Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (19236 Views)

Ten Ways To Marry The Wrong Person / Skinny, Hourglass, Curvy Or Phat Ladies! Which Do Nigerians Prefer? (with Pics) / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2012
Switsex: D fact is dat u cn only attract wat u are,if u are a poor guy/gal u expectation ought to be 2 marry smhow within ur class,anyoda oda tin 4rm dat is a big big bonus 4u...Lets face reality
so which have u been able to attract to urself,silly advice and silly quotation,I have seen a poor guy marrying a rich lady and vice versa dnt type come here to type Rubbish on your key board because u have got a free internet subscription tink before u used ur clueless itching fingers to type nonsense.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by cupid4ig(m): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
cos they dont believe in their selves and because people are too lazy to work

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by AGgal(f): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
U dnt have 2 be d world's richest man to be my husband. Just make sure u can send my children to d best schools n give them d best in life

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by dokunbam(m): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2012
Where are the ladies, i believe is only vivian that is reading this post. Let them comment. i dont care whether you are rich or not, what i care about is love and your qualities. I like someone that is smart and intelligent
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by huninaija(f): 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Survival of the fittest, in this day and age relationships are based on how much we can take from each other and no longer based on truth and honesty but deceit, at the end of the day I'd rather be with someone I see myself with as opposed to how much wealth he attains, which he could loose at any moment, and then what happens? personally, I want to be there when we're building our empire together.. Hehehe wink that's the best thing I can ever ask for, but sadly no one has patience these days..

Remember: he who findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favour from the gods... cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
AG.gal:
U dnt have 2 be d world's richest man to be my husband. Just make sure u can send my children to d best schools n give them d best in life

How do you expect him to do that when he's scrounging for crumbs everywhere undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
[quote author=vivian chinaza]

That's not true. A materialistic family will definitely run you down whether rich or poor. Just bear that in mind.

A materialistic mother will ALWAYS raise a materialistic daughter maka na ihe agwo muru ga etoriri ogologo. *you might need an interpreter for that." Merry xmas.[/quote

Lmao.

Omo Igbo. You just made my day.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
seedord247: tongue
l

Bross you dey front things gannn..

Na only you like better thing?

Na raffle draw we go use the girl do.
Raffle draw? No wahala!
Shebi say u know how MTN wonder promo take end?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by paveinc(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Sometimes I just think these men make themselves suffer, so u think those wealthy/stable families don't have high expectations which u will struggle to meet? The nice family gatherings and other social events...everyday some idi.ot is complaining about buying BIS and airtime, what makes u think u will be able to keep up wit what ur wife's family is used to angry so u think those wealthy families want u to bring ur rural mothers to their gatherings angry spoil everything for them and embarrass them in front of our pple in their social class
what's your point?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
swtchicgurl:

vivian deserves more than this na! bros tochukwu! undecided
dat why I want to marry her and buy her the latest acura,take her to bahamas for vacation,she is the only intelligent girl in dis country that can eat my money for free,so guys keep off cos she is hooked now.I mean vivian incase u guys are wondering she is nw my wife!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by luvablesam(m): 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
mimifonwon: I would say be with whoever you feel will not cause you to die an early death and who respects you. whether rich or poor. lol.
I think in nigeria most girls are raised to marry for money not for love anything else. No matter the tribe. Now most men dont want to marry a girl from a poor family because he knows that most likely his wives people's money problem will be heaped on his head. Now some girls from the said humble family who marry rich men expect the men to help her family status rice and so forth, no matter how you look at it someone has to gain. One thing is that in a marriage of obvious wealth difference the one that has the most money is usually the one truely head over heels inlove, and the other person is just enjoying..And if money goes, love will go. Now you can understand why the rich prefer their children to marry within their social class wants one to keep the money amongst the elite, two to make sure there is more to the marriage than money. Most wealthy men who are ambitious and worked and made their own money and didnt get it handed to them usually looks for a woman that will push them and also one that is ambitious as him. There is a joke about marrying for love is for the poor, and the truth is , it really is, for the poor who marry eachother love endearingly. the rich who marry eachother are more committed and more driven to keep their family together, no matter what happens, to protect the wealth. Their similar goals are usually what keeps their marriage and of course the children. For the poor, its more of a believe that God will provide, and its sad they fail to notice that God helps those that help themselves. Whether you marry rich or poor, make sure you marry someone you can leave with till death do you part. Money goes, but what stays is the love,respect, friendship that are intangible and cannot be bought. Truth is when you truly love someone financial background or family status has no bearing... its actually an after thought for some. endures aTrue love ll. Rich or poor.
completely true<buh how many people today believe true love endures all?dats really a rare tot from a lady in this generation, WELLDONE
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by HARDDON: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
HARDDON:

what da heck is with the -ve energy on this day of all days?? On uя f'ing period or something? Boyfriend dumped uя weak sorry , unintelligent poor a33?

It cudnt ß cheap drugs? Cud it?

Let's school you dolly : seee that comment up dere? Daz da ish ryt there! Daz real. Down to earth lady unlike ur fake-face.

Your crack head wudnt let you reason so with your tails inbtw your legs, go down a chill bitter pill and smell off dis thread.

And hey, while at it, dnt forget to use a pad instead of dose tissue you r so used to .

@op, guess it has more to do with the society. And guys always trying to вυч their way into a lady's life! you buy to meet her, you gono buy to keep ha.

And as ƒoя guys wanting gurls frm rich homes,here is fud ƒoя tot sadfrom first hand expirence),

apart from very few with gud upbringing, 99.6 % of dεм are blood suckin, time wasting, strong headed, money draining, energy sappin and beef giving demons!

You can quote ♏ԑ anywhere!

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by safeLove(f): 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
Rubbish!
So if a girl falls in love with a guy from a rich background she should dump him and go for a poor stuggling guy so that the marriage will last abi?

Arrant nonsense. My husband is from a very rich background and we met on my first day in the university of Lagos,Akoka. I was already head over heels in love with him before I discovered just how influential his family is. When I say influential,I mean big time old money.

We dated for five years and have been married for two years and I don't see thing that will pull us apart. We are still as tight as hand and glove.

I used myself as example because,money and riches do not decide who you love. Its the sincerity of your heart that matters.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
personally, i could never date a rich guy, and vice versa. Never tried it, anyway.

it just wouldnt work- too much incompatibility.

i eat eba, etc.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
This poster does not understand evolution.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Paulipopor: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
I personally think this thread should be closed Vivian don talk am finish.

Merry christmas

Sent from my samsung tablet...grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by dabrake(m): 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
I for quote @vivian chinaza's post 12 times but guy, na sexkillz be the mod here. Make him no ban me reach next century.

@vivian, 174 likes
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: vivian u are the kinda of lady I have been looking for were have u been,can't wait to met u,u are the most wisest person I have seen in dis country the rest girls Are wash.pls holla me BB 22AFBC88 or 08062251431. Would love us to build a serious relationship tanx and merry xmas.

She don maryy, bro.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
safeLove: Rubbish!
So if a girl falls in love with a guy from a rich background she should dump him and go for a poor stuggling guy so that the marriage will last abi?

Arrant nonsense. My husband is from a very rich background and we met on my first day in the university of Lagos,Akoka. I was already head over heels in love with him before I discovered just how influential his family is. When I say influential,I mean big time old money.

We dated for five years and have been married for two years and I don't see thing that will pull us apart. We are still as tight as hand and glove.

I used myself as example because,money and riches do not decide who you love. Its the sincerity of your heart that matters.
it obvious u develop more when u find out he was from a rich home,but let be honest if dt money happens to vanish u will surely change and dat love won't be they and you no the truth let not decive ourself.u are so close more to him jst because of the money dt just d trutH girl.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by seedord247(m): 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
LastApostle:
Raffle draw? No wahala!
Shebi say u know how MTN wonder promo take end?

I mor dey play MTN promo...

Na baba ijebu i dey play grin

Chinanza.... Whats your iphone pin? tongue undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by seedord247(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
safeLove: Rubbish!

Madam safelove..... Its not a general thing, but its a common among we nigerians. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by dejijohns(m): 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
vivian chinaza:

I'm good. Stressful day! Menh..... I don cook so tey my waist hurts. Merry xmas too.

Oouu, na waist u use cook??
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
chiboy1928: dat why I want to marry her and buy her the latest acura,take her to bahamas for vacation,she is the only intelligent girl in dis country that can eat my money for free,so guys keep off cos she is hooked now.I mean vivian incase u guys are wondering she is nw my wife!

Vivian is not in Nigeria. She lives in the U.S.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by seedord247(m): 10:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
payless:

Vivian is not in Nigeria. She lives in the U.S.

The nicca is looking for greencard. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:10pm On Dec 25, 2012
The point is that whether a girl marries for love or not. People will ALWAYS point accusing fingers @ her if her hubby is rich.
Iv dated broke guys, Iv loved men with only potentials in their pockets, Iv been with average guys, but where did it land me?
Now Iv met someone with cash who cares for me and treats me the way Iv only dreamed of. But some people say "she's a gold digger" like the mumus did not see me struggling with broke guys.
Bottom line is just follow your heart. If it leads you to a rich man/woman, as long as you know deep down that you truly love the person, go along with the flow, if it leads you to a struggling man, pls go ahead. You can never tell tomorrow. The only BUT is that the man MUST have potentials and a drive to succeed. But if the poor man has no ambition, goal or focus, my dear, prepare to remain poor for life because no miracle will better your condition #fact
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by GeneralGaricks: 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm from a very humble background or should I say poor? Yea poor sounds like it, "humble" just makes it bearable, Lol, ok. But rich guys keep coming for me, and no one has ever cared about my family's financial/social status. In fact, that's the first thing I tell them, I'm always like "dear, don't let my looks deceive you, I'm from a very humble background o." I'm Vivian, and that should be enough!
So contrary to your opinion, majority of guys don't actually care.

A lot of ladies who have misplaced their priorities actually care about how rich a guy is before they consider him and I just pity them. I just hope they realize that the life of a man is a mystery. A man's life can change in a twinkle of an eye.

I'm friends with a lot of people who at one time couldn't even afford a decent meal, but just one phone call changed their lives for best, and vice versa.

Last year, I did a job for this couple that had no house. The groom is my friend and as at then the most valuable property he had was his laptop. In fact, when he told me he was getting married I was like "are u crazy?" Cos he didn't even have a house. Few weeks to the wedding someone gave them a room in his flat and they were squatting there. Whenever I went to the house to discuss their wedding I was always like "how could this girl get married to a man that doesn't have a house?" Honestly, I couldn't understand, I couldn't even think of myself doing it. Well, there marriage is a year old and they are now living in one of the beautifully furnished house I have ever seen.

Stories like this humble me, and I of all the things I have seen in my few years on earth, I have known that riches cannot be guaranteed. I have also known that life is a mystery.

So if you fall in love with someone from a rich background good, if you fall in love with someone from a humble background good too. Marrying a rich person is not a crime, marrying a poor person is not a crime either, provided that LOVE is the driving force.

Well said. Is this why you dont want to marry me
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
[quote author=vivian chinaza]
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by deviduff(m): 10:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
tpia@:
personally, i could never date a rich guy, and vice versa. Never tried it, anyway.

it just wouldnt work- too much incompatibility.

if i'm eating eba, i no dey use fork.
*sneezing* Bullshit
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2012
The reason why most of our nigeria girls are single even up to the age of 35 is that they are waiting for the rich guys,but they forget that the system and the economy of the country has affected a lot of things and tings doesn't seem to work that way anymore.some girls if u don't live in a posh house or drive an ,expensive car or u Don't have a good job,that means u are not meant for them.most girls dis days don't want to suffer with a guy,they don't want to even start from the scratch with a guy,they just want to hop in and start sucking fr d guy I mean the rich guy,dat y dey are alot of single ladies out they not yet married.hw I wish they change that mentality of theirs and appreciate the reality of life the better for them,before they get to menopause.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by freshdew: 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm from a very humble background or should I say poor? Yea poor sounds like it, "humble" just makes it bearable, Lol, ok. But rich guys keep coming for me, and no one has ever cared about my family's financial/social status. In fact, that's the first thing I tell them, I'm always like "dear, don't let my looks deceive you, I'm from a very humble background o." I'm Vivian, and that should be enough!
So contrary to your opinion, majority of guys don't actually care.

A lot of ladies who have misplaced their priorities actually care about how rich a guy is before they consider him and I just pity them. I just hope they realize that the life of a man is a mystery. A man's life can change in a twinkle of an eye.

I'm friends with a lot of people who at one time couldn't even afford a decent meal, but just one phone call changed their lives for best, and vice versa.

Last year, I did a job for this couple that had no house. The groom is my friend and as at then the most valuable property he had was his laptop. In fact, when he told me he was getting married I was like "are u crazy?" Cos he didn't even have a house. Few weeks to the wedding someone gave them a room in his flat and they were squatting there. Whenever I went to the house to discuss their wedding I was always like "how could this girl get married to a man that doesn't have a house?" Honestly, I couldn't understand, I couldn't even think of myself doing it. Well, there marriage is a year old and they are now living in one of the beautifully furnished house I have ever seen.

Stories like this humble me, and I of all the things I have seen in my few years on earth, I have known that riches cannot be guaranteed. I have also known that life is a mystery.

So if you fall in love with someone from a rich background good, if you fall in love with someone from a humble background good too. Marrying a rich person is not a crime, marrying a poor person is not a crime either, provided that LOVE is the driving force.
love your post,Vivian,the post of the year on nairaland.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
So if a girl falls in love with a guy from a rich background she should dump him

no, imo.

marrying a rich guy doesnt mean a marriage wont last.

however, if the partner isnt from a similar background, then they have to make adjustments for this fact, especially when relating with the rich side of the family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Happy Valentines Day Nairaland!!! / Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? / Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.