Education (excluding Universal Basic Education Commission, Petroleum
Technology Development Trust Fund (PTDF) & Education Trust Fund] ===== = = = = = = = = = N400.15 billion
Health = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N282.77 billion
Agriculture And Rural Development = = = = = = = N78.98 billion.
Water Resources = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =N39 billion
Petroleum Resources = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =N59.66 billion
Aviation = = = = == = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = N49.23 billion
Transport = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = N54.83 billion
Lands And Housing = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = N26.49 billion
Science And Technology = = = = = = = = = = = = = N30.84 billion
Niger Delta = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N59.72 billion
Federal Capital Territory Administration = = = = = N45.57 billion
Communications Technology = = = = = = = = = = = N18.31 billion.

Minor points aka just for Aso rock o !!! Take note

Refreshments ==================== 835.5 million naira

Eye glass ==================== 1.5 million naira

travelling ================== 15.9 billion naira

http://www.vanguardngr.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=1774&Itemid=0

Generator ================= 100 million naira

Meals ================ 1 billion naira

Party after election ============= 2.2 billion naira

Fuel ============== 18.4 billion naira

Garden =========== 1.2 billion naira#

So my brother 16 billion on house for vp is not too much grin grin grin grin

You are still foooling around guy! You said d requestd #9billion was in d budget, so GEJ knew about it, right? Am asking u to tell me which of d budgets it is in? 2012 or 2013? Plz be specific; i dont need u to show me what u consider to be oda areas in d budget..
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 1:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
onatisi:
i think you are wrong in this area, the fg prepares the budgets ,the presidents present the budget to the senate and reps for debate and approval , it is after this the amended budget proposal is not sent back to the president to sign which then makes it legal , so gej must have had time to deliberate about this 16billion naira project for his vp.what must have happened was that they wold have thought that Nigerians wont react the way they are reacting
plz which budget is dis in? When did all these happen?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2012
ypzilanti: It seems that the chief executive position in Nigeria (the Presidency) is the only job in the world where you can sign for money and claim not to know about it later?

@sincerenigerian should please tell us if he would take that excuse from a man he hired to oversee his family company.
How did u know that d President signd this particular REQUEST?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by danny301: 2:06pm On Dec 22, 2012

Is something wrong with your brain?.... If the President does does not much about the 16 billion Sambo's residence as you as saying who then submitted the budget to the National Assembly? If the president could claim to be unaware of the details of the vice president's residence amounting to whopping sum of 16 billion naira then he can as well deny knowing something about the entire budget one day.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by taharqa: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
sanusi muslim: I don't have any thing to say again but what I believe is that both Mr Gej,the senate and Mr sambo are all foolish and basterd people of nigerian. I believe if Yaradua is alife he would never tolerate this kind of corruption and selfishness people calling them self our leaders. Olori buruku ni gbogbo won. God will punished them
It was Yar'adua that approvd d initial #7billion naira contract in 2009 in d 1st instance..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections / Osinbajo Represents Buhari In Niger Republic - Photos / Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.