Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

How An American Lady Converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How An American Lady Converted To Islam (31134 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by amor4ce(m): 6:14am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by odehaj: 6:18am On Dec 26, 2012
This dumb post is it to launder moslem's already dirty, battered,shattered,scattered image?!It should rather surprise(and I think it has)everyone why should a sane sound mind go into such a thing.Moreover,if the girl has (done the reverse)converted FROM Islam now, some fellows would be scheming on how to remove her head,what a cult?

6 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by inuyasha01(m): 6:19am On Dec 26, 2012
huni_naija: How is it possible to convert to islam? Don't you have to be born into the religion to be considered a true muslim?

no u don't have to be born into islam 2 be a true muslim or are u surprised that people are converting to the only true religion? Just wait and see before your household start converting this also applies to those mocking Islam
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by IleIfe2(m): 6:21am On Dec 26, 2012
LMAO

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by muaa(f): 6:29am On Dec 26, 2012
Last time I checked, twas stil a free world. Its her life and so shud live it the way she wants. Shikena

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Metallurgist: 6:33am On Dec 26, 2012
huni_naija: How is it possible to convert to islam? Don't you have to be born into the religion to be considered a true muslim?
Islam is not judaism and is not something one inherits, for to be muslims he/she need to belief in oneness of Allah and belief in his prophets from adam,noah,moses,jesus down to muhammad,belief in the last day, belief their hell and paradise and belief in angles and destiny e.t.c

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by baba11(m): 6:33am On Dec 26, 2012
alihamduliah that Allah showed her the way on time.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by miiraaj: 6:41am On Dec 26, 2012
vanstanzy: What a pity! That lady has been greatly misled.
What a pity! You still haven't seen the light of Islam. But there is still hope for you,as long as you are alive. You can still READ about Islam,and you will see the beauty of it,and hopefully,you will accept it.

3 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by odehaj: 6:46am On Dec 26, 2012
Metallurgist: Islam is not judaism and is not something one inherits, for to be muslims he/she need to belief in oneness of Allah and belief in his prophets from adam,noah,moses,jesus down to muhammad,belief in the last day, belief their hell and paradise and belief in angles and destiny e.t.c
What?!!Are you saying that Adam,Noah,Abraham,Moses..even Jesus were moslems?Let me ask you, The Bible & qu'ran which one came first??...some massive brainwashing here smh..if you have The Bible (moslems claim they have multiple translations),go to Luke 3:23-38 then Matthew 1:1-25 you will see the genealogy of Jesus Truth is Truth!

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by searay(m): 6:49am On Dec 26, 2012

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 26, 2012

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 6:51am On Dec 26, 2012
My pastor was imam in kogi before then what? Have u forgot that iran was affraid to see her citizens celebrating valentine .

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by umar745(m): 6:51am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to he religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of a Christians festival. What a tactics.

Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services
4. Preach in the bus
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.
you have the mental capacity of an aborted foetus
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by alienvirus: 6:52am On Dec 26, 2012
I am a muslim. Alhamdulilah. This topic will give some people hypertension and heart attack.

3 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by mmmustapha(m): 6:54am On Dec 26, 2012
No, at any time u can become a muslim n equal or even better dan others Coz all Your sins were been forgiven by Almighty Allah
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by topatee: 7:00am On Dec 26, 2012
I dont have any problem with anybody converting from one faith to another, my crux is why becoming violent and forcefull when another convert fron Islam into Xtian Faith
My advvice for both Xtians and other faith alike is dont fight for your saviour, defend your faith by telling everyone why you are a beliver in that faith, nobody can cover the truth forever
There was a time christianity preach that the earth was flat untill a better understanding came and we all ebraced it and lived with it. When you go over the bend to kill and destroy or you defend those who commit such atrocities, then there is a question mark over what you said you believe. My advice to christians most especially Christians is dont be caught in web of hatred, Xtian faith is not isolation but insulation from this present systems. I wish everyone a merry CHRISTmas and may the reason for his coming into the world become evident in your life.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 7:01am On Dec 26, 2012
When lion kill dog is not a news but when vlce versa happen is an head line.check out iraq and afghanistan have witness mass convertion to xtian and see why they were not slaves but children of living God through jesus the messiah

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by inuyasha01(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to he religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of a Christians festival. What a tactics.

4. Preach in the bus
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.

1.Writing in Roman doesn't mean Muslims are copying christians or are u trying to say a specific language is meant for only 1 religion. Thats not the issue, the issue is the message ALLAH is trying to pass to the whole world using Arabic Language and here u are ranting about someone copying Roman catholic. And is the Quran written in Roman Language? Funnily enough Allah to us about the Romans in hte QuranTHAT WAS YOUR FIRST LIE
2.u know what, the last time i checked, it is muslims that originally wake and keep night vigils which shows your SECOND LIE
3. What d hell happened to freedom of expression? Are u trying to tell me that it is only christians that preach behind pulpits and audience standing? Or do u want to tell me that, that was how prophet Issa (Jesus) preach to his followers? That was your SECOND LIE
3. Is there a limitation to the time u practise your religion? Or is sunday exclusive to u christians and trying to get close to ALLAH at any possible free time is a rewarding act and sundays are free days so are saying peole should lazy around or what? That is another LIE of yours.
4. To GOD who made me, i have never seen any preacher in any bus preaching so saying that preaching in a bus is limited to one religion is not a valid claim.
5. Fire works are things of amusment and fun.in the ancient times Chinese were the first to make fire works during there festivals and scaring of enemies away but nowadays it is used for fun and ancient chinese were buddish zoroantist and all those idol worsphipping religion so limiting fireworks to only christian festivals is a selfish act what happened to freedom of expression.
Very soon u would start to see people of your religion (christianity) convert to islam just wait and see. And they(converts to islam) coupled with muslims would be the ones to prosper on the day of reckoning

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 26, 2012
zameen: Salam, Pls help with links where I can read motivating Islamic articles as I'm currently lossing my faith.

Thanks
Please visit kalamullah.com
It will help u a lot u will see many articles lectures and videos that will help u on the site
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by DanielNoble(m): 7:10am On Dec 26, 2012
13volts: The section many people claim promises this virgins is an HAdith quoted below.

"Muhammad was heard say: "The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy two wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from [Damascus] to San'a"

This hadith is rated by Islamic Scholars as being weak and having a disputed narration, hence such Information are not taking seriously. What is a Hadith? The Hadith is the record of the sayings & conduct of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Since the Hadith is not an holy like the Quran, because it was written and complied by humans. The scholars of the Hadith literature divided it into categories according to the degree of authenticity and reliability. The rule is that a Muslim does not believe in or work with a weak narration.

Mind you going back to the verse again, it is said it is for a believer nowhere it is said a Jihaadist, sucide bomber.
the quran was thrown from heaven abi? It was recorded? It wasn't duplicated?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by rajiade: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2012

4. Preach in the bus
etc

Inokwa moo!

You call all these "copycatting"?

1. If the Quran was copied from the Roman Catholic's Bible why the unique difference in content nd context?. Moreover, these same catholics to christianity to almost all part of the world, why the hatred and fight against them by present day christianity. Can you (pentecostal and new generation xtians) be better than the real followers (Catholics from Rome n Isreal) of Jesus right frm his days?, Those who saw his birth, knew his origin, knew how he was prosecuted, took down his teachings, saw his life style, formed an association/belief/religion in his name n teachings, and brought this teachings to you?

2. Did Jesus Preach on the pulpit or Peter, Paul, Mathew, Mark etc sat on chairs b4 him?

3. Is Sunday the Sabath day as depicted by the Bible as the day for worship? OR where in the bible was it clearly stated that Vigil is one of the pillars of xtianity? Or did the word originate from the bible? So who ever choose to call on his creator at the middle of d night is copying xtianity. How about ritualist, herbalist, cultist and traditionalist who hold thr activities at the middle of d night?. Moreover, is Vigil an act of the early xtians?

4. What is d purpose of preaching in the bus/ public places? I thought every one is free to stand up say anything as long as your listeners don't shut you up.

5. Fire works and the likes where made to lighten any activty as longa as you wish. Moreover, for as much as I remember, Bangers and the likes are hard to find in Ilaya/ramadan periods. Except if they fall with the last 3 ember month which is wen you get dem for the xmas/new year period. So how can you justify that those who use it are for the ileya/ramadan festivity, and not for the xmas and New year period.

6. And what do you have to say about christians who find blessings in joining the muslims during Ramadan fast and they leave out the lent without observing it.

All your insinuations are childish are pure campaign of calumny.

6 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2012
mmmustapha: No, at any time u can become a muslim n equal or even better dan others Coz all Your sins were been forgiven by Almighty Allah
is there any salvation in islam?remember that all muslims will remain in hell waiting for mohammad to come for their help what about if mohammad couldn't make it means u have been brainwashed and duped of ur life , is not late .ask God to show u the right way and u will find it than to stay in hell waiting for that will not come.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 7:17am On Dec 26, 2012
odehaj: What?!!Are you saying that Adam,Noah,Abraham,Moses..even Jesus were moslems?Let me ask you, The Bible & qu'ran which one came first??...some massive brainwashing here smh..if you have The Bible (moslems claim they have multiple translations),go to Luke 3:23-38 then Matthew 1:1-25 you will see the genealogy of Jesus Truth is Truth!

Who are you kidding? If the bible came before quran, does that invalidate either of the two? And by the way, do you have a copy of the true bible revealed to jesus? I will rather say you are the one suffering from excessive brainwashing,
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by SIRcumalot: 7:21am On Dec 26, 2012
What is the reward of a pious female muslim ? If the answer is she gets 73 young studs.then you might understand the reason for this conversion
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 7:21am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: When lion kill dog is not a news but when vlce versa happen is an head line.check out iraq and afghanistan have witness mass convertion to xtian and see why they were not slaves but children of living God through jesus the messiah

Who is this your supposed God? Is he Jesus? If yes, did he say that in the bible? If no, then give us his name and tell us why u xtians have abandoned him to worship his supposed son.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 26, 2012
jude33084: Just another CIA in Islam undecided

Ur head dey there my brother.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by CHukwudiKe2: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2012
This is madness
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 7:26am On Dec 26, 2012
DanielNoble: the quran was thrown from heaven abi? It was recorded? It wasn't duplicated?

Are you just brainless by default? If you have a duplicate of the quran, why not show us...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Do You Know Who Killed Abu Jahl ? ¿ It Was Children ! Click To Read More / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? / Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.