Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

An Exclusive Interview With Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Exclusive Interview With Buhari (16846 Views)

Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) / Checkout This Photo Of Coca-cola Customized With Buhari's Name / Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by lacasa: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
utumunta:

and must truth be what u say it is?

No.

But Truth has ηo part 2, and that is wat applies here

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
otele: And so there's no other person from the north other than this old man?
If you want GEJ's re-election, renominate buhari

There are other ones in the North and beyond. I don't care where you come from, i just need a trustworthy leader. Let it be Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Parnassuss(m): 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2012
PosCaricature :
I can only say that what Gen. Buhari is suffering is the law of camal. Anyway, may God help him.

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Camalite law indeed, you go my brother.

Buhari is the only honest and well meaning politician in Nigeria today, if Ron Paul can't win in America I can't blame Buhari for not succeeding. The fact remains it is more Nigeria's loss than anything

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by iiiyyyk(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
@ osunoriginal.

u have a very big problem.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
@poscaricature

You meant to say Karma, bro.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by otele(m): 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
payless:

There are other ones in the North and beyond. I don't care where you come from, i just need a trustworthy leader. Let it be Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa.
Then lets have Nuhu Ribadu, I heard the former governor of bauchi was good. I want a young progressive northern Muslim to replace goodluck. To keep recycling these same guys is an insult to the younger generation of Nigerians.
David Cameron is 44yrs. He rules over Britain. Why can't we have leaders in their 50s in Nigeria.

By the way, Buhari was evasive with the question of his role in the July 1966 coup and the pre-civil war pogrom.

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
otele:
Then lets have Nuhu Ribadu, I heard the former governor of bauchi was good. I want a young progressive northern Muslim to replace goodluck. To keep recycling these same guys is an insult to the younger generation of Nigerians.
David Cameron is 44yrs. He rules over Britain. Why can't we have leaders in their 50s in Nigeria.

By the way, Buhari was evasive with the question of his role in the July 1966 coup and the pre-civil war pogrom.

So be it if Ribadu rules Nigeria. In order to contest Presidential election, there is what is called name, recognition and charisma which Buhari has more than anyone from the North. I will take Ribadu 30 days of the week, 365 days in a year, 48 months in 4 years multiply by 2 over Jonathan.

About 1966 coup, the guy was new to the military. He was a fresh officer. He had nothing to do with the coup. Buhari was victim of himself. He over achieved than his mates. He is younger than most of his colleagues in the military and had higher ranks in the military than most of his mates. That should tell you something.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by otele(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
payless:
Buhari was victim of himself. He over achieved than his mates. He is younger than most of his colleagues in the military and had higher ranks in the military than most of his mates. That should tell you something.

It tells me he was well connected to the powers that be

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
otele:

Look at his family closely. His father was never part of the "elite North". He was brilliant at schools and so in the military. He was rewarded for his brilliancy. We need to change our mindeset in Nigeria in which some believe when you attain level at the top it means you must have been helped by your connection to people in power. I call that silly.

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by otele(m): 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
I call that sad reality. There are many people qualified for certain positions but can't get it bc they ain't connected. Connection is not all about blood relatives. It could simply be your name, tribe, religion etc. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I remember my dad once said benue state alone in the 1990s had more generals than the whole of the south east state.
Talk of quality vs connection
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
every frigging time there is a buhari thread gej's apologists crowd in with their lies and half truths,u cannot bullshyte me because i have a brain n use it..fact one...nigeria is broke becos of ur president's squandermania,fact twi gej eats one billion naira worth of food and its not enuf,fact three,security is nigeria is officially non exsistent,boko haram in the north,robbers in the south,ritual killings are one hundred percent off..fact four,gej' s cabinent comprises of people with corruption attached to their names,fact five under gej we have no refinery working,no electricty,level of living standard has fallen

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by imotondo(m): 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
[quote author=highlandre]

I'm in awe. I believe we need those principles of yours to move this nation forward. Just as you said, our problems are indiscipline and corruption.

I'll vote for you anytime, any day.

Lol mehn,u r definitely the fool of the century for quoting all that....whats that ur name again?
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
moore than what it was under obj,all jobs obj tried to create have scattered under gej,fact seven,we buy petrol for one hundred naira twice of what we bought under obj,yaradua reverted it to sixty naira,gey gave us for one hundred naira amidst death,cries and strikes,fact eight nigeria is so divided now it can barely stand..now go back to ur master and tell him he is a failure and not worthy to clean buhari's shoes.buhari is not the problem,obj is not the problem,ibb is not the the problem,the problem is him,if he cannot realise to be a president is not about bleeding the oil wells and dashing political appointments
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by olatunji390(m): 7:54pm On Dec 25, 2012
Nice chat. I Love this. May Allah bless him.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
ehie: every frigging time there is a buhari thread gej's apologists crowd in with their lies and half truths,u cannot bullshyte me because i have a brain n use it..fact one...nigeria is broke becos of ur president's squandermania,fact twi gej eats one billion naira worth of food and its not enuf,fact three,security is nigeria is officially non exustent,biko haram in the north,robbers in the south,ritual killings are one hundred percent off..fact four,gej' s cabinent comprises of people with corruption attached to their names,fact five under gej we have no refinery working,no electricty,level of living standard has fallen

Imagine the President talking about giving facelift to our airports in his Christmas day address. Misplaced priorities, isn't it? Only two percent of Nigeria's population go to the airport every year. This is the same President who purchased three Presidential Jets for no reason. A man that one time had no shoes.

Now Tony Annenih is back in the government as Chairman Nigerian Port Authority. That tells you a lot about Jonathan's character.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2012
being a president is about patriotism,loving ur nation more than urself,ih he patriotic?wasnt it him that said "qmy people did not bomb eagle square"are we his people or are the ijaws his people? Buhari is disciplined,abacha was courageous,ibb was a genius,obj was bold and strong,yaradua was good and fair,what is gej?nothing no substace,just mass.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by size38: 8:31pm On Dec 25, 2012
This man Buhari is a crook. He avoided several questions. There is a lot of false hood in this interview. From the interview,1. I can see that Buhari had no root. 2 Buhari's govt stole #2.8billion dollars. because uptill today in naija those who steal from the public purse still accuse their accusers of not having evidence. 3 it is not possible that Buhari will be called in to come and head the govt without being part of the coup plotter. 4 Buhari's five. Mansions in different naija cities cannot come from his salaries and entitlements alone. Therefore he stole maybe, very small. 5 the suitcase where Buhari claimed belong to his Aide cannot be true because claiming those suitcases belongs to his Aide and his family means that for such large family to travel to Saudi Arabia,at the expense of the country still amounts to wasting public funds which still exist till date. Therefore, there was still corruption during his regime.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by 77ken: 8:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
Most Nigerians youths are shallow minded n allow themselves to b used by d thievin politicians. Singapore malaysia n others got where they are cos of military leaders like buhari who instilled d culture of discipline n hardwork. We missed it wen he was overthrown like it or not.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
size38: This man Buhari is a crook. He avoided several questions. There is a lot of false hood in this interview. From the interview,1. I can see that Buhari had no root. 2 Buhari's govt stole #2.8billion dollars. because uptill today in naija those who steal from the public purse still accuse their accusers of not having evidence. 3 it is not possible that Buhari will be called in to come and head the govt without being part of the coup plotter. 4 Buhari's five. Mansions in different naija cities cannot come from his salaries and entitlements alone. Therefore he stole maybe, very small. 5 the suitcase where Buhari claimed belong to his Aide cannot be true because claiming those suitcases belongs to his Aide and his family means that for such large family to travel to Saudi Arabia,at the expense of the country still amounts to wasting public funds which still exist till date. Therefore, there was still corruption during his regime.
didnt bother read ur post....liar

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Samxiulee: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
OsunOriginal:

Were you in this country when Azazi said some elements within pdp were behind boko haram which led to Azazi removal and subsequent death in an helicopter crash? Given that Azazi cant lie against his own people, what therefore should concern Buhari in all these? It goes back to this same thing, open your mind and accommodate other tribes and their belief. It is the same hatred for others that blocks your senses thereby muddling issues up and deverting peoples attention away from the real issue confronting us. How many of you today condemed PDP following the Azazi revelation? How many of you condemed his removal as a result of this? Hypocrites...
ehmmmmm what has azazi issue got to do with your chagrin againt southeasterners?Azazi is a fellow southerner,a fine soldier,a former army chief and nsa.pdp has all nigerian tribe in it,so what's is the correlation?pls be objective,dnt argue for arguing sake.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by nagoma(m): 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2012
otele:

Nonsense.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by nagoma(m): 10:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
calaway: That is the beauti of this country? In the Interest of National unity certain areas or people are sacrificed. Look at that Madalla mastermind Kabiru sokoto who killed more than 50 innocent xtian people including children who was excorted by the police out to freedom. And remember also that this Guy was arrested in The governors house in the company of a serving airforce officer. Yu see the BH matter is very wide spread. Jihad is supported by all Northern muslims and they will play their role when called upon. GEJ is not fully aware of his powers so he is scare of rocking the boat in the interest on National unity but the other side has no such considerations

"GEJ not fully aware of his powers" - this is an understatement . gEJ is not fully aware of anything . A southern intelectual , a PhD who cannot tell his left from his right.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Gbawe: 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
ehie: every frigging time there is a buhari thread gej's apologists crowd in with their lies and half truths,u cannot bullshyte me because i have a brain n use it..fact one...nigeria is broke becos of ur president's squandermania,fact twi gej eats one billion naira worth of food and its not enuf,fact three,security is nigeria is officially non exsistent,boko haram in the north,robbers in the south,ritual killings are one hundred percent off..fact four,gej' s cabinent comprises of people with corruption attached to their names,fact five under gej we have no refinery working,no electricty,level of living standard has fallen

Totally correct. Predictable and very sad. These guys are insecure about anyone they perceive is a treat to GEJ. Whether it is Buhari, EL_Rufai, Bakare, RIbadu, Fashola or Tinubu, the pattern is the same and it involves a cheap attempt to discredit others just to validate how abysmally poor GEJ is as a leader.

2 Likes

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Yujin(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2012
Tell Buhari that we know he is a disciplinarian but is TOO BIGOTED to lead this empire called Nigeria. Tell him that Dogs and Baboons MUST be soaked in blood come 2015. Tell him that he will NEVER PRESIDE over Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by mabcos: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
kehinde1588: summary pls..........
the sum is that no body is 100% perfect. He still remain the best out of them.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
mabcos: the sum is that no body is 100% perfect. He still remain the best out of them.
true

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
Yujin: Tell Buhari that we know he is a disciplinarian but is TOO BIGOTED to lead this empire called Nigeria. Tell him that Dogs and Baboons MUST be soaked in blood come 2015. Tell him that he will NEVER PRESIDE over Nigeria again.
40 laptop gang,a failure like d rest
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by phineas: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
Bihari remains the best of the north,together with whoever he appoints,I look forward to campaigning for him a home,a work everywhere,come 2015.For those who wanted GEJ and voted sentimentally,Youve had your wish,I pray wisdom for sound judgement for you all come 2015.pls note posterity will judge us all.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by creserve: 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Oga Buhari said he signed the contract for building of Kaduna refinery. Good. But the SENSIBLE question that should follow is why Kaduna when the crude is located in Niger delta? Why not anywhere close to the raw material, which is crude? Why not Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Ondo, Abia,etc. Why not even Lokoja if he wanted some national spread in citing of refineries? Who bore the extra cost of laying of thousands of kilometres of pipelines for moving the crude all the way to Kaduna?
Buhari also denied the N2.8billion NNPC fraud and 52 smuggled suite cases. Okay na. OBJ was also interviewed recently by Gbenga Ashiru of channelstv. In that interview, OBJ denied he ever wanted or worked towards a 3rd term. Therefore, the denials or responses of Buhari are as expected.

Signing of the contracts for the construction of the refinery as the minister in charge does not mean that he was the one that took the decision of siting it in Kaduna.It is a policy decision that must have undergone consideration at the highest level! As for the 2.8Billion,I will implore you to do some research and am sure you'll see how laughable it is to even contemplate such a massive fraud at that point in Nigeria's history.
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by otele(m): 12:10am On Dec 26, 2012
phineas: Bihari remains the best of the north,together with whoever he appoints,I look forward to campaigning for him a home,a work everywhere,come 2015.For those who wanted GEJ and voted sentimentally,Youve had your wish,I pray wisdom for sound judgement for you all come 2015.pls note posterity will judge us all.
If he runs again, he will LOOSE AGAIN tongue
If he's the only person the north can offer, that means GEJ has just been handed another 4 yrs. people don't want him. In this 21st century Nigeria doesn't have any other northerner except this muderers' hero? Pathetic.
He is too bigoted to be president. Let him endorse some other nationally acceptable candidate. He can endorse Ribadu or Markafi or Marwa or muazu etcamy good Muslims that can do the job. He wants to be president and he won't. tongue

Next pls cool
Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by fellory: 12:29am On Dec 26, 2012
OsunOriginal:

How do you cage Igbos with all the trash they are posting here? They never think straight... and dont think you can appeal and get Igbos to reason along with you. It wont happen - their problem is pathological.

Guy hate is eating you up.I think you should take a break from nairaland.Your level of hate is almost equal to what the tutsis had against the hutus in the rwandan genocide.btw I am yoruba and my sister is married to a rivers man.I try to see humans not yoruba,igbo etc.But maybe I have serious beef with hausas because of their penchant for religious violence but I will never hate to your level

1 Like

Re: An Exclusive Interview With Buhari by olusogo: 1:00am On Dec 26, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, I can now see why I can but continue to admire and love GMB. He so much achieved as military officer; a former Governor, Minister, GOC, Head of State, PTF Chairman. He is naturally a leader. He genuinely lives to fight corruption and indiscipline. In his history two persons have worked against him (IBB in the military and OBJ in politics), the two Septuagenarians are close to devil. To crown his achievements, he refused to soil his hands when worked under late Gen. Abacha government, the most corrupt government ever had in Nigeria! How on earth would someone work with Abacha and not be rich and as Petroleum Trust Fund Chairman!! Somebody answer me, from what planet has Buhari come from? A former Head of State built his houses with loans from Banks, and living only on pension? May you live long GMB. In fact, a researcher should start to study this man. He deserves so much respect including every Nigerians vote.
For those who will never see anything good in GMB, let them ask their parents and GEJ how they got rich AND see if they are in any way better than Muhamadu Buhari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 CIA Assets In Nigeria / Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) / Why Does Kayode Fayemi Want To Be Governor Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.